Thread: Do you use signature moves?

Default Do you use signature moves?

Like, Signature moves like Aeroblast or Sacred Sword. Including ones that belong to non-legendarys, like Chatter or Sketch.

I HAVE to use them, it's something with my move OCD.

Saaatoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Like, Signature moves like Aeroblast or Sacred Sword. Including ones that belong to non-legendarys, like Chatter or Sketch.

I HAVE to use them, it's something with my move OCD.
    I AM THE EXACT SAME WAY. I don't care if they're weak, it's somewhat of a novelty to have a move only that Pokemon can use.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

It depends on the Pokemon and the move.

I'll use Spacial Rend on Palkia, and Relic Song on Meloetta, but not Techno Blast on Genesect, or Roar of Time on Dialga.

None of the pokémon on my team can learn signature moves, so no.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    I AM THE EXACT SAME WAY. I don't care if they're weak, it's somewhat of a novelty to have a move only that Pokemon can use.
    Woo! 'Have to' people!

As an add-on, if I generate a Pokémon from a trio with PokéGTS, I have to give them the group leaders signature move. Like Lugia is kinda the leader of Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno. I would give Zapdos and the others Aeroblast. I don't even care if it's cheating anymore D:

Saaatoshi!

Only if it's actually good; Psystrike Mewtwo I'll use, but not Kinesis Alakazam. I'll run Softboiled Blissey, but not Smellingsalt Hariyama. Dark Void and Seed Flare are cool, whereas Mist Ball and Luster Purge are not. I'd use Shift Gear Klinklang and Night Daze Zoroark, but not Heart Swap Manaphy or Ice Ball Walrein.

Ice Beam *-*

YES. Weather ball on castform

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Yeah, there's something about signature moves... It feels like a waste to have a pokemon with a signature move and not use it. About the only one I don't care for is Roar of Time.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Yeah I use them... they're generally pretty strong like Water Gun and Flamethrower aren't bad. I agree that Kinesis for Alakazam isn't a good signature move. He has such stronger attacks than that!

I do, even if the Pokemon are used for things like "Battle" facilities/PWT. I even have Glaciate with maxed PP on my Kyurem
    My reason is the same as Dragontail's reason he/she posted above there.

However, I don't give my Genesect the move Techno Blast, since I need the slot for another move. Maybe if there's another Genesect event......

Sometimes I put signature move only on Pokemon that I won't use in battles. For example, the only Alakazam I have that knows Kinesis, is the one I don't use for battles
    Also, starter signature moves (Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon/Frenzy Plant), I flat out refuse to have them, except on starters I won't use in battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Smellingsalt Hariyama.
    I think Hariyama's signature move is Arm Thrust, not Smellingsalt.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I do, even if the Pokemon are used for things like "Battle" facilities or the PWT. I even have Glaciate with maxed PP on my Kyurem
    My reason is the same as Dragontail's reason he/she posted above there.

However, I don't give my Genesect the move Techno Blast, since I need the slot for another move. Maybe if there's another Genesect event......

Sometimes I put signature move only on Pokemon that I won't use in battles. For example, the only Alakazam I have that knows Kinesis, is the one I don't use for battles
    Also, starter signature moves (Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon/Frenzy Plant), I flat out refuse to have them, except on starters I won't use in battles.

I think Hariyama's signature move is Arm Thrust, not Smellingsalt.
    Actually Pignite and Emboar have access to Arm Thrust as well.

I only use the good signatures moves and not things like Attack Order.

yes i do most of the time
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Actually Pignite and Emboar have access to Arm Thrust as well.
    Still doesn't mean it isn't a signature move, I mean look at Steel Wing. It is practically Skarmory's signature move, yet a ton of other Flying-Types also learn the move anyway.

And Hariyama is known as the "Arm Thrust Pokemon", so yeah, Arm Thrust should be its signature move.

Also, Hariyama isn't the only Pokemon to learn Smellingsalt either.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Can we define signature move? Because I wasnt aware water gun was a signature move Qwaa..

Created by PPL Qwaa

Only if they're good, like Spacial Rend or Secret Sword. I won't use moves like Roar of Time or Luster Purge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Smellingsalt
    The difference is that Smellingsalt is only learned on other Pokemon via Egg move, whereas Arm Thrust is learned via level-up.

Sure I do. I'm a fan of signature moves. My favorites that I use Lugia's Aeroblast, Blaziken's Blaze Kick, Smeargle's Sketch, Deoxys' Psycho Boost, Girantina's Shadow Force, Dialga's Roar of Time, and some other moves.

Though, I hate it when GameFreak make older or newer Pokémon adapt (or I should say steal) other Pokémon's signature exclusive move just to make other Pokémon better. Which it doesn't make them special anymore.
    Ever get the nagging feeling that you forgot something?

Handheld Team

Emerald -
    Platinum -
    HeartGold -
    White -

Console Team

XD -

I often use Spacial Rend, Sacred Fire, Blue Flare, Fusion Flare and Dark Void.
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

Music

Choice Specs Doom Desire is a nice Gimmick that I could try.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

"Do I use signature moves or not?" Yes, they're novelty, powerful (usually), and collectible. My Lv. 90+ Zekrom still has Fusion Bolt! My Kyurem still even knows Glaciate! (The only reason it doesn't have Freeze Shock/Ice Burn yet is because I haven't gotten very far in Black 2)
    3DS FC: 4597 - 0384 - 5442

If you add me, PM me with your friend code and I'll add you.
    Friend Safari: Grass; has Oddish, Ivysaur and Quilladin