Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anime Catching Up To Japan!

so... who/what was helping Ash and co. deflect Pikachu and Axew's attacks? It looked like either Stunfisk/Emolga and Oshawott/Palpitoad with hydropump?

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    so... who/what was helping Ash and co. deflect Pikachu and Axew's attacks? It looked like either Stunfisk/Emolga and Oshawott/Palpitoad with hydropump?
    No, Pikachu and Axew were attacking Team Plasma Pokemon with Thunderbolt and Dragon Rage. The Team Plasma Pokemon were Beartic and Galvantula, using Ice Beam and Electro Ball respectively.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    No, Pikachu and Axew were attacking Team Plasma Pokemon with Thunderbolt and Dragon Rage. The Team Plasma Pokemon were Beartic and Galvantula, using Ice Beam and Electro Ball respectively.
    oh, and then after they get controlled, that's when they attack Ash and co. I can't wait for these episodes ^.^

I kind of would like it if Ash could use Krookidile to finally beat Pikachu, since it lost all its battles against Pika. I doubt that will happen...

but back on topic, would the voice actors of America really need to wait on the Japanese dub? They could always do the first few episodes in advanced. For all we know, they could already have like 10-20 episodes completed.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    oh, and then after they get controlled, that's when they attack Ash and co. I can't wait for these episodes ^.^

I kind of would like it if Ash could use Krookidile to finally beat Pikachu, since it lost all its battles against Pika. I doubt that will happen...

but back on topic, would the voice actors of America really need to wait on the Japanese dub? They could always do the first few episodes in advanced. For all we know, they could already have like 10-20 episodes completed.
    The problem with that is, neither of us really know the process of these things. As it stands now, I'm sure the dub is doing all it can to maintain the pace set now. They dictate the pace so that they are able to keep up and take breaks when they need to. But yes the dubs do have to wait for the JP dub because the other dubs only translate the original Japanese dub, not write for it, so they wouldn't have anything to go on.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I think they are doing this so this saga will be over much or less at the same time. Because if XY are going to be released worldwide and at the same time, I guess they want to anime to debut at the same time.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    I think they are doing this so this saga will be over much or less at the same time. Because if XY are going to be released worldwide and at the same time, I guess they want to anime to debut at the same time.
    But it's not possible for that to happen, not without complications.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I imagine there's some way around it, similar to how voiced videogames are released simultaneously. And while not voice acted, the Pokemon games are now able to be released in several languages at once.

The only real issue I see is they have to finish work on season 16 and start season 17 at the same time as Japan.

Either way I would love the gap to be even smaller than it is right now.

I remember a few years back when they had a new ep of DP every single day. Those were the good times. They need to do that to catch up

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I remember a few years back when they had a new ep of DP every single day. Those were the good times. They need to do that to catch up
    They never did that.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    They never did that.
    It wasn't DP, because DP was dubbed by TPCI.

But I do think it happened with 4kids and the AG series, but only because they were a year behind and could do that.

I think Battle Frontier also did this for the same reason (but I could be wrong).

Also what's the point of this thread?

Edit: However, there is the other countries that do air a lot of dubbed episodes BEFORE the US. I think that's what he meant.

If I'm not mistaken there was like 3 or more episodes that aired day after day, I think ending with Dawn's Swinub evolving, I think in DP.

It happened recently too, if I'm not mistaken a country aired the rest of the Rivals Destiny episodes, while the US was still airing dubbed episodes week after week, but I don't think it happened day after day, however.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 31st January 2013 at 8:22 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12