Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Is it possible to get another Dex Holder meeting?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,661

    Default Is it possible to get another Dex Holder meeting?

    Regarding the Dex Holder's aging, is it even possible for them to meet again? For some reason I think Kusaka might be against having adults, early twenty adults, meet. I always thought they would focus more on the younger ones.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Well there wasn't one recently so maybe. Though I don't think it's gonna be a big huddle to stop the menace at the time like before. I think the PWT will be displayed at the end of the chapter and we'll see cameos of Red and Blue participating in the champions category while the other Dexholders sit together in the crowd, if we get any sort of reunion at all which is definitely not guaranteed.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    The only way I see one right now is at the BW2 World Tournament, and even that is 50/50. I want to see the adult versions of the Dexholders. The Kanto and Johto ones will really be adults by then, maybe they'll have kids. The Hoenn ones will be in the middle while the Sinnoh trio will still be kinda young when compared to them, they'll be like what 17 or 18 at the time. If we ever do get another remake of Kanto it will be interesting to see if they had Red and friends continue or simply pull a Digimon ending, and have them be married and produce kids that look nearly exactly like them and name them after the remake names. The possibilities. Also I want to see old woman Sird. She'll be a evil old woman like Agatha with cane and generically say "I'll get you, meddlesome Dexholders!" And she'll shake her cane in anger. A guy can dream or make lame fanfics XD
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Well if it is the case and the Kanto dex holders (doubt the Jhoto dex holders will have kids) then I hope Red and Green (Blue in the Japanese versions) are together I support Luckyshipping.
    These two songs describe me well

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    INSIDE...
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    It's disturbing to me that it seems to bear reminding, but I wouldn't hold my breath about canon ships or kids for any of the previous dex holders. It'd be silly at best.


    SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

    Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    The only way I see one right now is at the BW2 World Tournament, and even that is 50/50. I want to see the adult versions of the Dexholders. The Kanto and Johto ones will really be adults by then, maybe they'll have kids. The Hoenn ones will be in the middle while the Sinnoh trio will still be kinda young when compared to them, they'll be like what 17 or 18 at the time. If we ever do get another remake of Kanto it will be interesting to see if they had Red and friends continue or simply pull a Digimon ending, and have them be married and produce kids that look nearly exactly like them and name them after the remake names. The possibilities. Also I want to see old woman Sird. She'll be a evil old woman like Agatha with cane and generically say "I'll get you, meddlesome Dexholders!" And she'll shake her cane in anger. A guy can dream or make lame fanfics XD
    Why people think Sird will become a old woman like Agatha?

    I think she just the age of Jupiter in DP in the future.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    It's disturbing to me that it seems to bear reminding, but I wouldn't hold my breath about canon ships or kids for any of the previous dex holders. It'd be silly at best.
    This. In my opinion, Kusaka's shipping of Ruby and Sapphire was pushing the limit for the amount of "romance" that belongs in this type of manga. With Generation V, I could probably tolerate Black and White shipping because that's normal behavior for teenagers. Overall, I wish that it would all be kept to a minimum and let the audience decide for themselves what happens.

    As for having kids: oh hell no. It's perfectly normal for people to wait until their mid-to-late twenties (or even their thirties) before having kids. It's a bit disheartening to find out that the characters that had hopes and dreams got immediately married and started procreating like bunnies as soon as they hit the big 1-8. I'd rather Kusaka not go there for the same reason as the shipping, but if he did I would rather see it in some sort of distant future with the youngest Dexholder parent being no younger than 24-25.

    As for the dexholder reunion idea: I feel that the only real opportunity would be the PWT in B2W2. The only reasoning being that the PWT is THE major convergence of all five generations. It's still going to be a bit of a challenge to work all of the Dexholders into the story (especially with the Plasma stuff), but it was still a challenge to get them all to fit in with the Battle Frontier in Emerald. If Kusaka wants to have them back, this would be the time to do it.

    With that said, do I think that because it's possible that it's a good idea? Absolutely not. Emerald worked because there were only ten Dexholders and only when combined with FRLG does it make a complete arc where none of the characters are shafted. We're up to fifteen as of BW (sixteen if you count Cheren's Dex), and B2W2 is going to add more from there. With XY right around the corner and the lengths of Pt and HGSS, I would be surprised to see B2W2 being as long as Emerald. Trying to cram that many characters into the story (on top of Colress and Plasma) would be a freaking trainwreck.

    While I wish that there could have been SOME closure, I think it's time that Kusaka closed the door on the Gen I-IV Dexholders and let a new saga begin with Gen V and leaving into Gen VI. Obviously, I'm not saying to make a clean break in continuity (still reference the older Dexholders and MAYBE, TASTEFULLY cameo one or two as an adult), but just let the general story be done for those first four generations.
    Last edited by Flintoff Cypress; 30th January 2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Doing a bit of clarification
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    An Alternative Reality
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    While I wish that there could have been SOME closure, I think it's time that Kusaka closed the door on the Gen I-IV Dexholders and let a new saga begin with Gen V and leaving into Gen VI. Obviously, I'm not saying to make a clean break in continuity (still reference the older Dexholders and MAYBE, TASTEFULLY cameo one or two as an adult), but just let the general story be done for those first four generations.
    No. The #1 reason is that Game Freak is just like Disney. They can and will reopen the vault and remake their stuff up to the current technology. Eventually Kantou, Johto, and Hoenn are going to get remakes (again in the first two cases) to be workable with the future Nintendo portables and Pokemon games like what happened with FRLG/HGSS. If Kusaka closes the door on Gen I-IV, he's going to be in trouble later. It's best if he starts thinking about the aging factor, the plot with Saque, and everything he wants to do with all that and start making future plans so their story can continue when need be. Then we can possibly get a sense of closure while keeping it open-ended for the future.

    Having tasteful cameos is a good idea, but with the aging problem it'll probably be better to actually separate Gen I-V and VI and on. It doesn't have to be in the future either. It can be an alternative universe or happening at the same time Gen I-V are or something else. That way we get the cameos, but not have the aging problem (yet). Not to mention, we can cure having the crowding of sooo many Dexholders too.

    As for a reunion, I think there could always be a PWT later just not in BW2. I mean, what's stopping him for doing so other than them being adults which can also easily be solved? I say having a reunion is more fitted for a remake arc instead of an arc that introduces new characters and villains. Like Flintoff Cypress said it'll be too much of a trainwreck otherwise since BW2 will probably be rushed (or be volume-only) to start X/Y asap.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

    My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    No. The #1 reason is that Game Freak is just like Disney. They can and will reopen the vault and remake their stuff up to the current technology. Eventually Kantou, Johto, and Hoenn are going to get remakes (again in the first two cases) to be workable with the future Nintendo portables and Pokemon games like what happened with FRLG/HGSS. If Kusaka closes the door on Gen I-IV, he's going to be in trouble later. It's best if he starts thinking about the aging factor, the plot with Saque, and everything he wants to do with all that and start making future plans so their story can continue when need be. Then we can possibly get a sense of closure while keeping it open-ended for the future.
    Sadly, that's a good point. Kusaka would be in quite some trouble if he completely cut off the earlier generations. As stated, an open ending would be the graceful way out. However, I just don't see remakes as being a possibility unless the system is completely gutted in Gen VI to prevent transfers from Gen V. FRLG and HGSS were just there to compensate for the lack of any connectivity between Gen I/II and III+. As long as there's a link, there's absolutely no reason to revisit Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova.

    Having tasteful cameos is a good idea, but with the aging problem it'll probably be better to actually separate Gen I-V and VI and on. It doesn't have to be in the future either. It can be an alternative universe or happening at the same time Gen I-V are or something else. That way we get the cameos, but not have the aging problem (yet). Not to mention, we can cure having the crowding of sooo many Dexholders too.
    ...That could work. A rip in time and space could force Gen I Red/Blue/Green/Yellow to team up with the protagonists of Gen VI+. Sort of like how Sonic Generations worked.

    As for a reunion, I think there could always be a PWT later just not in BW2. I mean, what's stopping him for doing so other than them being adults which can also easily be solved?
    Thinking about this... the PWT, outside of the whole part in the story, is an "extra" battle area not unlike the Battle Frontiers of Gen III and IV. If the Battle Frontiers can carry over from one generation to the next, why not the PWT? Something to think about for the Z version (or X2Y2). That could only work if there wasn't a story bolted onto the concept, however, as Kusaka would have to either shoehorn the Dexholders in or discard the existing plot.
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    No. The #1 reason is that Game Freak is just like Disney. They can and will reopen the vault and remake their stuff up to the current technology. Eventually Kantou, Johto, and Hoenn are going to get remakes (again in the first two cases) to be workable with the future Nintendo portables and Pokemon games like what happened with FRLG/HGSS. If Kusaka closes the door on Gen I-IV, he's going to be in trouble later. It's best if he starts thinking about the aging factor, the plot with Saque, and everything he wants to do with all that and start making future plans so their story can continue when need be. Then we can possibly get a sense of closure while keeping it open-ended for the future.

    Having tasteful cameos is a good idea, but with the aging problem it'll probably be better to actually separate Gen I-V and VI and on. It doesn't have to be in the future either. It can be an alternative universe or happening at the same time Gen I-V are or something else. That way we get the cameos, but not have the aging problem (yet). Not to mention, we can cure having the crowding of sooo many Dexholders too.

    As for a reunion, I think there could always be a PWT later just not in BW2. I mean, what's stopping him for doing so other than them being adults which can also easily be solved? I say having a reunion is more fitted for a remake arc instead of an arc that introduces new characters and villains. Like Flintoff Cypress said it'll be too much of a trainwreck otherwise since BW2 will probably be rushed (or be volume-only) to start X/Y asap.
    If they do appear at the PWT, and that's if we even get a PWT, it might be their last physical appearance. I think from now on Kusaka may do what he did with HGSS, have them cameo in flashbacks. Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow either appeared in a flashback or were mentioned, none of them actually showed up and I think this is how it's going to be for now on unless we get remakes. I can see Hoenn and Kanto getting remakes since they aren't playable on 3DS. It might be years till we get Sinnoh and Unova remake. They are still playable.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    To be honest, I've never really been big on seeing a big Pokedex holder "meeting." It's a cute idea in theory, but I really dislike a lot of the older characters (Blue, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Emerald) and I would be totally okay with never having to see most of them again. Plus, most of their storylines have been finished and I wouldn't really like to just see them thrown in solely for the sake of fanservice. I'd like it to be relevant to the plot somehow, this is an action manga after all.

    That being said, it would be nice to see a familiar face or two every now and then (Red's always welcome for appearances in my book), but just because one or two show up it doesn't mean everyone has to. The kids are their own people, I'd like to think that they would socialize somewhat with people outside of their Pokedex clique.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I would really look forward to another Meeting with Dexleader Red, though he hasn't appeared in the Manga properly since the Emerald Arc, nor has Yellow.... Maybe its another hint.

    But I hardly doubt that Red and Blue/Green (Female) Will ever be in a romatic relationship as:

    It has been Annonced that Red and Yellow have been in a Lovers Relationship since 2005..... Read it on Bulbapedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...pecialShipping)
    +
    Last edited by Ecrilthir; 6th February 2013 at 8:40 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    It has been Annonced that Red and Yellow have been in a Lovers Relationship since 2005..... Read it on Bulbapedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...pecialShipping)
    I didn't see that in the article. Maybe because it's not true and it has already been blammed in the latest revision. People adding stuff to wikis without proper citations to back it up are why we can't have nice things.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    An Alternative Reality
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Sadly, that's a good point. Kusaka would be in quite some trouble if he completely cut off the earlier generations. As stated, an open ending would be the graceful way out. However, I just don't see remakes as being a possibility unless the system is completely gutted in Gen VI to prevent transfers from Gen V. FRLG and HGSS were just there to compensate for the lack of any connectivity between Gen I/II and III+. As long as there's a link, there's absolutely no reason to revisit Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova.
    Isn't remakes based on backwards compatibility? That's what I thought it was. Basically that when a system gets upgraded but can't support the previous 2 systems then a remake is needed to have transfers. (3DS can't support transfers from Hoenn/Kantou as it's on the GBA.) But, I guess it's possible they'll be having all of the pokemon in one gen every time that happens, so they won't have remake the games. And the older games can be available on the VC. That's what X/Y seems to be doing.

    If that's the case, once it's proven there will be no more remakes, Kusaka can then end Gen I-V anyway he likes. He can finally end Saque without having a certain way to stick to which would be nice.


    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    ...That could work. A rip in time and space could force Gen I Red/Blue/Green/Yellow to team up with the protagonists of Gen VI+. Sort of like how Sonic Generations worked.
    That's a good idea. There could also be background cameos in Gen VI+'s timeline of the protags from Gen I-V that way we get a little something every now and then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Thinking about this... the PWT, outside of the whole part in the story, is an "extra" battle area not unlike the Battle Frontiers of Gen III and IV. If the Battle Frontiers can carry over from one generation to the next, why not the PWT? Something to think about for the Z version (or X2Y2). That could only work if there wasn't a story bolted onto the concept, however, as Kusaka would have to either shoehorn the Dexholders in or discard the existing plot.
    True. I was thinking all along the lines that if there is ever a sister game again rather than sequels or for any remakes of Kantou/Johto where the story has already been done, he could use PWT instead of rehashing any stories. That way, the Dexholders can have their own story without worrying about the existing plot and Kusaka can have some fun with the freedom.

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    If they do appear at the PWT, and that's if we even get a PWT, it might be their last physical appearance. I think from now on Kusaka may do what he did with HGSS, have them cameo in flashbacks. Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow either appeared in a flashback or were mentioned, none of them actually showed up and I think this is how it's going to be for now on unless we get remakes. I can see Hoenn and Kanto getting remakes since they aren't playable on 3DS. It might be years till we get Sinnoh and Unova remake. They are still playable.
    That's what I'm thinking as well unless he plans on connecting Gen VI to the previous gens. At the most, we'll probably see Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, and/or White coming back to be involved in the action since they're still young and fresh. The last 5 are more likely due to the years before any possible remakes and how new they still are.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

    My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    I didn't see that in the article. Maybe because it's not true and it has already been blammed in the latest revision. People adding stuff to wikis without proper citations to back it up are why we can't have nice things.
    It is not incorrect, but it is not correct either.

    At least in the opinion of some people, it's still controversial due official filling (?) make it ambiguous.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Isn't remakes based on backwards compatibility? That's what I thought it was. Basically that when a system gets upgraded but can't support the previous 2 systems then a remake is needed to have transfers. (3DS can't support transfers from Hoenn/Kantou as it's on the GBA.) But, I guess it's possible they'll be having all of the pokemon in one gen every time that happens, so they won't have remake the games. And the older games can be available on the VC. That's what X/Y seems to be doing.
    Isn't that what I said? There's two reasons going around on why Gen II couldn't transfer to Gen III. The first, hardware compatability between a GBC and a GBA game, isn't exactly an issue in this case as the 3DS can provide a way to transfer from Gen V (or even IV) due to the DS/3DS communicating via a standardized protocol (WiFi). The second reason, that they (supposedly) changed so much of the inner mechanics between the Gen II and III, is the one we have to worry about again. They could do it again for Gen VI, but I can't see that happening.

    As far as Nintendo/Game Freak is concerned, as long as they keep Gen V to VI compatibility, you have a way to get your Hoenn fix. Even if you have to transfer between four games to get it. Maybe Virtual Console on the 3DS will provide some form of compatibility and completely eliminate the need for remakes in the future.

    It is not incorrect, but it is not correct either.

    At least in the opinion of some people, it's still controversial due official filling (?) make it ambiguous.
    And that brings us to another problem: ambiguity. Kusaka loves to do this ****, and it causes people to get the wrong idea. Does somebody have a link to where he supposedly said this?
    Last edited by Flintoff Cypress; 7th February 2013 at 5:22 PM. Reason: Math is hard.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Isn't that what I said? There's two reasons going around on why Gen II couldn't transfer to Gen III. The first, hardware compatability between a GBC and a GBA game, isn't exactly an issue in this case as the 3DS can provide a way to transfer from Gen V (or even IV) due to the DS/3DS communicating via a standardized protocol (WiFi). The second reason, that they (supposedly) changed so much of the inner mechanics between the Gen II and III, is the one we have to worry about again. They could do it again for Gen VI, but I can't see that happening.

    As far as Nintendo/Game Freak is concerned, as long as they keep Gen V to VI compatibility, you have a way to get your Hoenn fix. Even if you have to transfer between four games to get it. Maybe Virtual Console on the 3DS will provide some form of compatibility and completely eliminate the need for remakes in the future.



    And that brings us to another problem: ambiguity. Kusaka loves to do this bullsh, and it causes people to get the wrong idea. Does somebody have a link to where he supposedly said this?
    I don't think that comparability is the only reason for remakes. I remember I read somewhere that there's a change RS remakes will be made if the fans want it. So they could still make remakes for the fans to re experience an old region with the mechanics and graphics that didn't existed at the time when the original game was released yet. I'd love to go through the Hoen region in 3D style and read a RS remake arc. I can see the funniest dexowners again.

    I did read something on the main site at Yellow's profile. Just check under character overview. But well most shipping related thing in wiki is total crap. Some people love to write lies on these sites about their OTP. I don't see any point in doing it, since is won't change the manga and some people will view them as immature. I stick to what I know from reading PokeSP.
    Last edited by Dreamingflower; 7th February 2013 at 6:58 PM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    I don't think that comparability is the only reason for remakes. I remember I read somewhere that there's a change RS remakes will be made if the fans want it. So they could still make remakes for the fans to re experience an old region with the mechanics and graphics that didn't existed at the time when the original game was released yet. I'd love to go through the Hoen region in 3D style and read a RS remake arc. I can see the funniest dexowners again.
    Now, while a remake would be impractical, a sequel would be appropriate. It would be a way to revisit Hoenn (and the creatures of Gen III) and add more to the story. It would be neat to see how Hoenn has changed over the course of ten or so years.

    I did read something on the main site at Yellow's profile. Just check under character overview. But well most shipping related thing in wiki is total crap. Some people love to write lies on these sites about their OTP. I don't see any point in doing it, since is won't change the manga and some people will view them as immature. I stick to what I know from reading PokeSP.
    I went to Yellow's profile at Netkun and gave it a quick whirl through Google Translate. My results are inconclusive, but the Bio does mention Red (probably how she was first seen in the RGB chapter). Maybe someone with some Japanese knowledge could give their insights on this?

    (I think talking about shipping is getting dangerously close to fanon when done on Wikis. Bulbapedia keeps this tasteful by being strictly informative and luckily the editors strictly enforce this rule. There's other wikis (not Pokemon related) that are almost 100% unreliable due to fanon seeping.)

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post

    I went to Yellow's profile at Netkun and gave it a quick whirl through Google Translate. My results are inconclusive, but the Bio does mention Red (probably how she was first seen in the RGB chapter). Maybe someone with some Japanese knowledge could give their insights on this?

    (I think talking about shipping is getting dangerously close to fanon when done on Wikis. Bulbapedia keeps this tasteful by being strictly informative and luckily the editors strictly enforce this rule. There's other wikis (not Pokemon related) that are almost 100% unreliable due to fanon seeping.)
    This is an old page I do not know whether there are reservations, but it did once exist.

    Like Crys's mom had appeared in the description of characters in the old official website.

    Old fans should have seen this page.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    72

    Default

    I'm ok with another Dex holder meeting as long as the plot is able to further develop the personality of the characters. Kusaka is already playing catch up with BW2, not to mention Pokemon X and Y. I wonder if he would even have enough time to produce new stories at the pace of nintendo.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    From what I know, the only reasons for remakes are that the original games were incompatible with the current games which makes obtaining all Pokemon for the Pokedex harder and the chronology for the remake games fit with the current games (i.e. FRLG took place at the same time as RSE and HGSS took place at the same time as DPPt). RSE is still compatible with the current games and I'm pretty sure it will be for XY (don't know why people think that the 3DS is incompatible with the original DS which was compatible with the original Game Boy). And plus RSE remakes would never have been compatible with BW/B2W2 because they don't take place at the same time. The game creators still tried their best to satisfy their fans though. Look at all the Generation III hint bombs dropped all over Generation V. So as long as RSE Pokemon can still be transferred to X & Y (lots of migrations though) and the time of Generation VI isn't the same time as Generation III then there will be no remakes. Me personally, I don't want a remake for RSE anyway. The originals were good enough.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    From what I know, the only reasons for remakes are that the original games were incompatible with the current games which makes obtaining all Pokemon for the Pokedex harder and the chronology for the remake games fit with the current games (i.e. FRLG took place at the same time as RSE and HGSS took place at the same time as DPPt). RSE is still compatible with the current games and I'm pretty sure it will be for XY (don't know why people think that the 3DS is incompatible with the original DS which was compatible with the original Game Boy). And plus RSE remakes would never have been compatible with BW/B2W2 because they don't take place at the same time. The game creators still tried their best to satisfy their fans though. Look at all the Generation III hint bombs dropped all over Generation V. So as long as RSE Pokemon can still be transferred to X & Y (lots of migrations though) and the time of Generation VI isn't the same time as Generation III then there will be no remakes. Me personally, I don't want a remake for RSE anyway. The originals were good enough.
    When you say it like that it makes me really want to see the Johto Dexholders meet the Sinnoh ones, if only for the timeline thing you mentioned. That and I want to see Dia and Pearl hang with Gold and Silver. Bromance all the way. But I agree that RSE is still compatible with current games...I mean granted you have a DS lite. I don't know how you pull it off with a DSi, is it possible? But I'm sure XY will be able to get stuff from the DS generation and therefore the RSE games as well, but like you said lots of migrations.

    I still would love to see the Sinnoh gang meet their seniors someday. It's nothing major but seeing as how the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn gang were not that old I thought they could pull it off. And I still think all the Dexholders could have united if Arceus went mad and split himself into all his forms to destroy the world. Epic Dexholder reunion right there, but oh well.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,563

    Default

    Has it ever been confirmed what the timeline is? HG/SS and D/P/Pt are the last know mentions of where the time is at, since HG/SS takes place before D/P/Pt, and Gold, Silver, and Chris are at the age of 16 taking three years after the Sevii Islands. Since B/W don't really have a timeline since they have yet to include any old characters if they wanted to weave the old characters back they could set it at the same time as the ending of D/P/Pt or some months after. Unova is of course far away from these regions.

    It'd work as the oldest would only be about 19 years old. Which is still REALLY young. If they do however show the others again in the PWT.
    #BuyUltraviolance

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    This. In my opinion, Kusaka's shipping of Ruby and Sapphire was pushing the limit for the amount of "romance" that belongs in this type of manga. With Generation V, I could probably tolerate Black and White shipping because that's normal behavior for teenagers. Overall, I wish that it would all be kept to a minimum and let the audience decide for themselves what happens.

    As for having kids: oh hell no. It's perfectly normal for people to wait until their mid-to-late twenties (or even their thirties) before having kids. It's a bit disheartening to find out that the characters that had hopes and dreams got immediately married and started procreating like bunnies as soon as they hit the big 1-8. I'd rather Kusaka not go there for the same reason as the shipping, but if he did I would rather see it in some sort of distant future with the youngest Dexholder parent being no younger than 24-25.

    As for the dexholder reunion idea: I feel that the only real opportunity would be the PWT in B2W2. The only reasoning being that the PWT is THE major convergence of all five generations. It's still going to be a bit of a challenge to work all of the Dexholders into the story (especially with the Plasma stuff), but it was still a challenge to get them all to fit in with the Battle Frontier in Emerald. If Kusaka wants to have them back, this would be the time to do it.

    With that said, do I think that because it's possible that it's a good idea? Absolutely not. Emerald worked because there were only ten Dexholders and only when combined with FRLG does it make a complete arc where none of the characters are shafted. We're up to fifteen as of BW (sixteen if you count Cheren's Dex), and B2W2 is going to add more from there. With XY right around the corner and the lengths of Pt and HGSS, I would be surprised to see B2W2 being as long as Emerald. Trying to cram that many characters into the story (on top of Colress and Plasma) would be a freaking trainwreck.

    While I wish that there could have been SOME closure, I think it's time that Kusaka closed the door on the Gen I-IV Dexholders and let a new saga begin with Gen V and leaving into Gen VI. Obviously, I'm not saying to make a clean break in continuity (still reference the older Dexholders and MAYBE, TASTEFULLY cameo one or two as an adult), but just let the general story be done for those first four generations.
    Gen I~III I understand. But why Gen IV? There still hasn't been indications of how long Gen V took place after Gen IV. So DPPt trio COULD BE 16 right?

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    The only way a reunion would work is if Celebi de-ages them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •