Thread: unrequited love (or one-sided)

Default unrequited love (or one-sided)

Wonder if this counts as a shipping topic but I wonder if there is anyone else who supports unrequited or one-sided ships?

I personally think they are very interesting because while X may not like them, Z has their reasons for liking X, therefore it results in a wacky interaction between the two. (like take the Sonic fandom for example).

Wonders if anyone else feels the same.
    岩根雅明=♡

Oh sure, I ships tons of those HA, its fun. Pokemon is known for not having relationships other than between parents maybe?? They do give small hints out in pairings that can make them cute.
    Pearlshipping is a big favorite of mine, than again we haven't been given a clue if either Dawn or Ash have feelings for one another, just cute little moments that make them adorable together.
    One pairing that I like that matches your thread is AshxAnabel, she seems to have gained a crush on Ash towards the end of the episode, curse Pokemon for never having her return again *Shakes fist into air* I also liked AngeixAsh from D/P series, it was pretty clear she had feelings for him each episode she was in, even her parents could tell and teased her, wouldn't it be great if they even just gave her a cameo some how this series? *Sigh* We at least know Best Wishes continues from D/P series left off, why not? Oh well, thats another subject.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

My two main one-sided ships are PokéShipping and PenguinShipping. I think they're the only two one-sided ships I ship, actually.

I like unrequited love to be honest. Because it gives me the illusion that someday, the feelings that x has for y, will be returned someday if x doesn't give up.

I don't think I do, since I like it when the ideal pairing acknowledges it on both sides, whether they become a couple or not. However, 4KIDS has always pushed the envelope for Pokéshipping back in the day. "Misty's Song" was pretty one-sided, as Ash wasn't exactly listening, and when he wondered if she said something to him, she brushed it off. Same goes for "He Drives Me Crazy", though that's a bit borderline, since she's not lamenting about telling him her feelings and is instead wondering why she continues to journey with him. So in a way, I think Pokéshipping was the big unrequited love for Pokémon at the time, if 4KIDS was ever taken into consideration. The original Japanese script may have done this too, but it's hard to say at this point.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Yes! I do like unrequited ships - mainly Penguinshipping from Kenny's side and (this more crackish, but...) Coldcoffeeshipping from Barry's side.

I actually am. The only two I really support are Pokeshipping and Specialshipping.
    Pokemon Alpha Sahppire Team

Trainer Name: Erin
    3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720

Oh, yes, I do. I think they can be from humorous to poignant. I think my favourite one-sided shipping is HeatTagShipping. It's so quirky and adorable.
    Last edited by Likeitornot.; 26th November 2012 at 6:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    I like unrequited love to be honest. Because it gives me the illusion that someday, the feelings that x has for y, will be returned someday if x doesn't give up.
    I agree and I'm happy that I'm not alone in that regard. I also like some ships to where the girl would chase the guy around for laughs (blames Sonic fandom!~). Anyway, my favorite one-sided ship betelgeuseshipping. You can definitely tell that it's one-sided and you can tell that one clearly has a thing for the other. Emotionless, god-complexed man and an impressionable girl = yeaah. But yeah, I got to see one part of the anime (because I dislike the anime so I seldom watch it) where Mars was distraught after Cyrus went into his new world and I wanted to cry along with her. :[ (funny thing is that she still wants to go with him after he says that he's been using her and the others)
    岩根雅明=♡

I do happen to ship a ton of these. I've always been a fan of these pairings cause it gives me hope that maybe one day, the other character might end up getting feelings for the other. Plus, I think it's interesting to see how the two interact if one has feelings for the other. Interesting, right? I know.

Credit | Author's Profile | Multi-Shipper ☆ Drew fan | Status: Inactive

I don't usually go for these, but recently whenever I watch the third movie I get the sensation that Skyler might've had a thing for Professor Hale. I think that's sort of cute, so I'm doing nothing to discourage myself from shipping it.
    This conversation needs more Ignitionshipping.
    --------------------------------------

--------------------------------------

I actually love these. Grantedshipping, specialshipping, and slushshipping are two of my favorite one-sided ships.

I can kinda see Yellow being with Lance due to duty or something or the sort rather than love him while Lance knows it, but wholeheartedly loves Yellow anyways. In my headcanon, Red knows that Yellow like him but pretends to be oblivious because he can't return her feelings. Ironically, Yellow knows that Red knows but continues to love him anyways. I just love the idea of Flint looking longingly at Candice, who is looking longingly at Volkner, who is with Jasmine. And Flint and Candice hook up just because, and she stays with Flint even though she loves his best friend, and Flint knows that she doesn't love him.

Bah, the angst.
    e, e, e, electric shock
    The electric shocks are flowing down my body
    About to faint, risky, e l e c t r i f y i n g
    Set the voltage, love me

I’m in shock

I like some of them to be honest. ^^ Hinata/Naruto and Kaede/Rin I think are kinda cute (Even though I ship Asa/Rin too...both are cute. :3) and Yellow/Red is just absolutely adorable. <3
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Depends on how you look at it. The only shipping I support/care about is Pokeshipping. As some people say it is one sided but a lot of fans think it's not one sided and Im included in that group. So if you ask me I don't support a shipping that is one sided (even if Misty has way more hints towards Ash then the other way around).

Coldcoffee will always be my favorite one-sided ship. And then, I'm not a too much fan of Advanceshipping, but I think it works really well as one-sided, May wanting her sempai/sensei to notice her.

I do ship onesided pairing like Naruto/Hinata ,Rin/Sia, Tsukune/Ruby. I find it interesting. At some point I look at most Ash shipping even the main ones as onesided pairings since Ash doesn't know girl's feelings. That is the fun part for fandom like fanfiction and fanart.

Banner made by Skiyomi

HeatTagShipping, LethalAttractionShipping, PokeShipping, FireShipping, PenguinShipping, AppleFantasyShipping, AbilityShipping, LagomorphShipping, MorpheusShipping, SomeoneElseShipping, ChikoShipping and this list could be going on and on.
    Incomplete tasks:
    Multi-Chaptered
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble
    Drabble

Almost any of Ash shippings can be considered one-sided. While people mention the cliched Pokeshipping and Misty over and over again, I would like to bring a certain Anabel and Angie into the equation. Pokeshipping at least has a huge fandom to support, these poor girls need some mention too :3

The KING of UNREQUITED love however is KENNY. He deserves all those BBCodes. The poor guy is standing behind in a line containing Ash, Paul, Riley, Cynthia, Barry, Zoey and Conway and perhaps even Cyrys if you mix worlds. (Maybe he and Conway are on equal level in terms of popularity.) He has a huge line of rivalships in front of him.

His battle style and his Pokemon clearly shows that he's more of a Gym Battler like Ash than a coordinator like Dawn. The only reason I believe he took the contest route was so that he could be a good coordinator before Dawn could start her journey and catch up to him. And as luck would play it, Dawn ended up travelling with Ash. But he still didn't give up (because Ash is dense as brick and Brock doesn't care for young girls) and got stronger and stronger. He wanted to impress her by beating in the grand festival only to get a massive F U on his face and got booted out. In his desperation, he directly proposed her to come with him after lurking in the backgrounds for 180ISH episodes. And then Dawn gave him a letter.

"Maybe, call me after few days. I'm busy cheering Ash"

Did he give up no? He must be sitting in Hoenn, waiting for her and tell it's just a coincidence he met her.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 22nd June 2013 at 6:00 PM.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

This topic was bumped after over 30 days of inactivity, so I'm going to have to close it.