Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: S P I R I T [Sign-Up Thread]

Default S P I R I T [Sign-Up Thread]

S P I R I T

*AS OF NOW, SIGN-UPS ARE CLOSED*

~PLOT~

The supernatural: goblins, ghouls, demons, beasts, and even the mythological. They dwell within their own realm, or at least that’s how it used to be. The supernatural belong in the realm of Mystonia. It’s a vast and open world, full of creatures that can’t be explained by modern science. They’re extraordinary and pose a threat to humans. Lately, there have been more encounters and occurrences of creatures believed not to exist. Accounts have been very minimal, but now they’re at an all-time high, becoming much more frequent. After numerous investigations, it has been discovered that the realm of Mystonia has been slowly opening into the realm where the humans reign, referred to as the Worldly realm where Earth exists. This Earth, however, is in a Pangaea-like state.

The creatures that have been crossing over have been spreading fear and mayhem across the world. Some lie dormant and hide in the shadows, while others attack in public, wanting to be known. Not a single kind hearted, divine, or righteous supernatural being is left. They have all been corrupted and are being manipulated to aid in the sudden attack on humans for mischief and plain evil doings. The growing fear among the people has caused them to react. Some have tried fighting back, but they were no match. The supernatural beings were too strong for ordinary humans. It seemed that the only way to retaliate the paranormal would be to be paranormal as well. In the world there have been natural occurrences of not so natural phenomena. For instance, there are humans who naturally have powers, or gain powers later in their life. These humans were the last hope in combating the supernatural. The problem was that there was so few, and they were scattered. This is where the government came into play.

In response to the sudden surge of encounters, an organization has been created by the central government of the world in order to stop these cases. The name of that organization, The Supernatural Phenomena Investigators and Researchers in Terror, or popularly referred to as SPIRIT. The government was aware of the natural occurrences of paranormal humans. They had been researching the subject for years. They started to organization with them in mind, and the group would be comprised of special humans who have shown to demonstrate extraordinary powers. To find the recruits the central government sent out a public announcement for the whole world to hear:

“We ask that all people who have discovered an unexplained and special gift within themselves please enroll into the SPIRIT program. We need your help in combating the supernatural and we need heroes to step up, now. It’s your chance to help the world against these beings. Contact us at our headquarters for more information and begin today.”

The central government was desperate, and so were the people. Soon enough, individuals began to show up at the headquarters. At first there were few, but then others began to join. There’s still aren’t many, but now the organization is up and running. Their goal is to capture and detain any supernatural beings in the Worldly Realm. These beings are then to be sent back to their own realm, where they will remain after being sealed. Leading scientists have created all sorts of new technology that has made much of the operations possible, such as the travel between realms. This allows the investigators of the SPIRIT team to travel to Mystonia. All supernatural beings will be brought back and sealed to the place from which they came, but travel in Mystonia can be rigorous. The scientists have also created new technology that will aid in the conflict between the teams and supernaturals. Production is slow and new tools are occasionally introduced.

~YOUR ROLE~

You will be a new addition to the Elite Team in the SPIRIT organization. Only the highly skilled extraordinary humans are allowed into the group. You will be led by the leaders, Cynthia Viridian and Lucas Kendall, in the procedure of capturing and returning the supernatural beings.

Spoiler:- Map of Earth/Worldly Realm:

Special thanks to the awesome *Jean Grey* for help in refining my ideas!

~SIGN-UP FORM~

Name: Simple. A code name is optional as well.

Powers and Skills: What powers and skills does your character have? I trust you guys to have creative freedom, but please try to not make it OP. Don't go for something like Time Distortion or control over all elements. Try to keep one power, as in, no psychic abilities and elemental powers at the same time. I will be looking over this closely. Also, if your character uses any weapons you should describe them here.

Description: What does you character look like? I'd like 1-2 paragraphs for this.

Personality: How does your character behave? How does he/she interact with others? Again, I'd like 1-2 paragraphs for this.

History: What was your character's past like? Where are they from? Include the discovery of your character's powers here, how the supernatural beings impacted them, and how they discovered and joined the SPIRIT organization. I want at least 2 paragraphs for this.

Anything Else?: ...?

I agree to the inactivity rule.

~CHARACTERS~

- Cynthia Viridian (SenorLaughsaLot)
    - Lucas "Luke" Kendall (SenorLaughsaLot)

Leonardo "Leo" Silverstone "Lucky Star" (Monster Guy)
    Yuriko "Yuri" Tanaka "Shadow" (Billy Mays)
    Bruce Penner "Dr. Penner" (Sheps)
    Jared Thimbletack (ansem the wise)
    Stella Paris Stilton "Orange Shield" (Samantha Sparks)
    Alexis Cobalt "Colby" Stilton III "Purple Sword" (Samantha Sparks)
    Halt Jones "Hunter" (deltakurumiru4)
    Felicja Łukaszewicz / "Feliciana Luca" (*Jean Grey*)
    Ian Blackwood (SoulMuse)
    Lucrezia "Lucy" Stark (Elysian)
    Frey Ein Yggdrasil "Fey" (Lost Requiem)
    Andrea Bellamy/Andrew Stone (Monster Guy)
    Cameron Kingston (Lost Requiem)

~PLEASE READ~

Inactivity Rule

If anyone should remain inactive without prior notification, I will not hesitate to kick your character off the team, or even kill them off, if they're holding back the RP. I know things can get in the way, which is why the limit is two weeks. The story will move on without your character after one week, and if I see that you haven't returned after the second week, your character will be gone. However, if you do notify me that you will be gone for a certain amount of time, you/I can post an explanation for the character's absence. If they are playing a crucial role and are needed, I will bunny them the best I can. From now on, I want everyone to post that they agree to this rule in their sign-up.

Like this: I agree to the inactivity rule.
    Last edited by SenorLaughsaLot; 16th February 2013 at 8:56 PM.

[Not Made by Me]

I'll reserve a spot. :3
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Yesh! Reserve accepted. ^_^

[Not Made by Me]

Reserve for me too. This could be a bad idea, but I DUN CARE, I WANNA JOIN.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

And your reserve is accepted as well!

[Not Made by Me]

Reserve for me too of course! XD A shapeshifter with a wolf form...yup, I'd like to use Feli again for something. XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Of course you get one! Can't wait for Feli again. XD You are reserved.

[Not Made by Me]

Reserve, seems new and interesting, I'd like to try it out since my current RPG count it low.

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

You're reserved, Lost. Glad to have you join!

[Not Made by Me]

Oh, so this is the RP you spoke of.
    So, I presume we'll all be humans.
    I'm planning on making my character some magician. Is it fine if I have a familiar?
    Please help my dragons

Yuppers.
    Yes, extraordinary humans. XD
    What kind of familiar? Heh, a magician, and my character is some sort of witch.

Just so people know, my character will specialize in barrier magic.

[Not Made by Me]

Aww yeah! Hook me up with a reserve laughs!
    Evicted From Home = Retired

Sure thing, reserve accepted!

[Not Made by Me]

Im on my tablet Atm but tomorrow ill add my sign up. Reserve me a spot please?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I would be appreciative if you reserved a character for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Im on my tablet Atm but tomorrow ill add my sign up. Reserve me a spot please?
    Yeah, I'll reserve you... but when you post I want you to post with better grammar and spelling, alright? It's just that it can be messy at times. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by PokeLegend View Post
    I would be appreciative if you reserved a character for me.
    Sure thing.

I now put a limit on reserves for anyone else who might join. To the people with reserves, I'll let you keep them 'till Feb. 10. If anyone wants an extension, just ask.
    Last edited by SenorLaughsaLot; 1st February 2013 at 5:34 AM.

[Not Made by Me]

My familiar is a nine-tailed fox. For reasons, she can't utlise actual fire. She can activate some sort of 'Berserk Mode' as a last resort of sorts.
    Please help my dragons

Hmm, I guess. When I see your sign-up I'll see if it's alright.

[Not Made by Me]

Well, since Feli shapeshifts into wolf form, it's fair to say that she's a Druid. XD A combat-oriented one of course but still some sort of Druid. XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Ah yes. Just a warning - my character is a trap. In other words, a rather convincing crossdresser.
    Please help my dragons

Quote Originally Posted by *Jean Grey* View Post
    Well, since Feli shapeshifts into wolf form, it's fair to say that she's a Druid. XD A combat-oriented one of course but still some sort of Druid. XD
    I'd like to see what you're gonna do with her. Is she having a fake identity this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Sparks View Post
    Ah yes. Just a warning - my character is a trap. In other words, a rather convincing crossdresser.
    That's perfectly fine, everyone has creative freedom!

[Not Made by Me]

This looks like fun .Gives me a chance to have a run at a character backstory I have wanted to use for a long time but never could.

Now...just gotta find a way to make sure Direct sunlight won't kill him. (No I am not making a vampire).
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Okie Dokie. Putting you down for a reserve.

[Not Made by Me]

Name: Yuriko "Yuri" Tanaka, A.K.A. "Shadow"

Powers and Skills: Yuriko's power is to turn invisible. While invisable, she can move through walls, as long as they aren,t protected by any sort of magic barrier. The main downside to her power though, is that her shadow does not turn invisable as well. At night or in the dark, this isn't really a problem; in the light however, her shadow is still visable. She cannot be touched by physical things while invisable, put it only lasts for a certain amount of time, and she can still be hit by things such as magic projectiles or electricity.

Yuriko has several weapons, including kunais, a katana, and a foldable bow. Though she is skilled at using them, they aren't very advanced technology-wise. She also has fast reflexes and high stamina.

Description:

Yuriko stands at a rather short 5'2'', however she is highly athletic and strong despite her small stature. Because of this people often underestimate her, even though she could suplex someone twice her body weight. Her skin is pale and smooth, with no signs of scars or blemishes. Her hair is dark blue and is long, but is tied back in a ponytail. Like her hair, her eyes are blue as well.

Yuriko wears a traditional black ninja uniform, including a black gi and pants, and also wears straw sandals. Strapped to her back are the sheath of her katana, her foldable bow, and a quiver holding all of her arrows. Where her kunais are carried on her body however is a top secret.

Personality: Yuriko is a calm person with a strong sense of justice. She is a kind and caring person, who likes to help anyone in need. She is patient and methotical, mainly thanks to her training as a spy. Even though she cares for her fellow people, Yuriko isn't very trusting of other people, especially strangers. She is a fairly silent person, partially because of her tending to isolate herself from others, an partially because she is actually incrediblely shy. She gets embarressed easily and constantly is trying to impress or prove herself to her peers and superiors.

History: Yuriko was born in the Eurasia region, in the part that would be Japan if the world wasn't one giant pangea. Her family is a long line of ninjas who have served as spies for generations. Their bloodline also inherates special powers that are unique to each individual member, all of which tend to help with espionage. Currently, the Tanaka family works for the government.

When she was a child, Yuriko was trained to be a ninja and utilize her special powers. Her power was specifically powerful compared to most members of her family, and because of this was seen as special, which made her sister and three brothers be jealous of the attention her parents gave her.

When monsters began to appear in large numbers, the Tanaka clan ninjas were asked by SPIRIT to assist them in corraling the monsters and returning them to sender. They answered the call, and all abled bodied ninjas joined them. Yuriko was seperated from the rest of her family (much to discomfort), and placed in a different unit. Now it is time for her to prove herself to her peers and her family, show that she truely is a master ninja.

Anything Else?: She has a three brothers, the oldest, a 25 year old named Hiro, and two twin brothers who are 20 named Ryu and Arashi. She also has a 16 year old sister named Sakura.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

Yes I'm using Leo again. :P The two RPs I have him in are... slow. :/ Also, every group needs a guy like Leo. xD

Feli is going to love his powers. :P (I can pick out a different one if you want though.)

Name: Leonardo "Leo" Silverstone
    Codename: Lucky Star

Powers: Leo has the ability to control luck and chance. He can make likely things not happen, and improbable (though not impossible) things to happen. He doesn't have much control over this ability, strange things just randomly seem to happen when he's around. His powers don't glow or anything when they're working, causing others to doubt he has powers at all.

He is very agile and quick due to working out as a teenger, and his luck powers only enhance this. He can pull if some really fancy moves... if he's lucky. He doesn't carry any weapons. If he needs one, he'll usually find something lying around to use. (Like a rock, or an unusually pointy stick...)

Appearance: Leo stands at exactly 6'0". While he does not have bodybuilder proportions, he does have a toned athletic physique that he is quite proud of. Due to living in a tropical place most of his life, and because he often goes outdoors, his skin is lightly tanned. Not pale, but not bronzed either. His face is round, and rather boyish. Marked by large, expressive, blue eyes. These features give him a rather youthful appearance. He has short, close cropped black hair, with messy bangs that cover his forehead, and go to his eyebrows. A strand of hair on top of his head always stands up, no matter how much he tries to comb it down. Except for the top of his head, and eyebrows, the rest of his upper body is void of any hair. (As in, no chest hair, no armpit hair, and he can't grow any facial hair

For clothing, Leo generally wears what is comfortable. Usually, whatever he pulls out of his closet that day. It usually includes a pair of jeans or cargo shorts, and sneakers or sandals on his feet. He can often be found without a shirt. This is because he was rather scrawny when he was younger, so now that he's put on a little muscle, he likes to show off the results. When he must wear a shirt, it will usually be a skintight tank top, or something low cut/not buttoned/zipped up all the way, and without a shirt underneath. He's not comfortable wearing cloaks or heavy clothing that covers him up too much. He will dress up for formal occasions and colder days when he needs to, but he usually takes it right off when he's able. He wears a pair of aviator goggles on top of his head. He doesn't use them, he just thinks they look cool. His favorite outfit is a red, form fitting tank top, with black stripes, and a zipper down the front, and a pair of jeans held up by a belt. His sneakers are red and black, and have wheels in the soles. The wheels can pop in and out when Leo puts weight on his heels, allowing them to function like roller skates. He carries his things in a simple pink backpack.

Personality: Leo is a bright, cheerful person with an optimistic view on life. He can often be found with a smile on his face, even when things look bleak. He believes there is some good in everyone, and for that, he is very trusting of others. A genuine nice guy, he is always willing to help someone in need. Often putting the needs of others ahead of his own. Sometimes though, he can be too nice, to the point of gullibility, and people often take advantage of him for it. Leo is very outgoing and social. He likes meeting new people, and making new friends. He is not afraid to strike up a conversation with a random stranger. He is loyal, empathetic, and very protective of those he cares about, making him a good friend to have.

Leo is very energetic. So much so, that it is very difficult for him to sit still and concentrate on one thing for long periods of time. While he is able to think quick on his feet during intense situations. he often acts impulsively, and jumps to conclusions without thinking first. Unlike a lot of guys he's known, Leo is the type of guy who wears his heart on his sleeve, (which is funny, because he doesn't usually wear sleeves.) His feelings are there for everyone to see, and he's pretty easy to read. He even cries openly if something upsets that much, and he is affectionate towards close friends. Due to his cheerful nature, it's difficult to anger him. Push him too far however, and he can be quite dangerous. That said, Leo isn't one to hold grudges for very long, and is very quick to forgive people. He has an affinity for cute things, and he's not ashamed of it at all.

History: Leo was born and raised in North America, where Florida would be. He was the oldest of three siblings, and the only male among the three. His parents' relationship became strained after his father, Lorenzo, lost his job shortly after the youngest daughter was born, and the family started experiencing financial troubles. It was not helped by Lorenzo turning to Wine to drown his sorrows, which worried the rest of the family. Lorenzo and his wife, Layla, often argued loudly during the night. While things never escalated to physical violence, but the yelling still made the three kids uncomfortable. Despite the drama, Leo tried to put on a brave face, and hoped things would work out in the end. They almost did too... Eventually, Layla got a promotion at her job that made up for the loss of income, but by then, the damage was done, and Lorenzo filed for divorce.

Leo currently lives with his mom, and his younger sisters Lilly and Lucy. He is much closer to his mother than with his father. They were not wealthy, but they weren't poor either. Being a single parent, Layla often had to work long hours, leaving Leo responsible for looking after his sisters, and taking care of household things while she worked. Unlike a lot of other boys though, Leo didn't really mind this, and actually enjoyed doing it. As a result of this, he became accustomed to taking care of people. He also learned a lot of domestic skills, and became very good at cooking.

He was a rather scrawny child, and he was often picked on by bullies who thought he was weaker than them. It did not help that he was a sensitive kid, and he had a taste for things that are usually considered girly by others. He would come home with bruises on a regular basis. His father did not help matters by suggesting that living in a house full of girls was turning him into one. While all the bullying upset him, he kept up a cherful demeanor in front of others, not wanting to burden others with his problems, and if he thinks positively, things will get better. He was also the resident Jinx. Misfortune always seemed to follow him, and he often got blamed for it.

Around the time Leo entered puberty, things started to change. His mother announced that her office was starting a branch in a new city, and that the family would be moving there. His situation began to improve when he started High School. Deciding that he no longer wanted to be a wimp, and a constant bullying victim, he started working out and getting into Sports, which resulted in him putting on a little muscle, and making new friends. Due to his social personality, he quickly became quite popular on campus, particularly with other girls. He also maintained good grades. Things were actually starting to look up. Despite how well things were going, he didn't let it get to his head. He still remained the same sensitive kid he always was on the inside. His luck also improved, and was instead considered a living lucky charm by his classmates.

Leo is almost about to finish school, and is wondering what he should do afterwards. Recently, Leo was contacted by SPIRT to join their cause because they felt his luck powers would be useful. Up untill then, he wasn't even aware he had powers to start with. While he's glad to be helping, he doesn't completely believe every supernatural creature is evil. Surely there must be one good fairy or something left?

---

This is the most accurate picture of him. (Better than the Tektek.) Especially the hair.

Ignore the Pokemon stuff. http://hapuriainen.deviantart.com/ar...-v-2-257074027 Made there.

I agree to the new rule.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 3rd February 2013 at 10:58 PM.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast