Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: There's a New Gym Leader in Town! (772)

So Oshawott lost. Well it is the most disappointing of Ash's Unova pokemon, so I'm not surprised. I had such high hopes for Ash when he caught all three starters as well.
    Is it just me, or does Oshawott not actually seem to deserve to have the move Hydro Pump? I mean, Squirtle had earned it by the time he got the move, and Palpitoad has proven itself worthy of the move time and time again. To me, Oshawott having such a powerful move cheapens it.

I know that the usual argument against Oshawott evolving is "Merchandising" and although it annoys me, I get it. But surely the very worst thing they could do for merchandising is make Oshawott as bad as it is?
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

Ugh, Ash/Oshawott lost... AGAIN.

Nah, i'm sick of this now Ash loses way too frequently and it's ridiculous. I'd accept the matter if Ash hadn't been to the League yet but he has and thats a sign of strength and experience. Oshawott losing for the 1millionth time just makes Ash look worse and worse.

The rest of the episode looks good, but Ash losing yet again has made me realise just how much the writers suck.

2/10.

The battle was so rushed it was laughable. XD I really wonder why they had Oshowott lose. Those darn Critical Hits.

But other than that CHEREN APPEARED! and DENTO HAD A bIGGER ROLE. YAY.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Probably because Stunfisk is weak to water. Plus it can't move nearly as well as Pansage and we saw what happened to it.
    Well it's double-double, but Stunfisk are mostly in the bottom of ponds and in puddles and Pansage was trained and or naturally good at swimming in water. So pretty much what you said. :P
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 31st January 2013 at 6:37 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    The battle was so rushed it was laughable. XD I really wonder why they had Oshowott lose.
    Probably because they knew the fans would rage and we all know the writers love nothing more than to piss off the fans and lose them as viewers.

I did not rage at the battle. I thought it was good and very nicely done. Although herdier kind of gimped himself by dropping fire fang.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Probably because they knew the fans would rage and we all know the writers love nothing more than to piss off the fans and lose them as viewers.
    No they don't, you know nothing the writers want to do. The raging fanbase is the fault of the fans expecting too much again. So the fans should be piss off at themselves for hyping everything in BW.

And say Ash wins too much in XY, then people would say Ash should lose.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I wrote how I feel about Oshawott losing in the next Pokémon thread.

To repeat here: It needs to get off Ash's team.

It is the worst Pokémon he's ever had, it's his weakest Unova Pokémon ever.

Scraggy is far more impressive.

I want Oshawott gone.

This is why Ash looks like a joke trainer, because the writers and executives focus why too god damn much on merchandise, that it screws Ash over as a trainer who wants to be a Pokémon master.

I want it gone, release, trade, whatever, I don't want to see the loser any more on Ash's team. I've had it with that stupid Sea Otter Pokémon.
    Don't be so melodramatic. Oshawott getting released would be absolutely ridiculous and wouldn't solve anything. It would just make an already badly written character even worse. You've regularly complained that releases make for awful television, just because you don't like Oshawott(/have become disappointed with it) doesn't mean it should be released. It's the same ridiculous mentality that was around when people suggested Drayden taking Dragonite away. Fixing bad writing with more bad writing won't fix anything.

I mean, really.

That said, this wasn't a very good episode. It was just... boring. Three quarters of it was bland filler, while the last couple of minutes was just an extremely rushed battle. I'm really getting tired of Axew's baby antics. Both he and Scraggy were becoming more grown up throughout the series, but Axew still seems to be stuck in the same rut. I don't mind them giving him some baby-ish traits, but having every bad situation be caused by Axew is just getting too repetitive. Seeing Unfezant or someone who's not usually silly like Axew would be refreshing (like Excadrill!).

Everything relating to Axew's mishap was pretty bland. I was hoping that when Cheren finally appeared in the anime he would be more than just a generic CotD. 8( His role in the episode felt utterly pointless (as did... everything that happened). Cilan's scene with the Ducklett were pretty funny (nice to see Pansage showing some personality too), but yeah. Doesn't redeem a bad episode.

I could have lived with Oshawott losing if the battle hadn't been so terrible. Couldn't they have cut some of the Pokemon searching and had a proper battle? I'm getting so tired of BW cutting so many battles short and just having poor one-on-one battles.

Pretty boring and bland episode overall. I hope the rest of Episode N isn't stuffed with generic "look what Axew did" fillers.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I did not rage at the battle. I thought it was good and very nicely done. Although herdier kind of gimped himself by dropping fire fang.
    If you feel like that i'm pleased for you because for me, it's the very opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    No they don't, you know nothing the writers want to do. The raging fanbase is the fault of the fans expecting too much again. So the fans should be piss off at themselves for hyping everything in BW.
    This battle was not hyped at all, infact the only hyped thing of this episode was meeting Cheren. As a fan, i did not hype myself at all for the battle as i figured it would end with a draw or unresolved battle (which is still horrendous enough nowadays but i'd have settled with it) but i know for a fact i didn't want Ash to lose yet again and that's exactly what happened.

Ridiculous.

Speaking for myself alone, no i wouldn't.

I was a big fan of the OS Beyblade as a kid, Tyson was the perfect example of a strong character who lost occassionally.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    On a lighter note.
    V
        Spoiler:- this:
    Huah!

I really dig that pic even though this battle was pretty lame IMO since I expected a lot more from Oshawott.

I've never cared for Oshawott, so I could care less that it lost.

There was nothing note-worthy or interesting about this episode. Cheren was pretty boring in my opinion so I'll never understand all the fuss about him.

This was the third episode of Episode N and I haven't been impressed so far. Episode 2 has been the only decent one so far, honestly.

Poor Oshawott just can't catch a break from losing can he :/
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Haven't watched the episode yet but by the pictures it seems the battle is over and Oshawott is just koed in a comedic way or am I wrong? I just see people whining none explaining anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Haven't watched the episode yet but by the pictures it seems the battle is over and Oshawott is just koed in a comedic way or am I wrong? I just see people whining none explaining anything.
    He loses to a single Thunder Fang after trying to get his Scalchop back which Herdier knocked away with Take Down. All that training to ignore the shell gone to waste since the very episode it learned to fight without it :P
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

This is getting ridiculous. I don't know if it's Ash's fault, Oshawott's fault or a mixture of both but this is getting really annoying for me considering I'm a huge Ash and Oshawott fan.

I know I there were negative posts made by me about Oshawott's failure and lack of Stunfisk but I do have to say I enjoyed seeing the groups split up and trying to get the pokemon. It was great seeing Sunflora again for some reason. I'm suprised people didn't complain about Ahs scanning Sunflora and Shinx.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    He loses to a single Thunder Fang after trying to get his Scalchop back which Herdier knocked away with Take Down. All that training to ignore the shell gone to waste since the very episode it learned to fight without it :P
    Well Scalchop is part of his battle style but yeah enough of that they just wanted to be funny and thats why he got knocked out basicly since he tanked some of Hydreigon attacks which are surelly stronger then Herdier.

They ruined his character a long time ago, or rather his popularity made them change his character and ruin it, atleast to me, I still find him funny but its getting annoying.

I wonder if it's possible that Cheren makes a reappearance in the anime. I mean he is really popular in the games that maybe he will appear again and have a rematch with Ash.

Saw the pictures, looks fine to me.

Wasn't sure if the battle would get interrupted or not, was expecting it to happen at the start of the episode too.

I'll enjoy the episode more once I watch it and understand what's being said.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post

the writers have done **** all this entire season

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Well Scalchop is part of his battle style but yeah enough of that they just wanted to be funny and thats why he got knocked out basicly since he tanked some of Hydreigon attacks which are surelly stronger then Herdier.

They ruined his character a long time ago, or rather his popularity made them change his character and ruin it, atleast to me, I still find him funny but its getting annoying.
    I'm not much of a extremest on him like dman, but I do agree that he's becoming one of Ash's weakest Pokemon. Maybe he really isn't, but he is being depicted that way. The day he wins again is the day I'll be proud that I like him

I'm not much of a extremest on him like dman, but I do agree that he's becoming one of Ash's weakest Pokemon. Maybe he really isn't, but he is being depicted that way. The day he wins again is the day I'll be proud that I like him
    I don't know when it started to go downhill for the poor sea otter but he started off so strong. Maybe losing to Bianca's dad was the start of him going downhill.

I agree with everything Dman said aside from the releasing/trading part.

Oshawott is a complete and utter joke. What's worse is that he makes Ash look like even more of a joke.

The writers are pathetic. I'm sick of this happening now, they have really screwed up Ash's strength as a trainer and the power of his team.

I genuinely feel that if this keeps up for much longer i'll stop watching the anime at the end of BW, which believe me i don't want to do.

That doesn't mean much, they made him have a good showing against Hydreigon, they just prefer to use him as a comedy tool 90% of the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I don't know when it started to go downhill for the poor sea otter but he started off so strong. Maybe losing to Bianca's dad was the start of him going downhill.
    They started to write him more and more as a marketing tool instead of just being funny but striving to be strong around the 5th gym.

Was I the only one hoping Rosa or Nate would get some kind of cameo in this episode?

Eh, I didn't have as much of a problem with the loss for Oshawott. I never really saw this as a big battle for it. I meanhad this been for Ash's gym badge then I'd be upset, but we knew going in that this episode and battle would be lighthearted. Do I want him to win? Yes, but this isn't the pinnacle for him. He's hardly as weak as people think.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast