Thread: Bouncy Pink & Hot-head red

Default Bouncy Pink & Hot-head red

Well hello people! A short while ago I worked on my first OU team and posted it here on serebii. In the meanwhile it has changed quite allot, so much that it can be called a completely different team. Thats why I will now post another RMT thread hoping you guys can perfect it for me! This team aims to be a balanced team with a mix of very solid crippling walls (the bouncy pinks), and a few hard hitting behemoths The hot-head reds). So let's take a look shall we?

(Mew) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Taunt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Softboiled
    - Psychic

Our first bouncing pink pokemon. This together with Blissey is the defensive core of my team. together they can wall nearly everything. In this case mew is the defensive wall and my lead. Taunt to break loads of leads and will o wisp to cripple attackers and soft boiled to heal, which isnt to hard when forcing switches. Nearly no normal attacker can break mew and will o wisp makes it worse. and if pokes cant handle and you predict a switch, will o wisp to burn the incoming mon. Taunt deals with setup sweepers and walls, making it's only real difficulty special attackers (which blissey can wall with ease) or status (which synchronize likes to bounce back) Psychic is there to deal some dmg to crippled physical attackers and taunted walls.

(Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic

Here is our second bouncy pink wall. As mew deals with pretty much anything physically, blissey is there to switch in and wall nearly anything special. Changed wish support set for stealth rock set. Helps against Dnite if not too late and since the walls force quite some switches, SR might be better Toxic is there to cripple special attackers and different walls, while seismic toss can deal dmg when needed, or on predicted switch ins who are already burned or poisoned. Biggest problem Blissey faces is Gengar, which can't be touched by blissey, and mew isn't a save switch in.

(Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait:
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Surf
    - Recover

The last Pinky bouncy... Well, more red actually. Latias role on the other hand is pretty much in between. Latias is overall one of my main special sweepers, pretty straight forward with life orb, draco meteor, surf and psyschock (to deal with high Spdef pokes) and recover to fill health of latias her excellent bulk. Besides the attacking role it can also take quite some special hit, while having to be less afraid for psyschock of other pokes or secret sword which both Blissey fears. So Latias pretty much fills both roles, but still feels least fitting on the team. Yet there aren't much special bulky special sweepers who do as good as latias do. Some physical attackers might do, but my team already has enough of those.

Genius (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Earth Power
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Rock Polish

Enough withthe cute little walls, time to get to the cool guys, the offensive behemoths of my team. Here is the first member of the red hot-heads! (well actually more orange but w/e). His role is simply to hit hard with great coverage and EQ resistance which makes it easier to switch in. Sheer force and life orb boosts his attacks massively making switch in getting big dents aswell, and most of the time able to take a hit before dying. HP Ice for coverage to deal with pesky dragons (which my team still gets crippled by) and rock polish to boost his mediocre speed on switches to outspeed potent switched in threats.

(Gyarados, shiny) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 176 HP / 128 Atk / 204 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Taunt
    - Bounce

One of my favorite pokemons and def one of the strongest. A bulky DD Gyrados does awesome on this team. Switching on walls, taunting them and setting up a DD on switch. Also because of bulky, possible to take a hit or 2 for DDing some more. Taunt can also be used to simply ruin walls and then switch. Waterfall as main powerful stab, and bounce as coverage move, which even with the turn waiting hurt allot and may even paralyze.

Conkelderp (Conkeldurr, shiny) (M) @ Flame Orb
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Facade
    - Payback

Last offensive pokemon is flame orb conkeldurr. Pretty straight forward set. Mach punch for priority, boosted by guts and his massive attack is always painfull. The fact of not having to worry about other status being induces is also pretty handy. drain punch for recovering health, facade for coverage and big dmg with burn, and payback to deal with ghosts.

The team has done ok mostly with the stalling between mew and Blissey. Gyrados also plays an important role with having taunt as as bulky sweeper. Yet the biggest troubles are (so far I've seen) Gengar, dragons (mostly Dnite). I also get the feeling Latias doesn't really fir in the puzzle like she should. Yet, like described before, can't really figure out which poke could do better. Conkeldurr is kinda a pokemon I really want on this team since I got one exactly like this on my black game (the team is PO, but gonna make it on Wi-Fi when finished) But I feel like it there are better options so ideas for replacments welcome!. Landorus overall does well, but wouldn't mind him being replaced if needed.
    Last edited by Overkill™; 3rd February 2013 at 9:32 AM.
    Signature edited due to exceeding total image size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Have you considered Tentacruel over latias for rapid spin support and giving blissey softboil and stealth rock over wish and protect? Stealth rock will make Dnite more manageable and (I think, not in the mood to do calcs) a specially defensive tentacruel can take on a Gengar. A choice scarf starmie could be another way to manage both Dnite and Gengar. Sorry I'm not doing an overly detailed rate for ya, just kinda throwing some ideas at you to see what you think

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    Have you considered Tentacruel over latias for rapid spin support and giving blissey softboil and stealth rock over wish and protect? Stealth rock will make Dnite more manageable and (I think, not in the mood to do calcs) a specially defensive tentacruel can take on a Gengar. A choice scarf starmie could be another way to manage both Dnite and Gengar. Sorry I'm not doing an overly detailed rate for ya, just kinda throwing some ideas at you to see what you think
    Def gonna try these things! I hope tentacruel fits the spot, and i hope two waters (gyara and tenta) isnt to much, but worth a try to deal with gengar and spin support is also liked by gyara as well as the options to lay toxic spikes (works will with stalling with mew and blissey) So yeah will try this! Just fearing psyschock, since blissey cant take it nor tenta. Mew can, but ccant take much other specials. But will try!

As for blissey, blissey her wish support helps me allot, especially mew, but is hard to get ingame (trading prev gen) and stealth rock can help with pesky dragonite and again to with stalling mewbliss.

Will try these things. Keep the ideas coming people
    Signature edited due to exceeding total image size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Not many people helping me Shame.

If you have that much problems with Gengars and the stronger Dragon type Pokémon why do you not use Weavile?

Adamant, Ini nature is also possible but I prefer Weavile to be really strong and it is normally faster than others anyway.

- Ice Punch
    - Night Slash
    - Fake Out/Low Kick
    - Ice Shard
    Techniloom is still all over OU. Mach Punch. Scizor is also all over OU. Bullet Punch. Weavile's fast and strong but it's too frail in most cases for OU. I've seen it used before but it NEEDS to be paired with something that can take care of Priority users, especially MAch Punchers and Bullet Punchers.

A Pursuit trapper is probably your best bet for the Gengar problem, and for the Dragons, the aforementioned Stealth Rock helps a ton, as does anything that gets Ice Shard, or a Ferrothorn for the physical ones. They're much less likely to spam Outrage on a team that still has its Ferro intact and if anyone's stupid enough to try, they will lose their Dragon, or at the very least it will be crippled. There is a reason I love Ferro. Well, actually many reasons, but wrecking physical dragons is definitely one of em.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Quote Originally Posted by loco1234 View Post
    Techniloom is still all over OU. Mach Punch. Scizor is also all over OU. Bullet Punch. Weavile's fast and strong but it's too frail in most cases for OU. I've seen it used before but it NEEDS to be paired with something that can take care of Priority users, especially MAch Punchers and Bullet Punchers.

A Pursuit trapper is probably your best bet for the Gengar problem, and for the Dragons, the aforementioned Stealth Rock helps a ton, as does anything that gets Ice Shard, or a Ferrothorn for the physical ones. They're much less likely to spam Outrage on a team that still has its Ferro intact and if anyone's stupid enough to try, they will lose their Dragon, or at the very least it will be crippled. There is a reason I love Ferro. Well, actually many reasons, but wrecking physical dragons is definitely one of em.
    Kinda late to reply but ya kinda said what i wanted to said to the previous guy. Weavile to frail for my team, and sub gengar still wrecks weavile. An old friend wich i spoke yesterday (wich rocks competetivly) said it might be worth a try to replace conkel with trapper scizor (replacing roost with superpower, since conkel was pretty much my steel counter). This way i can pursuit trap, with stealth rock hit dragons hopefully hard enough with bullet punch, u-turn, and super power vs steel. While using the stealthrock set on blissey. Havent tested tentacruel yet!

Not sure if this has been mentioned previously but gengar wreaks havoc with your team, he totally laughs at conkeldur and blissey, neither of which can touch him, this forces a switch which means that he's getting a free sub, or one your team is going to have to take a shadow ball to the face, this is no game breaker for gyarados or landorus but it's certainly not good news for mew and Latias. I'm too lazy to run calcs but I'm assuming at the very least it can 2HKO mew and latias and probably landorous, all of which it outspeeds so with a sub up it can take any of them.

What I suggest to counter this is that you swap out conkeldur for scizor, the standard SD set in my opinion. This will not only allow you to stop any gengars in their tracks, probably guaranteeing you either a KO or a free SD if they switch out; but this will also give you a way to at least revenge kill most dragons with bullet punch, even if they're fully DD'd up. Plus scizor isn't exactly a weak inclusion to any team.

Other suggestions I have are that you consider ice beam over psychic on mew so you can hit dragons for more damage. It may also be worth using ice beam over seismic toss on blissey so you can at least try and break gengars sub. Lastly I don't rate bounce as a good move, I'd swap that out for either earthquake or dragon tail, or even ice fang, just not bounce. And on a similar note I'd use moxie over intimidate, intimidate is only good on switch in, your gyarados is intended to stay in and keep dealing the damage so an extra attack boost is more useful in the long run.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

Spoiler:- Seeking Vivilions::

Quote Originally Posted by cheeselord View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned previously but gengar wreaks havoc with your team, he totally laughs at conkeldur and blissey, neither of which can touch him, this forces a switch which means that he's getting a free sub, or one your team is going to have to take a shadow ball to the face, this is no game breaker for gyarados or landorus but it's certainly not good news for mew and Latias. I'm too lazy to run calcs but I'm assuming at the very least it can 2HKO mew and latias and probably landorous, all of which it outspeeds so with a sub up it can take any of them.

What I suggest to counter this is that you swap out conkeldur for scizor, the standard SD set in my opinion. This will not only allow you to stop any gengars in their tracks, probably guaranteeing you either a KO or a free SD if they switch out; but this will also give you a way to at least revenge kill most dragons with bullet punch, even if they're fully DD'd up. Plus scizor isn't exactly a weak inclusion to any team.

Other suggestions I have are that you consider ice beam over psychic on mew so you can hit dragons for more damage. It may also be worth using ice beam over seismic toss on blissey so you can at least try and break gengars sub. Lastly I don't rate bounce as a good move, I'd swap that out for either earthquake or dragon tail, or even ice fang, just not bounce. And on a similar note I'd use moxie over intimidate, intimidate is only good on switch in, your gyarados is intended to stay in and keep dealing the damage so an extra attack boost is more useful in the long run.
    Might have deleted it, but yeah I was aware gengar was a huge threat for my team. A friend has suggested Scizor just likt uou wich I'll def try on my team, replacing Cokeldurr. (I forgot to update this thread) Only problem scizor can't take Dnite. So thought of replacing Latias for choice specs latios. OHKOS dnite w/ multi, dents or kills loads of switch ins and outspeeds even with a DD up. Less spdef thenb latias but would this be a smart move for me too do? Ice beam mew worth a try! will try it out. Moxie noted, makes sense!

One of brest replies so far. Will edit post in a bit!

Since you're running an offensive set anyway it may be worth swapping latias for latios, you already have one of the best special walls in the game anyway. The only slight problem that this could cause is that then you will have two main special attackers so a special wall, take blissey for example will be able to pose more of a threat than previously, especially if its loaded with ice beam. I guess you can still get around this with psyshock but if blissey switches in on a weaker move the opponent gets a free turn while you switch away, this means one of your pokemon is likely to get thunder waved or toxic'd or they'll set up rocks for free. This isn't as much of a problem for latias as its free to change moves at will so it can use psyshock and still recover of any damage. Still try latias out, it may work for you.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

Spoiler:- Seeking Vivilions::