Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help OU team.

Default Need help OU team.

I'm new in competitive, so I will need a lot of help to make this a good competitive Team.

Dragonite

Item:
    Leftovers

Ability:
    Multiscale

Moves:
    - Dragon Dance
    - Fire Punch
    - Roost
    - Outrage

Nature:
    - Adamant

EVs:
    252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe

My first choice was Dragonite, he has a good Atk stat and his ability Multiscale can be really helpful against another Dragon type. Dragon Dance so I can make him even more powerful and faster, Fire Punch for Steel type pokemons, roost so I can recover my HP for using Multiscale again and outrage for his STAB move.

Scizor

Item:
    Choice Band

Ability:
    Technician

Moves:
    - U-Turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Nature:
    - Adamant

EVs:
    252 Atk/ 248 HP/ 8 Sp.D

I chose this Scizor for revenge kill, with his huge Atk and Technician he can revenge with Bullet Punch, U-Turn can defeat Psychic enemies like Latios, Alakazan, Starmie and also Switch to another pokemon, Superpower to hit Steel pokemons like Heatran and Pursuit to make a huge damage against fleeing pokemons, specially Psychic and Ghost type enemies.

Gengar

Item:
    Leftovers

Ability:
    Levitate

Moves:
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Disable
    - Substitute

Nature:
    - Timid

EVs:
    252 Sp.A/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe

Gengar, my favorite pokemon, he is very strong and fast, the problem is that he is very fragile that's why I chose Leftovers as his item, Substitute so I can see what move my opponent will use and then disable it, Shadow Ball for his STAB move and Focus blast for coverage Dark, Normal and Steel enemies.

Metagross

Item:
    Leftovers

Ability:
    Clear Body

Moves:
    - Meteor Mash
    - Stealth Rock
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Ice Punch

Nature:
    - Adamant

EVs:
    252 Atk/ 252 Hp/ 4 Spe

Metagross, I like him because he has a nice defense and he is Psychic so I have a better coverage against fighting type enemies, Meteor Mash can make a lot of damage and has a chance to boost even more his Atk, like I said, he has a nice defense then I can Stealth Rock without problems, Zen Headbutt for taking out fighting enemies and Ice Punch so I have a coverage against Ground and Dragon type enemies.

Starmie

Item:
    Leftovers

Ability:
    Natural Cure

Moves:
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Rapid Spin

Nature:
    - Timid

EVs:
    252 Sp.A/ 4 Sp.D/ 252 Spe

I really like this Starmie, because he has a high Sp.Atk, a huge Speed, nice coverage and can support my team with Rapid Spin. For his STAB I chose Hydro Pump because with his high Sp.Atk he can help me against Fire and Ground enemies, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt for better coverage and Rapid Spin to support my team by taking out Stealth Rock, Spike and Toxic Spikes.

Gliscor

Item:
    Toxic Orb

Ability:
    Poison Heal

Moves:
    - Substitute
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    - Earthquake

Nature:
    - Impish

EVs:
    252 HP/ 56 Def/ 200 Spe

I chose Gliscor because he has Eletric immunity and can heal 1/8 HP each turn with Poison Heal and Toxic Orb, Substitute and Protect will make him survive while he poison his enemy to death with Toxic and Earthquake for STAB and coverage Steel type enemies.

I'd like some advices on what Nature/Ability/Pokemon/Evs I can change for making a better competitive Team. Thank you and sorry for my bad english.
    Last edited by Darklyon; 10th February 2013 at 4:04 PM.
    3DS FC: 0344-9667-2080

National Dex Complete!
    I'm looking for HA and Shiny pokemons.
    I can Breed 5/6 Iv's and Egg Moves!
    Friend Safari Ground: Phanpy, Marowak, and Diggersby.
    Some Legendaries for trade: Zapdos (Still not caught, so you can choose the nature), Mewtwo (Quiet or a nature of your choice), Regirock (Impish), Uxie (Rash), Mesprit (Rash) and Azelf (Adamant)

All my pokemons are legit and not cloned, therefore I only accept legits and not cloned pokemons, If interested PM me with your offers.

You need descriptions so we can help you better. Change to Bold on Vaporeon, Timid on Gengar, and Adamant on Lucario. Use Justified as Lucario's Ability
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

I'd recommend dugtrio for your last mon for taking on electric types. Though descriptions could help some

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Updated with descriptions, as well as the required 6th team member. Good luck with your team! ^_^

Thank you. xD

National Dex Complete!
    Some Legendaries for trade: Zapdos (Still not caught, so you can choose the nature), Mewtwo (Quiet or a nature of your choice), Regirock (Impish), Uxie (Rash), Mesprit (Rash) and Azelf (Adamant)

All my pokemons are legit and not cloned, therefore I only accept legits and not cloned pokemons, If interested PM me with your offers.

If your metagross is banded why does it know stealth rock?
    If you want An offensive tank metagross, replace sr with earthquake or bullet punch

Or you could go with suicide lead metagross.
    Moves: sr, reflect, light screen, and explosion.
    If you don't want dual screens, then give it trick and hold an iron ball to cripple a Pokemon, then once your job is done, explosion.
    You can even boost it with a normal gem
    Good luck on your team
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    If your metagross is banded why does it know stealth rock?
    If you want An offensive tank metagross, replace sr with earthquake or bullet punch

Or you could go with suicide lead metagross.
    Moves: sr, reflect, light screen, and explosion.
    If you don't want dual screens, then give it trick and hold an iron ball to cripple a Pokemon, then once your job is done, explosion.
    You can even boost it with a normal gem
    Good luck on your team
    Actually, I forgot to change the item, sorry. Updated with leftovers and lucario's ability.
    EDIT: I updated gengar's moves with disable instead thunderbolt.
    Last edited by Darklyon; 30th January 2013 at 12:59 PM.

National Dex Complete!

For Lucario, I recommend changing Shadow Claw/Ice Punch to Extremespeed. When it gets up an SD, Extremespeeds do massive damage to anything it doesn't resist. Often they become late game sweepers and difficult to kill, especially since they have a +2 priority move that does 80 damage. If you go for this, then also change the nature to Adamant, because the extra attack is really nice. Speed isn't needed with a priority move.
    Last edited by NaCl; 30th January 2013 at 6:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    For Lucario, I recommend changing Shadow Claw/Ice Punch to Extremespeed. When it gets up an SD, Extremespeeds do massive damage to anything it doesn't resist. Often they become late game sweepers and difficult to kill, especially since they have a +2 priority move that does 80 damage. If you go for this, then also change the nature to Adamant, because the extra attack is really nice. Speed isn't needed with a priority move.
    Ok, Thank you for the support, I updated my team with Lucario's Adamant nature and Extremespeed instead Shadow Claw.

National Dex Complete!

I second Extremespeed, it's an amazing move.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Black Sludge, IMO, is a very risky item. If they ever Trick you, they can just Trick the Sludge on another Pokemon and cripple you. I always use Leftovers > Black Sludge just to be safe. Besides, it's not like Sludge heals more than Leftovers anyway.

Hey , I hope i can help you out a little.

Dragonite - Life orb or maybe leftovers instead of the Lum Berry . My problem with the berry is that your dragonite is better made to give hits then survival.
    Lucario - If you can read a player and switch in on a enemy who is about to use a dark move that would be great. But opponents online usually wouldn't hit a lucario with a dark move on purpose. Tactically Justified could be better but the safer route is Inner Focus [ I think they are both equally as good, just throwing out some insight.]

Vaper - The surf move slot can be replaced with scald [ weaker but 30% chance to cause burn. A burned pokemon's attack is lowered.] Or you can go big with hydro pump! Surf is the safe move though.

I noticed you don't have a revenge killer. Revenge killers are pokemon that are usually taken out after a death to swiftly finish of a weakened pokemon. Scizor with a choice scarf is a dangerous, speedy killer but not very original. I would take Scizor over Gliscor though , the appearance of ice moves is more than that of Scizor's weaknesses because of the mainstreamness of dragons.

Take my opinion or not. Thank you for your time, hoped i helped. If you ever need to test your team out let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by fire r a g e View Post
    Black Sludge, IMO, is a very risky item. If they ever Trick you, they can just Trick the Sludge on another Pokemon and cripple you. I always use Leftovers > Black Sludge just to be safe. Besides, it's not like Sludge heals more than Leftovers anyway.
    Thank you, I don't know why but I thought that Black Sludge was better than Leftovers in recovering, then I will replace Black Sludge with Leftovers

Quote Originally Posted by Zone View Post
    Hey , I hope i can help you out a little.

Dragonite - Life orb or maybe leftovers instead of the Lum Berry . My problem with the berry is that your dragonite is better made to give hits then survival.
    Lucario - If you can read a player and switch in on a enemy who is about to use a dark move that would be great. But opponents online usually wouldn't hit a lucario with a dark move on purpose. Tactically Justified could be better but the safer route is Inner Focus [ I think they are both equally as good, just throwing out some insight.]

Vaper - The surf move slot can be replaced with scald [ weaker but 30% chance to cause burn. A burned pokemon's attack is lowered.] Or you can go big with hydro pump! Surf is the safe move though.

I noticed you don't have a revenge killer. Revenge killers are pokemon that are usually taken out after a death to swiftly finish of a weakened pokemon. Scizor with a choice scarf is a dangerous, speedy killer but not very original. I would take Scizor over Gliscor though , the appearance of ice moves is more than that of Scizor's weaknesses because of the mainstreamness of dragons.

Take my opinion or not. Thank you for your time, hoped i helped. If you ever need to test your team out let me know.
    Dragonite - I will replace Lum berry with Leftovers.

Lucario - I'll use Justified because if someone use Dark moves on Gengar I can change to Lucario boosting his attack.

Vaporeon - I'll use Scald, 30% chance to cause burn is always good ^.^.

Revenge Killer - I like this idea but the problem with Scizor is that I will have three Steel pokemons on my team, should I replace one?

Updated my team with all this changes.
    Last edited by Darklyon; 31st January 2013 at 11:28 AM.

National Dex Complete!

Scizor is fine. More steels means more assurance against Dragon type moves. Besides, you have 2 good fire resistors.
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Air Ballon Flame Charge Heatran is a huge threat to this team. At +1 only Vappy can do anything and if it's gone, expect a clean sweep.

Gengar needs Timid for SubDisable to work as it's speed is what makes it so viable.

EQ > Fire Punch or Roost IMO as you can sack Lucario with ESpeed on Heatran to break balloon then EQ with DNite as it's special bulky especially with Multiscale allows it to survive an HP Ice I believe.

As long as Multiscale is intact, DNite can live a HP Ice, but if rocks are down (which they probably will be cause you have no spinner), it'll OHKO.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

IMO, with DNite's ability and in order to maximize output from it, you should really add a spinner to your team. I don't see what Vaporeon does for your team, so I'd replace her with a Tentacruel or Starmie.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Thanks everyone for helping me, so what do you guys think about this Scizor instead Gliscor:
    Scizor

Item:
    Choice Band

Ability:
    Technician

Moves:
    - U-Turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Nature:
    - Adamant

EVs:
    252 Atk/ 252 HP/ 4 Sp.D

I chose this Scizor for revenge kill, with his huge Atk and Technician he can revenge with Bullet Punch, U-Turn can defeat Psychic enemies like Latios, Alakazan, Starmie and also Switch to another pokemon, Superpower to hit Steel pokemons like Heatran and Pursuit to make a huge damage against fleeing Psychic pokemons.

And this Starmie instead Vaporeon:
    Starmie

Item:
    Leftovers

Ability:
    Natural Cure

Moves:
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Rapid Spin

Nature:
    - Timid

EVs:
    252 Sp.A/ 4 Sp.D/ 252 Spe

I like this Starmie because he has a high Sp.Atk, a huge Speed, nice coverage and can support my team with Rapid Spin. For his STAB I chose Hydro Pump because with his high Sp.Atk he can help me against Fire and Ground enemies, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt for better coverage and Rapid Spin to support my team by taking out Stealth Rock, Spike and Toxic Spikes.

I also updated my gengar with Timid Nature.

National Dex Complete!

I'd keep Gliscor, as it gives you a good defensive wall that can stall your opponent out with Toxic and Protect while healing itself thanks to Toxic Heal. If anything, change your Lucario to CB Scizor. Since you're not using Lucario's SpA stat, I think Scizor would help your team more. For one, it isn't as frail as Luke and it has a Technician boosted Bullet Punch that cleanly revenge kills many threats such as Tyranitar and Terrakion. Good luck with your team!

Here is my recommended change:
        Spoiler:- Scizor:

248 HP gives it an odd HP number so it can switch into SR one extra time without fainting. Max Atk to top off his attacking power and drop the 8 remaining EVs off in to SpD.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Well, I've been thinking but I can't decide if I replace Lucario or Gliscor, or maybe if don't I replace any but then I won't have Scizor to revenge. The problem is I really like them, I know that scizor is better than Lucario on my team but Lucario is one of my favorites pokemon T.T, and if I choose to keep them replacing Gliscor, I won't have a nice wall that can toxic and protect himself while recovering, that's pretty awesome.
    Please guys help me choosing two between, Lucario, Scizor and Gliscor. And thank you everyone that helped me, I can feel that my team is much better than before.
    I also updated my team with Starmie instead Vaporeon.
    Last edited by Darklyon; 3rd February 2013 at 11:31 AM.

National Dex Complete!

Well, I already gave you a good reason to choose Scizor over Lucario.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Ok, I chose Scizor over Lucario. How is my team now? Do you guys think I have some chance on future competitions or I need to do more changes?

National Dex Complete!

Ice Fang > Substitue. Landorus/Latias/Latios and everything else that is part-Flying or has levitate stops it cold. 27 fully evolved with levitate, 55 flying (54 if you minus Fan Rotom twice) that equals 81 Pokemon you can't hit, most flying types can be hit neutrally/super effective from Ice Fang and all pokemon from Levitate get hit neutrally/super effective bar Bronzong/Bronzor. Much better option imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7437 View Post
    Ice Fang > Substitue. Landorus/Latias/Latios and everything else that is part-Flying or has levitate stops it cold. 27 fully evolved with levitate, 55 flying (54 if you minus Fan Rotom twice) that equals 81 Pokemon you can't hit, most flying types can be hit neutrally/super effective from Ice Fang and all pokemon from Levitate get hit neutrally/super effective bar Bronzong/Bronzor. Much better option imo.
    You mean Gengar right? If so Ice fang is a bad idea because it's a physical move, but if the problem is flying I could use Thunderbolt like in my previously moveset, and for Latias/Latios I have Shadow Ball.

National Dex Complete!

I think he's talking about Gliscor perhaps? Seems like the only logical thing to me but Toxic already takes the twins and Landorus and Gliscor shouldn't be facing the Lati twins anyways unless it's behind a Sub as Draco Meteor will pretty much OHKO and Landy-T can OHKO with HP Ice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast