View Poll Results: Which region has the best music in your opinion?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanto

4 10.26%
  • Johto

9 23.08%
  • Hoenn

14 35.90%
  • Sinnoh

16 41.03%
  • Unova

14 35.90%
  • Kalos

7 17.95%
  • Alola

9 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Region Music-Wise?

Cool Favourite Region Music-Wise?

Which region in the world of Pokémon has the best music tracks in your opinion?

Mine are:

• Johto - Listening to the music, even in the remade games, still gives me a feeling of nostalgia. Violet/Olivine City's themes especially.
    • Hoenn - Trumpets. And also nostalgia. Littleroot Town's theme sounds like a homecoming after a long journey.
    • Alola - Sounds so tropical and yet sometimes relaxing, even zen-like. Hau'oli City has that ukulele strumming in it, which perfectly fits Alola being the Pokémon world's version of Hawaii.

- NovaBrunswick
    I love Canada now and forever.

Sun Team:

Favorite overworld themes: Hoenn.
    Favorite battle themes: Johto (esp. Lugia/Ho-oh in HGSS).

Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

if we're talking about overall soundtracks, my favorites are hoenn, sinnoh, unova, and alola.

My favorites are Johto and Kanto. I really like the battle themes, overworld themes and just the soundtracks of them as a whole.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

I just can't pick a favourite. Every region has something I like about it music-wise.
    Banner by AmericanPi!

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Pokemon White Abridged
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story ~ Thinking Through Illness
    Fanfic Profile:
    Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile
    Art Gallery:
    Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Alola and Unova are my personal favourites.

Couple of RSE themes and Route 206 for DP also make the cut.

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

Hoenn and Sinnoh by far. The music themes of Route 111, 120, Fallarbor Town, Weather trio battle, Hoenn Champion battle, Route 203, 205, 206, Eterna City, Sinnoh Champion battle, and Dialga/Palkia battle are awesome.

Sinnoh had the best tracks IMO, minus a few miss-fires like the Pokemon League music.

I think Hoenn has the best music, but I'm very biased due to nostalgia and my love of trumpet...
    If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs!

I really all the region music but my favorite is Hoenn I really like the trumpet.

Oh, Unova for sure. Unova has a very unique soundtrack compared to the other games. It may fall behind Sinnoh in terms of route themes but in every other category it takes the cake for me. Also, N's battle theme is my favourite theme in the series.

Undoubtedly Unova. Each battle theme has a lot of individuality, and there are some rather emotional themes as well that work perfectly with the storyline and just fit. Plus, I love the Unwavering Emotions theme and Cheren's, Bianca's, Hugh's, N's and Alder's respective themes.
    Claimed Cheren!
    "The Leader Who Seeks the Right Path
    Everyone has a different dream. Search for your life's purpose"

Sinnoh, they nailed the soundtrack right from the opening, the mystery that floods your mind as you hear the opening song, as Professor Rowan speaks to you about the world of Pokemon. Plus the Sinnoh routes are simply magical, Route 201, 206, 209 and 212 are personal favourites and the Cynthia battle music is spot on, with the intensity of the battle, I still remember fighting against her for the first time, on the edge of my seat whilst the music played, it was so tense.

Other personal favourites include overall the soundtracks from Johto, and Kanto, but a few tracks from other regions are special to me too, like Petelberg City, N's farewell, the theme of Alola and Gladion's battle theme.

Top 3 favourite pokemon
    Sinnoh Anime Fan!

X/Y easily has my favorite OST. There are so many memorable pieces. I also like the OSTs of the first three generations. I think, for the most part, the OSTs of D/P/Pt, B/W/B2/W2, and Sun/Moon are forgettable. I was actually really disappointed with Sun/Moon's OST after X/Y. I had heard sometime in between that one of the music directors of X/Y left/got fired or something and the difference is certainly noticeable. But if I had to put them in order... (with a HUGE gap between #4 and 5, of course)

1. X/Y
    2. G/S/C (I guess we can include HG/SS, too)
    3. R/S/E (OR/AS can count too)
    4. R/B/Y (FR/LG can count as well)
    5. Sun/Moon
    6. B/W/B2/W2
    7. D/P/Pt

There literally were NO memorable tracks from D/P/Pt for me. I love the games, but that OST... Meh.
    Last edited by Harmonie; 11th June 2017 at 5:20 PM.
    ~ H a r m o n i e~
    ---

~Original Image from pixiv~

Hoenn had the best tracks. Even the worst one (Littleroot's music) trumps the other regions.

1. Alola hands down! So many good soundtracks in these games! Whether tropical, fun or eerie, they really nailed it.
    2. Hoenn/Unova following very closely. Hoenn is pure nostalgia and trumpets, Unova brought something new, dramatic and fun.
    3. Sinnoh. Other than Cynthia's glorious themes, didn't have that much to offer.
    4. Kanto/Johto. Bit of nostalgia in there, but mostly don't really care for it.
    5. Kalos. Absolutely the worst. Had so much potential with the french influence and then went with forgettable orchestral themes that sound like what someone who never heard french music probably thinks it sounds like. I don't think it had anything that truly stood out for me, except maybe Lysandre's theme.
    Black: 0389 7985 8218
    I claimed ~Tropius~

There's just something special about Hoenn that makes me love its music more than any other region.

It's rather odd, honestly, considering many of the battle themes have the exact same percussion rift, but still the music is just so wonderful to me.

I will say, though, that Sinnoh also has several wonderful pieces of music, especially Route 209.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Sinnoh had the best tracks IMO, minus a few miss-fires like the Pokemon League music.
    I think the Sinnoh Pokémon League music - the one you hear just before meeting the Elite Four - is pretty relaxing with the slow piano at the beginning. It reminds me of coming to the end of a long journey to the top (i.e. becoming the Champion).

Unova's Route 10 theme has the same effect too.

Sun Team:

Quote Originally Posted by MusicianAlex View Post
    I think Hoenn has the best music, but I'm very biased due to nostalgia and my love of trumpet...
    So am I, LOL.

Sun Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    Hoenn had the best tracks. Even the worst one (Littleroot's music) trumps the other regions.
    I actually quite like Littleroot's theme. It's light and airy, like a Swirlix. :P

Sun Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Nebbygetinthebag View Post
    I really all the region music but my favorite is Hoenn I really like the trumpet.
    You got it.

Sun Team:

Interesting how you made this based on region rather than game or generation. As for me, Unova has my favorite soundtrack in the series. My top favorite tracks would be Entralink, Emotion, BW Credits, Aspertia City, Iris Battle Theme and Black Tower. But there are many others I really love as well. That said, I do think most Pokemon games have good music on the whole, and the amount of good tracks outweigh the bad ones most if not all of the time. Unova just has more good and less bad music than any other region to me. I guess I could go into deeper detail, but I don't feel like it. I don't really know much about music on a professional level so it is hard to say anything more than "I like it". I'll just leave it with that.
    September Blue, Thy sorrows be forgotten
    October Auburn, Let this season pass
    November Gray, Restore with thy rain
    December White, Thy beauty ever last

I voted every region except Kalos. Excluding the Kalos Victory Road and maybe the Gym Leader theme all else are average at best.

Unova and Sinnoh had the best tracks imo. I loved every theme in BW and some of the music in Sinnoh were great particularly the gym battle, team Galactic, and dialga/palkia battle themes.

Kalos has my favorite. There's a certain grandeur and classiness to the OST that compliments the Region and its environments nicely.
    The Champ ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast