Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BW Rivals thread

Hopefully they don't forget Burgundy and Georgia like that.....they both need a final battle with Dento and Iris.

CYNDAQUIL IS FINALLY MINE <3 <3 <3 <3!!!!!
    Pokemon Y FC: 1693-2261-4948
    Friend Safari: Poison(Venomoth, Toxicroak, and Seviper)

The only rivals I can see battling Ash in a full battle if they return are Trip and Virgil. If he rematches Cameron it would probably be a 1 on 1 and if he battled Bianca it would at most be a 3 on 3.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    The only rivals I can see battling Ash in a full battle if they return are Trip and Virgil. If he rematches Cameron it would probably be a 1 on 1 and if he battled Bianca it would at most be a 3 on 3.
    I just wonder how most of them will end? Wins, loses, or draws?

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    If it is Trip it should be a draw and against the others it should be wins and maybe a close lose to Virgil.

True. But we already saw Trip battle Ash. If he was to come back then no more using Serperior and Pikachu between both of them. And no Eevee from Virgil's side either.

My ideal battle ever!

Win against Bianca and Cameron. Tie against Virgil, most likely.

And if he does defeat Camoron, he'll be the only rival to have the honor of getting his sorry head handed back to him.

Something's off with an egg... ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - The Wonderful 101

For me, I'd like it if it was a tie against Bel. She already lost to Ash once, I'd like if she was at least got a tie. But, I'm not asking for a win though. Kotetsu can lose, since he defeated Ash in the League and the battle was pretty close. But, Stephan and Virgil are a different story for me. I don't know what I think the battle should turn out like. Shooti's in the same category as those two as well. :/

I would prefer if none of Ash's rivals come back ever again, I doubt they would serve any purpose since the leage has ended, and lets be honest here: Trip, Kotetsu and Virgil have been the most bland, Mary-sueish rivals Ash has ever crossed paths with (with the exception of Tobias of course).

If rivals were to have some kind of relevance in Episode N, I think Hugh should be introduced instead. You know since I first watched the new opening, I keep thinking that Liopard with the Plasma grunts may belong to him, so that would give him a reason to appear in the anime.

But ah, this is just me rambling, I can see the chances of that being actually true being pretty slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Axl-fox View Post
    I would prefer if none of Ash's rivals come back ever again, I doubt they would serve any purpose since the leage has ended, and lets be honest here: Trip, Kotetsu and Virgil have been the most bland, Mary-sueish rivals Ash has ever crossed paths with (with the exception of Tobias of course).

If rivals were to have some kind of relevance in Episode N, I think Hugh should be introduced instead. You know since I first watched the new opening, I keep thinking that Liopard with the Plasma grunts may belong to him, so that would give him a reason to appear in the anime.

But ah, this is just me rambling, I can see the chances of that being actually true being pretty slim.
    None of Ash's rivals are bland or Mary Sueish to be honest. Trip lost in the 1st round of three tournaments, Cameron barely knew what he was doing when it came to rules and Virgil wasn't showcased enough to show off if he was. Introducing Hugh would be a waste at this point. He would barely have time to develop since most of Episode N is about Ash, N and Team Plasma.

The only Gary Sue of a rival in the entire Unova run is Virgil himself, and he really needs to experience defeat or at least one fight against Ash for supremacy. I do hope there's another Don Tournament where Ash ACTUALLY wins something in the damned region because being around just to see one measly anime-based cave is such a waste if the writers go ahead and put that place so far away that it needs 30 episodes to reach. (Damn you, natural disasters!)

For a more proper version, Cilan is a Gary Sue.

None of Ash's rivals are bland or Mary Sueish to be honest. Trip lost in the 1st round of three tournaments, Cameron barely knew what he was doing when it came to rules and Virgil wasn't showcased enough to show off if he was.
    Well yeah, that's precisely where the problem lies, even thou Trip lost in the league's first round (an horribly handled first round imo). Let's also consider that Trip is a rookie trainer that kept outbesting Ash through the whole saga, who also 1-hit KOed everyone in one of the tournaments just because. Same goes with Kotetsu, he's basically a n00b trainer that happens to have a team of fully-evolved pokemon, who despiste his lack of knowledge still managed to defeat Ash, having only 5 pokemon with him plus a newly evolved Lucario that made Ash's experience defeating other Lucario in the past suddendly become irrelevant.

And then there's Virgil, a character with a team full of eons who wins a league for no relevant reason since he's not even a full-time dedicated trainer. For what can I gather, achieving great things just for the sake of lulz is pretty gary stueish for me.
    Last edited by Axl-fox; 31st January 2013 at 1:06 AM.

Well yeah, that's precisely where the problem lies, even thou Trip lost in the first round (due to terrible writting imo), let's consider that Trip is a rookie trainer that kept outbesting Ash through the whole saga, even to the point of 1-hit KOing everyone in one of the tournaments. Same goes with Kotetsu, he's basically a n00b trainer that happens to have a team of fully-evolved pokemon, who despiste his lack of knowledge still managed to defeat Ash, having only 5 pokemon with him plus a newly evolved Lucario that made Ash's experience defeating other Lucario in the past suddendly become irrelevant.

And then there's Virgil, a character with a team full of eons who wins a league for no relevant reason since he's not even a full-time dedicated trainer. For what can I gather, achieving great things just for the sake of lulz is pretty gary stueish for me.
    The thing is, we don't know much about Kotetsu's nor Virgil's background. So we don't know if Kotetsu is a noob. And Virgil could have just became a Pokemon Rescue Worker two years ago and stopped his Pokemon training.

The thing is, we don't know much about Kotetsu's nor Virgil's background. So we don't know if Kotetsu is a noob. And Virgil could have just became a Pokemon Rescue Worker two years ago and stopped his Pokemon training.
    Sorry to say this, but Cameron is really a noob. He just happens to be horribly blessed with luck.

Hell, Dawn even pointed out that Riolu are rare, and it's never specified where he even got him.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 31st January 2013 at 1:19 AM.

Well yeah, that's precisely where the problem lies, even thou Trip lost in the league's first round (an horribly handled first round imo). Let's also consider that Trip is a rookie trainer that kept outbesting Ash through the whole saga, who also 1-hit KOed everyone in one of the tournaments just because. Same goes with Kotetsu, he's basically a n00b trainer that happens to have a team of fully-evolved pokemon, who despiste his lack of knowledge still managed to defeat Ash, having only 5 pokemon with him plus a newly evolved Lucario that made Ash's experience defeating other Lucario in the past suddendly become irrelevant.

Trip only bested Ash because Unova Ash was really bad at using strategy and he was more strategic and book smart then Ash. Cameron won from being a good trainer and luck was kind of by his side especially with Riolu evolving. Virgil is probably at least 18 years old. He was obviously a trainer for years and him and his Pokemon could power up alot from saving other Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Sorry to say this, but Cameron is really a noob. He just happens to be horribly blessed with luck.

Hell, Dawn even pointed out that Riolu are rare, and it's never specified where he even got him.
    Cameron could not have competed in a league before. If he had he would have known the numbers of badges needed to qualify for the league and he would have known that a full battle needs 6 Pokemon to compete with.

Cameron could not have competed in a league before. If he had he would have known the numbers of badges needed to qualify for the league and he would have known that a full battle needs 6 Pokemon to compete with.
    I have no idea how he didn't know a 'full battle' wasn't six on six. Surely he noticed that his Pokeball wasn't locked when he caught his sixth Pokemon...
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    I have no idea how he didn't know a 'full battle' wasn't six on six. Surely he noticed that his Pokeball wasn't locked when he caught his sixth Pokemon...
    The real question is how did they let him continue even though he only had 5.

The real question is how did they let him continue even though he only had 5.
    I've been saying that for the longest. xD

It's a sign of deficiency on Ash's part for being so bad he lost with a numbers advantage.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 31st January 2013 at 2:05 AM.

I've been saying that for the longest. xD
    Safe to say that anime Unova has the worst Pokemon battle management in story.

Just look at Skyla.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Safe to say that anime Unova has the worst Pokemon battle management in story.

Just look at Skyla.
    Most of the gym leaders this region have been bad at maintaining their gym leader status. The only ones that didn't leave or refuse to battle were Lenora, Burgh,Elesa and Brycen.

Most of the gym leaders this region have been bad at maintaining their gym leader status. The only ones that didn't leave or refuse to battle were Lenora, Burgh,Elesa and Brycen.
    But I liked the fact that Skyla came off so strong, which is why she got bored with battling and needed Ash to get her back to her normal self.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I can honestly see Trip, Bianca, Virgil, Georgia, and Burgundy coming back. Stephan and Cameron are done in my opinion.

Trip: To get a full battle with Ash.
    Bianca: To show up in her BW2 attire and become Juniper's Assistant. She could still compete in a final tournament and have a battle with Ash.
    Virgil: Unlike other past league winners, I can see him appearing again. Specially since his Rescue Squad is located in Unova. He is the only BW Rival to not battle Ash so far. Seeing Ash beat Virgil in a final BW Tourney would be nice too see.
    Georgia: Needs closure and her rivalry with Iris needs to show more.
    Burgundy: Perhaps making her B-Rank and having Cilan fail his S-Rank exam would make her more if a threat thus setting up both of them going to PokéFrance.

Random : PokéRadar

I want to see all Unova Rivals (including Montgomery (the Throh guy from Clubsplosion) and Luke (movie guy with Zorua). As @_Taidow_ said I want to see Trip having full battle with Ash and more backstory of him. About Bianca , she doesn't need to be like in BW2, it's enough with her BW original style. It would be great if Unova Rivals (including Montgomery and Luke) gathering together with Ash and co. to participate random tournament or helping them against Team Plasma.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Started by Crawdauntpro.

Trip is my baby, don't hurt or insult him!

BEST ANIME IN 2013 : DANGANRONPA THE ANIMATION.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I think they're all done. The league wrapped them up.
    Wouldn't be surprised if they bring back Bianca and Virgil to reveal that they've become a thing. Nah. I don't think the show would go too far than to tease. lol

I do agree that Burgundy and Georgia could use a closure as well. Everyone else, imo, seems to have reached the finish line.

As for Cameron, eh.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

There's no indication we'll see any of them, and since there are no competitions going on there's no reason to either.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast