Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst Deus Ex Machina EVER (That is not "The Horn!" or Thunder Armor) *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    It's probably because anime and the games are different. Even you can figure that out.
    That's not a valid excuse for Pikachu being able to hurt Ground types. Especially when the animé seems to say that Ground types are immune to Electric types nowadays.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

People need to stop confusing DEM with badly written. Just because Pikachu's power levels changes faster than Rihanna's hair doesn't make him DEM. Same goes for unrealistic battles, they're ridiculous but not DEM.

The worst case of DEM has to be Togepi. Seemingly unsolvable situation? To-gi, to-gi EXPLOSION. I mean, really. Psyduck was pretty bad too but Togepi takes the biscuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    People need to stop confusing DEM with badly written. Just because Pikachu's power levels changes faster than Rihanna's hair doesn't make him DEM. Same goes for unrealistic battles, they're ridiculous but not DEM.
    I changed the thread title, hope that fits better.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post

The worst case of DEM has to be Togepi. Seemingly unsolvable situation? To-gi, to-gi EXPLOSION. I mean, really. Psyduck was pretty bad too but Togepi takes the biscuit.
    When the writers add an element to the story that was never so much as hinted at before it occurred, that's DEM. Ergo, it's also bad writing. And how on earth is Togepi DEM? Its use of the move Metronome - which was a move whose effect was established before Togepi used it - wasn't bad writing. I'm more inclined to believe that its evolution was a [minor] type of DEM scenario the likes of which has been seen throughout the series, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    May skitty also won in similiar manner
    It did. Its wins were a bit unrealistic. That battle with the Jynx, Dusclops, and Houndoom was really unbelievable. But that's okay right? Its just there to look cute.

What was wrong with Skitty vs Dusclops?

People don't have a problem with that episode solely because of assist, because if so that would be ridiculous.

Especially anything revolving metronome as well.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Ash vs Trip in the league, ridiculous. Iris vs Luke in Don Battle, ridiculous. Bianca vs Trip in Don Battle, though I loved it when Trip got owned by my favourite BW rival, it's kinda ridiculous.

IMO Unova had one of the most DEM of all time, that most battles are just... bad. Especially all the battles in every other region where "*insert Pokemon* stand up!" <- *gasps* find a surge of strength and pwns the opponent.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

aren't league rules supposed to be strict?
    It was never stated that you must bring six Pokemon to a Full Battle.

Ash wouldn't have taken the win that way, anyway. He'd convince the referee to let Cameron get Watchdog and then get beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    But that's okay right? Its just there to look cute.
    This is May we're talking about, of course it's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    What was wrong with Skitty vs Dusclops?
    Everything.

Skitty took many powerful attacks (even a HYPER BEAM to the face!), and with endurance that would put Ash's Pikachu to shame, not only did it still manage to get up, but it managed to actually beat Dusclops, too. The writers didn't even TRY to justify her win...

It's not the worst DEM out there, but it's still bad.
    Last edited by moneylesswario; 31st January 2013 at 2:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    It did. Its wins were a bit unrealistic. That battle with the Jynx, Dusclops, and Houndoom was really unbelievable. But that's okay right? Its just there to look cute.
    The Skitty/Dusclops battle was awful, but Skitty Vs. Jynx was very well done. That was one of the better battles for the pokemon and using Assist a number of times until it finally got Combusken's Fire Spin was a great strategy.

Assist doesn't take a random move like Metronome does, Assist takes one of the attacks of one of your pokemon in your party. That's why first it got Beautifly's String shot and the Bulbasaur's Razor Leaf. So eventually she knew it would get Combusken's fire spin to finish off an ice-type like Jynx.

I will agree the Dusclops battle was awful though, easily one of the worst battles.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Ash vs Trip in the league, ridiculous. Iris vs Luke in Don Battle, ridiculous. Bianca vs Trip in Don Battle, though I loved it when Trip got owned by my favourite BW rival, it's kinda ridiculous.

IMO Unova had one of the most DEM of all time, that most battles are just... bad. Especially all the battles in every other region where "*insert Pokemon* stand up!" <- *gasps* find a surge of strength and pwns the opponent.
    Hey!! Bel using his defense against him was awesome!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Hey!! Bel using his defense against him was awesome!!
    Yes and this is somehow legit but mijumaru losing due to a disarmed scalchop isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Yes and this is somehow legit but mijumaru losing due to a disarmed scalchop isn't?
    Not when he was in training to battle without the damn thing -_-....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Not when he was in training to battle without the damn thing -_-....
    Which all went out the window when the mean doggie smacked it away from him. They could have really made his oshawott unique if the scalchop was lost permanently and he had to learn to survive without one.

Which all went out the window when the mean doggie smacked it away from him. They could have really made his oshawott unique if the scalchop was lost permanently and he had to learn to survive without one.
    I actually hoped during Stephan's debut Oshawott could get rid and battle without his scalchop for good. Guess that ain't happenin'.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

That never would have happened since the Scalchop is part of Oshawott's anatomy. Him losing it would have been like losing a limb; it wouldn't have worked out.

And wait, how could I forget Cameron's extreme DEM? Good lord, my memory is fading these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    And wait, how could I forget Cameron's extreme DEM? Good lord, my memory is fading these days.
    I actually don't think Cameron is that memorable of character. Once you get over the fact that he beat Ash, what do you remember him by? Him having a Lucario? Seen that before. Him being an idiot? Seen that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    That never would have happened since the Scalchop is part of Oshawott's anatomy. Him losing it would have been like losing a limb; it wouldn't have worked out.

Plenty of Animes have made do with characters with only 1 leg/arm(heck the full metal alchemist lost 1 of both), eye etc. It would make oshawott unique if he could work around it. Last time i checked losing a scalchop does not kill a oshawott like a pearl does to a spoink if lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    When Rhyhorn can be hurt by Thunderbolt in the games, then I'll take that "clever-thinking" statement of yours seriously.
    There is a lot of stuff the anime has that the games don't. Iris is one of them.

My ideal battle ever!

^ Iris was in the games. She's the Champion in B2/W2 actually.

And why would they have Pikachu be able to hurt Ground types THAT ONE TIME, then NEVER DO IT AGAIN?

If they're going to differentiate from the games, they should be consistent with the differences.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12