Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Moves that Pokemon SHOULD be able to learn, but can't (new edition)

Doesn't make sense why Serperior learns it
    But I agree with Steelix
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Nintendo I.D.: Jesse.S.H.

Zangoose needs to know how to Cut.

Zebstrika and Deino should learn Double Kick and Dark Pulse by level-up, respectively.
    FC: 2638-1846-5857

Not a move, but I've always thought that the Magnemite line could use (and at first, actually did have) Levitate.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    Doesn't make sense why Serperior learns it
    But I agree with Steelix
    Serperior learns it because the only starters who learn it are reptilian(Except Swampert who is an amphibian I believe). It actually wouldn't make sense if Samurott learned it, going by this.

Check out my Power Ranger FanFics:https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1802430/
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Flareon and Flare Blitz should be obvious, same with Entei.

Gyarados should be able to learn Crunch, although I never actually realized it couldn't until recently.

Actually, Gyarados should also be able to actually learn flying based moves in general, considering it is a "flying" type.

The only other flying attack I could see Gyarados learning is Hurricane. It lives in the sea and it causes massive storms like it did in the anime(Though it was using dragon rage)

Check out my Power Ranger FanFics:https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1802430/
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

i think that milotic should be able to learn some more psychic oriented moves. it really looks like it could do something like psychic.

and people, let me get this straight. why scyther can't learn fly is because if it evolved into scizor, and 118kg metal bug with fly that would be completely illogical.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

Mew is supposed to be known as the ancestor pokémon, but he can't learn moves such as Hydro Pump
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Nintendo I.D.: Jesse.S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Dew Watatsumi View Post
    Mew is supposed to be known as the ancestor pokémon, but he can't learn moves such as Hydro Pump
    you mean "she"

Inlay and Malamar really should have access to Octozooka since they are based on squids which produces ink which Octozooka is powered from according to in-game descriptions. Absol should learn Psychic because it seems to be able to use energy based attacks from its horn. All the feline Pokémon except Litleo/Pyroar, the Legendary Beasts, Solgaleo, and Mewtwo (except when transferred from the VC games) should be able to learn Pay Day.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

I think Gliscor should be able to learn Fly.
    Claimed:
    Pokemon Omega Ruby team:
    Pokemon Moon team:

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jigglypuff View Post
    Inlay and Malamar really should have access to Octozooka since they are based on squids which produces ink which Octozooka is powered from according to in-game descriptions. Absol should learn Psychic because it seems to be able to use energy based attacks from its horn. All the feline Pokémon except Litleo/Pyroar, the Legendary Beasts, Solgaleo, and Mewtwo (except when transferred from the VC games) should be able to learn Pay Day.
    Agreed on Octozooka (and hey it means we have a full move set for James' Inkay :P).

Pay Day is pretty much Meowth's most remarkable move though, unless you finally give the line something exceptionally powerful to balance it out.

Quote Originally Posted by shadorai View Post
    i think that milotic should be able to learn some more psychic oriented moves. it really looks like it could do something like psychic.

and people, let me get this straight. why scyther can't learn fly is because if it evolved into scizor, and 118kg metal bug with fly that would be completely illogical.
    Don't know if you're around anymore, considering how Pikapika200 revived a thread that was dead for four years, but explain why Scyther couldn't learn Fly in GenI with that argument.

Quote Originally Posted by pikapika200 View Post
    you mean "she"
    Mew is not female either. It's genderless.

Quote Originally Posted by DatsRight View Post
    Agreed on Octozooka (and hey it means we have a full move set for James' Inkay :P).

Pay Day is pretty much Meowth's most remarkable move though, unless you finally give the line something exceptionally powerful to balance it out.
    GenI Slash..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

Heatran: Scald (Hot water comes from some hot pipes)
    Aurorus: Power Gem (It's got a gem around the top of its nose.)
    Heliolisk: Solarbeam and Sunny Day (It's a solar Pokemon.)
    Tentacool/Tentacruel: Power Gem
    Yanmega: Fly (Jessie was seen riding on one)
    Lycanroc: Play Rough
    Glaceon: Surf
    Eelektross: Sludge Bomb
    Mew: Draco Meteor (Event only; Jirachi had that move as an event for 4th generation)
    Magearna: Power Gem
    Last edited by raichu27; 25th July 2017 at 2:08 AM.

Lilligant should have learn Fiery dance because she could learn a lot a dance moves and it makes sense.
    Lycanroc: Ice Fang
    Togekiss: Moonblast
    Tapu Koko: Moonblast
    Tapu Bulu: Play Rough
    Aurorus: Power Gem
    Togedemaru: Smart Strike
    Dedenne: Dazzling Gleam.
    Last edited by Nebbygetinthebag; 29th July 2017 at 5:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    GenI Slash..
    Well yeah, but we can't reverse the mechanics of nerfed attack in later gens. :P.

Porygon should get Reflect Type (as it has the effect the same of Conversion in Generation I)

Arceus should get aura sphere given that that all 3 of the dragons it created can learn it.

Magikarp should get bubble so it at least has a water type move.

rayquaza should learn glare.
    i mean,sure the move's japanese name is snake glare,but it's not exclusive to snake pokemon. druddigon learns the move and druddigon is a dragon-type that has nothing to do with snakes. plus Rayquaza is a large, green, serpentine creature. and serperior looks like a dragon,anyway. and oh yeah,slowbro should be able to learn metronome. gulpin and swalot should learn thief.

Vulpix and Ninetales having psychic woulda been awesome imo. :3
    PLEASE READ MY SIGNATURE TO LEARN WHAT MAKES ME TICK AND STUFF. its important to me...
    PLEASE don't call me a 'guy'. Its a real pet peeve of mine with my autism and how my brain work's. thank you...
    Gay, happy triox! Wait, gay also means happy, right? :P Riiight?
    I have a MAJOR crush on korrina and i think she's totally awesome! best gym leader ever. Should be a champion.

*drool's over her kawaiiness x3*
    ~Lipstick Lesbian and Proud~ Well, i'm actually bi, but korrina's really the only 'attractive to me' character i ever dare look at on a daily basis, soo... :P
    I have autism too

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    Magikarp should get bubble so it at least has a water type move.
    Magikarp learning Water Pulse (thus confusing the Pokemon with a halfway decent attack) would be humorous. Perhaps the catch is that it could learn it around the same time Gyrados learns it last attack.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234