Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: The Name's N! (771)

Like everyone else has said already, the dub made a good choice for N's voice. It fitted so well, I wasn't expecting the dialogue between him and TRio to be so accurate to the Japanese version. The language used felt so harsh, which was good to hear in a Pokemon episode since its pretty rare. TRio weren't as bad this week but you can tell the dub had a good idea that in Da! we were going back to full on goofy TRio, so why not start building it up early for the dub. The opening surprised me too, I really thought we were stuck with that 1st opening till the end of the season. Good to see a change around. Gets me excited to hear what Plasma's voices will be like
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

N's voice sounded exactly as I expected, in fact, I almost actually thought it actually was Jerry Jewell for a lot of the episode.

The opening was a complete surprise. Kind of odd that no clips of Ghetsis or Colress got in, but the Goddesses, the recycled Dragonite scene from BW097, and the infamous helicopter scene did.

And as expected, the dub made TR even more annoying than they were in the raw. Yawn.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Because they are not stopping at Castelia City. They are stopping at Aspertia City from BW2. So a boat directly across makes more sense. They passed by the P2 Lab and Castelia City as one would if there would be a boat section in the games.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the dub. N's voice was weird at first but after a bit I got used to it and it feels Natural. get it?
    I don't ghetsis.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Good episode. N has a nice voice, indeed. And I'm sure N will find answers eventually. And yay for Snivy appearing again, even if only for a short time during the presence of Team Rocket. Too bad Team Rocket didn't even say "We're blasting off again!"

i enjoyed the little filler axews dragonrage improved its accuracy and speed!! and N acts really strange.. i cant wait to see more of him this is getting intresting

Did anyone else find out that N's voice actor is the same guy who voiced Montgomery from the Clubsplosion?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

First of all, like everyone else, I really liked the opening this episode. It was just so right.

The narrator described N so well so I am going to use it again, N is such a fascinating character. We first see him in an abandoned laboratory which I assume was the P2 lab due to the appearance of the Genesect data. Skipping forward, N finally meets Ash and friends. To me, he sounds slightly estranged and has a couple of screws loose (if you get what I mean) but that makes complete sense to me because N isn't a normal character so this fits him perfectly. He takes an interest in mythology, but is this to fulfil his own truths and ideals to find out why the world exists the way it is? Also, we immediately discover N's burning hatred towards Pokémon being forced to battle and it will be interesting how N reacts the more he is exposed to Pokémon battle as he encounters Ash and his friends.

Really, I'm just really excited to see how this develops. On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Oh man, this episode is pretty good, I actually really like it! Awesome to see N in the very first scene with a Genesect cameo, in P2 Laboratory! Yay, also an updated opening with scenes for the new arc too!!

Haha anyway, I thought the setting is nice, I really the idea of Ash, Iris and Cilan meeting N on a ship for some reason. XD Ash was really playful with Pikachu throughout the episode, so I guess N noticed it. It looks like Ash and Pikachu really got along with N upon meeting him on the top deck, too.

I really like N's voice, especially when he's talking about Pokemon battles. I guess, Team Rocket were pretty cool here too, after N left but while Ash and Iris were in a battle, they show up, using Axew to get to Pikachu! Anyway, N was really cool here, protecting the Pokemon by using himself and then letting Ash handle the rest, with Team Rocket blasting off again? Also, N calling out to Pokemon is a cool ability that helped Pikachu thanks to Alomomola!

So anyway, N leaves at Castelia City while Ash and co stay on board to Aspertia City. Well, really good episode, I like it a lot and now I'm looking forward to the next episode! I'll give it a 10/10 it wasn't perfect but I didn't see any faults.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

N's voice wasnt that bad. could be better. I enjoyed it. <3 you N :3
    Your sig was far too tall. Read the rules before you add anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I can't believe they keep making that mistake with the intro. All they need to do is watch the second episode of the anime to know how TRio say their Kanto motto. Oh and I wish they would stop adding words to the Kanto motto and get the Kanto music back.
    It is not really a mistake at all if you take time to think about it. Kanto,Johto,Hoenn and Sinnoh are all a single nation. Yes they are regions that are separate but they are all in a single nation. While it has been said more then once Unova is another region in ANOTHER nation. So James saying Unite the people within the nation makes sense since it is not "his nation like the other 4 regions were in so he can't say "our"

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    It is not really a mistake at all if you take time to think about it. Kanto,Johto,Hoenn and Sinnoh are all a single nation. Yes they are regions that are separate but they are all in a single nation. While it has been said more then once Unova is another region in ANOTHER nation. So James saying Unite the people within the nation makes sense since it is not "his nation like the other 4 regions were in so he can't say "our"
    That's a huge stretch.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    That's a huge stretch.

Still possible and should shut people up or at least minimize the complaining

Fridge Brilliance FTW!!

I actually enjoyed this episode. N makes the anime mildly interesting and the battle with Team Rocket wasn't boring, as they were before.

But that's not the issue. He says "To unite the people within our nation".

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    yup the phrase, yeah even though our best wishes have been crushed, seeing them reference the japanese name kinda shows they put some effort into the dub.
    Not really, given that these references were in the original script, and the dub just translated these lines straight. Doesn't mean the dubbers even have to know the wording is supposed to be a reference in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    We first see him in an abandoned laboratory which I assume was the P2 lab due to the appearance of the Genesect data.
    Wait, they didn't refer to it as such in the dub?

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Wait, they didn't refer to it as such in the dub?
    They did. Cilan identified it when using a map. Ash even annoyingly repeated it, as ever, in a bewildered tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    yup the phrase, yeah even though our best wishes have been crushed, seeing them reference the japanese name kinda shows they put some effort into the dub.
    That is not a reference to the Japanese name.

They say "best wishes" in the Japanese version all the time. This is just them keeping the line.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Ash even annoyingly repeated it, as ever, in a bewildered tone.
    If I had a nickel for every time, they did that same exact thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Funnycupcakes View Post
    N's voice wasnt that bad. could be better. I enjoyed it. <3 you N :3
    Yeah but at least it was fitting, I'm a little surprised by that actually. XD It sounds just like N's voice from that BW2 promo trailer at times or is it?

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    Yeah but at least it was fitting, I'm a little surprised by that actually. XD It sounds just like N's voice from that BW2 promo trailer at times or is it?
    Same here. I'll even say it was an excellent voice for N. It's a different VA. Tom Wayland played N in the trailer, while Nicholas DiMichele plays N in the anime (some things are similar, but some are really different in a good way).

TRio sucked in this episode in the dub, though. They're returning to their DP selves. XD.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

In terms of his voice, I liked it a lot.

It showed a sense of wonder...I like that.

Though he did sound a bit bored whenever he didn't have lines he was supposed to get fired up at.

/alsdjalsdajksd. why am I being picky? The voice sounds so nice...QQ
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

The episode was really good. I'm more focused on the opening in this episode, though. I really thought we were going to be stuck with the same one for Episode N and Da! I'm glad I was wrong! I'm so glad they changed the opening to clips of the Episode N opening! c:

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

The dub perfected N's voice in my opinion, i think it suits him perfectly.
    On the topic of the TRio, can't they be funny without having to rhyme? If i wanted to hear rhymes in every episode i would go read a book of nursery rhymes or Dr Suess lol.

This was a pretty great episode. N was definitely one of the coolest characters I've ever seen in the entire pokemon series.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

N's anime voice sounds much better than the BW2 trailer. It's closer to what I imagined for him.

I am so glad they decided to change the intro! Keep up the good work, dubbers!

N was already my favorite character in the franchise, but in one episode he already has a better presence than Ash&co have been in a while and is genuinely interesting.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast