Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Your future Career.

Well, currently studying Computer Science and I've had a job doing web design/development work for a couple of years now, so will probably go into some sort of programming job after uni. Not entirely convinced that's what I wanna spend the rest of my life doing, but in contrast to the rest of the jobs market there's plenty of positions out there and I reckon its a good skills to have.

Been quite keen on some sort of police work, although they're not recruiting here in the UK at the moment and likely won't be for some time. Might to a post-grad course in Computer Forensics.
    SOUL SILVER

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    well, what i want to become and what i most likely will become are 2 totally different things.
    I would love to be a detective, and possibly write some mystery (or possibly science fiction) novels.

But i will most likely become a paralegal, cuz my parents cant afford much more than that.
    Smartest person on the thread. Because, well, that's generally how life works.

I had great designs on several career options through high school and college. I was going to write or be an editor; I was going to get into comic books; I was going to be a college professor; I was going to do webcomics.

Turns out I spent most of my 20's being a Receiving Manager at a Barnes & Noble, and now have settled into my career (hopefully!) working for the Department of Public Welfare after a two year segue working for Mental Health/Mental Retardation. Which sounds depressing--I literally took no preparation for this field in college and would never have believed I'd be here when I was, say, 29, but... here I am. It pays well, my wife and I are comfortable, and that's what matters. But it's hardly something I ever dreamed of doing growing up.

Still wish more than anything I was in the comic book industry, though; even if it is a dying field.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

I want to be a Killer Whale trainer at SeaWorld San Diego. Either that or work in the Animal Rescue Dept. at SeaWorld San Diego
    Last edited by OrcaCity; 4th February 2013 at 11:06 PM.
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    I currently want to go into palaeontology, but right now I also do animal photography as a hobby. I'm not sure what I'll end up doing.
    Paleontology is an interesting field! I had the subject in the first semester of the 2nd year of Geology (before I changed courses to Food Engineering) and I really enjoyed it.

Neuroscientist. I wish to shed some light on how the human brain works.

Credit to ~BrightStarVictory~ for the banner

I'm trying to keep open-minded about future job prospects. This year I'm starting my IB Diploma (International Baccalaureate) and I'm hoping that will get me into a decent university to study Psychology. It's an area that's always fascinated me, and I'd love to help people out in such a direct sociable way.
    The goal is to find a placement as a Trainee Clinical Psychologist once I graduate, but if that proves difficult I might go into teaching beforehand. It's a competitive field, so there's no way I could put all my eggs in one basket even if I wanted to.

lmao @ op

I'm a senior in High School now, gonna go to college and study up to be a Registered Nurse
    "Signature Strike 1 - Sig image is wider than 600 pixels. Removed." WELL DANG

ignorance is bliss winkface
    now im gone winkface

I want to become a scientist and research in genetechnology, diseases or neuroscience (about the brain).

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

I've been considering a couple. Firearms designer, artist, concept artist (for video games), and video game designer.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

I'm hoping to become a History teacher in the French Immersion program so that I can have a job basically anywhere in Canada.

I can still have a true heart
    With a free mind
    A good life
    With a good time

I would love to teach English in South Korea, but I am going to work to save money to go there.
    Indigohex is a retired fifty-three star surgeon-general who wishes that you be careful for what you wish for in "Corrupt a Wish", because your wish WILL get corrupted. He wished that "Celebrity Splash" would get cancelled, and now a second season of Brynne: My Bedazzled Life will be on TV. The views reflected in the posts above and below this post does not necessarily reflect the views of Serebii.net, its owners or shareholders.

Indigohex: Serebii.net Forums' Voice

I would love to become a police officer in Australia after getting some experience with being a police officer in my current city.

I write. So whenever I feel satisfied with one of my stories, I'll send them in to countless publishers in the hopes of getting published.

Well, I already study to become a car engineer (I don't know what the correct title in English is) so I guess that's gonna be what my future holds.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I have five main things I want to be when I grow up:

1) A lawyer, preferably a prosecutor or a judge
    2) A composer
    3) A novelist
    4) A translator who translates different anime, manga, video games, and maybe even real books into Korean
    5) An English teacher in South Korea

I haven't decided on which one I want to be the most, and I still have plenty of time to do so, but any of the above will do.

Hmm... my future career is to be an Author. I've always enjoyed writing my own work (related to Pokemon XD). I also have a great scene in creativity! Heck, one of my new year resolutions was to post a lot more in the Fan Fiction section and give some great reviews as well as post my own story that I'm currently working on. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    Paleontology is an interesting field! I had the subject in the first semester of the 2nd year of Geology (before I changed courses to Food Engineering) and I really enjoyed it.
    This. ^_^ I've been into dinosaurs and early man from an early age, and it's always been a passion for me. Now I do Latin, it's great to understand how names for early humans and dinosaurs came to be. I also really enjoy Geography so the digging-of-fossils part is even more fun for me. Geology rocks! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

I either want to be an animator or an author, however, I'm always going to lean towards the writing portion of my life. Telling stories is my favorite thing to do, and I feel that animation is the best way to do it.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

I love threads like this, it shows me who are daydreaming teenagers in highschool and who are the actual mature users around here.

That being said, I've been working on going up north to school for Pre-Med. If all goes well, hopefully I'll have the chance to go to med school in the next decade and study pathology.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    I love threads like this, it shows me who are daydreaming teenagers in highschool and who are the actual mature users around here.
    Haha, I'm actually more interested in the daydreaming teenager's. After all, the real successful people are the ones who keep their dreams from school even once they've been exposed to the real world.

That said, I'm kind of along with many others in this thread, I'd like to be an animator of sorts. Either 2d or 3d, though 3d I have more experience in(my 3d thread is in the fan-art section, thought I'd throw in a shameless plug). I always enjoy animated movies and how they can convey a story/emotion despite just being a collection of frames.
    ----------------------------------

I genuinely have no idea. I've considered Psychology, Teaching, Architecture, computer Science, and even Law, but none stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darato View Post
    I'm about to start work as an Electrician

L.F.D.
    Wouldn't gravedigging be more your thing to satisfy your necrophilia? As per this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Darato
    I’ve been turned on by a dead body every now and then but I would never do anything. I would hate to see someone being dug up for someone to engage in this act. But if your lover dies and says you can have sex with there dead body its just fine with me.
    Just a thought!
    Last edited by facetious; 3rd February 2013 at 11:18 PM.

I currently study Architecture. Can't wait to get out of it.

Black 2 FC: Hybrid 1077-8620-9942

I'm already working my future career. I'm a railroader. I love working on and around trains.

Sa chúlra. FC: 0090-1349-6006

I'm going to be a History Teacher. I've always loved history. It's the only subject that I've ever done really good. Human history is just so fascinating, to say the least. Not to mention, I'll be an awesome teacher.

Sprites made by Botchan-MLP

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast