Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BW Rivals thread

I'm still waiting on see Burgundy making a return. Her and Bel are my favorite BW rivals. Shooti, Kotetsu and Virgil are close though. D: Georgia's awesome as well, but I am wondering who may win the final battle between her and Iris.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 28th January 2013 at 12:31 AM.

If no one reappears that'll really show how much the writers care

Trip, Bianca, Burgundy and Georgia were all badly treated by the writers so they are my top choice for who should appear again. But from all of them I want Trip back most. He needs a full battle with Ash.

I see all of them as being likely besides Cameron and maybe Stephan if we're purely talking episode N. We'll need some way to fill those filler episodes!

I would actually love for Cameron to return, but he was introduced very late and doesn't have a strong enough tie to Ash in the same way Bianca or Trip does. That's why I'm sort of doubting Stephan too as I'd say Trip and Bianca are Ash's 'main' rivals this era. That being said I won;t be shocked if he shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I am wondering who may win the final battle between her and Iris.
    I'm guessing Iris will beat Georgia with either Axew or Dragonite and Georgia will be impressed and say she's on her way to becoming a true Dragon Master and she will train even harder to become a Dragon Buster and beat her the next time.

As for Cilan and Burgundy, during their final battle (whether it's Gen 5 or Gen 6), I honestly think Burgundy will finally let go of her grudge against Cilan and either beat him or draw with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    As for Cilan and Burgundy, during their final battle (whether it's Gen 5 or Gen 6), I honestly think Burgundy will finally let go of her grudge against Cilan and either beat him or draw with him.
    Just watch. Those two will develop feelings for each in the end.

And then Ash will ruin it and say, "Huh?"

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

Speaking of Burgundy, is she the only major rival in the history of the show to never be shown winning a battle onscreen? Heck, even Jessalina was shown winning contests!

I don't think she has a grudge on him. I think she acts like that because she respects him.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I don't think she has a grudge on him. I think she acts like that because she respects him.
    Oh, she definitely has a grudge. She does respect him and think he's a great connoisseur but if she didn't have some sort of grudge, she wouldn't behave the way she is behaving. Heck, her debut episode was even called "A Connoisseur's Revenge!"

Oh, she definitely has a grudge. She does respect him and think he's a great connoisseur but if she didn't have some sort of grudge, she wouldn't behave the way she is behaving. Heck, her debut episode was even called "A Connoisseur's Revenge!"
    ...Burgundy's a connoisseur?

I concur. There might even be the possibility she never graduated from connoisseur school and had her C rank badge forged so she can dodge scrutiny. This also means she has to work in the shadows and can never rank up because she would be arrested for forgery.

Ha ha. I am stating what the dub name of that episode was. I know that was dubbing error. Who knows what the people who dub Pokémon were thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I concur. There might even be the possibility she never graduated from connoisseur school and had her C rank badge forged so she can dodge scrutiny. This also means she has to work in the shadows and can never rank up because she would be arrested for forgery.
    Oops is that what he meant? I thought he was referring to the dub calling Burgundy a connoisseur when that is a title that males have.

Ugh. No.

Just because a boy and a girl are rivals doesn't mean it'll end in ~*~twu wuv~*~...

Nah, I was poking fun at the fact that her role as a connosseiustress(?) is almost non-existent since she wastes too much time hating on Cilan.

Nah, I was poking fun at the fact that her role as a connosseiustress(?) is almost non-existent since she wastes too much time hating on Cilan.
    Cilan and Burgundy are both lacking in the development department and that's because they haven't even really defined too much of what a connoisseur is and how you rank up. In fact, I don't feel like Cilan and Burgundy changed at all since their debut. That better change soon because I don't have to deal with them doing the same thing over and over again for the rest of Gen 5 and possibly in Gen 6 if they stay.

That's so predictable and bland that the writers might actually do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    That's so predictable and bland that the writers might actually do that.
    The only time where shipping of 2 rivals could actually be supported in the show was May and Drew. Kenny also likes Dawn but we don't know if she shares those same feelings though.

The only time where shipping of 2 rivals could actually be supported in the show was May and Drew. Kenny also likes Dawn but we don't know if she shares those same feelings though.
    Obviously she doesn’t or she would have honored that bet I don’t blame her either.

Anyways I still think burgundy forged her C rank badge. I have a feeling that you can get away with checks since C rank badges are probably made of worse materials than and A or S rank badge and so it can be counterfeited easily. I like to think of the buiz as like street food sellers.

C rank- Hawks candy out of a cardboard box
    B Rank- Sells food in a collapsible stand that the seller has to set up beforehand and unpack at the end of the day.
    A Rank- Has a small shop/trailer on the street where people can go buy stuff.
    S Rank- A top of the line food truck.

No it's always the male and female enemies kissing in the end regardless of show.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Obviously she doesn’t or she would have honored that bet I don’t blame her either.
    Which is honestly why Pearlshipping makes sense. The other popular Dawn shippings are Zoey and Kenny and we already saw that Dawn chose to watch Ash compete in the League over travelling with Kenny and going to Candice's party for Zoey. Of course, there is Ikarishipping too but if Paul abuses his girlfriends the same way he abuses his Pokémon, Dawn better not date Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    No it's always the male and female enemies kissing in the end regardless of show.
    Then where is the scene of Ash and Bianca kissing?

Then where is the scene of Ash and Bianca kissing?
    He said enemies, not the dumb tan guy and the dumb blonde girl.

He said enemies, not the dumb tan guy and the dumb blonde girl.
    Well, Ash is 10 and since most of his female enemies are in their twenties, they could be arrested for kissing a minor.

Which is honestly why Pearlshipping makes sense. The other popular Dawn shippings are Zoey and Kenny and we already saw that Dawn chose to watch Ash compete in the League over travelling with Kenny and going to Candice's party for Zoey. Of course, there is Ikarishipping too but if Paul abuses his girlfriends the same way he abuses his Pokémon, Dawn better not date Paul.
    Chicks apparently love the bad guys lol. I saw an episode of cops where they arrested a guy who was beating his GF and the girl yelled I love you as he was dragged into the police car in handcuffs....but yeah hopefully this won't happen outside fanfiction XD

Well, Ash is 10 and since most of his female enemies are in their twenties, they could be arrested for kissing a minor.
    Well it's only statutory if there's no consent. Besides according to the guy who made the show Takeshi Shudo the age of Consent is 10.

Anyways I hope Cameron shows up with his Watchog or Virgil because those 2 rivals need the screentime the most of all the rivals.

If Burgundy does appear, I really hope she wins a battle on-screen. D:

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I think they're all done. The league wrapped them up.
    The league only wrapped up Ash's rivals not Iris or Cilan's for all we know. A league doesn't decide the fates for all of them. The only one that really needs to come back before the show is over is Burgundy. The writers gave up on Trip even though I would love to see him again, Bianca just fails for me as for a character in general, Stephan got good time and I really don't think we need to see Ash's league rivals. Goergia however could come but what good would that do if Dragonite is here?

My ideal battle ever!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast