Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Name's N! (771)

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Axew getting excited for the berries was really funny to me xD
    I know people hate on the little guy for messing up and causing trouble, but he's such a little sweetheart :3

Anyway, the episode was alright. It was nice seeing Excadrill and TR seems to be a mix of funny and serious, and I appreciate that. Amoonguss and Frillish are also better pokemon than Yamask and Woobat.
    Amoongus is probably the best thing that's ever happened to them

What's up with the ship? It's like Ash and his friends are the only ones on board. Even when they were having the tea scene, they seemed to be the only ones at the tables.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by Akaku View Post
    Okay, since some are interested about dialogue. I'll point out the good bits.

N can hear the Pokemon and can convey with them through his heart. Satoshi finds this interesting, while Dent as a "Science Sommelier" does not.
    As the episode progresses Satoshi tells them that they're on their way to see Ruins of Reshiram, I think the same Ruins Daddy Araragi spoke about are the same ruins that N has a flashback of. When Satoshi asked if N knows Reshiram he said that he doesn't--N just thinks it'd be a rare occurrence if the cast meets it, however having that flashback clearly he knows the legendary. Satoshi then said he met Zekrom and while telling the story Satoshi also mentions he wants to be a Pokemon Master. N said he hates that they make Pokemon intake such barbaric actions--he goes out to get some fresh air because he gets heated up about it. At this point the cast finds N very interesting. Team Rocket then attacks and N speaks in a low voice that team rocket can't hear them, I specially loved the bit when he asked Nyarth "Why are you talking in human Language when Pokemon have an exquisite language themselves?" After this Satoshi gets Pikachu back. Kenhallow was great, btw. I love me my Aerial Pokemon! N leaves and Satoshi says they'll definitely see each other again, he wants to talk to N more.

Those are the main highlights. I watched a bad quality raw and couldn't catch everything. So if someone has more, please enlighten us.

PS: The Stun Spore didn't Poison Pikachu, N said that the move had a high effect, clearly we saw this as Pikachu was engulfed with the powder. It's just weird that his faced turned purple as opposed to yellow, but then again the rat himself is yellow. They should just have the static come out of its body like they would with electric attacks that stun. Ha!
    Thanks for translating.

I was most curious about the scene with N and Team Rocket, so it was just N not speaking loud enough?(And here I thought in Anime when a character speaks a normal tone, someone half way around the world can hear them). Nice to see N comment on Meowth, not really what I would expect though.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    What's up with the ship? It's like Ash and his friends are the only ones on board. Even when they were having the tea scene, they seemed to be the only ones at the tables.
    Budget cuts, most of the money went to N's VA and Team Rocket's new motto scenes XD

But seriously, I didn't really notice that. The episode was good though, as others said it was dialogue heavy because of N's overly long monologues.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Lol Kibago should be renamed Dragon Rage.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Lol Kibago should be renamed Dragon Rage.
    lol I think I'm willing to pay money to see Axew use Giga Impact again.

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    I have been on boats at times where it is pretty much just me and a few friends. I guess it matters at times. That or maybe everyone was inside doing stuff and outside when Ash was inside. They don't want to be with the hero! GAH! lol

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    lol I think I'm willing to pay money to see Axew use Giga Impact again.
    I would pay money to see Outrage again .....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Really wish the subs could come out for this episode. There's so much I want to understand. It was a very dialogue heavy episode because of N. It's pretty obvious that he didn't take Ash's goal as a Pokemon Master lightly. If N met Reshiram, does this mean the plot for BW already happened, right? So I'm curious to see how the anime will play out BW2's plot.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

This episode was ehh...It's important, don't get me wrong, as it sets up a crucial intro for a crucial character but I never liked N so this ep was boring for me...HOWEVER, anyone notice that in N's flashback, reshiram burnt down a castle...possibly this is alluding the to the BW story where N had his castle and everything, when he was still a figurehead for plasma...maybe plasma tried to control reshiram only to have it defeat them and burn down the castle (something the player does in the game....the defeating, not the burning down) making N realize that plasma is bad hence leading to the BW2 story that will play out in the anime as of now...

now the major problem I had was WOW they sent out snivy and all they had her do was attempt to hang onto a balloon...she didn't even get to try to pop it with leaf storm or anything...

OH boldore alert...should make some people happy...

Ahh...I loled a little when I see the old archetypes come back little by little...

Unfezant...WOW, she appeared independently in TWO WHOLE EPISODES IN A ROW!!!! To do what? Pop the balloon like in the good old days -_- Not that I have a problem with it. It's just that people who wanted more unfezant, well, there you go...you might see here A LOT MORE now (more than necessary most likely) Doing what you say? Popping balloons of course...

Also, does anyone still doubt the return of old team rocket? A few things to note: the way they jumped into the balloon, the fact that they used disguises (albeit not as outrageous), the exaggerated voice inflection when Jessie spoke to N, the scared screaming as their balloon spins away into a twinkle...they are more or less back....It might not have been obvious with the last episode, but it's getting there...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Thanks for translating.

I was most curious about the scene with N and Team Rocket, so it was just N not speaking loud enough?(And here I thought in Anime when a character speaks a normal tone, someone half way around the world can hear them). Nice to see N comment on Meowth, not really what I would expect though.
    Actually N calls TR foolish/stupid or something. He's actually very pissed about TR. That's why the low voice.

He mention the word 'ningen' Pokemon and 'sekai' so he's saying something along the lines of people like you are destroying the Pokemon world or something? <---No this is no way accurate, but that's what the minimal Japanese I know told me.

N speaks very fast when excited or pissed, the writers did a good job showing that.

Because he speaks in a low voice, Jessie says she can't hear him, that's when N asks Meowth why he speaks human language..

They didn't want to downplay Ash while giving N some glory. Hence, Amoonguss body slammed Ash, while N took the shadow ball.

IDK how the season goes, but from what I understood I fell in love with the interaction between N and Ash. I'm not a fan of N, but I loved what developed between them. Ash has immense respect of N, while the reverse is also true.

They like each other, and yet have opposite ideas on Pokemon battling.

In the end N says something along the lines of 'the world you believe in and I believe in are different, but I don't hate you.'. <--Once again my Japanese is not very good (I only know the stuff I learn from watching anime lol) so yeah don't rely on what I said.

After that N says he'll be going to Hiun City (Castelia?) He says, the two of them would meet again (he says that with a smile).

Then as they leave he believes there's some meaning behind Ash seeing Zekrom. I didn't understand much after that, but he mentioned something about him and Reshiram or something right?

Will we see a Reshiram vs Zekrom after all? Unlikely based on the posters but still...
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 25th January 2013 at 8:52 AM.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    After that N says he'll be going to Hiun City (Castelia?) He says, the two of them would meet again (he says that with a smile).
    I thought I was the only one to catch that. Guess they will be going back to Castelia City eventually and the scene in the opening with TP destroying the buildings really was from Castelia too.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

If N is mentioning Castelia already then we may get these revised TR VS TP episodes sometime in March. Im interested to see what his reaction is to 5 Genesect.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

GANTLE YES!! I love when Ash pulls out one of my boys as a surprise. I'm quite happy with Team Rocket, they're nice mix now. N was great, interested to see where this is going.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    I thought I was the only one to catch that. Guess they will be going back to Castelia City eventually and the scene in the opening with TP destroying the buildings really was from Castelia too.
    The real question is why go back. I wonder what makes them go back. Should be interesting to see where this arc goes.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    The real question is why go back. I wonder what makes them go back. Should be interesting to see where this arc goes.
    It's not going back if you follow B2W2's route. Why, I won't be surprised if they touch Castelia Sewers.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

It's not going back if you follow B2W2's route. Why, I won't be surprised if they touch Castelia Sewers.
    Funny thing is that they've already explored the sewers, before BW2 coming out:

But yeah, the writers can easily elaborate a plot revolving the underground (and maybe Hugh).
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Also, does anyone still doubt the return of old team rocket? A few things to note: the way they jumped into the balloon, the fact that they used disguises (albeit not as outrageous), the exaggerated voice inflection when Jessie spoke to N, the scared screaming as their balloon spins away into a twinkle...they are more or less back....It might not have been obvious with the last episode, but it's getting there...
    Of course, considering they weren't used as comedic relief at all in this episode.

Them dressing up means nothing considering they wore disguises throughout Best Wishes, they had their trench coats and they even more more casual clothing in the Elgyem episode. They could very well never dress up again, or these could just be their casual clothing now, the trench coats weren't really the best idea to wear in certain situations(At night is fine, but in the day...it'll make you stick our more then wearing the Rocket outfits).

Their voices in the scene don't mean anything either, other then them getting some more personality back now. They've had moments like this in Best Wishes too. They've even had moments in Best Wishes were they were used for some comedic relief, such as the Zorua episode(With Meowth falling in love with Zorua Illusion Meowth). The Litwick episode also portrayed the trio in a less then serious manner.

They should scream if they get blasted off into the distance, not doing so wouldn't be normal. Plus, most of the time when they would blast off they would talk to each other and be used as comedic relief, not the case here.

Nothing about this episode says they are the way they were before, as the main point of Team Rocket before was comedic relief. At most, the writers just felt to bring some traits of the old Team Rocket back, which would mean the Meowth balloon, a little more dressing up, and a bit more of their personality added to them, however they very much could just stop there and keep them on missions they have been on throughout the Best Wishes series so far.

I should point out that in both these episodes, even the sound effect for the blasting off twinkle has been changed to sound more dramatic, not the comedic "DING!" anymore.

I think they're just bringing back elements like the Meowth balloon, OS motto, and blasting off because it's TR's last saga and they want them to come full circle.

Technically, he's dropped off at Castelia City at the end, while Ash and co. go on to Aspertia.

But yeah, if he's going there after what he found in P2 lab, then it's a safe bet that the city Genesect were seen in the OP (and the movie teaser, for that matter) is indeed Castelia City. And if that's the case, then that's where the Liepard scene in the OP is too, heavily indicating a retconned TR vs. TP in March (the anime staff sure does have a sense of irony!)

Exactly. After Flocessy Ranch, the next stop is Pokewood & Virbank City, which the anime will likely skip over since they've been there already. What's next after that? Relic Path.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 25th January 2013 at 8:22 PM.

Did the move Alomomola get stated? It looks like Oak was doing some trivia on it in Live Caster.
    I think it was their Healer ability.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

So N's now Aquaman?

N has been an interesting character to me also I'm confused with this episode Is N gonna turn into a villain after he is finished traveling with Ash and his companions? It seems like I thought N is going to stay with his BW2 personality in the rest of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    It was Refresh apparently. Although I think their Ability was one of the options for Oak's trivia question.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    So N's now Aquaman?
    No, he's Pokéman.

Of course, considering they weren't used as comedic relief at all in this episode.

Them dressing up means nothing considering they wore disguises throughout Best Wishes, they had their trench coats and they even more more casual clothing in the Elgyem episode. They could very well never dress up again, or these could just be their casual clothing now, the trench coats weren't really the best idea to wear in certain situations(At night is fine, but in the day...it'll make you stick our more then wearing the Rocket outfits).

Their voices in the scene don't mean anything either, other then them getting some more personality back now. They've had moments like this in Best Wishes too. They've even had moments in Best Wishes were they were used for some comedic relief, such as the Zorua episode(With Meowth falling in love with Zorua Illusion Meowth). The Litwick episode also portrayed the trio in a less then serious manner.

They should scream if they get blasted off into the distance, not doing so wouldn't be normal. Plus, most of the time when they would blast off they would talk to each other and be used as comedic relief, not the case here.

Nothing about this episode says they are the way they were before, as the main point of Team Rocket before was comedic relief. At most, the writers just felt to bring some traits of the old Team Rocket back, which would mean the Meowth balloon, a little more dressing up, and a bit more of their personality added to them, however they very much could just stop there and keep them on missions they have been on throughout the Best Wishes series so far.
    In time...In time...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Did the move Alomomola get stated? It looks like Oak was doing some trivia on it in Live Caster.
    Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    It was Refresh apparently. Although I think their Ability was one of the options for Oak's trivia question.
    Yes the move they used was Refresh to cure Pikachu's paralysis, however the Healer ability wasn't one of the options. The three options were Refresh, Aqua Ring, or Heal Pulse. I'm not really all that happy to see the promotions back at the end of the episodes, but I guess it's better than when Team Rocket did them. I just hope this doesn't continue on like the TR thing did, and is actually just a one time thing to commemerate N's appearance.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast