Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The Name's N! (771)

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    The opening has changed in the episode, that was nice. N sounded different from the BW2 trailer, I think they used a different voice actor, though I'm not sure. It was a good episode.
    I'm guessing they did since Elesa and Bianca had different actors from the series. Hopefully we find out who did N soon.

Can't wait to see this later.

I'm guessing the new OP is composed of Episode N clips like the previous one was based off BW Season 2? Gah, to YouTube!

Haven't seen the dub yet but if nobody's raging about N's dub voice, then I guess they did something right. Hopefully it'll make up for TRio return to the land of Dr. Suess.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Haven't seen the dub yet but if nobody's raging about N's dub voice, then I guess they did something right. Hopefully it'll make up for TRio return to the land of Dr. Suess.
    Glad they did tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Glad they did tbh.
    I'm not. I mean, a well-written one can be good once in a while but having their dialogue consist of nothing but tongue twisters, rhymes and out-dated slang? No way, Jose.

Also I like N's voice. While the deliver may seem awkward, it fits N's character who doesn't exactly fit well in human society.

I'm not. I mean, a well-written one can be good once in a while but having their dialogue consist of nothing but tongue twisters, rhymes and out-dated slang? No way, Jose.

Also I like N's voice. While the deliver may seem awkward, it fits N's character who doesn't exactly fit well in human society.
    They did not even ryme that much It was not nearly as bad as you make it sound

They did not even ryme that much It was not nearly as bad as you make it sound
    I just don't see the point. Though I'm glad how they don't have many lines. Until DA...

I just don't see the point. Though I'm glad how they don't have many lines. Until DA...
    I bet in Da every other lines they say will rhyme like back in OS.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Two awesome episodes in a row! The N arc definitely seems like it's going to be good.

First off, I really think they nailed N's voice. It sounds just about perfect to me.

Second, I've said it before and will continue to say it, but I'm overjoyed that Team Rocket is back to their old selves. Half the reason I watched the old show was because of how hilarious Team Rocket was. Not to say Team Rocket wasn't cool during BW, but I prefer hilarious to cool, especially in regards to Team Rocket. Now they just need to bring back Wobbufet and start yelling that they're "blasting off again" :P

Third, I love the changes in the opening, it looks sweet.

And finally, Unfezant is the hero for two episodes in a row. That's gotta be a record!
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

I only noticed TR rhyming while doing their motto and when jumping into their balloon

In before people start to say that N's voice sounds a bit erotic.

Seriously? They're not going to bother why there's a man who goes by N? Just how many people with single letters have they met off-screen?

This episode could've been used to setup the start of Team Plasma wrecking havoc in Unova right when the gang left Pinwheel Forest, but alas, that didn't happen.

Oh, and N, the reason why Zekrom appeared before Ash was because he wanted to depower Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I bet in Da every other lines they say will rhyme like back in OS.
    OS? Don't you mean DP?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Seriously? They're not going to bother why there's a man who goes by N? Just how many people with single letters have they met off-screen?
    Well, DP had a ping pong ball player called O.

Just watched the dub. Seems like James said once again "To unite the people within our nation", lets hope that error isn't permanent. Besides that, they did a good job dubbing this episode. I think N's dub voice fits him quite well.

Also, I am quite surprised that they changed the opening animation. I know it makes sense for them to do that but since they rarely change the opening animation mid season I didn't think they would actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    Just watched the dub. Seems like James said once again "To unite the people within our nation", lets hope that error isn't permanent. Besides that, they did a good job dubbing this episode. I think N's dub voice fits him quite well.

Also, I am quite surprised that they changed the opening animation. I know it makes sense for them to do that but since they rarely change the opening animation mid season I didn't think they would actually do it.
    It wouldn't make sense to have the likes of Trip show up in every opening, making little oblivious children think that he'll appear again.

Oh, one thing I noticed is that they used this opening right when the N arc starts instead of the previous episode. America does it right!

I can't believe they keep making that mistake with the intro. All they need to do is watch the second episode of the anime to know how TRio say their Kanto motto. Oh and I wish they would stop adding words to the Kanto motto and get the Kanto music back.

N's shot at team rocket was astounding, he called them fools, selfish, and human debris....I like N's character in the anime, it's unique. Not all happy or clumsy or arrogant. Seeing this episode in english was really good.

Edit: Oh and they used "best wishes" again....twice. It makes me smile every time they do that lol.
    Friends are family you choose

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    Oh and they used "best wishes" again....twice. It makes me smile every time they do that lol.
    The phrase, you mean? That phrase does no justice to what we've seen so far...

yup the phrase, yeah even though our best wishes have been crushed, seeing them reference the japanese name kinda shows they put some effort into the dub.
    Friends are family you choose

Loved N's voice. I don't know how to put it, but it fit's him. That's good enough for me.

The opening! Oh my gosh. I'm so glad we got Episode N clips, and it took me by surprise. This was a good idea for the dub to do, and not just reuse the same opening we had since February.

Good episode, and a great introduction for N. I believe his transition from the games to the anime went well. Hope that keeps up for the episodes to come.

Still enjoying Team Rocket, as the balance between their familiar, goofy ways mixes well with their seriousness.

Go N!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I really was glued to this episode today. The opening this morning surprised me as well. Didn't think they would actually do it but glad they did. Maybe that's what the dub is planning to do this year b4 the next gen anime appears (possibly in October). The opening was first about the Unova League arc, then now they switched up some clips for the N arc, thy might do the same thing later on this year for the DA arc.

N is definitely going to be a memorable anime character after this arc ends. Even b4 he appeared in the show, he was a fan favorite in the games and one of the most highly anticipated and hyped-up character in the entire Pokemon genre to date. Never have i seen or heard such hype and intrigue over a character since playing Pokemon.

Team Rocket (sigh) back to their Battle Frontier/Sinnoh ways. Yeah like some, I missed their wacky side, but me personally it was their Indigo/Hoenn ways i missed (and the 4kids actors) but that'll never be again so i was used to the way they were showcased in BW. Oh well.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Seemed odd how Ash went from Juniper's house to Castelia by BOAT when in the games you can walk it

Was surprised they updated the opening to feature Episode N opening footage. Really nice.

LOVED the episode. N's voice was pretty good. I was worried somehow they would have messed that up. Calm and collective.

Team Rocket... back then...I remember being so annoyed about how old their shtick got interupting ash EVERY episode.. untilthe BW saga started... I bei;ved it is nice they were not in every episode.. and they became more competant with their promotions,. BUT i had REALLY Missed Team Rockiet.. and it;s great that they are back and somewhat back to thier goofy selves.. yet still able to be seriouse as well..which they really need. A Nice balance is really nice. I love How N mentioned meowth speaking human speech lol

Well it;s times like this i think about how the movies are supposedly non Canon and this speaks up for it.. but it;s odd in other times it seems like they have been with something revolving around the show... like the whole genesect thing leading up to the newest movie.. and the whole mewtwo thing about gary encountering it and it;s escape for the first movie... I dunno..it's really weird sometimes.. but it makes me think in order for the story to work about ash beiong special for encountering zekrom,....they had to retcon the first BW movie.. or if I must.... the movies are not canon which I never liked to beleive -_- oh well

MidnightMelody

Because it;s faster by boat and they don't need to stop along the towns and cities they needed to get the badges like before is my guess...

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

"You're bunch of fools."
    AHAH I laughed on that one.
    N, seriously, you have nothing evil and your voice is horrible. I wasn't expecting that voice, and it turned bad to me.
    Oh well, that wasn't one of my favorite episode, a little bit disapointed. However, Snivy appeared, that cheered me up.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Seemed odd how Ash went from Juniper's house to Castelia by BOAT when in the games you can walk it
    Because they are not stopping at Castelia City. They are stopping at Aspertia City from BW2. So a boat directly across makes more sense. They passed by the P2 Lab and Castelia City as one would if there would be a boat section in the games.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the dub. N's voice was weird at first but after a bit I got used to it and it feels Natural. get it?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast