Thread: Tips for soft resetting shinys?

Default Tips for soft resetting shinys?

Hi!

I´m soft resetting for Turtwig in Pokémon Pearl, and wondering if there is any tips because this is taking like forever

You mean, like, shortcuts? There really aren't any, unless you feel like RNGing instead of SRing.

If you have game systems you can try a dual SR. Or try watching a movie, tv show etc. I find it easier to SR if I play a bit of CoD and SR in my killcam, during a host migration or in between matches.

Watch tv while you do it (just be sure to pay some attention to the game so you don't miss a shiny). Or watch videos on Youtube while your doing it. Live shiny videos might help to motivate you

Youtube| FS: Phanpy, Marowak + Diggersby 3DS Friend Code: 3540-0200-8196|Tumblr
    Soul Silver Badge Quest

TV? Yes. YouTube? No. YouTube requires interaction with your computer, distracting you from the game. I always have found that music helps, though.

And shiny videos wouldn't help me if I wasn't having any luck. I'd be, like, WHY CAN ONLY I NOT FIND ANY???

I think you would save time by breeding instead. Yes, you would have to get up to Solacean Town if you don't have a different game, but it will save you time in the long run. Also, you can take it a step further with the Masuda Method.
    3DS Friend Code: 4012-4489-0237

My Friend Safari: Ground with Sandshrew (Slot 1), Camerupt (Slot 2), and Diggersby (Slot 3).

NNID: garretslarrity

The most important thing you can do is have patience. It's hard and takes forever, but eventually you'll get that shiny you're looking for.

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!