Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saphire/Ruby vs FireRed/Leafgreen.

Default Saphire/Ruby vs FireRed/Leafgreen.

Which one is better, Saphire/Ruby or Firered/Leafgreen?

This seems to fit Polls more than R/S/E Discussion...

But, I prefer Firered/Leafgreen over Sapphire/Ruby. FR/LG has a much longer game, and is just funner overall. Emerald is another story...
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

Take your pick it's like comparing two Movies, or two books. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I should point out that given that the games have been out of print for several years, you may end up with a fake cartridge.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Raichusnemesis View Post
    Which one is better, Saphire/Ruby or Firered/Leafgreen?
    Firered/Leafgreen has more content in it than Ruby/Sapphire. For example, you have 2 regions (give or take) in one game.

Personally, I enjoy FRLG for its nostalgic feeling.
    Relationships are like farts; if you push too hard, you just end up with s***.
    -Azealia Banks

Song of the week:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5y9Q5CmWYg

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Take your pick it's like comparing two Movies, or two books. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.
    This pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Firered/Leafgreen has more content in it than Ruby/Sapphire. For example, you have 2 regions (give or take) in one game.
    It's one region the Sevii Island are part of Kanto.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I much preferred R/S over FR/LG. Although it is kind of hard to compare the two.
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    This pretty much.

It's one region the Sevii Island are part of Kanto.
    Technically correct, and I am not disagreeing with you one bit, but for all functionality's sake they more or less count as a separate mini region.

I can't choose <.> all of them are great... I have to go with Sapphire/Ruby though. The music does it for me. :3

I think Emerald is the very best, but if you have to pick one of the others, I don't know, they are equally good to me.

This feeling is taking me over, this feeling that I can't deny
    Because through all the pain and the crippling loss, it's so good to know I'm alive

I won't give in to the sorrow, I will not rest till I've won
    I'll make a brighter tomorrow and I'll leave you the world when I'm done
    Pokécheck

I preferred Ruby and Sapphire because I loved Hoenn and all the things that could be done there, but I also kind of liked LeafGreen and FireRed because I thought it was easier to raise Pokemon, what with the VS Seeker allowing you to rebattle trainers easily and the Elite Four's upgraded teams. Still, Ruby & Sapphire were iconic.

I like LG better for some reason, but Emerald can clone...nya~
    You have no idea how great it feels to be free

FR/LG have vs. seeker, which is happen to be one my fave items. But I like Hoenn region and its pokemon more.
    So 50 - 50 I guess.
    Kalos shinies (Some):
    - Vivillon Hunt Complete! -

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Secret Bases, Berries(Planting them), Contests....

RS.

Sevii Islands, Icons for every item, nice overall graphics

FRLG.

I think it's a tie, both of them have good and bad points.

Emerald though, it mixes most of their good points, and thus, is superior.

Rocket number nine take off to the planet, to the planet,
    Milotic Crazy Lady + Seashell Bikini
    Still waiting for Mega Dustox/Beautifly

#TeamFroakie
    #TheCascoonOfDestruction
    I have... A WATER-TYPE FRIEND SAFARI! The first type I used to really like!
    and another one I don't know about..

It's really 50 50 to me, FR/LG were extremely fun, but difficult/long , and R/S were also extremely fun, but pretty simple and not really much of a post-game
    Last edited by StormOfFlames; 18th February 2013 at 4:37 PM.
    I do not like/support/use: Pokesav, AR, any other cheats/cheating device (However, I have no problem with cloning)

My Black 2 friend code is 0159-6509-6584
    My trainer name is Storm (as with all my other save files on games)

I'm also not very picky about trades, so just PM me an offer
    I do not rip people off, and I hate it when someone tries to rip me off, so don't do it
    My Black 2 Team:
    I also am in the Central Time Zone

Put this on your signature if you are Christian and proud of it

Oh man, oh man... it's like you're asking me to pick between two of my children! (Just an analogy... ;p) I'm gonna have to say Sapphire/Ruby, because even though FireRed/LeafGreen was a very fun game to play, S/R had more features and a more interesting plot. I'd say the story wins the battle for me.
    A man once said:
    Sincerity is punished in my job, but when we need men, we must adjust to them, and since we cannot win them but by this way, it is not the fault of those who flatter, but those who want to be flattered.

Frlg is probably better than Rse. Cuz, it has better and longer storyline. And great key items such as vs. seeker. I love it

My Black Team:

Revolution Detonator

I FireRed and LeafGreen are my favourite pokemon games so I am going with them. Kanto Pokemon and region bring me back memories for when I was a kid so that's why I like it more.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    I FireRed and LeafGreen are my favourite pokemon games so I am going with them. Kanto Pokemon and region bring me back memories for when I was a kid so that's why I like it more.
    Yep, this is pretty much how I feel. Don't get me wrong, I do like Ruby and Sapphire but FR/LG just brings back so much nostalgia for me.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

R/S/E is better in my opinion for 10 reasons

1. Awesome Music and Battle Music (Notably Rival Music, Legendary Theme, Rival Team Themes)
    Music in FR/LG are just rehashed and updated versions if red and green music. No new stuff here.

2. Balanced Starters
    Don't get me wrong I LOVE Blastoise and I love Venusaur and Charizard but the Hoenn starters seem more balanced with their mixed type resistances and advantages. For example, Blaziken's mixed type advantage is going to help you in the long run. Fire/Fighting can beat rock and help with ground. Charizard has flying/fire which increases his weaknesses a ton and in the long run doesn't help. If you have a fire pokemon wouldn't you much rather have it beat rock and ground types than beat grass and fighting types that pose no threat?

3. Better Plot
    The Plot of RSE is too be more than just a pokemon master and beat rival teams. The plot is about meeting new people and trying new things (Dive for instance, Rematches, PokeSchool that actually teaches something)

4. Better and more legit Professor
    I mean come on, Professor Oak says your starter is rare while I see 10 other trainers with bulbusaurs on all the routes.

5. Better Extra Content
    Emerald more specifically had the chance to go to the battle frontier, obtain the johto starters and rematch gym leaders, FR/LG had none of these things

6. Challenging
    The RSE Elite 4 did not pose a threat, a single Blaziken could tear through the whole elite 4 there. Now although that may be true we can all admit Steven Stone, Champion Steven Stone was much harder than Gary due to the fact in FR/LG you develop techniques to beat and surpass Gary due to him always challenging you.

7. Bigger, Less Crammed
    Although Hoenn is mostly filled with water, the game requires you to travel more which is much more fun than getting to the next city easily. Kanto is crammed

8. Two Rival Teams
    In RSE there are two rival teams making the story line much more interesting while playing

9. Beautiful Landscape and Maps
    Tilesets in RSE without a doubt are cooler than Fr/LG.

10. Secret Bases

R/S/E are my fave but I love LG/FR too.
    I hope GF would remake those cool games.
    Kalos shinies (Some):
    - Vivillon Hunt Complete! -

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

It just depends on tastes, really. Both versions are really good, though one seems to play on the nostalgia than anything else (for me anyway). Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald tried something new that worked well even if sales weren't as high up there as with the other versions. I'm glad that the third generation games are slowly gaining the recognize they deserve, because Hoenn is a really neat region, and the game was really cool, though FireRed/LeafGreen probably got the most attention because of its aforementioned nostalgia and familiar Pokémon while still including new features.

So personally, I love both versions, though I am more willing to lean toward FR/LG because of it. It looks more visually appealing in my opinion, even though Hoenn is fun to explore.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I like Firered and Leafgreen more because they were remakes of old games but they still added new things to make the games stand out from the others. I really liked the new islands and the Vs Seeker thing that let you re battle trainers cuz it made training fun and easy

Well, I, personally, prefer RS do to nostalgia reasons. But FRLG was also really enjoyable too. :P

FR/LG one because I'm sick of going through the Hoenn water routes which are filled with Tentacool and two you can get your starter to about lvl 87 before you battle the elite 4
    These two songs describe me well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

Ruby/Sapphire are my favorite Pokemon game and my second favorite game of all time.

So yeah, Ruby/Sapphire... But I did like FireRed/LeafGreen though!
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast