Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: If you could battle any of the Dexholders, who would it be and why?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default If you could battle any of the Dexholders, who would it be and why?

    I'm not talking about just plain battling. I'm talking about battling under frontier rules (so no items and all Pokemon's levels are the same, etc.) and maybe contests could be considered battling. So if you like normal battling, then you might choose Red or Blue. If you're good at frontier battling, then you could choose Emerald or Platinum. If you like contests the best in the games, then you could choose Ruby. Or if you're one of those who don't like challenges and want an easy battle, then you could choose a Dexholder in conditions that's not his or her style (for example, Yellow).

    Me, I definitely choose Red because he's probably the best battler under normal conditions and in the games I often have to utilize strategy if my levels aren't higher than his. I would also like to match one of my Pokemon with Pika, one of those very few Pokemon who are very powerful by themselves without the need to evolve (unlike Ash's Pikachu and much like Red's Pikachu in the games with its Light Ball to power its moves). I also prefer normal battling over frontier battling because for some reason I always have bad luck in frontier battles in the 30th battle or so.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    126

    Default

    If you think Yellow is easy . . . Then .
    Fatal hit to Golem . Then .
    Boom . Golem's HP were fully restored .
    Then . Critical hit to Golem .
    Baam . Golem's HP were fully restored .
    With her recovery ability , she can wreck havoc on any team .
    And she can boots her team power instantly . Just see how Sird scared about her power .
    I want to battle with Pearl . He's very good and can expect your moves perfectly .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    177

    Default

    This is a difficult question, is this based on how their skills as a trainer stand as of their most recent appearances?

    If so, I'm taking on White. She's still fairly new to the concept of battling and would the closest to a sure victory. I'm about getting things done, not about the fun of battles.
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arawn View Post
    If you think Yellow is easy . . . Then .
    Fatal hit to Golem . Then .
    Boom . Golem's HP were fully restored .
    Then . Critical hit to Golem .
    Baam . Golem's HP were fully restored .
    With her recovery ability , she can wreck havoc on any team .
    And she can boots her team power instantly . Just see how Sird scared about her power .
    I want to battle with Pearl . He's very good and can expect your moves perfectly .
    You serve a good point. But then again, Yellow only uses her powers when in dire situations. In a regular battle she battles normally. Look at her battle in the Viridian Gym, she was out in less than two pages.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    147

    Default

    I'd either be red, yellow, silver or sapphire. Red coz he is epic and strong, yellow coz she can heal and I love her personality, sapphire coz she reminds me of myself and I love her strength and basicly everything and silver because he has been through a lot and he is Stoll holding on.

    Agression, Destruction.
    Meowstic is officially mine!

    Credit to Brutaka

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The realms beyond human life
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Blue: Because she's hot, and my hormonally-driven desire to conduct pokemon battles should not be discouraged.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Within the madness in my mind.
    Posts
    52

    Default

    I think I would like to have a double battle sans frontier rules with Ruby and Sapphire. I mean, they're a pretty good combo and with Ruby's exceptional battle skills and Sapphire's natural talent and expertise of the environment, it would be incredibly challenging. It'd be pretty funny to see them argue about certain tactics, and then just as I swoop in for the win, they suddenly turn the tides and destroy my team.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom
    Blue: Because she's hot, and my hormonally-driven desire to conduct pokemon battles should not be discouraged.
    We still talkin' 'bout Pokemon battles here?
    Last edited by Brew; 23rd February 2013 at 1:15 AM. Reason: Reply to above
    A man once said:
    Sincerity is punished in my job, but when we need men, we must adjust to them, and since we cannot win them but by this way, it is not the fault of those who flatter, but those who want to be flattered.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The realms beyond human life
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    I think I would like to have a double battle sans frontier rules with Ruby and Sapphire. I mean, they're a pretty good combo and with Ruby's exceptional battle skills and Sapphire's natural talent and expertise of the environment, it would be incredibly challenging. It'd be pretty funny to see them argue about certain tactics, and then just as I swoop in for the win, they suddenly turn the tides and destroy my team.
    That sounds fun.



    We still talkin' 'bout Pokemon battles here?
    Yes, of course we are. Why wouldn't we be?

    Hilariously. Derailing. One-liner.
    Last edited by Xadhoom; 26th February 2013 at 3:27 PM.
    If anyone wants to contact me, they can do so at the following sites, under the corresponding name.

    Deviantart; XadhoomFanboy.
    Pojo; Xadhoom.
    FF.Net; Zero.Slash.One.
    Serebii Forums; Xadhoom.
    Youtube; Xadhoom Xado.
    MangaFox; Xadhoom.

    I swear I didn't mean to kill that thread! Or the other one! Or any of the twenty-fifty threads I've killed. It was pure luck!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •