Thread: Evolving Pokemon like Scyther...

Default Evolving Pokemon like Scyther...

I don't have another Generation 2 game other than Silver, but I have Red and Blue from Generation 1. I want to evolve my Scyther, Seadra and Onix, but they have to have a held item in order to evolve. If I trade my Scyther, holding a metal coat, to my Red and back to Silver, will the Scyther evolve or will it stay as a Scyther?
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Yeah... As far as I know if you trade it while holding metal claw it'll evolve into Scizor as soon as it gets moved to Red.

I've done that alot (I breed scizor for silver, you can get the metal coat back if you breed with ditto).
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Just tried it, but the Scyther didn't evolve
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Yep, you need two gen 2 games to make it work, sorry. Question answered, closing thread.

~Psychic