Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardfight! Vanguard Fan Club

Default Cardfight! Vanguard Fan Club

Stand up, Vanguard!

I consider it a travesty that one of the most awesome card games yet doesn't even have a fan club. This is the club for the Cardfight! Vanguard anime, manga and card game, an awesome franchise created by the awesome that is Bushiroad and Akira Itou.

Now, the rules:
    1: Obey all the regular forum rules.
    2: No flaming or SPAM (Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages).
    3: Show general courtesy and respect to your fellow members. Even if you disagree, the discussion should remain civil.
    4: Only one topic of discussion can be opened per day. Anyone is able to open a topic.
    5: Write in good English, do not use text-speak and keep the discussion appropriate to a PG audience.
    6: Have fun, enjoy yourselves, and most of all, enjoy Vanguard!

Breaking these rules three times in a row will result in a de-ride, where your chosen Vanguard is reduced in Grade by 1 and you will have to re-earn the points to ride to the Grade again. Breaking the rules three times again will result in a two-week ban and de-ride. After this, three more rule breakages will result in a permanent ban.

Member Ranks and Authority:

Club Owner (1)
    Can de-ride, ban and perma-ban members
    Can start new discussion topics
    Can formalize a new member's entry
    Can promote members to higher ranks
    Can submit banners and fan art

Co-Owners (2)
    Can de-ride and ban members

Moderators (3)
    Can de-ride members

Regular Members (Any number)

Joining the Club:
    To join, you must simply post, saying 'I want to join' or something to that effect, and the phrase 'Stand up, Vanguard'. All members, upon joining, should also select and claim a Grade 0 Unit from this list as their Vanguard.

Once you have done this, a member of club staff will look over your application and should approve you, unless they feel something needs to be ironed out.

Chosen Vanguards:
    Upon joining, each member chooses a Grade 0 Unit to be a starting Vanguard. Over time, you gain points for activities and such in club:

Posting: For each post in the club, you gain 1 point.
    Inviting New Members: If you invite a new member and they state in their joining post that you invited them, you will gain 2 points.
    Submitting Banners/Fan Art: If you submit a good piece of fan art (NOTHING above a PG rating) or a good banner, on the staff's discretion, you may gain 2 points.
    Winning/Coming Runner-Up In a Card Design Contest: On occasion I may run Card Design Contests. The winner of this contest will receive 4 points, second place 3 points and third place 2 points.

Then, once you gain a certain number of points, you can ride your Vanguard to the next Grade, choosing a new Vanguard from the achieved Grade:
    Grade 0: 0+ points
    Grade 1: 15+ points
    Grade 2: 30+ points
    Grade 3: 60+ points

There is one exception to this, staff members may automatically choose what Vanguard they want and their chosen Vanguard may be of any Grade. If a staff member is fired, however, they will default to the Grade achieved by their points value.

Club Banners:
    Here are the banners available to place in your sig to declare your proud membership of the Vanguard fan club, if you so wish.

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/jjmlj9.png[/IMG]
    (If this is used, give credit to Mew_)

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2iggeh0.png[/IMG]
    (Again, if this is used, give credit to Mew_)

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/142d0cj.png[/IMG]
    (And... if used, give credit to Mew_)

(Credit to Avalon Harewood)

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/voyf4w.jpg[/IMG]
    (Credit to Titannial Blade)

Members List:
    storymasterb - Club Owner - 64 Points - Phantom Blaster Dragon (Grade 3)
    Griff4815 - Co-Owner - 15 Points - Dragonic Overlord (Grade 3)
    niedude - Member - 64 Points - Masked Police Gurender (Grade 2)
    Titannial Blade - Member - 29 Points - Blazers Pleasures (Grade 1)
    bhl88 - Member - 24 Points - Sphere Magus (Grade 0)
    GenesisArtemis - Member - 0 Points - Godhawk, Ichibyoshi (Grade 0)
    Avalon Harewood - Member - 22 Points - Commander Laurel (Grade 1)
    Zenetos - Member - 0 Points - Vermilion Gatekeeper (Grade 0)
    icestormx - Member - 1 Point - Vermilion Gatekeeper (Grade 0)
    Draca - Member - 1 Point - Lizard Runner Undeux (Grade 0)
    Last edited by storymasterb; 31st October 2011 at 2:37 PM.
    [CENTER]

Credit for the banner goes to Kamotz

Ah, I didn't know that the club was posted already. I'll join this. Stand up, Vanguard!

It was a tough choice between this, the Lizard Soldiers and Gatling Claw Dragon, but I'm going to choose Lizard Runner Undeux as my Grade 0 Vanguard.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 17 is up.

And... Accepted!

And promoted. Based on your clear prior experience as a staff member in the Digimon Club (which as I believe has a rather large membership among clubs), I'm promoting you to the rank of co-owner. And I also have proof you know Vanguard... given I'm the one who got you into it. Since you're a staff member, if you want, you can choose any Unit to be a Vanguard now, or you can just stick with the system.

But I'll keep you with Undeux for now.
    [CENTER]

In that case, I guess I'll choose Dragonic Overlord as my Vanguard, for now.
    Chapter 17 is up.

Okay. And our first topic will be...

List your three favorite Vanguard Units
    For me:
    1) Soul Savior Dragon
    2) Vortex Dragon
    3) Blaster Blade (specifically, the badass black-armored promo artwork Blade)
    [CENTER]

In no particular order:
    -Blazing Core Dragon
    -Dragonic Overlord
    -Exile Dragon
    Chapter 17 is up.

You opened this club? Dude, you should have told me xP

I wish to join!
    Stand up, Vanguard! Barcgal!

1: Soul Saver Dragon
    2: I forget his name, but its that dragon with gattling guns in his arms that Kai premiered in the regionals... EDIT: SCREW THAT! I have been looking over the card index provided in the first post, and I now declare this card my second favourite: Knight of Conviction, Bors!
    3: Tie between Alfred, Blaster Blade and Wingal. Special mentions to Llew, Isolde and Epona.

yes I'm a total Royal Paladin fanboy

I notice you typed Soul Savior Dragon, instead of Soul Saver which is what the subs I read usually call him. I kinda like soul saver better though xP
    Last edited by niedude; 28th July 2011 at 8:15 PM. Reason: For some reason I kept calling the Royal paladins Royal Knights

I apologize, it slipped my mind... mainly because no-one was really joining.

And I presume Barkgal will be your Vanguard? Very well. Stand up, the Vanguard!

As for the Soul Savior, I haven't edited it (because I thought the club was dead) since before the revelation it's intended as Soul Saver. I'll do that now.

EDIT: And our new topic of the day:

Who are your favorite characters in the Vanguard anime/manga?

For me... hm. I believe it would be:
    1) Aichi. The number of things about this kid I find both realistic and endearing are amazing. He's shy, he isn't that good at the game at first... you really feel Aichi is a beginner. He's played very realistically by the anime and I enjoy watching a main character who -isn't- an instant expert for once.
    2) Misaki. I like Oracle Think Tank to the point it's probably my second favorite Clan, and Misaki... I liked her at first because A: she was cool, and B: she snarked. A lot. Then her backstory was revealed and... well, I was the one who edited The Woobie onto the TV Tropes Vanguard YMMV page for a reason. But things seem to be looking up a bit.
    3) Ren, even if he seems villainous right now. He's pretty awesome. And he's quirky, and just a bit funny. So yeah.
    Last edited by storymasterb; 28th July 2011 at 7:25 PM.
    [CENTER]

so I hoped no one noticed I got the name of my favourite clan wrong

Relax, a good deal of clubs don't get a joining surge as soon as they start. For now, let's just try to be active and keep this thread on the first page where it can be spotted.

Who are your favorite characters in the Vanguard anime/manga?

I haven't found the manga yet, to my dismay, so I'll have to go by anime only:

1: Aichi. Incredibly realistic portrait of how a beginner with shyness problems would develop both in cardfighting skill and socially.

2: Tie between Misake and the Manager. Love Misaki's atittude and play style     Spoiler:- :
    along with her backstory and God her voice is sexy. The Manager is just an awesome comic relief, and I suspect also an Almighty Janitor     Spoiler:- :

3: Kai and the Sub Manager! The cat's just awesome, end of discussion. And Kai started out as a refreshing condescending rival. He is sadly being sucked into the cliched version of the Rival but I have a feeling he's gonna come right out of it by the second round of the nationals. ALso, he's Kagero deck is my second favourite clan.

And, today's new topic:

Yesterday it was revealed that Barkgal is now not allowed as a starting Vanguard. Do you feel that this is a good rule or not? Why do you feel that way?

I think that this ruling is a good change. Yes, it hurts Royal Paladin a bit, but the fact is that something needed to be done about them. Literally, as a friend has said to me, in the last Vanguard nationals, practically everyone was running identical Royal Paladin Decks, so it was clear that the game diversity was being affected. So overall, I think something had to be restricted.

I also particularly like how rather than just outright banning Barkgal from use in a Deck, they've just decided to say 'you can't use it as the starting Vanguard.' It leaves the card open for use while resolving the major issues it had.
    [CENTER]

The Problem is that now one of Barcgal's abilities is completely useless. I'd have a problem with that if it weren't for its other awesome ability, which more than makes up for it being in a royal paladin deck.

But they are already holding national championships? Seriously? THe game is not even one year old. That's awesome that its getting such a starting fandom!

But I'm sure the anime helped it a lot. The anime probably holds some of the blame for the extensive use of Royal Paladin decks, and barcgal as a starting vanguard, since that is Aichi's strategy.

The problem -was- the other ability. Being able to combo out Blaster Blade and build enough Soul to fire Soul Saver Dragon's Soul Blast was just lethal. Because seriously, Barkgal + Flogal + Llew + Grade 1 Unit + Blaster Blade = 5 Soul for Soul Saver.

What was essentially happening was that people were running Decks where they'd be focused on pulling Llew's Counterblast for Blade which provided enough Soul on its own for Soul Saver. Then they'd Ride King of Knights, Alfred, another problem card in Paladins, and use that as the mainstay Vanguard, until they built up five Damage on the opponent. -Then- they'd tend to Ride Soul Saver and use it to create such a high-powered attack flurry that the opponent would pretty much be overwhelmed. Alfred has such consistency of power that you can whittle away at the opponent and build their Damage before using Soul Saver as a kill-card. I've used Decks like that myself online, and I've been on the recieving end of the strategy. It is brutal and effective.

By restricting Barkgal this way, it becomes harder to use the strategy, which invites players to diversify their Decks (they've also been presenting Dark Irregulars as a viable but more balanced alternative with Set 3 to help). And with Durangal and the three Galahad units coming out in Set 3, there's a viable alternative Paladins can use which is less overpowered.

The clever part, though, is that the Blaster Blade auto-ride is still possible, it's just harder to pull off. They're not killing it entirely, just making it that much harder to use.

And yeah, apparently they did. I get most of my info from friends who also play, and threads on another forum, but they've all said that there were Nationals... and that said Nationals were Paladin-dominated messes. I can certainly understand the desire of the authority behind Vanguard to tone the Paladins down in this case. The thing is that currently much of the fandom is Japanese because the game isn't out over here yet (Bushiroad have stated we may get an English release later this year, but it seems more like an English release in Asia than release in the US and Europe.)

This will always be the case to some degree, they need to focus around Aichi slightly. I think that Set 3 has done the best job so far, there are some viable, useful Paladin cards in there (the Baromides pair, the Galahads) but they aren't as brutal as, say, Alfred or Barkgal (or to a degree Soul Saver). And Set 3 also devotes focus to Dark Irregulars, Tachikaze and Pale Moon, which gives those Clans some nice viability (Dark Irregulars are just awesome to FTW levels in both concept and playability).
    [CENTER]

I feel weird about loving not just a, but THE mainstream clan of the franchise. I'm usually so anti-mainstream that I end up loving things that never turn to be popular. My love for Royal paladins is a very weird change.

Regardless of where the English set comes out, having an english set at all would help out international fans. Either by import or by facilitation of a later release of said english cards in the EU, USA and so forth. So that comes as good news to me, regardless.

You know what Clan needs love? Nova Grappler. That clan right now is just a mix of robots with futuristic fightsport-themed units. I know that I could love them, but so far the good cards I know are not worth the ridiculous cards like Mr.Invincible and so forth.

Oracle Think Tank seems to be slowly and steadily differentiating itself from other decks, but the cards I see still don't seem to be much different from what a normal vanguard deck is supposed to play like.

Keep in mind this is all theory as I have yet to play Vanguard at all. What are those online play sites you were talking about, dude? I could sure use them.

I know the feeling, kinda. I guess I liked Paladins because, really, I like Arthurian shout-outs and they were pretty neat. I am quite a fan of Dark Irregulars now they've been expanded, and I quite like Grand Blue. But yeah, when I played YGO I liked quite a few none-mainstream Archetypes, Evil Heroes, Vision Heroes, Aliens, Destiny Heroes... seeing a theme here?

True. I hear from my friends that they import cards, but yeah. It would be useful, naturally, to those of us who do like Vanguard over here.

I think Grapplers are quite decent, their Standing theme is pretty well-done as it is. As for aesthetics, I don't particularly mind stuff like Mr. Invincible. He calls to mind a wrestler, which fits the clan theme, and he is one of the more useful Nova Grapplers.

Ahem, OTT are probably one of the more differential Clans. They're more about manipulating the chances of getting Triggers than they are about anything else, plus the more differential theme around Scarlet Witch Koko where you aim to have as little in the Soul as possible. Whereas, with Paladins and Dark Irregulars in particular, you theme around trying to maximise Soul potential.

This is where I used to play online. They update with new cards as soon as good images (usually from Cards of the Day) are available for them. You'll have to download some software and register an account, but after that you can play. Word of advice, don't try playing it on a netbook. You'll lose the icons you need to play, the netbook screen is just too small, as I've found out. It's why I can't go on there anymore. But once you're on, asking for advice ought to get good help from people. In particular try looking for Scarlet Weather and/or CedarMill, they're friends of mine, who are both very helpful.
    [CENTER]

I like Royal Paladins cause I love Royal themed stuff (my first name in real life is Latin for King, no **** I'm serious), their main colour is my favourite colour (deep bright blue, or smth, I suck at naming colours) they have a strong emphasys on dogs, and they also have mages (I love you Little Sage Marron ^^)

Royal Paladins are even above a perfect trifecta', its a perfect everything.

My problem with Nova Grappler is how out there the cards are. I am a noob who goes very strongly by art, especially in games like Vanguard which have just started out and thus dont offer a lot of variety. And when Kamui, for example, plays a unit, I either love it or hate it. I quite liked Kaiser, there was a time I liked Mr.Invincible but right now I rather dislike it and find it bland (though Im prone to moodswings) and I love the new Lion he used at the regionals.

I haven't checked out the new cards, so figures I'm wrong, but the ones I saw just seemed like good attempts at that strategy, but something still far away from successfully reaching it. Though after seeing Mitsuru's new deck in action, and Tsukyiomi's abilities in particular, I see that I need to update my knowledge.

It's a BYOND site, huh? I have an account that I haven't accessed since my ninth grade, and logically I forgot my password. I will tell you of my experiences at the site, maybe even keep a little journal of observations here? Too much? Ok... xP

Heh, interesting. I liked that they did kinda have an underdog feel based solely around the fact they had a Swarm strategy which KoK Alfred and (to a degree) Soul Saver rely on. Though I think once Soul Saver came out, they lost the underdog feel and just became plain painful to face off against. That's part of why I think the restriction on Barkgal is a good thing. I also like them for the Arthurian shout-outs, in particular the new Galahad cards from Set 3.

Hm, I think I -like- the out-thereness of some of Vanguard's stuff. Some of Vanguard's Clans have pretty wacky bases as it is, we have pop idol mermaids (Bermuda Triangle), Victorian-themed Alice in Wonderland-featuring demons and creatures of the night (Dark Irregulars), a demon American football team (Spike Brothers), a frickin' circus (Pale Moon). Nova Grapplers are admittedly up there with the wackyness, but yeah. As for the lion, that's Lion Heat. It's a pretty decent Grade 3. I like most of Vanguard's card art, I only really find a few cards I don't like artwork-wise (Still Vampire for the Dark Irregulars is one and I'm not even sure why I don't like the art, I just don't).

Scarlet Witch Koko basically runs on you having as little Soul as possible, but she, Truth Watcher and Rack Bird are really the only OTT units to use that mechanic or support it. I was hoping they'd expand it with this set, but given that Tsukuyomi's Grade 3 form has the '6 or more OTT in Soul' clause, I think they might be dropping it, especially since there wasn't any more stuff like it in Misaki's Trial Deck.

Heh, maybe a little. I've told Scarlet you might be on sometime soon, so if he's on when you are, he should give you some pointers. But yeah, it is quite useful for playing Vanguard.
    [CENTER]

SO, I've been playing around that BYOND game storymasterb told me about, and I love it. Thank you for introducing me to it, dude.

After quite a few trials and errors, I've finally settled on a Hi-Dog deck. It starters out by using hi dogs, Akane and maybe even Gancelot to get blaster blade out, preferably with Llew's counterblast (which is incredibly easy to do with this deck) and with wingal rear guard. Then, I just wait for either Alfred, Soul Saver or even gancelot to come out.

Have I ever won a game? Nope. Im at about 7 losses and no wins. Do I care? NO! This deck is amazingly fun! I love Hi-Dogs, and regular dogs, so using hi dogs so soon and in a very practical way is a dream deck come true.

And no, I dont use Barcgal as a starting vanguard. Im pretty sure that's why Im loosing. I use Trumpeter (the only reason I even have one in the deck)

Heh, don't mention it. It is quite fun for experimenting with Decks and such.

Llew's Counterblast is gold for getting out Blade. It's the reason they had to restrict Barkgal, due to the Soul-boosting aspect of it, though. It made Soul Saver brutally easy to use once you got it. Though most people use Soul Saver as a game-ender, it's the strategy I've seen used most of all (and I've used it myself). That sounds like a fun Deck though.

That's good. Winning isn't everything, you should always try to have fun. Better to lose and enjoy yourself, than win and not enjoy yourself, I believe. And this is part of Vanguard's appeal to me, unlike certain other card games, it's entirely possible to use whatever cards you want to use. There are no real limits on what is playable and what isn't.

Have they imposed the Barkgal-restriction yet, out of interest? If they have, you're probably best waiting until Durangal comes out, and using that. If you do I'd advise using the Galahad series with it as well, since they combo quite nicely.

And, Today's Topic:

I'm planning to request some banners to advertise the club, and my plan is to have one banner for each of Vanguard's Clans. I'd like votes on which of three options for each Clan should be used on the banners.
    I'm just requesting banners for the four original Clans at first, and I'll expand to the others later. Here are the options:
    Royal Paladin: King of Knights, Alfred/Soul Saver Dragon/Blaster Blade
    Kagero: Dragonic Overlord/Vortex Dragon/Blazing Flare Dragon
    Oracle Think Tank: CEO Amaterasu/Goddess of the Full Moon, Tsukuyomi/Scarlet Witch Koko
    Nova Grapplers: Asura Kaiser/Deathmetal Droid/Lion Heat
    [CENTER]

I'm planning to request some banners to advertise the club, and my plan is to have one banner for each of Vanguard's Clans. I'd like votes on which of three options for each Clan should be used on the banners.

Not sure if I'm doing this right.

Royal paladin: Savior Soul Dragon
    Kagero: Blazing Flare Dragon
    Think Tank: CEO Amaterasu
    Nova Grapplers: Asura Kaiser
    Chapter 17 is up.

Heh, Griff, it's been a while.

Yeah, that's how I wanted it. I just wanted a vote on which Unit should be on the banner, since I had some options for each but wasn't sure which to go for. Particularly with Paladins (on the one hand Blade is the series mascot, on the other hand Alfred and Soul Saver look so freaking awesome...)

So in that case we have one vote each for Soul Saver, Blazing Flare, Amaterasu and Asura Kaiser.
    [CENTER]

Royal Paladin: Soul Saver Dragon. It's a must.
    Kagero: How about Alex, embodiment of victory? No? Then Draconic Overlord.
    Oracle Think Tank: Tsukyiomi, no doubt
    Nova Grappler: Lion Heat is the coolest, but my vote goes for Asura Kaiser.

Hm, I think we can say the Paladins are getting Soul Saver and Grapplers are getting Kaiser then. And it's one vote each for Overlord, Blazing Flare, Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi... I guess I'll have to tie-break then, since I'm the last option.

I think I'll go... Overlord for Kagero, and Amaterasu for OTT. I think Overlord is more iconic of Kagero and Amaterasu is more iconic of OTT, plus I'm going to make a compromise here. Okay. So it's Soul Saver for the Paladin banner, Dragonic Overlord for the Kagero banner, CEO Amaterasu for the Oracle Think Tank banner and Asura Kaiser for the Nova Grappler banner.
    [CENTER]

So, I've been using that site. Since Ive started, I found a few friends and joined a team, Team Cray! They even helped me fledh out a new deck. It removed a lot of my hi dogs, but it was great. however, today they BYOND game updated new cards.

In this update, Gallahad was included.

Meaning, i made a new deck. One that focuses on putting cards on the soul, and includes Margal (draw trigger which can put itself in teh soul to boost a royal paladin by 3000), Lohengrin (which soul charges itself and has a SoulBlast 8, COunterblast 5 which wipes away all of the rear guards should his attack hit), the Galahads, Bowgal (a grade 1 which goes from 6000 to 9000 as long as tehre are over 6 Paladins in teh soul), and a lot others!

I made this new deck from scaratch, so needless to say Im fired up and going to put it into practice right now! Wish me luck =D

So, I love this deck.

My Team partner helped me test it, I lost against him but made a 25 k attack with 2 crit with grade 3 Galahad, before pulling twin drive.

And I just won a game with an unboosted galahad attacking with 18 k and 3 CRITICALS!
    Last edited by niedude; 7th August 2011 at 6:11 PM.

Heh, that sounds good. I pity you, though, I'm also planning to join a team. Name undecided, but it'll probably be me, CedarMill and this other guy. Ought to be awesome.

Heh, Galahad hasn't really worked for me. It's a pity, since he was one of the things I was really psyched about for Set 3... I just really like the Evolution Ride mechanic (as I've dubbed it) and Galahad is probably my favorite Arthurian knight. I built a Deck like that one to try Galahad... one win out of five games, so yeah. Somewhat better than my Dark Irregulars track record, Irregulars hit like trucks but are really bad defenders, honestly.

Heh, Galahad is pretty neat when he works, I've found that out. Right now I'm using the other Evolution Ride line, Tsukuyomi, and an OTT Deck. I find that the hand advantage OTT generates now is... insane. Honestly. I can pretty much guard like crazy with the Deck now due to the sheer draw power OTT have gotten. A few edits here and there for it, I think, but it is just amazingly good right now. In fact, in honor of my new Deck, I'm changing my Vanguard from Soul Saver Dragon to Goddess of the Full Moon, Tsukuyomi.

I'll keep an eye out for you, since I've got on there now. My username's Digidramon.

EDIT: Oh, new topic:

Which is your favorite Clan in Vanguard, and why?
    Hm, right now for me it's probably Oracle Think Tank. I really like the ability to generate a lot of hand advantage via draws they have, and their interesting mixture of mythological themes, from Japanese mythology, to Greco-Roman and even some elements of Christianity/Islam/Judaism. They also have some of the more intriguingly useful Units in the game, such as Silent Tom with the ability to prevent the opponent from guarding his attacks with Grade 0s, which causes the need to expend more Units to guard the same attack, and their boss monster from Set 1, CEO Amaterasu, with her ability to check the top card of your Deck and either leave it where it is, or send it to the bottom of the Deck to be replaced with a possibly more useful card, and the Soul Blast ability of letting her owner draw five cards. Her possibly most useful skill is the 4000-Power bonus she gains whenever you have four cards in your hand in your turn, though.

From their Trial Deck OTT got Goddess of Flower Divination, Sakuya, very useful for recycling effects which activate on the calling of a Unit to the field, or just increasing your ability to guard. And from Set 3, we get the Tsukuyomi series, culminating in Goddess of the Full Moon, Tsukuyomi, the current strongest base Power OTT Unit at 11000 Power, and with a Counterblast 2 ability which, while needing six or more OTT in your Soul to activate, lets you draw two cards, then send one card from your hand to the Soul, which increases hand advantage and can dispose of a useless Unit to help build up to CEO Amaterasu's Soul Blast if necessary.
    Last edited by storymasterb; 8th August 2011 at 6:29 PM.
    [CENTER]

So you're Digidramon? I've seen you there a couple of times, and thought it was you, but someone always chalenged me, or smth, and I never made contact, butoh well.

OTT has assured its spot as my second favourite clan, too. It is the one I have most trouble with, specifically because of their insane ability to guard. If Vanguard didn't have a limit of 50 cards per deck, you could stuff an OTT deck with 30 10000 shield grade 0s and be sure to win, especially since with the draw skills, which nearly every other OTT unit have, you wouldn't be waiting for higher grades to ride.

My Galahad has been working insanely well, but I have been cheating unknowingly. I read the effect of Knight of Trials wrong. It says that when you ride onto that with Knight of Godspeed, you can soulcharge two, but I have been soulcharging two when I ride Trials over over Knight of Quests. =S

But with GIro and Margal, I have no lack of Soul, so it didnt make that big of a difference. I hope.

That's my problem with virtual cardgames, I always screw up. Theres something about not having the actual cards there that make me zoom out and not pay attention. I tell you tahts cost me more than a few cardfights. Hundreds if you count the virtual Yu Gi Oh games I tend to play.

Which is your favorite Clan in Vanguard, and why?

No brainer, Royal Paladin. I love their overall design, the abundance of the color blue, and the fact that they combine both bagic, with royal soldiers and themes, with DOGS (even mechanical dogs too, which is even better).

They are also versatile. Not as much as, say, OTT (which can do all kinds of strategies, like fill up the soul, have as little as possible in the soul, or just draw, draw, draw and guess where you'll get triggers), but definitely more than Kagero.

And they have the coolest Grade 3s ever. Only Kagero and OTT come close.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast