Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: There's a New Gym Leader in Town! (772)

Quote Originally Posted by ysmr97 View Post
    I think it did it's job as a filler. I liked it.
    Not a filler if Cheren was in it.

As for what bothered me in this episode was Oshy losing. The thing has had like maybe two wins out of like 8 or 9 battles. (Maybe more) I feel as if Corphish and Buziel had a better win record then again Ash's Unova team seem to be as weak as his Kanto and Johto team so yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Not a filler if Cheren was in it.
    He doesn't appear in any other episode and he's practically a CoTD. Hence forth, this is filler.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    He doesn't appear in any other episode and he's practically a CoTD. Hence forth, this is filler.
    Cheren and his gym were previously mentioned in other non-filler episodes. Plus you can't skip this because Ash and his friends decide to travel there in a previous episode. And the inclusion of a character from the games should be more than enough to say this is a non-filler.
    Last edited by diakyu; 6th May 2013 at 12:56 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

This was an ok episode. There wasn't anything too special that stuck out to me.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

All that drama with the Shinx kind of dropped when I noticed there was a second Shinx that ran out from the house.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Not a too exciting episode, and imo Cheren felt disappointing to me. His voice is alright, and certainely not what I expected. It's just that his original character feels stripped away. No mention of Bianca (but never totally proven), never battled/met Cilan for a Gym Battle, and no obsession with being the strongest. I guess that's where Trip came in.

However, Cheren won me over as an acceptable character due to his love for Pokemon and wanting to teach his students well.

Axew, for the love of everything left in BW, STOP causing trouble! Sorry Pikachu, for you had to get in on this mess too, only because you tried to stop Axew.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I see the school has computers. Wonder what sites they have on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I see the school has computers. Wonder what sites they have on the internet?
    I doubt anything too mature. There are young kids using them.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 6th May 2013 at 8:44 AM.

Just as boring as I remember the subbed version. Don't like Cheren's voice and they wasted the opportunity for lots of game references. Not like we're ever going to see him again, they could have mentioned all sorts of things.

And what's up with the battlefield not being ready? It's just a patch of ground and it looked exactly the same as any other arena.

Axew used as a plot device yet again. At least when Team Rocket were used like that it's in their job description to kidnap random Pokémon.

At least the N arc's second worst episode is past us now.

It was an ok episode could've done with out the Pokemon round up, also would've been nice to get alittle bit more focus on Cheren. I enjoyed the dynamic between Cilan & Cheren.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

It was a decent episode. I'm glad that Ash finally put the hypocrite Iris in her place. The "gym" battle was good until they rehashed Oshowatt's scalchop obsession. Pretty lame way for such a promising battle to end.

Great episode, was great to see Cheren! Plus I loved the bit where Ash called Iris a kid, that made my entire life there. The brief exchange of pars was quite funny to watch. I wonder if we'll see Cheren again?
    Amourshipping FanFics coming soon after exams!
    FanFiction Account: EllisW

Well, I like this episode its pretty good I guess! Oh and the Aspertia City's gym should of still been shown on the map.

So I like Cheren, he seems really nice! I also like how Ash is wanting to battle him but he's not feeling like he's ready 'cause of being a new gym leader and Cilan noticing that was pretty cool too. Lol, Ash is calling Iris a kid now. XD

Oh yeah, I found the scenes with Ash, Iris and Cilan chasing all of those Pokemon running around really funny too! I thought the battle was all right, kinda short but its cool to see Ash vs Cheren anyway and while Oshawott lost, I found him really funny the all the way through!

Anyway, its nice to Cheren appearing but now Ash and co are off again! So yeah, its a good episode I really like it! I can't wait for the next episode!! I'll give it a 7.5/10 as most of it is fine but its too bad Oshawott lost.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

I loved that Ash called Iris a kid. I think Cheren's voice suits him. I thought it was weird that Cheren hugged Shinx to make him stop using Thunder like Ash does to Pikachu sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I thought it was weird that Cheren hugged Shinx to make him stop using Thunder like Ash does to Pikachu sometimes.
    Hugs make everything better.

This an OK episode in my opinion. It's good to Cheren in the anime, I liked how he wanted to teach the kids about Pokémon.
    Axew was causing trouble in this episode AGAIN and this time Pikachu got into the mess too. Geez, I hate it when he does that, Iris should've kept an eye on her Axew. It's cool how Ash found the Sunflora by using his Pokédex.
    The battle between Ash and Cheren was disappointing, he should've chosen any other Pokémon instead of Oshawott.

The best part of the episode was Ash calling Iris a kid. it's good to see Ash giving Iris a taste of her own joke.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Hah, my favorite part of this episode had to be where the twerps were rounding up all the school's pokemon. Pansage getting mad at Cilan and Iris stuffing minccinos in a soup pot were hilarious. I also like Cilan sharing his memories of being a gym leader. I also liked Ash calling Iris a kid.

7/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567