Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should the level limit be set at 100?

While having a cap over 100 might be interesting, I think I doesn't really work. Like others have pointed out, there's no obvious stopping point after that, and it's not really needed in the game (and I think competitive battling rounds to 50 or 100 right?). So it might be cool but I don't think it'll change.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquriomaster View Post
    i think so also my zekrom has a 423 Attack stat imagine that at level 200
    sweet mother arceus thats amazing
    OHHHH level 200 Attack Form Deoxys. I want 1000 special attack
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Llama View Post
    Reminds me of how this kid back when I was 8 would tell me that all his Pokémon were level 255 or something, funny because I believed him at the time.
    I think 100 is a nice limit.
    Actually you could catch pokemon over level 100 using the Missingno glitch in Red/Blue. Umm... oh, here's something about it:

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    By exploiting the old man glitch in Generation I, a Pokémon can be acquired at a level higher than 100. Also in Generation I, any Pokémon can also be raised to a level above 100 via the Pokémon merge glitch; however, Pokémon in the Slow experience group need to be merged with a glitch Pokémon who requires even more experience at level 100. These Pokémon can continue to be leveled up with Rare Candies until level 255. Whenever a Pokémon over level 100 gains any amount of experience, its level will revert to 100, and if a Rare Candy is fed to a level 255 Pokémon, it will revert to level 0.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

No way. Keep the cap on level 100. Could you imagine the stats??
    Besides, level 100 sounds important. It sounds like something everyone would pay attention to.
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

Lv100s fine. The game's designed so that you'll never need anything higher than that anyway. Even the strongest of in game trainers are swept aside with a team of lv100 Pokemon and in competitive battling everything gets rounded to lv50 or lv100, (at least it did in Pearl, haven't done any competitive battling in White), so yeah, there's no need.
    ALPHA SAHPHIRE

Yes, it should stay at 100. Raising to the 80s range takes long enough, 100 takes even longer, imagine how long it would take at an even higher level...

If they rearrange the amount of exp need to reach the new limit into something that is attainable, it would be fine but as for competitive battling; the levels are automatically arranged so it would not really make that much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Yes, it should stay at 100. Raising to the 80s range takes long enough, 100 takes even longer, imagine how long it would take at an even higher level...
    This! It'll take more time to raise the Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by iGotNoiPad View Post
    If they rearrange the amount of exp need to reach the new limit into something that is attainable, it would be fine but as for competitive battling; the levels are automatically arranged so it would not really make that much of a difference.
    And this too, levels are arranged in competitive battles.

---

In short, if we had higher Levels than 100, then you would spend a lot of time to pointlessly raise the level.

Considering even Red's team can be pretty much trounced if all your pokemon are lvl 100, what's the point?

There's nothing you can't overcome at the current level cap, why would you bother grinding further?
    Will-Powered Spriter

anything over 100 would become a giant pain. I really don't even go to 100. In 4th gen wifi you could have them auto-level to 100. Now I pretty much only play random match up and that's at lv 50. Not to mention you can completely destroy any in game trainers at lv 100 now. 100 is perfectly fine.

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    I think they could let it go a bit higher, IMO.
    Its has been tradition since the first Pokemon games to have the level cap at 100. Gamefreak always follow certain traditions and this is one that won't change. It's tough enough getting a team of Pokemon to level 100 imagine trying to get them to 200.

Level 100 is the most I think I can take for the Pokémon series. While I'm grateful they have that bar to show the experience so you don't have to keep checking manually, I don't think I can stand training my Pokémon to much more higher levels. Level 100 is enough for me, next to the fact some of the stats will be insane.

Besides, MissingNo. should be the only known "Pokémon" to have such unnaturally absurd high levels. Adds to its mystery and the intrigue.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

It's hard to get an entire team to lvl. 100 already, I don't know if I could handle anything higher! D:

Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post
    In all the years I've played Pokemon, I've never had a Pokemon reach level 100.
    I have only ever done this once. It was an amazing experience.

If it allowed levels above 100, than we could deal with some overpowered pokemon.

However, there would be more able to be done in the games, with trying to train every pokemon to the highest possible level.

So i'd say yes and no on this.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

100 is a perfectly acceptable level cap, and it's a bit annoying how everyone wants the game to be drastically overhauled. Now, I'm not afraid of change, but most ideas for changing the game are bad.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

I like the 100 max, wouldnt like it to go any higher then that

---------------------------------------------

100 is fine.

I think they should have a new kind of hidden stat though. Specialty in a type outside their typing? A specialty in a specific move? Maybe even some sort of temporary boost in stat, much like EV, that eventually goes back to zero when they haven't battled for a while. There should be limits ofcourse.

Level 100 is fine as it is. It's a fair level cap that doesn't need to be revamped after five generations with it personally.

Considering some video games cap the levels at 50, I think 100 is pretty generous. I see no need to change it.

Having trained quite a few dozen Pokemon to level 100, it takes a painful amount of time and tedious Elite Four bashing to get even just one Pokemon all the way up there. Go any higher and I doubt most people would even bother.

Yes it should stay at 100 because anything higher would be too much, and the next major milestone number is 1000 which is too far away to have to train for

Def stay at 100, it would be pretty weird having a pokemon at level 101 or higher. I personally try to train as many pokemon up to at least level 80 and I don't think I could handle going past level 100.
    X FC 1650 1536 9669

Too late to start.

Quote Originally Posted by MuseHarmonia View Post
    It's hard enough to get to 100, imagine going to like, 150 or 200. I think 100 in just fine. Plus, stats would be outa control.
    Yep. I couldn't imagine having to take down a level 200 Pokemon. That would easily KILL a level 100.

Must of never done the cinnabar island glitch in red or blue, those pokemon laugh at level caps

ya, I don't think it should change. My Pokemon almost never see level 100, I usually give up on that runthrough way before that point. When they ever do get that high it does not become fun anymore for the most part because you just beat everyone without much hassle.

GodDamnZilla

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast