Thread: hey guys

Default hey guys

hi all, im new to this site.

came here to learn more about competitive pokemon. back in my day it was just cool to have a lvl 100. now i hear about EV/IV's (which i sorta know about) and stuff like sweepers, seeders, walls etc. etc... could anyone be kind enough to give a noobie a list of what these terms mean and give an example on what pokemon fit these terms, i dont know any of them and never knew they existed.

sorry for the noobie trouble.

If you want to know about competitive, your best bet is to join a guild. If i had to recommend one, i would of course suggest my own, Creamery Command. Not only do we have some good battlers, but it's also a great place to just hang out and make friends.
    PASBL Squad Summary
    B- Grade PASBL referee. If you need a match reffed, just ask me.

Welcome, dude!

Don't forget to read the rules before posting on everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by kingothestone View Post
    If you want to know about competitive, your best bet is to join a guild. If i had to recommend one, i would of course suggest my own, Creamery Command. Not only do we have some good battlers, but it's also a great place to just hang out and make friends.
    Thanks but I don't feel like I'm prepared to join a guild of some sort at this point in time, I don't really have a full team of pokemon to use in battles yet as I am researching which PKMN do what roles, would there be a site of some sort that fully explains these to me? And/or categorizes which PKMN go in these roles or atleast give examples of what would be suited for the role?

Sweepers are usually Pokemon that serve the purpose of knocking out as many Pokemon as it can before fainting (Like Speed Boost Blaziken....before it was banned)
    Seeders are Pokemon that use Leech Seed to benefit themselves (Venausaur, Celebi, commonly grass types)
    Walls are pretty much defensive Pokemon, and are hard to take down (Bronzong)
    Annoyers are Pokemon that well....annoy. Like Togekiss with Serene Grace. Someone can just keep spamming Air Slash, and most of the time, it'll make the opponent flinch.

Those are pretty much the basic terms you need to know. There's more, and I mean more. It might take me all night!

I'm new too, and I'm still training Pokemon cause I plan on competing in Wifi Battles.

Best. Glee. Episode. Ever: S2 Blame It on the Alcohol
    "Girl, what you drinking? Gonna let sink in
    Here for the weekend
    Thinking we can
    See what we can be if we press fast forward
    Just one more round and you’re down I know it"

3DS FC: 3110-4067-7812
    PSN: thebestdamnthang