Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 176

Thread: Is evolution necessary?

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Let's see I could see devolution happening. Ash gets a call from juniper or rowan since his research was about evolution and she tells him of an experimental devoluter. Soon after Osshawott evolves. However as a Dewott he had to live with less advertising revenue and thus could no longer afford some of the essentials such as gold toilet paper and prime pokemon food. Also his fans dissapeared since they found him ugly. To compound the pain Piplup and Meloetta got together. Normally she had problems choosing but when Oshawott evolved all bets were off. Now Oshawott was heartbroken and his battle performance suffered from it.

    Ash did not like using Evolved water types. Dewott was too sad to battle. He for the first time in living memory since roxie was dumped with the other reserves. Many of them hated Dewott because they could all remember being snubbed by Ash for oshawott in the past. This sends him down a crippling path of depression. Finally one night Oshawott decided to just end it all and slash his wrists with a scalchop. Thankfully Ash's other reserves saw and Leavanny string shot bandaged his wounds and Unfezant airlifted him to Junipers. Juniper realized how depressed dewott was and offered to devolve him with Ash's permission.

    Since Ash missed having an unevolved water on his team he said yes. The devoluter powered up and then devolved Oshawott back into his original cute form. Everyone was happy but Ash's reserves. Especially palpitoad.

    In other words. No way to devolution.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    They haven't done it yet, so the chances of it happening in the future are slim to none. I dislike the fact that evolution is a one-way street in this series since it increases the risk of certain Pokemon being dropped from the main cast if they aren't popular enough to sell merchandise in their new form(s).



    What does "spamming" in the context of the anime even mean though?
    Oh, Infernape/Chimchar being used in every gym after his capture except the 4th one.
    Last edited by 1rkhachatryan; 31st January 2013 at 9:11 PM.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Um, why is thee even a question about it? Of course it is.
    and for the people talking about devolution......while I think it would be interesting in the games, there is absolutely no point to it in the anime.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Wasn't devolution actually a thing in the manga thou? I remember there was this genetically altered Eevee who kept switching back and forth between Vapor/Flar/Jolteon at will or something, so the idea itself is not completely far-fetched.

    Anyways, One thing is certain, that is trendy for most of Ash's pokemon to evolve in situations where they develop a strong desire, whether it be to defeat an opponent stronger than them, to save a friend in danger, to show the result of a succesful training sequence, ect. However this doesnt seem to be Oshawott's case in this saga, which is weird considering how many times that same situation has presented itself.

    And let's be honest here, the only way people will ever take Oshawott seriously if is he evolves, I really dont understand how Dewott cant be just as markettable as Oshawott? if marketting was the only problem here in that case they wouldnt have allowed Ash's Tepig to evolve either. So yeah what's up with that?
    Last edited by Axl-fox; 31st January 2013 at 8:15 PM.

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axl-fox View Post
    Anyways, One thing is certain, that is trendy for most of Ash's pokemon to evolve in situations where they develop a strong desire, whether it be to defeat an opponent stronger than them, to save a friend in danger, to show the result of a succesful training sequence, ect. However this doesnt seem to be Oshawott's case in this saga, which is weird considering how many times that same situation has presented itself.

    And let's be honest here, the only way people will ever take Oshawott seriously if is he evolves, I really dont understand how Dewott cant be just as markettable as Oshawott? if marketting was the only problem here in that case they wouldnt have allowed Ash's Tepig to evolve either. So yeah what's up with that?
    Maybe Oshawott isn't that concerned with winning at all. Maybe he's only following Ash because he doesn't want to sit at home all day.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    992

    Default

    People talking about devolution, do you want this to become Digimon? xD
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    People talking about devolution, do you want this to become Digimon? xD
    What's wrong with Digimon?

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    People talking about devolution, do you want this to become Digimon? xD
    yes I would then the writing would be good and we get a new hero every arc.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terror Of Master View Post
    What's wrong with Digimon?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgjordan View Post
    yes I would then the writing would be good and we get a new hero every arc.
    I mean the "devolution" part not the story and character development.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  10. #135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Let's see I could see devolution happening. Ash gets a call from juniper or rowan since his research was about evolution and she tells him of an experimental devoluter. Soon after Osshawott evolves. However as a Dewott he had to live with less advertising revenue and thus could no longer afford some of the essentials such as gold toilet paper and prime pokemon food. Also his fans dissapeared since they found him ugly. To compound the pain Piplup and Meloetta got together. Normally she had problems choosing but when Oshawott evolved all bets were off. Now Oshawott was heartbroken and his battle performance suffered from it.

    Ash did not like using Evolved water types. Dewott was too sad to battle. He for the first time in living memory since roxie was dumped with the other reserves. Many of them hated Dewott because they could all remember being snubbed by Ash for oshawott in the past. This sends him down a crippling path of depression. Finally one night Oshawott decided to just end it all and slash his wrists with a scalchop. Thankfully Ash's other reserves saw and Leavanny string shot bandaged his wounds and Unfezant airlifted him to Junipers. Juniper realized how depressed dewott was and offered to devolve him with Ash's permission.

    Since Ash missed having an unevolved water on his team he said yes. The devoluter powered up and then devolved Oshawott back into his original cute form. Everyone was happy but Ash's reserves. Especially palpitoad.
    ... you could easily pass for an animé writer.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    ... you could easily pass for an animé writer.
    Lol I would make some big changes. First of which would be a ton of evolutions for pokemon new and old. I might even write in cameos for past companions to evolve everything except Piplup. He is waay too cute to evolve

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,226

    Default

    Well, after today's episode, I think the answer is pretty clear.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    If today's episode proved anything, it's that Oshawott is one big recurring joke... As for evolution and basic Pokemon, you can only be as strong as your body lets you, so basic Pokemon will always be weaker then evolved Pokemon who are well train. BW's alone is making a point that evolution pretty much guarantees you stand a better chance in battle

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh, Infernape/Chimchar being used in every gym after his capture except the 5th one.
    4th you mean :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Hogwarts, naturally.
    Posts
    975

    Default

    I think evolution is an important part of the Pokemon universe.

    If a team member is averse to evolution, that's one thing. I have no qualms with Pikachu or Bulbasaur, because they gave pretty good arguments against evolution.

    However, Oshawott and Snivy...nothing. Unless there had been a Pikachu/Raichu-esque rivalry with Trip's Serperior, which there wasn't, Snivy should have justified her not evolving, because she's tough.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.



    ^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

    Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

    Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    I mean the "devolution" part not the story and character development.
    But the devolution part made the parts when they digivolved seem more special, and gave perspective on how good the enemies were.

    Theyd walk around as rookies, but then would go to champion for slightly stronger enemies, ultimate, and then mega!

    In Pokemon on the other hand, you get 3rd stage Pokemon taking on 1st stagers. Not saying it would be better, but supposing Ash had Turtwig all the time, then it evolved to Grotle for slightly stronger enemies, then Torterra for the strongest ones, before devolving back to Turtwig once the battles are done

    If anything, it would make all evolutionary stages merchandisable (Agumon, Greymon, MetalGreymoon and WarGreymon toys were all sold at once).




  16. #141
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    244

    Default

    I cant see how devolution is not possible were talking about a show were ASH TURNED INTO A PIKACHU AND THEN BACK AGAIN.
    It could make for an ok one off episode story were maybe pikachu accidentally touch a lightning stone and evolves into raichu and by some events that happen in the end raichu turns back into pikachu hugs ash and continue there adventure. Then again a lot of people my see that as big middle finger to fans. But none the less if some can explain to me how turning a living human into a Pokemon is more possible then turning a Pokemon back to the way they were then please go right ahead.

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    643

    Default

    for me yeah evolution is necessary

    i think if oshawott at least evo to dewott he still can keep his personality for being love to all female( or look like a female ) pokemon
    and snivy can be more Big sister if she Servine or add sassy personality
    and Croconaw can dance XD to not only totodile
    Welcome Gen VI


    PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d4rk_tailed View Post
    But the devolution part made the parts when they digivolved seem more special, and gave perspective on how good the enemies were.

    Theyd walk around as rookies, but then would go to champion for slightly stronger enemies, ultimate, and then mega!

    In Pokemon on the other hand, you get 3rd stage Pokemon taking on 1st stagers. Not saying it would be better, but supposing Ash had Turtwig all the time, then it evolved to Grotle for slightly stronger enemies, then Torterra for the strongest ones, before devolving back to Turtwig once the battles are done

    If anything, it would make all evolutionary stages merchandisable (Agumon, Greymon, MetalGreymoon and WarGreymon toys were all sold at once).
    But that only happened because every digi-destined had access to only one digimon. Ash has access to a whole party of six plus reserves. If Ash battles against small pokemon he can use Pikachu or any of his weak pokemon like Unfezent or Oshawott, while his big powerhouses like Charizard or Krookodile take on big and strong pokemon. Why would he become a Charmander to fight an unevolved pokemon if he has Pikachu? xD
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    But that only happened because every digi-destined had access to only one digimon. Ash has access to a whole party of six plus reserves. If Ash battles against small pokemon he can use Pikachu or any of his weak pokemon like Unfezent or Oshawott, while his big powerhouses like Charizard or Krookodile take on big and strong pokemon. Why would he become a Charmander to fight an unevolved pokemon if he has Pikachu? xD
    Good point, thats got me!

    But OK, look at it from the merchandising view, like everyones been saying in the last two pages. Oshawott must be selling a lot of merch out East, but without a devolution mechanism in the animé, it must be kept as Oshawott to keep rolling in profit.

    At least that line of reasoning is one argument why the devolution in Digimon was good right?

    Besides, the entire Digidestined team, each kid with one Digimon, were like one big trainer, with an 8 monster team. Every big enemy in that show was like Arceus, Dialga, Palkia; unstoppable and too strong for one Digimon alone to fight.
    Last edited by d4rk_tailed; 2nd February 2013 at 5:19 PM.




  20. #145
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    145

    Default

    I don't know it you've seen the new seasons of Digimon but you can have a whole army of them in season 6/7

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terror Of Master View Post
    I don't know it you've seen the new seasons of Digimon but you can have a whole army of them in season 6/7
    Sorry dude, Xros Wars is beyond me, I've never watched it xD

    And I think we're getting off-topic here, this is about evolution, not Digimor or devolution.

    Speaking of that I hope one of Ash's pokemon evolve soon, we've got no evolution in the main cast since Krookodile.
    Last edited by ludiloco; 2nd February 2013 at 7:29 PM.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

    [CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    Sorry dude, Xros Wars is beyond me, I've never watched it xD

    And I think we're getting off-topic here, this is about evolution, not Digimor or devolution.

    Speaking of that I hope one of Ash's pokemon evolve soon, we've got no evolution in the main cast since Krookodile.
    Chill dude, its been less than 20 episodes. In johto we got one evolution over 130 eps.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    Sorry dude, Xros Wars is beyond me, I've never watched it xD

    And I think we're getting off-topic here, this is about evolution, not Digimor or devolution.

    Speaking of that I hope one of Ash's pokemon evolve soon, we've got no evolution in the main cast since Krookodile.
    *coughs* Seismitoad *coughs*
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    *coughs* Seismitoad *coughs*
    What seismotoad?

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    What seismotoad?
    He said he was hoping for a evo soon lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •