Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should the GTS be in anymore Pokemon games?

Fixing it, On the other hand would be highly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer SonicLife View Post
    I used the GTS once and saw a Shiny Dialga that was a MALE....
    This is impossible. Don't exaggerate to prove your point.

I don't think he/she's exaggerating... I see weird stuff on there all the time, like pokemon whose sprite doesn't match their species.

It does need fixing. Low level legends and cheats need to be blocked somehow. I usually throw a poke onto the GTS, then jump over to Negotiations. Negotiations works about 50% of the time to find a trade, if you're not looking for an exact pokemon. Sometimes you just end up paired with someone who wants to show off their legends/shinies or refuses to accept anything but legends/shinies though. Or can't work the touch screen well enough to confirm the trade. Nothing as irritating as a fair trade that gets canceled three times in a row. (three strikes you're out)
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    I don't think he/she's exaggerating... I see weird stuff on there all the time, like pokemon whose sprite doesn't match their species.

It does need fixing. Low level legends and cheats need to be blocked somehow. I usually throw a poke onto the GTS, then jump over to Negotiations. Negotiations works about 50% of the time to find a trade, if you're not looking for an exact pokemon. Sometimes you just end up paired with someone who wants to show off their legends/shinies or refuses to accept anything but legends/shinies though. Or can't work the touch screen well enough to confirm the trade. Nothing as irritating as a fair trade that gets canceled three times in a row. (three strikes you're out)
    Oh, yeah. Trolls are everywhere, just bragging about they're shiny Dewott they captured in Masterballs... Unless it's a Dreamworld one (whihc it isn't), they can't.

And it's annoying that only Legends are tradable. Especcially since every single one I already have anywayp <_< it's them Bidoofed Version Excusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    They should probably do a legitimacy test, like checking if fake moves/unobtainable level, etc.
    There is, it's just pretty poor.

I used the GTS once and saw a Shiny Dialga that was a MALE....
    Please, there are some things that are blocked by the GTS, gendered genderless Pokemon being an example of such. If you're going to lie, at least do a better job than this.

I'd say it should definately remain. Yeah, if you're going there to trying to get legends you're probably going to have trouble. But it's very useful when trying to get unobtainable pokemon (version exclusives, other gen starters, etc.).

They should definately do something to fix it though. It'd be a great if there was a hack check, and they need to make it so every trade is possible. Sometimes I'll be searching for something and all 7 results are asking for a Zekrom/Reshiram at level 9 or below (literally, although it's rare). Also think it'd be cool if they automatically rejected a pokemon (that is, remove it from search results and return it to the game the next time the owner logs in) if it wasn't traded within a certain amount of time (like maybe a month or something).
    Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    That's known as the morphing glitch. Generally, when I see it, the pokemon up for offer has morphed into the pokemon being asked for.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

The GTS should stay. Even in its current form, it is still better than nothing ;-).

However, Gamefreak really needs to fix it. As others have stated before, the amount of trolls/hackers requesting for underlevelled legendaries and evos I see on there is beyond ridiculous. I search for a Sableye that is obtainable ingame (in hopes of getting a DW one because I don't want to even touch the dream world, Prankster is awsome) to find inane numbers of these trolls requesting for level 1 or 100 legendaries just for a Sableye. As it stands, the GTS is pretty much how I would imagine 4chan to be like in terms of the number and ferocity of trolls on there. However, more than minimum level limits are needed to eliminate these trolls because with only that in place, the trolls that were spamming underlevelled pokemon will only begin spamming requests for level 100s, which I have no solutions to yet.

I haven't used the GTS in a long long time, for all the reasons people have mentioned above. That's why places like the trade boards on this forum and wifi chat on the main site are so great. Can actually deal with reasonable people and get some proper business done.

Hopefully they'll fix the GTS in Gen 6. For a feature with so much potential it seems a shame just to bin it or leave it in its current state. My only concern is that you can put as many hack checks, fail safes and boundaries in place as you want, but if people don't want to be reasonable then there's very little you can do to force them to be so. Still, blocking lv9 legendaries would be a start...
    ALPHA SAHPHIRE

To quote jaitsu from CAWs;"Never remove,only improve."

I still use it so.. naw <.> They should just fix the little problems it has like everyone else has said... like the hack checker and such <.>
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Only if they can fix the BS impossible to get Pokemon (as in level 9 and under Zekrom)

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

It needs serious tweaking. Took me ages to work out how to remove Pokemon from the negotiations page once shown.
    The amount of under Lv 9 Zekrom's and Reshirams people are asking for on the GTS annoys me.

The ability to search for unseen Pokemon would be nice. Also a window to select what you're looking for and what you can offer would be ideal, as it's completely random and showing you a small pick of whats on offer is rather lame.

Black 2 FC: Hybrid 1077-8620-9942

In the beginning, The Pokemon GTS was used for Trading pokemon. Well over the years, The GTS got abused with DNS Cheaters. Now This takes the fun out of games for people. Should it be taken out or at least fixed?
    i think it should still exist, but they need to fix it so that you can't ask to recieve pokemon that you can't get without cheating, (ex. a level 10 torterra)
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

It will stay. You can trade with your far away friends or if none of your friends play you can trade with random people.

If they removed it, i wound't even notice. I used it before, but i can never find what i want thats actually tradeable. So i started using the forums for trading and never looked back.

however i did get a Shiny Combee off of a trade, so random goodies can show up. For those that use it, i hope they fix it, but as for myself, not going to miss it.

Black FC: 0905 8203 0859

I rather it stays its nice to get Pokemon from around the world and easy to breed. Some friends might not even have access to WiFi so its nice to have GTS as a second option. I don't see them removing it
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

It should stay, But it should be fixed in all the ways listed in this thread. (not allowing you to ask for lvl 9 and under Zekroms, removing already traded pokemon and allowing you to see more than 7 people)
    I'd also like to add that if there are 2 pokemon in the GTS asking for each other in trade it should auto complete the trade. (Seriously I think it even says "Checking the GTS" when you put something up, so why does it not check the GTS for what you ask for and trade if it's there?!) eg. If there is a Female Flareon asking for a level 100 Vaporeon and I put my Lvl100 Vaporeon up asking for any female Flareon it should trade then and there. - this would also make Magnemite coiling so much quicker.

nah it's good for getting dwf's. I just deposit random pokemon and ask for female pokemon of the dwf I want.
    though the lvl 9 and under zekroms and reshirams really annoy me >.>
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

i think they just need to fix certain issues...get rid of the cheaters & it'd be great

current team:

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    But some of us don't have that luxury, which makes the GTS great. The only thing I would fix is to have people ask for sensible trades. there are some legendaries that can be level 9 and under but yeah...
    This has been the case for me as well, until recently when I picked up a 3DS. But since 2007, I only had one single DS and usually nobody in my age group to trade with. So the GTS was invaluable...

That was until White came out and the geniuses forgot to add a NPC that had either Vullaby or Mandibuzz so that the dex listing would allow them to be traded for on the GTS. (Also, I don't have internet access at my house so GTS trading and DW have become even more of an inconvenience for me in the past year.)

i would like to see something were i am able to see all of the listings for a particular pokemon, rather than just 8 or w/e it is now. as well as sort by pokemon that person is seeking. A few minor adjustments and this will be already ten times better than what they have now.

Honestly, my main problem with the GTS is the fact that you can not search for, or trade for pokemon you haven't seen yet. If that was addressed, I feel like people would actually use it more.
    Chive on!
    I'm sick of always hearing
    All the
    sad songs on the radio
    All day it is there to remind
    An over sensitive guy
    That he's
    lost and alone

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Venusaur View Post
    Honestly, my main problem with the GTS is the fact that you can not search for, or trade for pokemon you haven't seen yet. If that was addressed, I feel like people would actually use it more.
    If they made it so people can search for and trade for pokemon they have yet to see, then that would make completing the Pokedex far too easy.
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

Quote Originally Posted by floodz66 View Post
    If they made it so people can search for and trade for pokemon they have yet to see, then that would make completing the Pokedex far too easy.
    You still have to find offers you can match. And the point of it is global trading, so giving us the option to find everything makes sense, even if that feature was locked until the credits role after the league. There's no point in searching for pokemon you already have.
    Chive on!
    I'm sick of always hearing
    All the
    sad songs on the radio
    All day it is there to remind
    An over sensitive guy
    That he's
    lost and alone

I really think the GTS and GTS Negotiations should be on all future Pokemon games. It can really help people to filld their Pokedex. Especially if they don't' have any trade partners, money to buy another DS/3DS to trade with, and don't go on forums like Serebii.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast