View Poll Results: Which region has the best fillers?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanto

15 46.88%
  • Orange Islands

2 6.25%
  • Johto

3 9.38%
  • Hoenn

3 9.38%
  • Kanto Battle Frontier

0 0%
  • Sinnoh

2 6.25%
  • Unova

2 6.25%
  • I don't like fillers.

5 15.63%

Thread: Filler episodes

Default Filler episodes

Which region in anime had the best filler episodes in your opinion?

I think Kanto had the best fillers. Usually I'm not a fan of fillers but I loved Kanto's fillers. They were usually very funny and entertaining. One good example about Kanto's great fillers is "Island of the Giant Pokémon".
    Last edited by Charizard-Fan; 26th January 2013 at 6:00 PM.
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

Its kind of a tie for me between Kanto and Johto. I voted Johto though (gotta spread the love!) I don't mind Johto's length or even some of the more routine eps. I loved the humor, emotion, and life lessons in both, but I also enjoyed the more casual pace of Johto. Its hard to describe, it sort of got me to appreciate the little things in life and they still showcased each Pokemon in a good way. And TR gets a lot of witty dialogue, so to have them come and do their thing for a few minutes is fine by me! All of OS made me happy
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

I think Kanto has the better fillers, but I clicked OI by accident (oh well, at least it wasn't Sinnoh :P )

I voted for Kanto, and I also love the Orange Islands and Johto ones. I like the fillers from those seasons. Anyways, I think the Kanto ones have more humor and emotion than the other ones.

Kanto had the best fillers.

after all it was the best season

I dont like fillers.

Hoenn for me tbh

"Best fillers" that statement alone contradicts itself.
    But if I had to chose I'd say orange islands because the saga itself is one big filler saga and it had some good charizard moments.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

Kanto, Orange, and Johto for me. They were more memorable, better, and funny.

Kanto, Kanto, Kanto. This should not be a question. There were a few duds, but most Kanto fillers were written with a sense of the writers actually having fun creating them.

I guess Kanto because that was when they were really fresh. Now the fillers also seem like re-hashes of older fillers from the past seasons most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Kanto, no question about it imo. The fillers were actually entertaining and original. And I'm not just basing this on nostalgia.

Yeah, Kanto for sure. The humor, emotion and uniqueness of Kanto really made it a great season and like Ciccone said, I'm not basing this on nostalgia. I watched the whole season recently and it really did have very entertaining episodes.

Probably Kanto or Orange Islands, Johto's actual "good" fillers were very few and far inbetween. I think Hoenn and Unova's fillers are about the same to me, they both feel very similar written.

DP's filler eps were very hit or miss, it was all the plot-centric episodes of DP that were the good episodes.

Kanto had good episodes, but what does Hoenn and Sinnoh's and Unova's respect if it's not their filler episodes?

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

I have to say that the best fillers were in Kanto. I think they were important, as they helped define the series and give it strength. Without amazing episodes like Wake Up Snorlax! and Princess vs. Princess, I may never have fallen so in love with Pokemon. I think the second best fillers were in the second half of Johto. There were a number of interesting episodes, from ones starring comedic characters like Wobbuffet and Snorlax to moving episodes like Waiting on a Friend (featuring a Ninetales in a role worthy of a Japanese legend). Whenever I hear negative comments about filters, I think back to all the good ones and remind myself that fillers can help add extra flavor into the adventure.
    Last edited by Cataquack Warrior; 17th May 2013 at 10:39 PM.