Thread: Team whatever. (Crappy CAP team)

Hybrid View

Default Team whatever. (Crappy CAP team)

No theme for this one, just a CAP team I pulled out of my *** after reading Loco's team... ._.

Okay, here we go.

Fidgit @ Leftovers
    Timid - Vital Spirit
    252 Speed, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Def
    -Wish
    -Spikes
    -Rapid Spin
    -Earth Power

Meet the premiere support pokemon of CAP, Fidgit. With endless support options at his disposal, he's extremely versatile, so I went with a hazard control lead. Spikes and Rapid Spin are pretty self-explanatory, and then Wish gives me healing. Earth Power does some decent damage to opposing Fidgit leads, letting me beat them while they set up and then proceed to spin their hazards away.

Colossoil @ Life Orb
    Adamant - Guts
    252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Defence
    -Earthquake
    -Sucker Punch
    -Pursuit
    -Rapid Spin

Here's what I'm looking to replace. Initially, I was running a Deo-D lead, which is why I have Rapid Spin. Dual Spinners have saved me in the past but I don't really feel it's necessary, especially when my team isn't particularly hazard-weak. Then after that, it's just a bulky attacker. I'm open to alternatives though. I'm thinking about your generic Kitsunoh scout here.

Aurumoth @ Choice Scarf
    Modest - No Guard
    252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Blizzard
    -Thunder
    -Focus Blast
    -Hydro Pump

With No Guard and decent Speed, Aurumoth practically screams "Scarf me and revengekill **** with me", so that's what I did. Blizzard and Thunder are like BeamBolt on steroids, and Focus Blast hits even more st00f super-effectively. Hydro Pump is nice for abuse against opposing Rain teams.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Timid - Flash Fire
    252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
    -Fire Blast
    -Earth Power
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Flame Charge

So I first introduced Loco to this set, and then he used it on his CAP team, and now I'm... counterstealing it, I suppose? ._. Anyways, after realizing Heatran mauls most of the CAPmons, especially FC Heatran, why not use it? After a Flame Charge it outspeeds pretty much everything you see in CAP bar random Scarfers, and it can threaten nearly all the CAPmons with its decent coverage.

Necturna @ Salac Berry
    Adamant - Forewarn
    240 Attack, 252 Speed, 12 HP
    -Substitute
    -Horn Leech
    -Shadow Claw
    -Sacred Fire

I'm still tweaking this one a little, I'm considering just Banding it, but the idea is... Well, pretty much the idea behind any other SubSalac'er. Use Substitute till Salac Berry activates, giving you a Scarf boost without the drawback of not being able to switch moves. I tried a SubSS set, but the lack of coverage hurts. Anyways, Horn Leech + Shadow Claw + Sacred Fire is pretty much the best coverage Necturna can get, hitting everything except opposing Heatran hard.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Bold - Natural Cure
    252 Defence, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Def
    -Thunder Wave
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Heal Bell

So... I wasn't really sure what to fit into the last slot of my team, so I just went with the rule I learned when I first started playing competitively; when in doubt, use a Blissey. It works amazingly. Thunder Wave support lets my slower Colossoil and Necturna sweep a little easier, and Heal Bell lets me rid my own team of problematic statuses. Then, WishProtect for healing or passing massive wishes to her teammates on switches.

So, that's it, enjoy ^.^

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

YES! I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY RAISED THE POPULARITY OF CAP ON SEREBII! *Ahem* Yeah, I feel like a Kitsunoh would help you a lot in place of Colossoil. The only question is whether you feel like you'd benefit more from ScarfKit or WispyKit. Kitsunoh's a seriously good Scarf user but you also have Aurumoth that's even better. I'd go for your standard WispyKit there.

And about that Heatran.... I've used it every time I want an offensive Tran xD It's really, really good.

This is all I see for now and I have to write a History essay, but I'll check again for anything else. The team seems pretty solid to me though.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis