Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Adventures volume 43

Pic time. There are a lot of new materials so I just selected a few important scenes.

1) Ken, Al and Harry at the Ilex Forest
    2) Pryce barely fazed by Dialga's Roar of Time
    3) Lance taking on Palkia, who bent Dragonite's Hyper Beam, But, it still hit!
    4) Forgot to mention that Archer actually went psycho. He said Giovanni did not meet his expectation as a leader, and thus decided to try capturing Arceus himself. Of course, that's what happens.
    5) Flashback on how Giovanni and Pryce met
    6) Giovanni suffering from his illness, and nearly floored by Giratina, but Silver to the rescue!
    7) Spikey eared Pichu
    8) The female Rocket Grunts at Ilex whom I have no idea what they're based on. Maybe distorted versions of the Generals?
    9) After returning to the Ruins of Alph, the DPPt trio leaving
    10) Giovanni and Silver's 'goodbye'
    11) Palmer and Cynthia
    12) Backcover. Note the Pokeball in the text box. Art is quite nice and it actually reminds me of the French BW volume designs

And to answer the questions.

- That would put Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald at 15/16 at DP.
    - Yes, it did imply that the DPPt trio 'died' at some point, unless by creation, the were just 'dragged' out from their dimensions, though I doubt it because Lance referred to them as 'newly borns'. That creates some ill logic in the sense that if HGSS never happened, Cyrus would have nothing to drag out with the Red Chains in DP. There would be no Giratina in the Distortion World either. I still haven't really digested the so called 'retaining ancient memory' thing. In this sense, they were simply 'resurrected'.
    - Pryce simply said he saw how legendaries 'came to this world' in a word bubble, no images to complement that
    - Yes, all Gen I to Gen IV attacks have been showcased, and all 493 Pokemon as well. I have updated the statistics sticky at the top of the manga forum
    - Dia's Munchlax definitely hatched from an egg (which was said by the writers in the Q&A section on the official site), but the correlation to the Snorlaxes was not clear
    - Oh, and one funny comment from Gold to Pich 'Oh, you brought back a girl?' --> since Spikey eared Pichu is female.

May I also say that the writers are almost making Celebi the solution and link to nearly every big legendary clash now. It was involved in the Ho-oh and Lugia plot. It stopped Kyogre and Groudon. It stopped Dialga/Palkia/Giratina too. Guess being able to travel freely through time makes it the 'guardian' of everything, forseeing everything and trying to stop them... Luckily Reshiram and Zekrom's battle are unlikely world-threatening, but then maybe Kyurem will freeze the entire world? I don't know.

P.S. Indeed, that would confuse the Pokedex versions because this suggests that the DP dex comes after the HGSS dex. But then we've seen Arceus's Dex data from the HGSS Dex. Kinda makes Rowan's work on the new Dex in Sinnoh pointless.

Coronis~
    Last edited by Coronis; 25th January 2013 at 5:18 PM.

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

Lol at Archer. That just made my day, really it did the more I see Giratina in Pokemon Adventures, the more I want to learn about it and how it feels now after the Platinum arc. Ugh, we'll probably never know because even if we get a gen 4 remake arc years from now, it might not show up. Ho-oh and Lugia didn't show up for HGSS after all. But at least they made sense. With Team Rocket now back under Giovanni, it means they are back. I wonder how we will get updates? Or is it one of those never ending storyline things?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post

- Yes, it did imply that the DPPt trio 'died' at some point, unless by creation, the were just 'dragged' out from their dimensions, though I doubt it because Lance referred to them as 'newly borns'. That creates some ill logic in the sense that if HGSS never happened, Cyrus would have nothing to drag out with the Red Chains in DP. There would be no Giratina in the Distortion World either. I still haven't really digested the so called 'retaining ancient memory' thing. In this sense, they were simply 'resurrected'.
    - Pryce simply said he saw how legendaries 'came to this world' in a word bubble, no images to complement that
    - Yes, all Gen I to Gen IV attacks have been showcased, and all 493 Pokemon as well. I have updated the statistics sticky at the top of the manga forum
    - Dia's Munchlax definitely hatched from an egg (which was said by the writers in the Q&A section on the official site), but the correlation to the Snorlaxes was not clear
    - Oh, and one funny comment from Gold to Pich 'Oh, you brought back a girl?' --> since Spikey eared Pichu is female.

May I also say that the writers are almost making Celebi the solution and link to nearly every big legendary clash now. It was involved in the Ho-oh and Lugia plot. It stopped Kyogre and Groudon. It stopped Dialga/Palkia/Giratina too. Guess being able to travel freely through time makes it the 'guardian' of everything, forseeing everything and trying to stop them... Luckily Reshiram and Zekrom's battle are unlikely world-threatening, but then maybe Kyurem will freeze the entire world? I don't know.

P.S. Indeed, that would confuse the Pokedex versions because this suggests that the DP dex comes after the HGSS dex. But then we've seen Arceus's Dex data from the HGSS Dex. Kinda makes Rowan's work on the new Dex in Sinnoh pointless.
    So, there's some timeskip! What I can grasp is that the DPPt trio is the same from the D/P/Pt saga, but before the whole thing with the Ginga Dan.

About Rowan, he could be working with Oak/Elm by the gap between HGSS and DPPT, focusing into the first steps to the Sinnoh dex, right? If we consider that, it make sense Rowan give some info about the Sinnoh pokemon, since some of them just happen to be owned by some characters in the HGSS arc. But, these are my two cents.

Anyway, I'd like to know what's the deal with the Crys/Gold comedy act. Of course it's for fun, but, is that again about someone (Gold in this case) commenting about Crys' outfit?
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Basically any interesting idea you have when speculating about new regions invariably ends with:
    - Ash showing up in a new region with Pikachu without a clue how to do anything besides battling and breathing;
    - He accidentally runs into the new new girl who will be the main companion;
    - He meets a creepy older gentleman* who will follow him around and do the things Ash apparently is either not smart enough to do, or expects that someone will it for him.

*Averted. Now, we have a gadget maniac and his hyper-active lil' sis.
    Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380

Okay, so Proton and Ariana get happy endings for being loyal to Giovanni throughout. What became of Petrel? And what happened to Archer? Did Arceus make him disappear like in the magazines or is he in mental institution? I'm on my phone so I can't see the images clearly.

Wow. What an info dump.

I've been hoping for the Saque plot to end with HGSS, but I guess it makes sense to hold it out for the fifth gen. After all, that's when Mewtwo got his signature attack.
    Where'd I put my mallet?

Great summary. I loved the bit about Giovanni trying to find Celebi to heal his wounds, and I also loved the explanation of what happened to Pryce after he got trapped in time at the end of GSC. I was actually surprised to learn that this chapter happened before DPPt, but I'm overly glad that all or most of the loose ends have been tied up at this point.

Pic time. There are a lot of new materials so I just selected a few important scenes.

1) Ken, Al and Harry at the Ilex Forest
    2) Pryce barely fazed by Dialga's Roar of Time
    3) Lance taking on Palkia, who bent Dragonite's Hyper Beam, But, it still hit!
    4) Forgot to mention that Archer actually went psycho. He said Giovanni did not meet his expectation as a leader, and thus decided to try capturing Arceus himself. Of course, that's what happens.
    5) Flashback on how Giovanni and Pryce met
    6) Giovanni suffering from his illness, and nearly floored by Giratina, but Silver to the rescue!
    7) Spikey eared Pichu
    8) The female Rocket Grunts at Ilex whom I have no idea what they're based on. Maybe distorted versions of the Generals?
    9) After returning to the Ruins of Alph, the DPPt trio leaving
    10) Giovanni and Silver's 'goodbye'
    11) Palmer and Cynthia
    12) Backcover. Note the Pokeball in the text box. Art is quite nice and it actually reminds me of the French BW volume designs

Coronis~
    Thanks for the pics Coronis, so in the end those team Rocket admins ended up as minor villains and Archer was to high to function properly. He looked so funny and ridiculous in that picture that it made me wonder how it's possible for him to give the Jotho trio a hard time in beating him.

That whole resurrecting the DPPt trio makes no sense, since the Pokedex stated that with every breath Palkia takes space becomes more stable and that time flows with every heartbeat of Dialga. How was it possible for time to flow if Dialga was death? Isn't time supposed to be frozen is Dialga ceases to exist? If Giratina was imprisoned in the distortion world how did it die? from loneliness?

I feel like pretending that the whole HGSS fiasco never happened.

Alright, picked up Vol. 43, and I must say while it gave a more fulfilling end to HGSS, it introduced quite a lot of potential problems in the series with respect to the timeline and the issue of existence.

1) The Dialga, Palkia and Giratina created here at the Mystri Stage are the same ones that appeared in the DPPt series. Pryce explained that Dialga and Palkia are already hostile towards Giratina because they retained their 'memories' from the ancient past. This suggests that this trio were not exactly created from scratch, but more like they existed in the past during the creation of the world, vanished/disappeared/died-off somehow, and Arceus is just bringing them back to life, 'resurrecting' them from their ancient selves as spoken in the myths.
    How exactly does this work exactly? I haven't been following it too closely, but do they disappear in DPPt to only show up again?

2) Lance explained that Arceus actually wasn't really forced by Archer to do anything. Rather, it followed its own will all along. When it descended from its realm, it carried the conflicting attitude of eliminating humans, yet keeping a small hope for humans as well. It created the DPPt trio to start destroying the world.
    I love you all, so much that I feel the need to unleash time space and the universe upon your sorry asses to see if you really deserve it. Great logic there Arceus, you really thought that one out! Seriously though, that sounds pretty awesome. Good to see a plot that doesn't evolve a Pokemon that bends to anyone's will and does stuff for its own personal gain. Even if it ends up destroying the world.
    3) Pryce explained that the Sinjoh ruins do not really exist in the real world. Rather, it exists in an alternate dimension that links Sinnoh and Johto (which is why it appeared mapless on the Pokegear, I guess you can think of it like the Hall of Origin at the Spear Pillar). When Pryce fell into the voids of time, due to Celebi's will, he saw many things, including how legendaries were born, back during the time when Pokeballs do not exist. He also saw the future, saw how Celebi voluntary joined a trainer to prevent destruction (aka Ruby and the RS series), and saw the eventual total destruction of both Johto and Sinnoh due to the DPPt trio wrecking havoc at the Sinjoh Ruins (it is said that since this place links up both regions, its destruction will lead to the complete destruction of these 2 regions too). That is the reason Celebi brought Pryce back, to stop the DPPt trio.
    While it may not ever happen in the games, this is going to become one hell of a retconable mess if the middle region ever does get revealed. Otherwise, that's a pretty good explanation as to where it is in terms of not carrot dangling a carrot that's not really there, or ever was. Pryce being brought back by Celebi is a bit weird though, and its kind of annyoing that Celebi has become the all mighty fixer of time. Your not doctor who, your a green fluffball that can time travel, stop fixing things.

4) When Pryce was still in the voids of time, he called out for help and Lance happened to be the one who responded to him. Pryce told him all about the future and thus Lance sent his holograph message to Oak requesting help. Somehow, on the evening Pryce returned to the real world at the Ilex Forest, Giovanni was there, because he was seeking Celebi too to cure his illness (after having heard of the Pokeathlon tale about Celebi being the mythical Pokemon who could heal diseases). Giovanni was hostile towards Pryce at the beginning, actually attacking him so bad that he nearly killed him. But Lance appeared and convinced Giovanni to work with them to stop the crisis which would destroy the world first (which destruction will include Silver).
    Holy Plot Batman! I think this is the best bit to come out of this. Giovanni working together with the "good guys", apostrophe's are cause all 3 at one point were the bad guys, just so he can save his son is really sweet, and its a nice thing to see he has a compassionate side.
    5) Ken, Al and Harry are back again, under the direct command of Giovanni. They own a Mime Jr. and Skorupi (also the Hypno from the yellow series), this let Kusaka showcased some attacks that were not featured yet. Let's just say all attacks were successfully featured at the end. And Leafeon gets it cameo with Glaceon with the kimono girls during one of the last panels.
    Grrr. Wish leafeon and glaceon also got game cameos with the Kimono Girls.
    6) As expected, Pryce takes on Dialga, Lance takes on Palkia and Giovanni takes on Giratina (with Silver's Ursaring). Dragonite's freely mobile Hyper Beam became useful here because when Palkia warped its Hyper Beam away, it simply changed directions, came back and hit Palkia. Kinda clever if you ask me.
    Haha, that's awesome. Guess space doesn't work for no one, and does its own thing as well.
    10) Cynthia is seen when Dialga and Palkia flew off to Sinnoh (her Garchomp was still a Gabite). She meets Palmer (who was a Frontier Brain in Johto at that time), and Palmer reveals that he has captured Regigigas with the help of his old friend, Brandon's Regis. However, he realized that he doesn't have much use of it and thus decided to release it back at the Snowpoint Temple (explaining why it was already awake when Platinum was there).
    Haha, nice to see that the 2 frontiers have some interaction. Also cool to see why Gigas was already awake. Guess it makes sense?

11) It is revealed that Proteinman Omega was actually the creation of the Goldenrod Radio Director, basing his character on Red's Pokemon. Silver is somehow addicted to it.
    Having looked it up, I want a real world Proteamman Omega action figure. That things fuggin awesome.
    12) It is hinted that Dia's Munchlax may be hatched from the egg that was produced by Red and Emerald's Snorlaxes. Gold also mentioned that the Grampy and Granny from the Day Care will be moving to another region (guess that's how they ended up in Solaceon Town).
    Cute, very cute. Nice little continuity nod.

13) Finally, with all that said, HGSS happens before the DPPt series. There's no definite time indication, but it says that 'Time has passed and the stage has shifted', which indicated it may even be years. Long ago, when DP was first serialized in the magazines, it mentioned about Rowan returning to Sinnoh after 4 years of absence (alluding to his visit to Oak in Kanto/Johto for the Pokedexes). This was changed to 'some time' in the manga, but it seems that this 4 year time line between Emerald and DP may be true afterall. So Emerald -> 3 years -> HGSS -> 1 year -> DP? This puts Gold, Silver and Crys at 17, Red, Green, Blu at 20, Yellow at 18. And if the time lapse between BW and Platinum is a few years more, we do have adult Dex Holders by the time BW2 comes around. And for Saque, she's still on the run in that case (since Platinum is latest chapter that involves her, despite just a mention). And Mewtwo spent 4 years chasing after her not knowing that the Dex Holders have been restored? Poor Mewtwo.
    All my what's, the world's what's, and possibly even the universe'swhat's cannot and will not be enough for this. I mean sure in-game its likely that HGSS happens first, at least the pre-league, but the manga actually doing that? DAMN! At least its done in a clean way, and not a complete and utter trainwreck. One thing that can be said is that this definitely means that from here on out, it is very likely we never see the older protag's again, or at least not in way's we might not expect. I mean seriously, by BW2 they would easily be in their mid 20s, and the DPPt ones at 18. Only way I can see it happening is if the game's somehow also do a major time leap, and reveal that BW/BW2/XY all take place in some far off future of sorts. I mean it. I just don't see the manga in the future doing such a move and introducing us to adult protags, even if they are just based off of them.
    BLAH

....REALLY, Kusaka?!

Okay, I'm 50% confused and 50% disappointed.

Let me try to figure this mess out for myself...

Pryce explained that the Sinjoh ruins do not really exist in the real world. Rather, it exists in an alternate dimension that links Sinnoh and Johto (which is why it appeared mapless on the Pokegear, I guess you can think of it like the Hall of Origin at the Spear Pillar).
    So, in PokeSpe, Sinnoh and Johto are not geographically close to one another and are just simply linked by this inter-dimensional crap? Or are they still close to each other and this dimensional area is there anyways?

While everyone was fighting at the Sinjoh Ruins, Celebi is actually finding the herbs and meds to cure Giovanni with the help of Gold's Pichu (don't ask me how, maybe through Oak?). Spikey-eared Pichu appears as a wild Pokemon, became Pich's friend and the two work together. Ken, Al and Harry are protecting them, but then a group of TR Grunts working under the Four Generals thought that Ken and co. are disobeying the Generals, and thus attacked them. The two Pichus fried them with their electric attacks.
    ... *facepalm* Pich really did nothing outside of become a catalyst for the appearance of the movie-promoting rodent. Cerebi could have retrieved the herbs to heal Giovanni off-screen and it wouldn't have made any substantial difference to the plot.

He offers to let Silver join, but Silver decides to continue to mission to disband Team Rocket with his own hands. Giovanni accepts this, and wants him to become stronger under Lance and Pryce, his two former teachers, and come back to challenge him some day
    "Silver, I want you to study under the supervision of the guy that kidnapped you and a bunch of other kids!"
    ...Smooth one, Giovanni.

Pryce being brought back by Celebi is a bit weird though, and its kind of annyoing that Celebi has become the all mighty fixer of time. Your not doctor who, your a green fluffball that can time travel, stop fixing things.
    THIS. I think I can make an accurate guess on what Kusaka's favorite legendary is.

In regards to the timeline, it shows that absolutely anything is possible. This also leaves a three-year gap in the timeline since nothing is known to take place between Emerald and HGSS.

I also formally withdraw my theory that the next Dexholder reunion will be in BW2. It would be awkward as hell and probably wouldn't work out anyways. Unless, against all odds, they release some more remakes I cannot see any previous Dexholders from Gen I-IV appearing (outside of a remark in passing or even a brief cameo).

I think DreamingFlower best summarizes how I feel about the HGSS arc:

I feel like pretending that the whole HGSS fiasco never happened.
    I know I'm getting a lot of my facts wrong in this post, but I really couldn't give a flying **** at this point. In my opinion, the art was good but the writing wasn't. I know Kusaka can do better than this.
    Human beings are not otters!

Well the HGSS chapter was never meant to be long anyways and compared to the magazine endings, this ending is one sent by the Pokemon gods. With the exception of Sird, all my hopes for Volume 43 has been satisfied (and considering HGSS is a prequel, I guess it does make sense for Sird to not appear, if it wasn't a prequel then right now I'd be pissed). Spiky-eared Pichu finally did appear along with Gold's Pich serving as the Pikachu-colored Pichu (and if you think about it, Pich's egg could have served as the Odd Egg from Crystal which has a high chance of holding a shiny Pokemon so going back in time this is expected). And I was correct in saying that at the end of the Emerald chapter, Emerald's Pokemon that are evolutions of Sinnoh baby Pokemon pairing with other Dexholder's Pokemon of the same species will have something come out of it. Although not confirmed, being possible that Dia's Munchlax may be the offspring of Red and Emerald's Snorlax is enough to satisfy my thirst. Also, although I never mentioned it on this forum (I mentioned it on another forum two years ago) I'm glad that my prediction (and wish) of the Sinnoh Battle Frontier also being Johto's Battle Frontier came true. I wouldn't have written the ending any other way (and so there goes all the fanfic of alternative HGSS endings I wrote out of rage when the magazines ended the HGSS chapter as it did two years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    ....REALLY, Kusaka?!So, in PokeSpe, Sinnoh and Johto are not geographically close to one another and are just simply linked by this inter-dimensional crap? Or are they still close to each other and this dimensional area is there anyways?
    Although I'm not 100% sure what you mean by that, I'm pretty sure Sinnoh and Johto are in the same dimension. I'm pretty sure Palmer, Cynthia, Rowan and the Day Care couple aren't dimension travelers (though I'm not sure about Sird) and if the two regions were in separate dimensions, then I seriously doubt the legends of Kanto and Hoenn Dexholders would be passed on to another dimension.
    Last edited by Macromind101; 26th January 2013 at 12:16 AM.

Although I'm not 100% sure what you mean by that, I'm pretty sure Sinnoh and Johto are in the same dimension. I'm pretty sure Palmer, Cynthia, Rowan and the Day Care couple aren't dimension travelers (though I'm not sure about Sird) and if the two regions were in separate dimensions, then I seriously doubt the legends of Kanto and Hoenn Dexholders would be passed on to another dimension.
    I know that they're in the same dimension, I was just under the assumption that Johto and Sinnoh were neighboring regions. I wonder if this dimensional baloney means that they're really far away, or if they're still bordering each other and have this in between them.
    Human beings are not otters!

I got lost when you were talking about the DPPt trio. How on earth did they even enter the Sinjoh ruins even though they didn't in the Platinum arc?

So when Pryce saw the future, he saw the DPPt trio dying in another timeline wrecking havoc in the Sinjoh Ruins? And I take the future doesn't exist anymore?
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 26th January 2013 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    I know that they're in the same dimension, I was just under the assumption that Johto and Sinnoh were neighboring regions. I wonder if this dimensional baloney means that they're really far away, or if they're still bordering each other and have this in between them.
    Oh okay. There already is a released Pokemon world map called Pokearth. Sinnoh and Johto are kinda far away (a bit overseas) but not as far as Unova is from the rest, which is like on the other side of the planet. And as for the Sinjoh Ruins being in another dimension, I think that's the case in the games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    I got lost when you were talking about the DPPt trio. How on earth did they even enter the Sinjoh ruins even though they didn't in the Platinum arc?

So when Pryce saw the future, he saw the DPPt trio dying in another timeline wrecking havoc in the Sinjoh Ruins? And I take the future doesn't exist anymore?
    To the first comment: Okay seriously? Did you even fully read Coronis's summaries before posting? HGSS takes place BEFORE the Platinum chapter. And Arceus summoned the trio to the Sinjoh Ruins.

To the second comment: The future that Pryce saw is a dimension where the Johto Dexholders didn't put a stop to Arceus and its raging so the world got destroyed. But since the Dexholders did stop the madness, which is what HGSS tells us, it allowed for the brighter future that DP and Platinum tells us to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    As you all know, new volume today.

I don't know much, but what I do know is that HGSS ends, BW begins.

Spoiler:- img:

2ch put up pics, but I have no context to them. Especially the last one...

Spoiler:- img:

Seriously, why is she in that outfit? Is that a fantasy? Petrel?
    Okay I've been dying to see what Yellow looks like at 17. I guess Petrel's disguise is good enough. She still looks like a twelve-year old, though. And I think I can see the boobs coming in, though not very much. And this pic of "Yellow" looks like she is about to kill someone (in a way, it really is). Wish there would have been a real figure of Yellow in present time. :/
    Last edited by Macromind101; 26th January 2013 at 1:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    And as for the Sinjoh Ruins being in another dimension, I think that's the case in the games as well.
    No, it isn't; the map indicates that the ruins are located north of Johto. Even though the player was teleported there from the Ruins of Alph, Cynthia and the Hiker got there by normal means. They also referenced the Ruins of Alph and Spear Pillar civilizations who had migrated to the region of the Sinjoh Ruins long ago.

To the second comment: The future that Pryce saw is a dimension where the Johto Dexholders didn't put a stop to Arceus and its raging so the world got destroyed. But since the Dexholders did stop the madness, which is what HGSS tells us, it allowed for the brighter future that DP and Platinum tells us to happen.
    Except the future in the DP and Platinum chapters wasn't all that bright. The Creation trio were still causing trouble due to being manipulated, which had probably been Team Galactic's plan since before the Emerald chapter. The problem is that they had no reliable way of knowing that Arceus would resurrect them...
    Last edited by Kein; 26th January 2013 at 1:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    No, it isn't; the map indicates that the ruins are located north of Johto. Even though the player was teleported there from the Ruins of Alph, Cynthia and the Hiker got there by normal means. They also referenced the Ruins of Alph and Spear Pillar civilizations who had migrated to the region of the Sinjoh Ruins long ago.

Except the future in the DP and Platinum chapters wasn't all that bright. The Creation trio were still causing trouble due to being manipulated, which had probably been Team Galactic's plan since before the Emerald chapter. The problem is that they had no reliable way of knowing that Arceus would resurrect them...
    Well everything still worked out. And a couple rounds of battling and temporary destruction with a few lost sanity is nothing compared to a world that was completely destroyed and no sign of life is to be found.

And can someone please answer my question (if anyone can)? What happened to Petrel and Archer? Was Petrel's fate sealed after being overpowered by Ursaring? And when Archer went cuckoo for cocoa puffs and cartwheeled towards Archer, what become of him? Disappeared? Or just simply blasted away?

So the HGSS arc takes place before the DP arc; interesting. And who knew Silver likes Proteam Omega.

I know this dimensional thingy is ridiculous but... I'm not really bugged by it. I guess it's because I'm use to seeing things like it in Pokemon.

Also, I have a feeling we won't see the region the Sinjoh ruins are in. But of course, I don't work for Nintendo.

This entire volume was a continuity nightmare.

The Dialga, Palkia and Giratina created here at the Mystri Stage are the same ones that appeared in the DPPt series. Pryce explained that Dialga and Palkia are already hostile towards Giratina because they retained their 'memories' from the ancient past. This suggests that this trio were not exactly created from scratch, but more like they existed in the past during the creation of the world, vanished/disappeared/died-off somehow, and Arceus is just bringing them back to life, 'resurrecting' them from their ancient selves as spoken in the myths.
    If Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina have been resurrected by Arceus, how have the forces of time, space, and anti-matter held themselves together? How did Team Galactic know that the time they tried to take control of Dialga and Palkia was right after they were brought back from the dead? What was Sird using Archie for? What was the point of the Emerald chapter?

Lance explained that Arceus actually wasn't really forced by Archer to do anything. Rather, it followed its own will all along. When it descended from its realm, it carried the conflicting attitude of eliminating humans, yet keeping a small hope for humans as well. It created the DPPt trio to start destroying the world.
    Why does Arceus want to destroy all humans? How did puny meatbags piss off a god? Why does it need the creation trio to destroy the world? Why are they beefed up to be more of a threat than they really are? What is the point of the Team Rocket Generals?

Pryce explained that the Sinjoh ruins do not really exist in the real world. Rather, it exists in an alternate dimension that links Sinnoh and Johto (which is why it appeared mapless on the Pokegear, I guess you can think of it like the Hall of Origin at the Spear Pillar). When Pryce fell into the voids of time, due to Celebi's will, he saw many things, including how legendaries were born, back during the time when Pokeballs do not exist. He also saw the future, saw how Celebi voluntary joined a trainer to prevent destruction (aka Ruby and the RS series), and saw the eventual total destruction of both Johto and Sinnoh due to the DPPt trio wrecking havoc at the Sinjoh Ruins (it is said that since this place links up both regions, its destruction will lead to the complete destruction of these 2 regions too). That is the reason Celebi brought Pryce back, to stop the DPPt trio.
    How are the Sinjoh Ruins connected to Johto and Sinnoh when it exist in an entirely separate pocket dimension? Why is Celebii beefed up to be like Doctor Who?

When Pryce was still in the voids of time, he called out for help and Lance happened to be the one who responded to him. Pryce told him all about the future and thus Lance sent his holograph message to Oak requesting help... Lance appeared and convinced Giovanni to work with them to stop the crisis which would destroy the world first (which destruction will include Silver).
    How did Lance rescue Pryce from the time stream? Why did he do it? Why are they so willing to believe Pryce when he is a well known liar and terrorist?

Ken, Al and Harry are back again, under the direct command of Giovanni.
    I have no problem with Ken, Al and Harry. Their presence was kind of pointless though and did nothing to drive the plot forward, so I can't praise it.

As expected, Pryce takes on Dialga, Lance takes on Palkia and Giovanni takes on Giratina (with Silver's Ursaring). Dragonite's freely mobile Hyper Beam became useful here because when Palkia warped its Hyper Beam away, it simply changed directions, came back and hit Palkia. Kinda clever if you ask me.
    Fight scene was clever and had good art work. However, with how much the story and plot have beefed up Arceus and the creation trio, it felt sort of quick and it seemed like it was too easy.

While everyone was fighting at the Sinjoh Ruins, Celebi is actually finding the herbs and meds to cure Giovanni with the help of Gold's Pichu (don't ask me how, maybe through Oak?). Spikey-eared Pichu appears as a wild Pokemon, became Pich's friend and the two work together.
    What is the point of the Pichus and Celebii? How does it drive the plot forward?

The evolution of Gold's Togepi occurred like in the magazines, and Arceus is finally calmed.
    How does one kid's Pokemon evolving change Arceus' mind? Why should he give up when he has plenty of evidence to justify his actions based on the Team Rocket Generals alone? What was the point of the Team Rocket Generals?

Giovanni (after revealing that although his aim was to find Silver, he couldn't deny some of his greed as TR's boss as well), decides to continue running Team Rocket.
    Why does Giovanni go back to running Team Rocket when it was stated in FRLG that he was only after Silver and it was implied that he wanted to leave the crime business to spend his last days with his son? What was the point of the FRLG chapter?

He offers to let Silver join, but Silver decides to continue to mission to disband Team Rocket with his own hands. Giovanni accepts this, and wants him to become stronger under Lance and Pryce, his two former teachers, and come back to challenge him some day.
    Why does Giovanni let him do this? Why would Giovanni want Silver to train under the man who kidnapped him? Why would he want Silver to challenge him sometime in the future anyway? If Giovanni is still a cold hearted criminal, why does he not shoot Silver? What was the point of the FRLG chapter?

Indeed, Lance was defeated by Petrel because he was temporarily fazed by him disguising as Yellow, the trainer who shared his hometown and his powers.
    How did the fourth most popular character not get a better cameo? Why were none of the first four Pokedex Holders called when the threat was supposed to be this big and Team Rocket was rumored to be involved? If this is their last chapter, why did the first four not appear? How does Petrel know that Lance is scared of Yellow? How does Petrel know Yellow? Why is Lance scared of her if she is the reason that he supposedly repented?

Cynthia is seen when Dialga and Palkia flew off to Sinnoh (her Garchomp was still a Gabite). She meets Palmer (who was a Frontier Brain in Johto at that time), and Palmer reveals that he has captured Regigigas with the help of his old friend, Brandon's Regis. However, he realized that he doesn't have much use of it and thus decided to release it back at the Snowpoint Temple (explaining why it was already awake when Platinum was there).
    Kusaka, if this was not a plot hole in the DPPt arc then why did you decide to make it one? Why did Palmer capture Regigias in the first place? Why are you trying to make it seem like this is important to the plot?

It is revealed that Proteinman Omega was actually the creation of the Goldenrod Radio Director, basing his character on Red's Pokemon. Silver is somehow addicted to it.
    Why is a man who works in radio writing and producing (what I am guessing is) a Super Sentai TV show? Why is it based on Red's Pokemon? Why does the Proteinman Omega Mechazord look like several vehicles together if this is the case? Why is Proteinman Omega not just a clever Super Sentai 0r Power Rangers (for those of us in the US) reference?

It is hinted that Dia's Munchlax may be hatched from the egg that was produced by Red and Emerald's Snorlaxes. Gold also mentioned that the Grampy and Granny from the Day Care will be moving to another region (guess that's how they ended up in Solaceon Town).
    This makes the entire arc seem like a flashback sequence at the end of the Platinum arc since the Daycare couple end that arc talking about Gold. Why did they give the egg to Dia? Why was this not mentioned earlier?

Finally, with all that said, HGSS happens before the DPPt series.
    What has Team Galactic been doing in all that time? Was Cyrus in the corner picking his nose and shooting spit wads at Jupiter for all that time? How come neither Sird nor Mewtwo have heard that the Seniors where released from the petrification in four years? Wasn't that on national television? What was the point of the Emerald chapter?

Poor Mewtwo.
    Why did the Pokedex Holders (Red and Yellow especially) not go looking for him? Why didn't they try to find Sird as well? What was the point of Mewtwo disappearing at the end of the FRLG chapter?

All this chapter did was make me question the point of the FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald chapters. Why did the first four Pokedex Holders have pathetic cameos? What is the point of the Team Rocket Generals if Arceus is fully co-operating with them and they are defeated in only a few panels? Why is the threat hyped up and then beaten very quickly? Why does the arc try to fill non-existent plot holes? Why is there no theme? Why did Kusaka try to make us sympathize with Giovanni if he was just going to make him into a mobster again? Why did Kusaka make this entire arc into a flashback if ****ing continuity was the only accomplishment in the end? WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THE PREVIOUS CHAPTERS?

THIS. IS. NOT. GOOD. STORYTELLING. Kusaka, you can do better.
    Last edited by Trutown; 26th January 2013 at 6:17 AM.

Just another thought about the timeline. For the Red Gyarados reference in DP (about how Dia and Pearl read it on the news when they were about 4), we've previously assumed that the Lake of Rage produced more than 1 Red Gyarados. But with the current timeline, it seems this Gyarados could have been the same one Silver captured. Dia and Pearl are 12 in DP, and they were about 4 (I'd say 4-5) when the Red Gyarados news popped up, so I guess that puts DP 8 (or 7) years after GS, which is 1-2 years after HGSS.

And to answer the Four Generals question, they all left with Giovanni at the end. Ariana and Proton already chose to follow him as soon as he appeared. Petrel tried to get away but got caught. Archer was knocked unconscious. Giovanni said he would give them their rightful punishment later.

Coronis~

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

Quote Originally Posted by Trutown View Post
    If Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina have been resurrected by Arceus, how have the forces of time, space, and anti-matter held themselves together? How did Team Galactic know that the time they tried to take control of Dialga and Palkia was right after they were brought back from the dead? What was Sird using Archie for? What was the point of the Emerald chapter?
    Who said that they needed to be alive for those to hold together? Do we know the circumstances of their death, or whatever happened to them? Sure, the Pokedex mentions them, but it doesn't mean it's 100% true.

Why does Arceus want to destroy all humans? How did puny meatbags piss off a god? Why does it need the creation trio to destroy the world? Why are they beefed up to be more of a threat than they really are? What is the point of the Team Rocket Generals?
    It was stated in volume 42 that Arceus used to live in harmony with humans, but that all changed one day. Does it matter how it happened? According to Coronis' summaries, they were pointless, but we didn't know that.

How are the Sinjoh Ruins connected to Johto and Sinnoh when it exist in an entirely separate pocket dimension? Why is Celebii beefed up to be like Doctor Who?
    It's not impossible for people to find entrances through other dimensions.

What is the point of the Pichus and Celebii? How does it drive the plot forward?
    Blame the Arceus movie and its stupid Spiky-Eared Pichu.

Why does Giovanni go back to running Team Rocket when it was stated in FRLG that he was only after Silver and it was implied that he wanted to leave the crime business to spend his last days with his son? What was the point of the FRLG chapter?
    Because it was already a plot hole. Really, all that crap he did in RGB was for Silver? Bull.

Why does Giovanni let him do this? Why would Giovanni want Silver to train under the man who kidnapped him? Why would he want Silver to challenge him sometime in the future anyway? If Giovanni is still a cold hearted criminal, why does he not shoot Silver? What was the point of the FRLG chapter?
    Because, last time I checked, he still loves his son. And who better to stop you than your own son?

How did the fourth most popular character not get a better cameo? Why were none of the first four Pokedex Holders called when the threat was supposed to be this big and Team Rocket was rumored to be involved? If this is their last chapter, why did the first four not appear? How does Petrel know that Lance is scared of Yellow? How does Petrel know Yellow? Why is Lance scared of her if she is the reason that he supposedly repented?
    Because this is HeartGold & SoulSilver. Johto. Joh-to. Not Kanto (although Silver is from Kanto).

Kusaka, if this was not a plot hole in the DPPt arc then why did you decide to make it one? Why did Palmer capture Regigias in the first place? Why are you trying to make it seem like this is important to the plot?
    To explain why it was awake when it shouldn't have been.

Why is a man who works in radio writing and producing (what I am guessing is) a Super Sentai TV show? Why is it based on Red's Pokemon? Why does the Proteinman Omega Mechazord look like several vehicles together if this is the case? Why is Proteinman Omega not just a clever Super Sentai 0r Power Rangers (for those of us in the US) reference?
    Because he can? Maybe he wants to get some other kind of work.

This makes the entire arc seem like a flashback sequence at the end of the Platinum arc since the Daycare couple end that arc talking about Gold. Why did they give the egg to Dia? Why was this not mentioned earlier?
    Because the Ranger manga said to give it to a Trainer from Sinnoh. Dia is a Trainer from Sinnoh. It's not like it's ever stated that he keeps it. We only see him raising it.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Because the Ranger manga said to give it to a Trainer from Sinnoh. Dia is a Trainer from Sinnoh. It's not like it's ever stated that he keeps it. We only see him raising it.
    I think he was talking about the Munchlax egg. Thought that can also be answered easily. If they met Dia while they were taking care of the Munchlax. They could decide to give ti to Dia, since that would be the best way for the Munchlax to grow.

Again I wonder if Team Rocket will get updates since they are back and did not break up. But since Team Rocket don't appear in any other games, I wonder how we'll get updates on Giovanni. Giovanni went from something of a Anti-Hero, Anti-Villian back to be a regular villian again. I would like to think that this isn't the last we'll see or hear of Team Rocket. So many questions I'm wondering now.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Again I wonder if Team Rocket will get updates since they are back and did not break up. But since Team Rocket don't appear in any other games, I wonder how we'll get updates on Giovanni. Giovanni went from something of a Anti-Hero, Anti-Villian back to be a regular villian again. I would like to think that this isn't the last we'll see or hear of Team Rocket. So many questions I'm wondering now.
    Giovanni might appear as a participant in the PWT. And I would like to think that this new Team Rocket won't commit serious crimes like before but rather go around causing mischief and annoying people (which probably isn't true, that's Carr's style not Giovanni's style). I seriously doubt that Team Rocket will appear in any future games so I doubt the new Team Rocket will either. But off-screen, if Giovanni starts to do some serious crimes again I'm sure Silver will be able to put a stop to them.

And wow, unconscious Petrel and Archer are taken away for punishment? Considering it's Giovanni, they'll be lucky if the punishment is simple death. I sure feel sorry for them. And wait, so since Ariana and Proton never betrayed Giovanni, they aren't in any trouble?

So i was thinking..since from here on there are only previously released rounds and not a lot of original content, the volume releases will be more often? Considering Kusaka has to work with the B2W2 chapter maybe there will be less time between releases.

Also the back cover layout would be something like this:

Vol. 44: Striaton Trio and possibly Lenora
    Vol 45: Burgh and Elesa
    Vol 46: Clay and Skyla
    Vol 47: Brycen and Iris
    Vol 48: Drayden and...Alder? ( Or if Lenora is not featured in the Vol. 44 back cover then Drayden could be paired up with Iris or Brycen)
    Vol 49: Alder..or Ghetsis and N

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Giovanni might appear as a participant in the PWT. And I would like to think that this new Team Rocket won't commit serious crimes like before but rather go around causing mischief and annoying people (which probably isn't true, that's Carr's style not Giovanni's style). I seriously doubt that Team Rocket will appear in any future games so I doubt the new Team Rocket will either. But off-screen, if Giovanni starts to do some serious crimes again I'm sure Silver will be able to put a stop to them.

And wow, unconscious Petrel and Archer are taken away for punishment? Considering it's Giovanni, they'll be lucky if the punishment is simple death. I sure feel sorry for them. And wait, so since Ariana and Proton never betrayed Giovanni, they aren't in any trouble?
    Team Rocket will most likely become the mafia. Giovanni is Italian.

Of course, that would be to interesting so I'm not putting a lot of faith in that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast