Okay I have a theory. Unless there is proof in the manga that explicitly says otherwise, there has to be a reason why Dialga and Palkia are hostile towards Giratina and vice-versa. I think what is possible is that in ancient times, the trio fought each other so much and started twisting the world with space-time distorting and anti-matter getting out of hand threatening to throw off the balance between the real world and the Distortion World (remember how there was the space-time distortion in Spear Pillar due to Dialga and Palkia fighting) that Arceus had no choice but to send the trio into a state of non-existence. So they were in Limbo, I guess. How space, time and antimatter managed to exist without them, I have no idea. But the fact that the world managed to maintain those three elements without the trio is actually a fact so there has to be an explanation. And so the trio's recreation was just Arceus bringing them back from Limbo. And there they resume their fight.
And can someone please answer my question? I know it's hinted that Red's Snor and Emerald's Snorlax produced an egg that became Dia's Munchlax but for the other three couples at the end of the Emerald chapter, was it hinted that they produced eggs as well? Is it possible that the Mime Jr. belonging to one of the TRET might be the offspring of the two Mr. Mime? I highly doubt that the Mantyke baby was released into the wild but we only saw one Mantyke in Pokemon Adventures which was a wild one. And did we ever see a Bonsly in Pokemon Adventures?
Last edited by Macromind101; 2nd February 2013 at 12:32 AM.
Dialga and Palkia were the ones who banished Giratina into the Distortion World in the past. There was no mentioning of Arceus being involved in its banishment.
Several things we know for sure are that:
1) Long ago (probably around the beginning), Dialga and Palkia banished Giratina into the Distortion World after it caused havoc in the real world
2) The Distortion World existed since then or even before that
3) The Giratina created at the Mystri Stage went back into the Distortion World after the events of HGSS
4) There seemed to be one single Giratina present in the Distortion World during the DPPt events
One may suggest that the original Giratina, after being in the Distortion World for some time, transcended into some other realm (if the word 'die' must be avoided), and ceased to exist in the world (both real and Distortion) we know of. During the HGSS events, Arceus brought Giratina into existence again, 'awakening' it from its transcended state, and it once again returned into the Distortion World. If this theory holds true, some years (maybe thousands or millions) later, the current Giratina will transcend / die again, and must be 'recreated' by Arceus. Otherwise, it will stay as a creature in myths, who don't really exist in any known realms anymore. The same should apply to Dialga and Palkia if this is true.
Of course, you can say that this current Giratina is new, and the original one remained in the realm it transcended to. Then again, Giratina is supposed to represent the Distortion World. If it's already gone to some other 'higher' realm, it's basically dead as it shares no link with any dimension we know of anymore, unless it serves another purpose in some other realm.
And to answer the egg question, there were no hints on other eggs, just the Munchlax one.
Still, the Distortion World is amorphous enough for multiples to exist there, or even for the same to exist in many points at once. Or am I thinking of gameverse plus experimental physics and not Special? That whole "time doesn't flow, space doesn't expand" thing...is that still so in Special?
The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated Sept 18th, 2015)
It's got its own TV Tropes page!
Check out some of my other fics!
Answering Machine, winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!
Heart Like A Stone, winner of Most Heartbreaking Fic and 3rd place Best Canon Character-Centric 2014!
In other words, I wouldn't put it past the writers to depict a world with multi-Distortion Worlds. Then again, these writers we are talking about seem to favour legend-singularity.
I still hold on to my theory that Arceus banished the trio into a state of non-existence. If the legendaries "retained" their memories, then they are obviously the same ones that existed in the beginning of time. If Dialga and Palkia banished Giratina into the Distortion World, then who says that it can't reach out and attack them from another realm? (Didn't that actually happen at the end of the DP chapter?) There has to be a way that the trio actually got wiped out from existence that made it necessary for Arceus to resurrect them. I kinda find it hard to believe that they just "died". When was the last time a legendary Pokemon died in the manga? I would think that legends are immortal since Arceus existed since the creation of the world, Mew lived long enough to be the origin of all non-legendary, non-man-made Pokemon's bloodlines, etc. Unless, I guess it's possible that the three managed to kill each other and Arceus just brought them back to life. I guess that's another possible scenario.
That's why it grabbed them, so that once they came to their senses, they wouldn't be able to keep it stuck there.
Oh and one more thing, Coronis. When Palmer said he was moving his facility to Sinnoh, was that indicating that the Battle Frontier was originally in Johto like in the games? So the whole facility was moving to Sinnoh? That would make sense if Kusaka was trying to showcase the Generation IV Battle Frontier in both Sinnoh and Johto. Does that make it possible that the Battle Tower that was in construction in the GSC chapter eventually became Palmer's facility in Johto? I wouldn't be surprised since that was sort of the case in the games.
All we know is that during HGSS, Palmer is a Frontier Brain at the Battle Frontier of Johto. If the manga sticked to the games, then yes, the tower which was under construction in GSC was likely the Battle Tower that Palmer was heading. He did not mention any of the other Brains (but since he did not simply refer to the Battle Tower, I assume there is more than just the Battle Tower at that location. He mentioned about returning Regigigas to Snowpoint, but did not specifically said he would be moving back to Sinnoh himself actually, so the Sinnoh Frontier could have 'moved' back from Johto anytime from end of HGSS to Platinum.
The only change in the BW chapters was the extra N scene at the end of the Hiker Andy chapter.
I did not find the reason why Giratina can open the passage itself later.
But I noticed volume 39 later mentioned Giratina is the "only" being in the Distortion World, so......
Reading over Coronis' summary, I can't say I'm anything but disappointed by the ending of HGSS. I didn't expect too much anyway, but everything seems to have been resolved in some big convuleted mess just for the sake of having a pointless "plot twist" thrown in at the end of things. Not unlike the ending of the original GSC story arc.
Here are certain replies to the six-page discussion, complete with quote tags that will probably be messed up:
2) Why does Lance know this? Oh wait, magical Viridian Forest powers, I forgot. Someone still needs to explain to me why the Virdian Forest of all places has these magical powers to give out to these "special" children. Still, Arceus is the god of Pokemon. Apparently the Viridian Forest allows you to read the minds of gods. Seems kinda troubling imo.
4) I knew the logic behind Pryce's return would be dumb, so I'm not even gonna ***** about this. Still, better than the jack-all "explanation" of Giovanni being there. "Oh, I'm just conveniently out on a stroll." Literally hilarious.
7) Everyone else is just conveniently around with no explanation, so Gold's Pichu shouldn't be any different I guess.
8) So Silver's gonna be all buddy-buddy with Pryce now? Good to know that childhood trauma can be solved with a slap on the wrist. Let's be buddies now!
11) Kinda funny, I'll never know the decision behind making the Director such an "important" character but I can totes see Silver being addicted to the show.
13) I actually like this. I don't know much sense it makes in the grand scheme of things, but at least we have some kind of consistency going on now with the Gen IV timeline. Poor Mewtwo indeed, he just completely disappeared with no explanation the second he stopped being useful to the plot.
Me too, it feels like it was more trouble than it was worth to be honest.
Like I said, everything gets solved with the slap on the wrist in PokeSpecial world. Giovanni is a moron to say the least, but then again he's a moron in the games as well so at least there's consistency.
Yeah, I can't really remember all the "plot points" either, so maybe all of this does make some kind of sense...somehow. As I said at the beginning, I feel like everything was made overly convulated to make something "epic," but it failed majorly. Kinda like how the original GSC arc ended.
Well to be honest with you, if this whole episode reflects even more poorly on Emerald I'd be kinda pleased by that, lmfao.
I'm just kinda more bugged by the fact that Lance can apparently read the mind of a GOD. Arceus' role was so diminished here, Celebi pretty much stole his thunder.
THIS. You already ruined Pryce's character years ago, manga, don't think you can go and fix things so easily!
I don't even remember who the Team Rocket Generals are, the HGSS admins right? I can't remember what they were there for so I can't even be annoyed by this.
Lol @ 'if Giovanni is still a cold-hearted criminal, why does he not shoot Silver?' That made me laugh.
Yellow's the fourth most popular character? Ew, she's not even a very good character. Mary Sue of epic proportions. Red could've appeared because he's always welcome, but Blue and Green could be killed off in a random fiery explosion for all I care. I've never really cared for those two characters.
Pretty much all of this, as said if this all reflects poorly on Emerald? I'm all for that.
I just skipped over most of the other posts but it was kinda funny to me how so many people are on the pro-team for letting Pryce get away with his crimes and to forgive and forget "because it happened long ago." Seriously some kind of warped logic there, but what the hell it's a manga. Can't really expect too much real-life logic when it comes to this.
If I sound like an idiot in most of this post I apologize, I can't really bring myself to care/remember most of the crap that's happened previously in this chapter. I am glad to see that many people besides me were put off by this sloppy ending, though.
If I remember well, I've read Digimon World Data Squad implies this happens with the species of some Digimon groups such as Mercurymon from the Olympus Twelve, and I think the person who pointed that out compared it to the Sin of Final Fantasy X.
For the rest of your post, how is the ending sloppy? It tied up loose ends pretty well imo. And as for me, all my hopes for the HGSS chapter was fulfilled. Well, there's still Sird running around but this chapter being a prequel makes up for it.
Last edited by Macromind101; 3rd February 2013 at 6:46 PM.
1. Four Generals still use the past serialized pic in the description of characters like before volumes.
2. In serialized, when Black scream his dream, only Cheren had not shocked. But in the volume, Bianca also had not shocked, only Professor Juniper had shocked.
3. Until HGSS, the subtitle are used braille, and BW use ordinary word as subtitle. The first round in Japanese subtitle is "The Eve (前夜)", this is very different with the U.S. and French version title.
And the other three subtitles are "Begin A Trip" (旅立), "Recollection" (追憶), "The First Battle" (初戦).
4. In Japanese volumes, it has been a misspelt word "The Nineth Chapter". And in Black's team column, "Data" misspelled "Date".
5. In the team column, Braviary's level is displayed Lv. 54, Munna is Lv. 30 → 31 (in different rounds), and Tepig is Lv. 8 → 15.
6. The Goldenrod Radio Tower director named ヒロオ Hiroo.
Last edited by e9310103838; 9th February 2013 at 3:03 PM.
Last edited by lolipiece; 9th February 2013 at 3:49 PM.