Thread: Gossip Girls (PG-13)

Hybrid View

Red face Gossip Girls (PG-13)

And now for my hit fanfic. It is rated PG-13 because I'm a b@st@rd who couldn't keep his excitement down. It is awesome! And it has pop culture references!

See it on FF.Net!

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Pokemon, Marlon, or the other canon characters mentioned in the story. I do, however, own some characters, such as the reporters Nina and Rachel.

This story is rated T for language, nudity, and innuendos. Do not read if you are under 13.

GOSSIP GIRLS

CHAPTER 1: LARYNX DISSONANCE

It was a hot summer morning in Humilau City, a city consisting of many houses on raised platforms. The sun was very bright, and the water was nice and warm - perfect for swimming. People were going outside to swim.

Marlon, the Gym Leader of Humilau City, was swimming in a pool of water. He was wearing a blue speedo and a pair of goggles. He was helping Nate practice different swimming moves. Nate was on his back, wearing a purple speedo and a black sweatband. He was doing the backstroke.

"Am I doing it right?" asked Nate.

"Your arms should be a little closer together," said Marlon. "It will help."

Nate put his arms closer together and started to backstroke a little more. He managed to go a little further - until he nearly went head-on into a wooden pole.

"Nate! Watch out!" said Marlon.

Marlon quickly swam up to Nate and pulled him out of the way. He then helped Nate get back up.

"Sorry," said Nate. "I'm not the best swimmer."

"That's okay," said Marlon. "It takes practice. Not everyone can be like Michael Phelps." Marlon coughed.

"I wouldn't want to be like him," said Nate. "I don't want to smoke a bong."

Marlon thought this was hilarious. He laughed until he coughed a few times.

"Yeah," said Nate. "You're kinda like my older cousin, Lana. Lana was the best swimmer in town - she actually swam across the strait between Virbank and Castelia. Then it ended three months ago when she had a baby."

"How did that affect her?" asked Marlon.

"She gained quite a bit of weight," said Nate. "She's still trying to lose it."

Marlon giggled, but then he coughed a few times.

Nate lay down on the surface of the water and tried the backstroke again.

But not everyone is having fun. Some people are on the job.

There are two women sitting on the decks. They have notepads and pens in their hands. Their goal is to report some **** for people to read. These women were named Nina Faustini and Rachel Petit. Nina was a woman of average height with a light green hair in a bouffant and green eyes. She was wearing a light blue sundress. Rachel was a short woman with short brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a white halter top and blue short shorts.

Rachel noticed Marlon's trademark swim pants tied to a post on the decks. Marlon was going to wash them later. They were near a light blue tote bag with a picture of a Wailord on it.

"Wouldn't it be cool if we took that?" Rachel asked Nina. "I love the fins on those pants!"

"RACHEL!" said Nina. "Marlon would be really mad at us if we stole his prized swim pants. Besides, we're supposed to be writing something for the magazine! The National Gymquirer won't be satisfied without the latest story on one of the Gym Leaders!"

"Okay, Nina," said Rachel. "But it would be good evidence! Remember when we stole..." Rachel was going to say something embarrassing.

"I told you never to mention that again," said Nina.

"Righty-O, Nina!" said Rachel.

"Let's watch Marlon a little while longer," said Nina. "Then we could get a juicy story for the National Gymquirer."

Nina and Rachel continued to watch Marlon and Nate. Marlon helped Nate learn a few swimming moves, but Marlon coughed quite a bit. They wrote some notes on the Gym Leader.

An hour later, Nina and Rachel saw Marlon saying good-bye to Nate, who was going back to the beach where the Pokemon Center was. Marlon got out of the water and climbed up the decks. He took his swim pants off of the pole and put them in his tote bag. Then he took a long white T-shirt out of his bag and put it on. He also put on a pair of sandals.

Marlon looked at Nina and Rachel.

"Hi," he said. "I see you've been watching my swim pants." Marlon coughed.

Nina and Rachel giggled.

"Uh...yes..." Nina chuckled.

"We were watching," said Rachel. "We're trying to get a good story on you."

"Why...' coughed Marlon, "thanks! I'd like to see how it comes out!" Being a laid-back kind of guy, Marlon wasn't normally bothered by stories on him published in the National Gymquirer. These stories could be dishonest, but Marlon knew that they were usually just for laughs.

Marlon picked up his tote bag.

"I like the notes that I took," said Nina, "but it might be a bit boring in print."

"Don't worry," said Marlon. "I'm sure the readers will enjoy it. I remember that one you wrote last week..." Marlon coughed yet again, but this time his voice was getting very hoarse. What was going on with his voice?

Nina and Rachel were startled. It looked like Marlon was coming down with a disease.

"It looks like you're sick with something," said Nina. "You'll need to go to the Pokemon Center and let a nurse test you." The Pokemon Center in Humilau City treated people as well as Pokemon.

"And you might want to avoid the water," said Rachel. "You're going to spread your germs and infect people if you stay in!"

"Okay," said Marlon. "I'll go."

While Marlon walked away, Nina and Rachel looked on. They started to giggle again.

"Marlon sure looks sexy in that bathing suit," said Rachel. "I think I want him for myself."

"I would love him too," said Nina. "But Marlon would never notice us. He has a steady girlfriend. And they could be married before you know it."

"He's younger than us," said Rachel. "He hasn't even reached 25. But we're both over 30. And neither of us have been with a man at all."

"Let's go follow him," said Nina.

"Sure!" said Rachel. The two followed Marlon.

Marlon made his way to the Pokemon Center. When he went inside, he saw Nate sitting near the entrance reading a book. Nate had put a shirt on as well. He waved hello to Marlon.

Next, Marlon walked up to the counter. He saw a nurse with pink pigtails. This was Tanya, the head nurse.

"Excuse me, Nurse," said Marlon, "but can you look at me? I'm losing my voice."

"Of course, Marlon," said Tanya. "Come this way."

Tanya took Marlon to another room. She sat him down in a chair. Tanya went over to the counter and took out a light.

"Open wide," said Tanya.

Marlon opened his mouth. Tanya held up the light near Marlon's mouth. She also felt his face. Then Tanya came to a conclusion.

"Your throat is swollen," said Tanya. "And I looked at the lymph nodes on your face, and they're swollen too. It looks like you have laryngitis."

"Laryngitis?" asked Marlon.

"Yep," said Tanya. "You might want to avoid talking too much. And don't forget to drink plenty of fluids. But what's most important is rest."

Marlon nodded his head. He was frowning.

Tanya then stepped back, and knocked Marlon's tote bag over. Out of it fell some of Marlon's belongings. Most of them were nothing special, but what fell out last was surprising - a plush Frillish. It was blue, signifying that it was male, and about five inches tall. The nurse picked the stuff up and put it back in the tote bag, but it was too late - someone had seen it.

Nina and Rachel were right outside the room that Marlon was in. Nina was writing things in her notepad, while Rachel was looking in with her binoculars. They had seen everything - Marlon had laryngitis. Nina and Rachel had not reported a disease before. They thought this would be juicy.

"Holy ****, Nina," said Rachel. "Looks like ol' Marlon's got a disease."

"And even better," said Nina, "he's got a little doll with him!"

"I wonder what the doll is for," said Rachel. "You don't normally see adults carrying those things. Well...of course you have that stuffed Happiny named MC Poopy Pants!"

"Oh yeah," said Nina. "Then again, we're going to die alone."

"At least we have each other," said Rachel. "Right, cookie?"

Nina blushed.

"Anyway," said Nina, "let's look closely at Marlon. We can write a real juicy story about this!"

"Yep," said Rachel. "I wonder what we should write about: Marlon's hotness, his laryngitis, or his plush Frillish!"

"I vote for all of the above!" said Nina.

"All right!" said Rachel.

Uh-oh...this is not good!

CHAPTER 2: THE BIG SCOOP

Marlon went back to his house. He was disappointed that he had laryngitis. Now he couldn't talk for a while. What's a guy to do?

The house that Marlon lived in wasn't that big, but that was the same for all the houses in Humilau City. It was a beige house with a black roof. The door on the front was red, and the windows were brown. It was only one floor high.

When Marlon went inside, he brought his tote bag to his room and put it by his bed. He then went to take a shower. Marlon thought that a shower would help him feel less stressed-out about his laryngitis.

After Marlon got out of the shower, he went to his room and took out a pair of pajamas. The pajamas were green and consisted of a T-shirt and a pair of shorts. First Marlon put on a pair of black trunks and put them on.

Marlon's room had yellow walls and a wooden floor with a red rug on it. His bed had a blue blanket and white pillows and sheets. There was also a dresser, a closet, a mirror, and a desk.

Marlon decided to rest for a little while. He was tired from all that swimming, and he wanted to brainstorm ideas for communication while in bed. Maybe charades could work? Nah - Marlon was a very bad charades player. What to do...

Nina and Rachel were outside, looking for Marlon. They were wondering where he went.

"Marlon could be anywhere," said Nina. "And these decks are hard to navigate."

Rachel had her Sneasel out of its Poke Ball. This Sneasel was named Igor, and he wore a red collar. Igor was on a leash, crawling. He was sniffing for any signs of Marlon.

"Don't worry, Nina," said Rachel. "Igor is a good sniffer. He can detect anything."

"That is true," said Nina.

"He'll find Marlon in no time!" said Rachel.

Nina looked at Igor.

"Looks like he's trying to find cats first!" said Nina.

Igor had seen a wealthy woman tending her Purrloin. This woman had long blonde hair. She was wearing a big hat, a pink sundress, and sunglasses. Her Purrloin has a pink ribbon. Igor was running forward to attack the Purrloin. When Igor was jumping up, the Purrloin started hissing and tried to scratch at him.

"Igor!" said Nina. "Don't jump up at Thea Tomlinson's Purrloin! It's very hostile." But it was too late.

"That Sneasel is a menace!" said Thea. "Pay no attention to that vulgar beast, Lucifer darling!"

Rachel facepalmed.

"Its name is Lucifer?" said Rachel. "What a stupid name! Who would name their cat after the Devil? Besides, you know, the stepmother from Cinderella?" She turned to Igor. "Bad boy! Get over here!" Igor went back to Rachel.

Nina walked over to Thea so she could apologize. "We're sorry about everything," said Nina.

"Ugh!" snapped Thea. "You should really watch where you keep your vulgar, low-class Pokemon! Those wretched beasts should be kept away from civilized people like myself." Thea turned to her Purrloin. "Isn't that right, Lucifer dear?"

Nina wanted to facepalm.

"Whatever," said Nina. "I think Marlon's house is nearby."

Igor continued to sniff more, and then he ended up right outside Marlon's house.

"Looks like this is Marlon's house," said Rachel. "See the plaque...This house belongs to Marlon...how do you pronounce his last name?"

"Beats me," said Nina. "It looks weird."

Now let's look inside to see what Marlon is doing.

We focus on the living room, which is the main room of the house. It is located in the back left of the house. It is next to the kitchen. Marlon's bathroom is in the back as well, and the kitchen is in the front left. Marlon's bedroom is in the back right, his bathroom is in the front right, and his closet is between the bedroom and bathroom.

Marlon was lying down on his armchair, with the remote in his hand. He was changing the channel.

"Squirrel Flakes. You'll go nuts over it!"

"We'll add in a free bottle opener with every purchase!"

"Call me now for a free (wink wink) tarot reading!"

Marlon finally switched to the cooking channel. There was a recipe for catfish stew on the show. Marlon didn't think this was appetizing, but he figured that he'd watch it since nothing else was on.

A few minutes later, Marlon heard a knock on his door. Marlon got up from his chair and turned off the TV. He went to the door and opened up. It was Nina and Rachel.

"Yes?" said Marlon hoarsely. "Can I help you?"

"Hello, Marlon," said Nina. "I'm Nina Faustini, and this is Rachel Petit. I'm sure you know us already. We're with the National Gymquirer."

"Sorry," said Marlon, "but you're not welcome. I'm...sick..."

"We just want to tell you this," said Rachel.

"You're the focus of our next story!" said Nina. "We just need a few photos."

"Wait..." said Marlon. "You can't..." But by now Marlon had lost his voice completely.

Nina and Rachel took a few photos of Marlon.

"That will be great," said Nina. "Just think of it - you're going to be a star! And everyone is going to love to see your handsome face!"

"We heard about your laryngitis," said Rachel. "It is very sad that you had to have it. Otherwise you could give us an interview. But the pictures that we took today should suffice for the article that we are writing! And it was good of you to help!" Rachel turned to Nina. "We better get going back to Striaton City! Our boss will be mad if we don't get there!"

"Ta-ta," said Nina, twinkling her fingers.

Nina and Rachel left. Marlon tried to groan, but no sound came out.

Later that day, Marlon got a couple of visitors. Nate had told Rosa about Marlon's laryngitis, and Rosa told several of the other Gym Leaders that Marlon couldn't talk. The visitors came that evening. They consisted of Cress, Skyla, and Elesa.

Cress opened Marlon's door. Marlon saw Cress, Skyla, and Elesa. Cress was wearing a green and pink Hawaiian shirt and white shorts. Skyla was dressed in a sky blue midriff-baring top and white short shorts. Elesa was wearing an orange sundress. Elesa was holding a box with chocolate fudge. Skyla had a plastic bag with a tub of strawberry ice cream. Cress was holding a blue neck warmer with black buttons.

"Nate told us about your laryngitis," said Cress. "That's why we came to visit - to see if you were okay."

"We've got some ice cream!" said Skyla. "It's your favorite: strawberry!"

Marlon looked at Skyla.

"We also got you some chocolate fudge," said Elesa.

"And I got a neck warmer for you," said Cress.

Marlon smiled. He also let everyone inside.

Once everyone was inside, Marlon took out some plastic bowls, cups, and spoons. Skyla opened the ice cream, while Cress opened the box of fudge. Elesa opened the fridge and took out some milk.

"Let's eat," said Elesa.

Everyone started eating.

That night, Marlon decided to go to bed early - as soon as the sun started setting. Marlon put on his neck warmer. He got under the covers and went into bed. He looked at his plush Frillish, which was on the nightstand next to his bed. Marlon then went to sleep as the setting sun gradually brought darkness to his house.

Meanwhile, Nina and Rachel were writing the article that they planned.

"Put this in the article!" said Nina. "And this! No, not that...that! Oh, damn! This article is going to be Article of the Year!"

"This is funny!" said Rachel. "This article is going to shock all of Unova! We will see how it goes. Bet ol' Marlon is going to like it very much!"

Ten minutes later...

"This is awesome!" said Nina. "Please - print it out!"

Rachel printed out the article. She looked through the format - it consisted of an article and various pictures of Marlon, including some that were rather embarrassing. Nina and Rachel looked at the finished article and laughed at the troublesome pictures.

"Good work, Rachel!" said Nina.

"Couldn't have done it without you," said Rachel.

"Let's show this **** to the boss," said Nina.

Nina and Rachel showed their finished article to their boss. Then the boss sent the article to the printer. Soon enough, the magazine was finished, and it was ready for distribution. It became the cover story of the article. This is definitely not good - Marlon is going to be very angry when he sees the magazine!

CHAPTER 3: I HAVE NO MOUTH, AND I MUST SCREAM

The next day, the latest issue of the National Gymquirer hit the stores. Nina and Rachel were in Castelia City to distribute the first issues in the morning.

"Welcome, welcome!" said Nina. "Here is a magazine article about Humilau City's very own Gym Leader, Marlon! It's hip, it's happening, and it's scandalous!"

"Extra! Extra! Read all about it!" said Rachel. Here she paused. "I know that's kinda cliche, but I like saying it!" Then she resumed. "Only 100 PokeDollars per copy! It's going to be the best article you have ever read! Trust us - would Nina Faustini and Rachel Petit lie?"

People were paying their money to get issues of the National Gymquirer. Nina was handing out the issues, while Rachel was collecting the money.

Meanwhile, in Humilau City, Hugh had purchased an article of the magazine. He was reading it to himself.

"Now this is interesting!" said Hugh. "I never looked at Marlon that way. I assumed that he was irresponsible for not knowing who Team Plasma was, but come on - this takes the cake for what an idiot he is! I wouldn't have thought that Marlon was such an embarrassing person!"

Nate, who was coming downstairs from one of the Pokemon Center bedrooms, decided to take a look at Hugh. Nate was wearing a blue Hawaiian shirt and black shorts.

"Hi, Hugh!" said Nate.

"Sup, Nate!" said Hugh.

"What are you reading?" Nate asked Hugh.

"Only the most hilarious article in the National Gymquirer," said Hugh. "It's all about Marlon, the local Gym Leader!"

"I hope it isn't too bad," said Nate. "The National Gymquirer can be a bit...mean, don't you think?"

"Mean?" said Hugh. "Ha! This magazine exposes the truth about the Gym Leaders of this world! Remember their exposure of Clay's controversial mining scheme?"

"I thought that was really mean," said Nate. "It made Clay look like a jerk."

Hugh was getting desperate to show Nate. "I have a pack of green apple Air Heads!" he said. "I know they're your favorite!"

Nate agreed to this. "I have a hard time passing up candy," he said. "Okay." Hugh gave Nate the Air Heads. Nate started eating them.

Nate looked at the cover of the National Gymquirer magazine. The cover had the words Marlon's Shocking Secrets printed in big neon pink words. It had a picture of Marlon in his pajamas with his right hand on his forehead. There were also other pictures that Nina and Rachel had taken of Marlon.

"This doesn't look good," said Nate.

Nate opened up the magazine and turned to the article. What he read shocked him.

MARLON: A KETTLE OF FISH

Hi, everyone! Nina F. and Rachel P. here. Yesterday, we were in Humilau City looking for a good story. And we couldn't resist having the focus be of Marlon, the local Gym Leader. We went around town observing Marlon, and we found a lot of interesting secrets.

The first thing is related to swimming. Marlon was hanging out with a young man. I don't know the kid...I think his name's Nathan. Marlon was helping him swim. Marlon always seems to be a good swim coach. He should do it professionally. But that's his decision to make, not ours. He was also washing his trademark swim pants. I didn't know that they needed daily maintenance. What are those pants made of, anyway? Fish skin? He swims so fast in them!

But that's not the best part. Marlon was coughing a lot afterwards, so he went to the Pokemon Center. We decided to take a look at him. The nurse said that he has laryngitis. When we saw him later, not only did he look all sick, but he couldn't even talk! It was so weird - he was like a mime! He was making weird gestures with his face and his hands. It was awful - we were so creeped out! It's like he was trying to freak us out!

And while we were at the Pokemon Center, Marlon knocked over his tote bag. All sorts of stuff came out - including a plush Frillish! I don't know what to say. Why would an adult play with toys? I guess Marlon wants to stay a baby forever! And he didn't strike us as particularly immature. I guess we don't want to be judgemental. Oh wait...we already were.

That's all for now. See you next time!

Not only was there this awful piece of yellow journalism, but there were plenty of pictures for all to see. These pictures were very humiliating.

"Hugh!" said Nate. "These pictures aren't funny! They totally trash Marlon!"

"So?" said Hugh.

"So?" said Nate. "This is serious! How would you like it if I wrote an article telling about how you wet the bed until you were nine?"

This was one of Hugh's most embarrassing secrets. His little sister used to tease him about it.

"SHHH!" said Hugh. "I told you never to bring that up!"

"Okay," said Nate. "Nobody heard us."

"I guess this is serious," said Hugh. "You're right: this isn't as funny as I thought it was."

"I better go to Marlon's," said Nate. "Is Rosa still in town?"

"Yes," said Hugh.

"I'll go get her," said Nate. "She's very helpful."

Let's look at Marlon. Marlon was relaxing in his house. He was drinking a bottle of Orangina. He was trying to relax since that laryngitis was very stressful. He had been outside that morning, and he didn't know why everyone was laughing.

Marlon was surprised to hear a knock on his door. He rushed over to the door, with the drink in his hand. Marlon opened the door. He saw Nate standing in the front. Rosa was behind Nate. Rosa was wearing a pink sundress with red cherries on it. She was holding a copy of the latest National Gymquirer. Nate had asked Rosa to follow him to Marlon's house.

"Hi, Marlon," said Nate.

Marlon smiled. He normally didn't get this many visitors.

"There's something that we need to tell you," said Rosa. Marlon looked at her with big eyes.

"Did you get the article in the National Gymquirer?" asked Nate.

Marlon shook his head. He normally didn't read the National Gymquirer. After all, it was full of nonsense.

"You were the focus of the latest issue," said Nate.

Marlon made a gesture to let Nate and Rosa in. Marlon drank the rest of his Orangina bottle and threw the empty bottle out. Rosa lay the article on the table.

"I'll read it to you," said Rosa. "I know you can't talk right now, but you can listen."

Rosa read the article to Marlon. She also showed him all the pictures. Pretty soon, the article was finished. Marlon wanted to scream after hearing what he had read. But when he tried to let out a scream, all that came out was a hoarse groan. This laryngitis really did a number on Marlon's voice.
    Last edited by lollygag; 26th January 2013 at 5:40 AM.

CHAPTER 4: MARLON'S LETTER

Marlon was in a pickle. He could not believe that he was dehumanized by the National Gymquirer. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't talk to them, since he had really bad laryngitis. He didn't even know if he could write to them, since Gym Leaders did not normally write to the National Gymquirer.

Nate and Rosa were still in Marlon's house. They were wondering what Marlon could do in the meantime.

"I don't know what we can do," said Nate. "But we can help you feel better."

Marlon groaned.

"You know, Marlon," said Rosa, "you can always write to the National Gymquirer if you're not completely satisfied with their articles. They accept fan letters all the time - and they are fine with hate letters. They get plenty of hate letters, too. One can only imagine the amound of hate letters that the National Gymquirer gets!"

"And guess what?" said Nate. "I'm not completely satisfied with the National Gymquirer's article! It is probably the most mean-spirited article I've seen in there yet."

"I agree," said Rosa. "They will put anything in the National Gymquirer just to sell stuff. Remember the issue where they claimed that Cress's hair was a wig?"

"Cress took it very well," said Nate. "I give him credit for that."

Marlon wrote down in his notepad. He was using this notepad to write notes to communicate with others. When Marlon finished the note, Rosa picked it up.

"How often do they publish those crazy articles?" read Rosa.

"I don't know," said Nate. "I think it's weekly. Look at the magazine."

Rosa picked up the magazine and looked at the date. It consisted of a day, a month, and a year. This meant that it was a weekly magazine.

"It is weekly," said Rosa. "You can still write into the magazine. Just be warned that it will take a week for the people of Unova to see what you were writing. But if you want to get your point across to the people of the National Gymquirer, it would be best if you wrote it right away."

"Definitely," said Nate. "You should write to them as soon as you can."

Marlon wrote another note for Nate and Rosa. It read: Care to stay for lunch?"

"We would like to stay for lunch," said Nate.

Marlon walked over to his refrigerator and took out some bottles of sparkling blueberry juice. Nate and Rosa knew that Marlon was a big fan of sparkling drinks and never seemed to run out of them. He took out a box that was filled with various salami and a goulash stew.

"Where did you get that?" asked Rosa.

"Maybe it's in his pad," said Nate.

Nate read the pad. He saw something written down about the meal. Grimsley gave me these. It's his grandmother's recipe for Hungarian goulash stew. The sausages are Hungarian. I can't eat all of this myself. Hopefully someone will eat it with me.

"Why sure, Marlon," said Nate. "We'll share it with you."

"Hmm," said Rosa. "I knew it! That's where the Boros family is from!"

Rosa put the box on the table. Marlon, Nate, and Rosa began to eat the food.

After they were done, Nate and Rosa told Marlon that they had to leave.

"We have to go," said Rosa. "Don't forget to write the letter to the National Gymquirer!"

Marlon nodded his head and gave two thumbs up.

"Good luck with that," said Nate. "We'll be back at your house later. Bye!"

Rosa and Nate left Marlon's house.

Marlon got to writing his letter. He tried to think of what to write, but it was hard to think of something. Then Marlon had an idea. He thought of something good to write down in the letter.

Eventually, Marlon finished the letter. Here is what it said.

To Whom It May Concern,

Sup, guys! This is Marlon writing.

Yes, this is Marlon. The Gym Leader of Humilau City. The same guy who you wrote about in the National Gymquirer. The guy who has crazy swim pants, a plush Frillish, and a fit of laryngitis.

I am writing to you because I want to tell you that I didn't find your article to be funny. Not funny at all. It was really hurtful, and you know it. And what's so funny about someone getting laryngitis? It's not like it's the worst thing in the world. You're acting like it's worse than AIDS or something. I don't like that your magazine has to make up stories about us Gym Leaders so people can laugh at us. I don't think that's fair. I wouldn't write an article about your problems, now would I? That is why I would like you to stop making up stories about people and to tell the truth.

I hope I don't offend you with this letter, but I just want to get my point across so that it doesn't go over your head.

Sincerely, Marlon

Marlon decided to make copies of the letter at the Pokemon Center. Then he sealed the original letter in an envelope and put it in a mailbox.

That will teach them, thought Marlon.

Marlon went to the Pokemon Center afterwards. He wanted to see the nurse.

Nurse Tanya was reading a magazine (no, not the National Gymquirer) while Marlon waited in the lounge. Another nurse notified her of Marlon's presence.

"Tanya!" said the other nurse. "Marlon is here to see you."

"That's nice," said Tanya. She then realized that it was Marlon. "I wonder what he's here for. He should be at his house resting. It's not good for someone with laryngitis to be walking around out in the open. Right, Nurse Jean?"

"Yes, Tanya," said Jean (the other nurse). Jean was surprised about Marlon's visit as well - she thought that he should be at home.

Nurse Tanya went looking for Marlon. She saw him in the lounge. She smiled at the fact that he was wearing his pajamas.

"Marlon!" she said. "What brings you back to the Pokemon Center?"

Marlon tried to say something, but all that came out was coughing.

"Oh I get it," said Tanya. "You need something to help your laryngitis! Just wait right here - I have something for you to take." Tanya hurried to her drawer and took out a bag. She returned with the bag to Marlon.

"Here are some lemon drops," said Tanya. "Take a few of these a day, and it will help your laryngitis go away. I've taken them myself, and they work wonders for my throat! I'm sure they will help you too."

Marlon took the bag and nodded his head.

"But listen to this, Marlon," said Tanya. "You might want to stay at home while you have laryngitis. You don't want it to spread to anyone. That's why I'm telling you to stay at home as long as you have laryngitis. You can get out of bed, but you might want to stay in bed as much as possible. I'll get someone to help you."

Marlon agreed to this. He decided that he would go home.

When Marlon got home, he decided that he would stay in bed, so he lay down in bed and tried to get some rest.

Later that day, during the evening, Marlon got another visit from Nate and Rosa. They went to Marlon's bed - he had put a Post-it on his door saying that he was in his bedroom. Nate and Rosa went in Marlon's bedroom. They saw Marlon sleeping in bed. He had his neck warmer around his neck.

"Hey, Marlon!" said Rosa. "How are you doing?"

Marlon gave a thumbs down.

"I know it's hard for you," said Nate. "But we are totally sympathetic to you. We'll help you in your time of need. Did you write the letter and mail it?"

Marlon nodded his head.

"Great!" said Nate. "I'm glad you did. Rosa and I talked to one of the women at the Pokemon Center - she will come by your house to take care of you. She will even make your meals. You won't have to worry about a thing. Just think of it as a treat."

"We will also find out more about these writers," said Rosa. "According to the magazine, their names are Nina Faustini and Rachel Petit. I don't know much about them, but we will go around asking for information. I hope we can be a big help to you, Marlon!"

Marlon smiled.

"Good," said Rosa. She patted Marlon's head, stroking the tuft of hair shaped like a shark fin. "We're starting tomorrow."

"We don't know much about Nina and Rachel," said Nate. "But I'm sure there are a lot of people who know about them."

"And in the meantime," said Rosa, "wait for the next issue of the National Gymquirer. And, more importantly, wait for your voice to come back. It should be back soon. Did the nurse say that it was serious?"

Marlon shook his head.

"Excellent," said Rosa. "Then it should be back at least a day before the new issue of the National Gymquirer hits the stores."

"In the meantime," said Nate, "get some rest. It helps me when I'm sick."

Marlon gave a thumbs up to Nate and Rosa.

"Mission: Nina and Rachel has begun," said Rosa.