Thread: The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Post The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Hey. Hi. Hello. I'm a huge Legend Of Zelda fan, and here's my fan-fic of Majora's Mask. I'm sorry if you don't know the games well, but if you do, then you should be pleased. Originally this was going to be a one-shot, but it's too long to be a one-shot. This will only have fifteen or so chapters. There won't be a Character Bios, or a Table of Contents. Here's my story.

PM List-
    VioiV

Here's a userbar for the fic: http://imageshack.us/a/img27/2872/mmff.png

This is my second fan-fic. I emphasize sound, and capitalize the word, "Time," to make it seem alive. Enjoy.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask

Link watched in horror as the moon fell, entirely unprepared for the end of his life. An evil, dark smile covered the front of the moon, along with two, bright red eyes. It appeared as if they were staring right at the ground; the ground that wouldn’t exist in a few minutes.

“Link!” Tatl screamed. Link could barely hear her over the shrieks below them, and the sound of the vibrating world. “Link do something!” she shouted. Skull Kid and Tael floated above Link, playing with The Ocarina of Time, and watched him. “Bring four people … One each from the swamp, mountain, sea, and valley.” Tael said.

Keep your mouth shut, stupid fairy! Skull Kid shouted.

He whacked Tael, but Tael recovered and flew back to Skull Kid’s side. “Hey! That’s my brother!” Tatl shouted.

Link realized that if he was going to do something, he would have to do it now. The moon was only a few hundred feet in the air above them.

The only power he currently had in his Deku form was his bubble. A whistle noise was suddenly present in the shaking air. It seemed that the quiet noise, for some reason, could be heard at any distance. Link aimed the bubble, and shot it at Skull Kid. It was close, but missed. It popped just next to Skull Kid, and made him drop the Ocarina of Time. He caught it before it fell too far.

He he he…

Skull Kid laughed. He wasn’t speaking though. The tone came out of the mask he wore.

You think that this toy would help you? Even if you did have it, you would be no match for me!

He turned his back to Link, and spread his hands and legs out. The moon gained a fiery cloak, and seemed to speed up.

Link shot another bubble, this time hitting Skull Kid directly in the back. He dropped the ocarina. He flinched, and then tried to grasp the instrument as it fell.

Link moved quickly. His steps were lighter as he ran across the roof of the Clock Tower in his Deku form. Diving beneath the Ocarina of Time before it fell, he held it in his hands.

“Link, do something! Summon a goddess! The goddess of Time- anyone!” Tatl reminded him.

“Right!” Link shouted. He put his mouth to the Ocarina, but it suddenly turned into a tuba, a common instrument of the Deku Shrubs. A beautiful music came out of it, as Link played the Song of Time.

Nothing happened. The moon, now cracking the Clock Tower’s roof, sat still, the flames surrounding it no longer moving.

Keep your mouth shut, stupid fairy! Skull Kid repeated.

“What’s happening!?” Tatl screamed. The clock beneath them, just visible from the side of the tower roof, was moving backwards. People below the tower walked backwards, the moon rose, rather than fell, and Skull Kid and Tael were repeating what they said.

“Is Time moving backwards?” Tatl said. Her voice was now a whisper. Their eyes perceived a world of chaos, but their ears heard nothing but what each other said. That, and, the sound of their loud beating hearts.

“Yes. Time … is moving backwards.” Link replied.

As he said this, a series of black and white clocks formed around them; encircling them until they were just in front of their faces. They closed around the pair of them, and blurred everything Tatl and Link saw.

Dawn Of The First Day

The inside of the Clock Tower was old and dusty. Wood was covered with vines, and the clock echoed through the inside with every movement.

“Hello,” Said the man in front of Link and Tatl.

“Link? Link! Where’s Tael!? Where’s my brother!?” Tatl said in panic. “It’s okay. It’s okay …” Link said in a comforting voice.

“Well … No. No it really isn’t. We can’t live these days over and over again. That wouldn’t be progress. It would be chaos. A lack of Time is a lack of order.” The man said.

Link was now just noticing the bundle on the man’s back. It was covered with masks … Some were happy, some were sad, and some were just …

“Who are you? You remember the past three days?” Tatl asked.

“Yes. I followed you two since the start. That demon stole a precious mask of mine … It’s called Majora’s Mask. It grants any wish the wearer desires, but at the cost of horrible evil. The mask is alive, you see. It controls the wearer. Essentially, putting it on turns you into a puppet.” He said.

“I believe in you two. You can destroy Majora’s Mask, and you can save the land of Termina,” He continued.

“Who are you!?” Link repeated.

“Link … You don’t remember me? I met you in Hyrule. You played with Time when I met you there too,” The man said.

“What? How do you know about me?” Link asked.

“I apologize. Let me introduce myself,” he said, “I am the Happy Mask Salesman. I exist in any Time the world enters.”

“So … You’re just like me.” Link replied.

The tower shook with the movement of the clock. Even as they stood in that room, discussing what never happened, the moon was once again approaching Termina.
    Last edited by Chapter; 17th February 2013 at 8:54 PM.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Please read the rules. Fics that aren't about Pokemon belong in the Non-Pokemon Fics subforum. This is really common sense. Please be more careful next time. *moves to the proper place*

~Psychic
    Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!

Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

I like how you decided to remake one of the best Zelda games ever, but I have one criticism, where's the beginning? You started off square at the near end of the world without a single hint to how Link got there, why he is a Deku Scrub, or who this Skull Kid is. Not everybody has played Majora's Mask, and probably are confused. Off that topic though, I love the way you word things, and I personally believe this remake has potential, but PLEASE add the beginning!

Good Luck!
    Last edited by JFought; 15th February 2013 at 5:54 AM.
    Three most annoying things:

1. Metal Mario
    2. Arrogance
    3. Writer's Block

Please make more!
    WANT TO START SHINY HUNTING ON THE GBA, ANYONE GOT ANYHELP FOR ME PLEASE?!

Current fanfics:

PMD: Explorers of Space----Prologue! (On Hold)

Coming soon:
    Henry's Adventure! A New Fanfic

Spoiler:- MAJOR SPOILER for Majora familiars only!:

-

“Yes. I am like you. Though, I don’t have to do anything to enter a different Time.” The mask salesman said.

“Neither do I. Hey, wait though, how do you get me out of this suit! I can’t do much if I’m in this.” Link replied.

“I have a song for you. Play it with me. It’s called: The Song of Healing. Take out the Ocarina of Time.” the Happy Mask Salesman said.

Link gingerly took out the Ocarina, and put it to his lips for a tuba to be formed once again.

The man and Link played the song, the man with a piano, and Link with the Deku Tuba. The Happy Mask Salesman did one verse, as Link repeated what was just played.

They were reaching the end of the song, and Link felt his mask loosening, and his Deku skin practically molting. At the end of the song, Link’s Deku face fell to the ground, and his Deku body was no longer there.

“Ha. Hahaha! I’m back!” Link yelled.

“That you are. Now, if you need to turn into the Deku again for a temporary time, then you just put the mask back on. Wearing it won’t lock you up in the Deku body again. You would take the mask off like any other mask.” The Happy Mask Salesman said.

“Thanks so much! We have to go now though. We don’t have much time!” Tatl said for Link, as he was still enjoying the initial shock of being back in his old body.

“Let’s go!” Tatl said, hitting Link on the head once for good measure. “Ouch! Fine, fine. Let’s get going. Thank you sir!” Link said.

The two of them opened the Clock Tower’s door to find the afternoon of the first day. The moon was still high.

“Okay. Gameplan. We have to go to the Deku Swamps.” Tatl said. “Huh? Why?” Link retorted.

“Duh, Link! Tael said we have to get, ‘one each from the swamp, mountains, sea, and valley,’!” Tatl said.

“Oh, yeah. Sure, let’s go to the swamp.” Link said. They walked through the town, though, Tatl floated. As they passed the guard, they turned back and looked at the town. The gigantic wooden clock felt like a smack on the face every time it moved, and yelling, “Hey!” at the two of them, because it only had three days left. Everyone here was marked for death by Majora’s Mask, and not just the weight of the world, but the weight of the moon was upon Link’s shoulders.

“Okay, follow me. Skull Kid, Tael and I used to play by the Swamp before he found that mask.” Tatl told Link.

They ran through Termina fields. The air had a faint aroma of … something different. It looked like Hyrule field, but smaller. And that faint smell was present.

They got to a tree with a carving of Skull Kid and the two fairies. Link passed it by without mentioning it to Tatl.

They reached a small canyon that forked. Tatl said that the swamp was over to the right, and they ran to the right. They noticed a strange red balloon above them. A green, small man was attached to it. He was holding a map, and was wearing a pointy hat.

“I don’t even know.” Tatl said to Link. They kept moving.

Soon, the ground turned to mud, and the trees were larger. “We’re here.” Tatl said. Link looked around. He noticed that some parts of the water were deeper than others. Monkeys played in the trees and swung from vines.

He stepped into the water, but found it was dirty and murky.

“Ugh, gross!” he exclaimed. Link began to turn green, and he felt faint.

“Link, get out of the…-“

Link didn’t hear a word Tatl said.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Ouch! No pm list? But still looking forward to more! And im not a reviewer or anything but if you maybe make the chapters a bit bigger it would be nicer! :-) ;-)

EDIT: Just thought id ask your opinion, am I ok making a Ocarina Of Time version of this or not??

Current fanfics:

Coming soon:

Ouch! No pm list? But still looking forward to more! And im not a reviewer or anything but if you maybe make the chapters a bit bigger it would be nicer! :-) ;-)

EDIT: Just thought id ask your opinion, am I ok making a Ocarina Of Time version of this or not??
    I added a PM list and put u on it. LOL ~ I was going to do an OoT, but I have my hands full with two fanfics, captain of a guild, an art shop, and some other stuff (not necesarilly PKMN related). It's not my permision to give... but yes, in this case, idrc if u make an OoT of this. LOL.

The next chapter is about 20% done, just for clarification. It WILL be longer.

Ok really looking forward to it! Hopefully you will keep it up! Also, thanks for adding a PM list!

And I dont think my OOc version will be better then this!

Current fanfics:

Coming soon: