Thread: The Boondocks

Default The Boondocks

A discussion for anyone who is a fan of the series. BTW, there will apparently be an announcement tomorrow.

Don't really care, the show wasn't that great and it was difficult to tell which direction it was trying to take. All the uneccessary cussing and racial slurs...ugh...why? The series of comic strips its based off aren't that great either. An announcement tomorrow? I'm curious but I know I won't be thrilled.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I used to watch, but then that show went on hiatus forever. Same with the Venture Bros and every other quality American made show on Adult Swim.

I wanted the Hooker and her Pimp to be Recurring Characters since that was my favorite episode (and one of my favorite episodes anywhere ever). Did that ever happen?

Cool

I LOVE The Boondocks. It is really hilarious. My favorite episode was the one with Lamilton Taeshawn, the kid who took Riley on a joyride and beat up his own grandmother over fried chicken.

(The grandma kinda reminds me of Lenora.)

Another really funny episode was the one where Riley gets called the N word by his teacher. The funny part was when the grandpa talks about this guy getting a mansion and a yacht and a pair of white women. I also liked Ann Coulter's appearance, and that she had a book about "f***ing camel jockeys".

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Don't really care, the show wasn't that great and it was difficult to tell which direction it was trying to take. All the uneccessary cussing and racial slurs...ugh...why? The series of comic strips its based off aren't that great either. An announcement tomorrow? I'm curious but I know I won't be thrilled.
    The Boondocks was a great show.

boondocks is amazing, but the first half of season 3 is a little average. the prison episode is so amazing, as is smokin' with cigarettes.
    All the uneccessary cussing and racial slurs...ugh...why?
    because it is a parody. fun fact: there are actually people who speak like that! who'd have guessed???

I thought it was funny when Tom Dubois was in court while he was possessed by Stinkmeaner. And he cursed out the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    The Boondocks was a great show.
    What do mean was? It's not like it'll go on a forever hiatus again right?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

I love this show, and the comic strips that it's adapted from. I think it's clever how Aaron McGruder brings to light (through the use of humor) some of the political, stereotypical, and cultural views within our society that just doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I wanted the Hooker and her Pimp to be Recurring Characters since that was my favorite episode (and one of my favorite episodes anywhere ever). Did that ever happen?
    A Pimp named Slickback did appear in season 2 as well as season 1.

I've been a huge fan of this show since the first couple years it started airing. The 3 Stinkmeaner episodes are by far the best. Especially the second with his training in hell and the exorcism scene. I hope if they make more we will get a Bushido Brown vs Stinkmeaner showdown in hell.

Guess people don't share my opinion. Oh well, it only sucks when you're the first to reply and ruin the mood (which I was and did do).
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Yes! I would love to see some more Huey vs. Riley moments. Or something like the scene where Uncle Ruckus attacked the security gaurd
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Great show i loved that episode with a pimp named slickback and when tom thought he was going to prison xD

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 12 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

I absolutely love the show. I enjoy the satire and issues the show tackles all while being hilarious. I can't wait for the announcement!

Too bad its wasn't another season annouced, just a kick-start for the Uncle Ruckus movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Exactly why the show gets a solid F for me. Its just unnecessary to have that in any situation, especially a silly entertainment show.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"