Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: electronic music thread

Default Top 10/Commentary

Wow how come I have not heard of any of Monstercat Label stuff? There are pretty good productions up in there. The EDM there is pretty good (I enjoyed Pegboard Nerd's stuff).

I took a listen to all of them and then some and I enjoyed listening to em all. I'm not a diehard fan of dubstep but I actually enjoyed listening to it. TwoThirds' "Tonight (feat. Holly Dummond)" was good but I'm more inclined to Stereotronique's "Sexy Beast". Reminds me of Benassi stuff!

Now I'm gonna borrow some of the Pop Thread's usage and slap on here the top 10 selling Dance/Electronic Albums for the week of Feb. 11 2013

1. Flo Rida "Wild Ones"
    2. Swedish House Mafia "Until Now"
    3. Skrillex "Bangarang"
    4. Lindsey Stirling "Lindsey Stirling"
    5. Calvin Harris "18 Months"
    6. David Guetta "Nothing But The Beat"
    7. Deadmau5 "Album Title Goes Here"
    8. Toro y Moi "Anything In Return"
    9. Flux Pavilion "Blow The Roof"
    10. Icona Pop "Iconic (EP)"
    Now I have to say I'm impressed with David Guetta for having an album that has stayed on the charts so long. And well Flo Rida has had one hell of a ride. He keeps spilling single after single and people are loving it making it hit after hit. It is the kind of dance music that appeals to mainstream. Swedish House Mafia's "Don't You Worry Child" obviously has had a gr8 impact. What I am surprised is how well people are taking Icona Pop and their single "I Love It". First time I heard it, I didn't think people would take a fondness to it but now I hear it on commercials and it is the theme song for "Snooki and J-Woww".

I am not sure who Lindsey Stirling, Toro y Moi, and Flux Pavilion are but I will look em up.

I hope to see Nervo sometime up on the top 10.
    Discuss the top 10 and who u think should be in/out
    Last edited by Ne0n-H!tch'd; 15th February 2013 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne0n-H!tch'd View Post
    I am not sure who Lindsey Stirling, Toro y Moi, and Flux Pavilion are but I will look em up.
    Lindsey Stirling is great, she does awesome violin pieces with dubstep backing tracks, it's cool as heck. Flux Pavilion is cool too, i saw him do a set last year and it was one of the highlights of the festival (i don't know any track names though)
    Last edited by moot; 15th February 2013 at 12:41 PM.
    life is
    a game

Soundlift's last goodbye EP and an Ep from Nery came the other day, both very good.

Dubstep FTW. I like techno a lot, been listening to skrillex lately. Ima try it out is a good song thanks to it being on black ops 2
    WANT TO START SHINY HUNTING ON THE GBA, ANYONE GOT ANYHELP FOR ME PLEASE?!

Current fanfics:

PMD: Explorers of Space----Prologue! (On Hold)

Coming soon:
    Henry's Adventure! A New Fanfic

Quote Originally Posted by Ne0n-H!tch'd View Post
    Wow how come I have not heard of any of Monstercat Label stuff? There are pretty good productions up in there. I'm more inclined to Stereotronique's "Sexy Beast". Reminds me of Benassi stuff!

Now I'm gonna borrow some of the Pop Thread's usage and slap on here the top 10 selling Dance/Electronic Albums for the week of Feb. 11 2013

Now I have to say I'm impressed with David Guetta for having an album that has stayed on the charts so long. And well Flo Rida has had one hell of a ride. He keeps spilling single after single and people are loving it making it hit after hit. It is the kind of dance music that appeals to mainstream. Swedish House Mafia's "Don't You Worry Child" obviously has had a gr8 impact. What I am surprised is how well people are taking Icona Pop and their single "I Love It". First time I heard it, I didn't think people would take a fondness to it but now I hear it on commercials and it is the theme song for "Snooki and J-Woww".

I hope to see Nervo sometime up on the top 10.
    Discuss the top 10 and who u think should be in/out
    Really? Interesting. "Sexy Beast" kinda reminded me of LMFAO without the lyrics (minus *Stephen Hawking* electro voice) and the robot dude. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    Lindsey Stirling is great, she does awesome violin pieces with dubstep backing tracks, it's cool as heck. Flux Pavilion is cool too, i saw him do a set last year and it was one of the highlights of the festival (i don't know any track names though)
    Wow! Lindsey Stirling was omg.
    She is in a league of her own.
    Flux Pavilion I have to get used to.
    I have heard "I Can't Stop" somewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    Soundlift's last goodbye EP and an Ep from Nery came the other day, both very good.
    Thank you for this. This was great to listen to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    Really? Interesting. "Sexy Beast" kinda reminded me of LMFAO without the lyrics (minus *Stephen Hawking* electro voice) and the robot dude. Lol.
    Only song I listen to from em is "I am Not a Wh0re" and "Champagne Showers"

Idk where to categorize this song, what genre... house?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBLv...e_gdata_player

^Oh god that song was hilarious. Umm, I think either House, Heavy Dance or Electronic.

I've just looked at Monstercat's website and it's actually more than a record label. It says it's a start for beginning EDM, etc. artists to help them gain popularity and recognition. If you ask me, there should be more labels that do stuff like that, and looking at the quality/potential of the music/artist rather than how many subscribers they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    ^Oh god that song was hilarious. Umm, I think either House, Heavy Dance or Electronic.

I've just looked at Monstercat's website and it's actually more than a record label. It says it's a start for beginning EDM, etc. artists to help them gain popularity and recognition. If you ask me, there should be more labels that do stuff like that, and looking at the quality/potential of the music/artist rather than how many subscribers they have.
    Yeah, it is kinda like Kontor.tv and Ultra Records.
    They enlist many beginning artists and feature them on their channels. It is kinda like a contract.

Inna, Calvin Harris, Kaskade, Deadmau5, and many others got their start from there.

Speaking of Ultra Records, look at this amazing mashup they did. Let me know if u like it or if u have heard any of the music on there...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAqI...e_gdata_player

#BumpingSelfStartedThreads

Monstercat's been doing a lot of stuff lately, changing the video layout and stuff. I actually quite liked "This Is What It Feels Like" by Armand van Buuren, which would honestly be the first time in about 9 months I've liked something in the charts. :P I've become more aware of Glitch Hop recently, Razihel's "Bad Boy" is on repeat a lot recently. For those of you interested in melodic DnB, TwoThirds-Universal is seriously worth checking out. In terms of house, I love Teqq-Lock in Your Love and Eminence-Falling Stars. I also enjoyed AU5's "Blossom" EP, something nice for dubstep-enjoying people.
    Last edited by Argon Wartortle; 17th August 2013 at 9:14 PM.

Question Is the Prodigy single "Smack My ***** Up" a commercial success or not?

Hey, guys. Did you know if the Prodigy single "Smack My ***** Up" a commercial success or not? If so, how are they? If not, please tell me the reason. If you're unsure, please tell me reason until we're sure about that.

Slam by Pendulm.
    I liked the beginnig but the rest kinda of lost me.
    And Double the Troblue forgot who thats from.
    I also like Wild For the Night with ASAP Rocky and Skrillex.
    Last edited by Pokemon trainer Black; 24th October 2013 at 2:43 AM.
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

Games I have: White,Platinum,Emerald,Firered

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Sprinkles on a non-chocolate donut. You may be a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh, it's all about the heart of the hair gel.

This has been bumped a couple times now.

these genre threads are allowed to be bumped, so i'm gonna reopen this (though the bumping post was a pretty bad post)

so this wasn't a total waste, here is some sick downtempo from Jon Hopkins' newest album Immunity which is one of my favourite releases of 2013 so far

Last edited by moot; 25th October 2013 at 1:29 AM.
    life is
    a game

I'm not really knowledgeable in this genre. Ever tried Adventure Club:

Wow. No one mentioned Mt. Eden. Haha.

Anyone here listen to Venetian Snares? Not sure if I would classify him as dubstep, but he is electronic. I mean he makes electronic music, I have no idea if he himself is electronic.

Come on, you guys. Won't somebody please just reply to me? Is the Prodigy single "Smack My ***** Up", a commercial success in the United States?

bump for this monster

took me forever to finally get a copy of this album but it's so dope
    life is
    a game

Anyone listen to some of the artists over at Lapfoxtrax? They put out a lot of really good electronic music that I enjoy.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

I think this thread has singlehandedly rekindled my interest in this forum.

Anyway, does anyone know of any good complextro artists? The only on I know is Porter Robinson, and the last track he released was almost a year ago.

Also, congrats to Martin Garrix for his two hit tracks.

I'm not on much anymore...

for complextro i go with SOME traktion and sebastiAn (I would sometimes argue that Skrillex is more complextro than dubstep) I'm personally more into trap music.

Most Candles Burn Out... But I Don't

Quote Originally Posted by LitWicked View Post
    for complextro i go with SOME traktion and sebastiAn (I would sometimes argue that Skrillex is more complextro than dubstep) I'm personally more into trap music.
    Thanks.

Trap is pretty cool, although I'm not too familiar with it.

Oooh, my favorite topic.

I founded and operate a web-based mixed-media music publication. I post music reviews, videos, and text interviews, as well as weekly mixes and radio broadcasts from myself and a few other deejays. I've been running in myself since November 2010 but picked up some help recently when the aforementioned deejays clocked my website. You can check that out at this link!

It is actually known across the globe, but, to a very discrete niche. We just hosted our first dance as a collective in Chicago, IL, and are planning some house parties as well as guest radio spots this year. I started an online record label for myself and my team and have given away just one song thus far. I'm releasing a 3-track EP with an emcee that will include 4 bonus instrumental tracks.

I try to stay productive, though sometimes I just laze about listening to music.

Here's one of my favorite mixes that is from December 2013.

Last edited by arized; 4th January 2014 at 5:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by master3019 View Post
    I think this thread has singlehandedly rekindled my interest in this forum.

Anyway, does anyone know of any good complextro artists? The only on I know is Porter Robinson, and the last track he released was almost a year ago.

Also, congrats to Martin Garrix for his two hit tracks.
    I've loved Animals since my friend showed it to me, really amazing song and very original imo.

I absolutely love Vicetone's remix of Sparks by Fedde le Grand and Nicky Romero, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeQ31jQNAVI as well as Throttle's remix of You Make Me, which is AMAZING, adding a bit of Nu Disco as well as electro-house to the original, definitely check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdnPg...iCAhHIBQYcaTeg

Quote Originally Posted by Argon Wartortle View Post
    I've loved Animals since my friend showed it to me, really amazing song and very original imo.

I absolutely love Vicetone's remix of Sparks by Fedde le Grand and Nicky Romero, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeQ31jQNAVI as well as Throttle's remix of You Make Me, which is AMAZING, adding a bit of Nu Disco as well as electro-house to the original, definitely check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdnPg...iCAhHIBQYcaTeg
    And now artists, seeing Garrix's success, are making lame ripoffs.

I see that Throttle remix is performing well on Beatport. Will definitely check it out in the future.

This song is amazing (And if you're not subscribed to EpicNetworkMusic... My lord):

3ds FC: 3540-0482-6088 (PM me if you added me)
    Friend Safari Type: Water
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Octillery, Wartortle & Frogadier
    Shinies: None, trying to get some currently although!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast