Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Name's N! (771)

Aw this was a cute episode. A little boring though, but I love how N got up and left when Ash said he was aiming to be a Pokemon Master. XD

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Just got done watching this episode and I have to say, it wasn't that bad. Definitely not one of my favorite episodes from BW but it was pretty good, I liked it.

Crossing my fingers that Kyurem can tie into the plot.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Akaku View Post
    Okay, since some are interested about dialogue. I'll point out the good bits.

N can hear the Pokemon and can convey with them through his heart. Satoshi finds this interesting, while Dent as a "Science Sommelier" does not.
    As the episode progresses Satoshi tells them that they're on their way to see Ruins of Reshiram, I think the same Ruins Daddy Araragi spoke about are the same ruins that N has a flashback of. When Satoshi asked if N knows Reshiram he said that he doesn't--N just thinks it'd be a rare occurrence if the cast meets it, however having that flashback clearly he knows the legendary. Satoshi then said he met Zekrom and while telling the story Satoshi also mentions he wants to be a Pokemon Master. N said he hates that they make Pokemon intake such barbaric actions--he goes out to get some fresh air because he gets heated up about it. At this point the cast finds N very interesting. Team Rocket then attacks and N speaks in a low voice that team rocket can't hear them, I specially loved the bit when he asked Nyarth "Why are you talking in human Language when Pokemon have an exquisite language themselves?" After this Satoshi gets Pikachu back. Kenhallow was great, btw. I love me my Aerial Pokemon! N leaves and Satoshi says they'll definitely see each other again, he wants to talk to N more.

Those are the main highlights. I watched a bad quality raw and couldn't catch everything. So if someone has more, please enlighten us.

PS: The Stun Spore didn't Poison Pikachu, N said that the move had a high effect, clearly we saw this as Pikachu was engulfed with the powder. It's just weird that his faced turned purple as opposed to yellow, but then again the rat himself is yellow. They should just have the static come out of its body like they would with electric attacks that stun. Ha!
    About the stun spore thing, i think it was actually perfect. yeah pikachu turned purple, but with poison, we see the purple static that hurts them. This time, if anyone noticed, pikachu wasn't moving, it was stuck in like a semi curled up position which may have meant it couldn't move, aka paralyzed, it doesn't have to always deal with electricity to be paralysis.
    Friends are family you choose

I take back my statement. Pikachu was poisoned by Stun Spore. On the Okido Live Newscast he says Pikachu was poisoned...
    Pokemon is stupid...

Also N is obviously going to Huin City and re-enactment of the episode that didn't air because of the earthquake will take place there from what I gathered.

It was a good enough set-up episode. Enjoyed N's interactions with TR and Satoshi. Nice job establishing his thoughts and a little exposition on Reshiram and Zekrom. I mainly wonder if this power will impact anything heavily in the future, TR confrontation should have been a straight-up battle to make it more interesting. Probably would have enjoyed this episode more if I didn't see the sneak-peak clip of it yet. N felt a bit too regular at some scenes but that's okay, he was interesting enough to carry the episode. I'll probably enjoy his next episode more, but this one was dialogue-heavy which is why I wasn't hugely into it. But it was a fun episode.

I take back my statement. Pikachu was poisoned by Stun Spore. On the Okido Live Newscast he says Pikachu was poisoned...
    Pokemon is stupid...

Also N is obviously going to Huin City and re-enactment of the episode that didn't air because of the earthquake will take place there from what I gathered.
    Stun Spore is a paralyzing poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Stun Spore is a paralyzing poison.
    Stun Spore's Japanese name is "Numbing Powder"

I don't know where you're getting that it's a paralyzing poison. Since I don't think that's possible.

But then Pokémon has always messed up.

Scraggy was hit by a non paralyzing move, which looks like a poison-status attack and was paralyzed, what because Galvantula is an electric type Pokémon?

I think the writers and as well as the animators just don't know what status ailments are, or how to properly depict them. Like how Pansage got a fever just because a rock hit him. Sure there may have been underlying reasons, but it's ridiculous when Pokémon moves do more forceful damage, and one little stray rock hits a Pokémon and somehow causes it to be sick. But I guess the rock had something toxic on it or something.

I mean some ailment are obvious, but there's just some inconsistencies. Most of the time however stun spore, has never caused a Pokémon to look poisoned, most of the time they'd have maybe a red line instead of a purple line on their face, and they wouldn't move.

I just don't think the writers/animators care, they could look at it like "Meh, it's a status ailment, oh well, let's move on.'
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

I don't know where you're getting that it's a paralyzing poison. Since I don't think that's possible.

Scraggy was hit by a non paralyzing move, which looks like a poison-status attack and was paralyzed, what because Galvantula is an electric type Pokémon?

I think the writers and as well as the animators just don't know what status ailments are, or how to properly depict them. Like how Pansage got a fever just because a rock hit him. Sure there may have been underlying reasons, but it's ridiculous when Pokémon moves do more forceful damage, and one little stray rock hits a Pokémon and somehow causes it to be sick. But I guess the rock had something toxic on it or something.

I mean some ailment are obvious, but there's just some inconsistencies. Most of the time however stun spore, has never caused a Pokémon to look poisoned, most of the time they'd have maybe a red line instead of a purple line on their face, and they wouldn't move.

I just don't think the writers/animators care, they could look at it like "Meh, it's a status ailment, oh well, let's move on.'
    They write the series and been writing for 15-16 years, I think they know know more than you might think.

Thing is, that N preview makes it look like he's not in Castelia for long
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Yeah, but when you look at the first few promos of N you see that there's that Leopard on the Helicopter using Hyper Beam, and it's also at nighttime just like it was on the previews we got when Plasma Gang was supposed to debut the first time around. There's also the building and the Team Rocket motto inside that same building. So clearly they're using scenes from there, which to be honest is better than just letting those scenes go to waste, so it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

The powder is a poison, he was paralyzed not toxic poisoned.

Its diferent from being paralyzed from being smashed(Body Slam) or electrocuted(like Thunder Wave), Pikachu wasn't moving he was paralyzed, I don't know Japanese anyway so I dont know what poison they were refering to.

Yeah, but when you look at the first few promos of N you see that there's that Leopard on the Helicopter using Hyper Beam, and it's also at nighttime just like it was on the previews we got when Plasma Gang was supposed to debut the first time around. There's also the building and the Team Rocket motto inside that same building. So clearly they're using scenes from there, which to be honest is better than just letting those scenes go to waste, so it's all good.
    I dont know if the place of a TR motto is really a hint to anything, unless they're being very very sneaky
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Okay. I've got it. I know exactly whats going to happen. At least I've got a very basic idea. Kind of saddening that I know the base of whats going to happen but meh, its only cause I know the game's out come.

I just watched the subtitles and i have to say, they got N spot on.
    I'm surprised, he's very much black and white 1 N. He doesn't like battling, he's very "into"/"passionate" about his beliefs, and there are numerous game references, and he can tell Ash is like the protagonist, he wants a different world then him, but he doesn't dislike him.

He seems like he's more understanding (like his black and white 2 self) yet he is clinging onto the ideals and beliefs of black and white 1 N. In essence, he's a mix. Which is cool. I like it.

Kill me, but I like team rocket here, maybe its just noglistic, but they were fun here. :O While they're not exactly sinnoh like anymore, I'm glad because that means others will complain less. (Well, that last part is questionable, but at least its a compromise.)

Sadly, its now become slightly predictable, but only because I know the game's out come and because Ash in a magazine for the end of episode end was asking "N to come back to them."
    :/...won't make it much less fun though. .-...

And lol, i like that comment made by N.
    "Cilan: As a Science *insert word here*, I have a tough time believing you can hear the voice of the pokemon's heart."
    "N: Ah, don't worry about it. I could just be imagining it."
    I don't know why, but I smiled yet laughed at that. He's more understanding in this. :3 xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I'm glad they kept the N talking fast thing they had in the games.

Seeing the dialogue from N here put all my fears about N being done wrong to rest, the writers clearly understand the character and how his relationship with the rest of the cast should be handled. (Although one minor nitpick, I noticed N didn't seem particularly upset at Ash blowing Team Rocket's Pokemon away). He actually comes across a lot more like his BW1 self and still has a strong desire to change the world. But he also brings some of his BW2 worldliness and tries to keep his emotions in check. For trying to jump right into BW2's Team Plasma storyline, this is probably the best way they could've gone.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Wow, now that i've seen the subbed episode and understand the dialogue, this is probably one of the best episodes in Best Wishes.

I loved the foreshadowing of Ash/Zekrom/N/Reshiram, and I loved how N asked Meowth why he talks like a human, I wish Meowth would have explained, although it definetly would have ruined the epicness of the moment.

Brilliant episode, 9/10.

Amazing episode, the writers didn't let me down

N clearly seems to have his BW1 persona, but I think he's more friendly to Ash and co., like his BW2 persona, than he was initially to the player.

I really loved how they kept him talking fast! Probably my favorite part of the episode, it just matched up perfectly with the games.

I can't wait to see more! Really good episode~

The episode was pretty good. Not one of my favorites but I still enjoyed it.

Wow, new edited dub opening was cool although it spoils charizard coming back for the people that don't follow the japanese anime.. N's voice is pretty cool, but a little weird.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

So far there isn't a single thing I hate about this dub. N's voice is absolutely perfect & the dub sticks to the original dialogue close enough that it doesn't sound too corny & cheesy
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Wow, new edited dub opening was cool although it spoils charizard coming back for the people that don't follow the japanese anime.. N's voice is pretty cool, but a little weird.
    Pretty sure the japanese opening did the same

Is it Tom Wayland doing N in this like in the BW 2 promo?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    So far there isn't a single thing I hate about this dub. N's voice is absolutely perfect & the dub sticks to the original dialogue close enough that it doesn't sound too corny & cheesy

Which in kiddy anime is odd

TRio is definitely back to their rhyming and haiku style of talking.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    TRio is definitely back to their rhyming and haiku style of talking.
    Do they ryme in japanese? Then again I guess yo uwould need to know japanese to truly know

The opening has changed in the episode, that was nice. N sounded different from the BW2 trailer, I think they used a different voice actor, though I'm not sure. It was a good episode.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast