Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moves that Pokemon SHOULD be able to learn, but can't (new edition)

Default Moves that Pokemon SHOULD be able to learn, but can't (new edition)

Just as the title says. Are there any moves that you think could fit a certain Pokemon but they aren't currently able to learn it?

I have a few suggestions:

*Scizor should be able to use Crabhammer as its pincers are not unlike those of crabs (not to mention it could help counter its Fire double-weakness)

*The Pikachu family should be able to learn biting attacks such as Bite. Real-life mice and rats must constantly gnaw (a form of biting) to keep their incisors from getting too big (a trait found in all rodents).

*All mammalian Pokemon should be able to learn Milk Drink at least through a TM since it is based off what baby mammals do for nutrition.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Scyther should be able to learn fly, especially because that Pidgey and Zubat can.
    Together we ride!
    "You can make anything you want go your way in life. You just have to know how to work the RNG."

Black kyurem and pretty much every physical ice move bar freeze shock, and it should learn earthquake too.
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Gyarados should be able to learn Aerial Ace; if Heracross, Mr. Mime, Volcarona, and MANTYKE can learn Aerial Ace (by TM or Level up) why not Gyarados?
    Pokemon Omega Ruby DexNavlocke

Badges: 3
    Deaths: 0

inb4 Flareon anything

Venusaur should learn Spore (at least by breeding). He was going to become destructive!

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    *All mammalian Pokemon should be able to learn Milk Drink at least through a TM since it is based off what baby mammals do for nutrition.
    Not only mammalian, it should be also required to be female.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 29th January 2013 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggiedoggie View Post
    Only problem might be that scizor, a non-flying type, would be able to learn fly...not that there is a real problem with that, but other than with vibrava and flygon, and latias/latios (and the last two are rare legendaries so that doesn't really help you in game for a long time) I don't think GF has let any other non-flying type pokemon learn fly. It would be really nice, though, because fly is the only way to easily get from place to place, but sometimes people don't want to use a flying type as part of their main team, if you know what I mean? I've been annoyed by having to have fly-using (and less often surfing) pokemon with me when I would rather keep my full team of six team members with me. One non-flying type that actually logically should be able to use fly is gengar- it can float, right? And how about weezing? And togetic? And ledian?
    And I don't know if this quite fits the topic, but I actually DON'T think that pidgey and zubat should be able to use fly, as it is totally illogical! But if they can learn it, then as I suggested before there is really no reason why togetic and ledian shouldn't be able to learn it!
    Last edited by Pikafleg; 29th January 2013 at 11:28 PM.
    I'm sorta back
    While I'd always love to talk about anything pokemon, I will only be using the 6th gen Wifi section for a while out of efficiency in my life, unfortunately

PLEASE NOTE: My one and only 3DS friend code is now 0576 3520 6954, it used to be 0688 5572 5678 but I no longer have that DS, delete that old code if you already have it!
    thought X/Y were amazing, but the widely revolutionary ORAS makes X/Y look like, well, I guess the original Ruby/Sapphire (which were still awesome) ha ha. in early middle of story line, w/ no choice but to progress fairly slowly. if anyone wants to battle or register me (be sure to tell me iso I can get yours) feel free to!

AS: Grovyle, Metang, Swellow, Skitty, Corphish, and "Pikabest"

Garchomp needs Fly. Why? It's dex entry, that's why
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Garchomp needs Fly. Why? It's dex entry, that's why
    That and in the anime episode "Loosing its Lustrous", Cynthia's garchomp does fly. Twice. When I saw that I was totally flabbergasted and speechless (I still haven't read closely its dex entry now, much less when I saw that, so I wouldn't have known from that).
    I'm sorta back
    While I'd always love to talk about anything pokemon, I will only be using the 6th gen Wifi section for a while out of efficiency in my life, unfortunately

PLEASE NOTE: My one and only 3DS friend code is now 0576 3520 6954, it used to be 0688 5572 5678 but I no longer have that DS, delete that old code if you already have it!
    thought X/Y were amazing, but the widely revolutionary ORAS makes X/Y look like, well, I guess the original Ruby/Sapphire (which were still awesome) ha ha. in early middle of story line, w/ no choice but to progress fairly slowly. if anyone wants to battle or register me (be sure to tell me iso I can get yours) feel free to!

AS: Grovyle, Metang, Swellow, Skitty, Corphish, and "Pikabest"

lol, It's funny that growlithe can't learn growl.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario95 View Post
    lol, It's funny that growlithe can't learn growl.
    Yeah. xD You'd think it growls enough... xD

Emboar's Pokédex entry from Black:
    It can throw a fire punch by setting its fists on fire with its fiery chin. It cares deeply about its friends.

Yet it can only learn Fire Punch via Move Tutor. That's a little jacked up.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

All pokémon with teeth should learn bite/crunch
    Roserade should at least learn powerwhip/vine whip due to it's pokedex entry
    Samurott has his shell armor, but cannot learn shell smash. Also, his pokedex entry that he dominates others by glaring/howling, yet can't learn the moves himself...if he only had outrage
    Last edited by Dew Watatsumi; 30th January 2013 at 6:19 AM.
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    That would be, like, every Pokémon. Also, I don't think it would be too odd if Escavalier got Cross Poison.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

Pointless but it makes sense that it should learn this. Zangoose and Cut. Zangoose learns practically nearly every other cutting/slashing move but it can't learn Cut.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Walrein, Empoleon, Glalie, Abomasnow, and Kyurem should all get Icicle Crash.

I got another one. Growlithe and Arcanine should learn Lick. Didn't we see Growlie lick James at certain points in the anime? Not to mention a lot of dogs in real life like to lick people they like.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

i say that druddigon should be able to learn fly.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikafleg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggiedoggie View Post

Only problem might be that scizor, a non-flying type, would be able to learn fly...not that there is a real problem with that, but other than with vibrava and flygon, and latias/latios (and the last two are rare legendaries so that doesn't really help you in game for a long time) I don't think GF has let any other non-flying type pokemon learn fly. It would be really nice, though, because fly is the only way to easily get from place to place, but sometimes people don't want to use a flying type as part of their main team, if you know what I mean? I've been annoyed by having to have fly-using (and less often surfing) pokemon with me when I would rather keep my full team of six team members with me. One non-flying type that actually logically should be able to use fly is gengar- it can float, right? And how about weezing? And togetic? And ledian?
    And I don't know if this quite fits the topic, but I actually DON'T think that pidgey and zubat should be able to use fly, as it is totally illogical! But if they can learn it, then as I suggested before there is really no reason why togetic and ledian shouldn't be able to learn it!
    Golurk can learn fly.

Credit to Brutaka for the amazing banner and user bar. Yeah, having 2 is redundant, but it shows you guys my favorite pokemon, what story I had planned and my position in the WoJ.

Time, there's never enough of it but it's always there to waste.
    -Azurus

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    Roserade should at least learn powerwhip/vine whip due to it's pokedex entry
    Samurott has his shell armor, but cannot learn shell smash. Also, his pokedex entry that he dominates others by glaring/howling, yet can't learn the moves himself...if he only had outrage
    Bite/Crunch is generally learned by Pokemons that are carnivorous.

The simple fact it has teeth doesn't mean it's a good biter/cruncher.

Also, it would be very boring if every Pokemon with teeth would be able to learn those moves.

Not sure about moves they should be able to know, but I'm very curious to how Ryhorn can use Tail Whip and Diglett can use Scratch.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Chatot, with its song abilities, should learn Perish Song.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

I vote Yanomami/yanmega should learn fly also, 4 wings should support them and a human if pidgey can. Also feel like they should make it that whooper and Shroomish shouldn't be able tolerance punching moves when they have no arms...
    N3DS FC: 1220-6591-9030
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Spritzee, Clefairy
    Dedicated Pokemon breeder with access to bank balls, egg moves, and move tutors! Often replay older titles so if you're hunting for Gen 1-5 legendaries I most likely have them!

inb4 flareon and flare blitz. srsly though, it does need it.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

I'll be gone on vacation until I get home sometime Sunday the 28th. Sorry guys.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

gyarados should learn fly. why not it's a flying type.
    wouldn't it be awesome if you could fly on a gaint chinese water dragon!
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast