Page 26 of 113 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
Results 626 to 650 of 2806

Thread: BWS2EN-8 - Charizard [FIRST POST UPDATED 2/7]

  1. #626
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,829

    Default

    Ash's Charizard should know:

    Flamethrower
    Seismic Toss
    Dragon Pulse
    Blast Burn
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  2. #627
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    LOL, Lizardon is most certainly not on-par with Shirona's Shark Beast.
    So I take it basic reading isn't your strong point then. Where do I say that Charizard is on par with Garchomp?
    I said that Dragonite being as strong as Charizard is as ridiculous as Charizard being as strong as Garchomp.

    You need to check yourself if you think your pet character could rape anything he comes across in the anime with ease.
    Ritchie's Charmander, Gary's Scizor and Casey's whole team to name a few say hi

    Track Record? Lol, the writers do whatever the hell they want. Like someone said. A beat B. B beat C. Does not equate to A being able to beat C. :P It's not s if Shaga's Crimgan, the Kami Trio, and Waruvial are push-overs either. The last managed to knock-out Kairyu when it was going ballistic like an ill-mannered child.
    You are joking right. The A vs B vs C doesn't apply when the difference between A to B to C are HUGE gaps in power

    Dragonite went ballistic BECAUSE Krookodile piledrived it into a wall with just 1 attack. The so called invincible tank got seriously injured by 1 attack. It then stopped firing randomly and closed its eyes in fear and turned away when Krookodile charged in for a second attack.
    Its obvious to anyone but naive fanboys like you that Krookodile was significantly stronger then Dragonite. Krookodile didn't win that battle because of the tantrum, the tantrum was caused because it inflicted serious damage and scared the **** out of Dragonite to the point it turned away in FEAR (love how you keep avoiding this point).

    I totally would love a tie, it would be a nice Wake Up Slap for the immense amounts of Lizardon fanatics I hardly run into until this day. Up until this point I never thought Lizardon was overrated as everyone says, my opinion is changing little-by-little however.
    When did I ever say I even liked Charizard? Iris Dragonite is the weakest seen so far, its only decent showing was against Bearattic, since that its been barely winning or getting owned badly in battle. It hasn't done anything close to put it close to Ash's Top 5 (which doesn't even include Krookodile who owned Dragonite). Its simply based on past showings that Charizard losing this battle makes no sense and be nothing more then poor writing. It would also make all its training a joke and make you question why the writers bothered bringing it back to take on Reshiram if it can't even beat this Dragonite.

    I couldn't care less if Charizard wins or loses its battles, as long as its written consistently and the loss makes sense. I had no problem with Dusclops beating it and I'll have no problem with Reshiram stomping it (seriously hope it DOESN'T win that unless some method is used to weaken Reshiram). Its incredibly annoying how Pikachu constantly shifts in terms of strength and just makes it bad writing (at least they attemped to explain the reset this time). Just like its annoying how Torterra (after fully healing) suddenly got taken out quickly by Drapion, or Infernape got owned by Flints but then Pikachu suddenly couldn't be taken out or all the Gym fallguys suddenly losing quickly (just to name a few)

    But it is funny how you are acting like a blind Dragonite fanboy (and have failed to actually answer a single point given so far) yet accuse anyone who disagrees with you of being a Charizard fanboy.

    What proof do you have that Iris's Kairyu isn't as strong as Lizardon? We only know about it from what we've seen of it under Iris's care, we know nothing of its past. I doubt anyone would guess Doryuzu beat 99 opponents on its own.
    The proof has been listed a few dozen times now.
    Krookodile and Druddigon flatout destroyed it in battle and it was a punching bag for the Kami's (along with the rest).
    Its only impressive feats are beating Bearattic and Mamoswine, both of which are are around the same level as Ash's Unova team, who everyone agrees upon is weaker then his previous teams.

    So what has Dragonite done to show it could take on Articuno, or an Entei (while Unown help it) or a Scizor, Golem and Blastoise in succession? For Dragonite to suddenly be on Charizard's level would mean a massive off-screen power-up. If the writers wanted Dragonite to be on Charizards level, then they should have portrayed him as such, and not as a punching bag for Krookodile instead. This is a Pokemon who is training non-stop against other ridiculously strong Charizards (remember how the weakest one wiped the floor with Charizard when he first arrived), wiped out half a rivals team (2 of which had a type advantage), beat a Legendary (that knew a water attack) and is being brought back to battle Reshiram vs a Dragon with temper issue's that got curbstomped in 3 of its 5 battles and has been rotting in its Pokeball the rest of the time. The only way Dragonite puts up a fight is if the writers depower Charizard or give Dragonite a powerup out of nowhere, which is just poor writing.

    The 99 wins vs COTD's feat by Iris is nothing special either, we've seen Ash and Misty do similar feats in all tournaments back in Kanto and Johto. Heck, we've seen them do the same in ALL the BW's tournaments (how many quick one frame victories have we seen) and even a league battle.
    So yeah, 99 quick victories aren't impressive. Had they at least established them as 99 powerful opponents it would be.

  3. #628
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    Does anyone see a possible Kanto Tournament with a reintroduction of Venasaur and Blastoise, or maybe the 3 Kanto Starter (like in Sinnoh)? We know Charmander and Charizard is confirmed, now I kinda want to see Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

    This is a naive hope but wouldn't it be cool to hear the Squirtle Squad get mentioned or appear in the Kanto Festival (there IS a fire after all, right? there is a fire corps that takes care of da situation, but squirtle squad would be welcomed too, to help put out the fire)

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  4. #629
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Do
    This is a naive hope but wouldn't it be cool to hear the Squirtle Squad get mentioned or appear in the Kanto Festival (there IS a fire after all, right? there is a fire corps that takes care of da situation, but squirtle squad would be welcomed too, to help put out the fire)
    I'd love to see Squirtle Squad appearing. It has been too long since we last saw Squirtle.
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

  5. #630
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Wait, is it confirmed the Charizard isn't Ash's?

  6. #631
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minion Island
    Posts
    9,101

    Default

    Professor Oak is in this episode according to a 2ch summary.
    Last edited by playerking; 6th February 2013 at 12:56 PM.

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  7. #632
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Professor Oak is in this episode according to a 2ch summary.
    Wonder if it's over phone... or maybe he'll appear live!

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  8. #633
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minion Island
    Posts
    9,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Wonder if it's over phone... or maybe he'll appear live!
    It also mentioned a special stage and it says he will introduce species? Probably the Kanto Pokemon. But this is just Google translate.

    It does mention him though.

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  9. #634
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    It also mentioned a special stage and it says he will introduce species? Probably the Kanto Pokemon. But this is just Google translate.

    It does mention him though.
    wait is there like a picture or is it announced over bulba? I wanna see the link (for fun) :3

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  10. #635
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minion Island
    Posts
    9,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    wait is there like a picture or is it announced over bulba? I wanna see the link (for fun) :3
    Here's the information.

    サトシたちは、カントー地方の名産品や文化を紹介する「カントーフェア」にやってきた。特設ス テージでは、
    オーキド博士がカントー地方のポケモンたちを紹介している。初めてよその地方にきたヒトカゲは 、張り切って
    パフォーマンスをするが、うっかりよろけてステージから転倒してしまった。サトシたちはヒトカ ゲをポケモン
    センターへ連れて行く。

    No picture, just a summary. I assume it's reliable, just like all other summaries that are listed on 2ch. which I have seen(they're usually in a group).

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  11. #636
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    Pokemon Best Wishes Season 2-32:
    Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!!
    3/7 #116(#32)「燃えよリザードン!VSカイリュー!」
    サトシたちは、カントー地方の名産品や文化を紹介する「カントーフェア」にやってきた。特設ス テージでは、
    オーキド博士がカントー地方のポケモンたちを紹介している。初めてよその地方にきたヒトカゲは 、張り切って
    パフォーマンスをするが、うっかりよろけてステージから転倒してしまった。サトシたちはヒトカ ゲをポケモン
    センターへ連れて行く。
    Writer: Atsuhiro Tomioka!!!!, Storyboard: Yuji Asada., Animation Director: masaaki Iwane.

    *A episode of BW with Tomioka and IWane in BW implies something important on the episode.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 6th February 2013 at 1:14 PM.

  12. #637
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PAndrews View Post
    I said that Dragonite being as strong as Charizard is as ridiculous as Charizard being as strong as Garchomp.
    Why in the world would that be ridiculous? We know nothing of Kairyu's past, you're making assumptions that Lizardon is automatically stronger.


    Ritchie's Charmander, Gary's Scizor and Casey's whole team to name a few say hi
    Yes, very impressive. Knocking out a new trainer's whole team of Pokemon and a Hitokage along with a Pokemon with a 4X weakness to it. /sarcasm.


    You are joking right. The A vs B vs C doesn't apply when the difference between A to B to C are HUGE gaps in power
    Again, where is this "huge gap in power", we know nothing of Kairyu's past before being caught by Iris.
    Dragonite went ballistic BECAUSE Krookodile piledrived it into a wall with just 1 attack. The so called invincible tank got seriously injured by 1 attack. It then stopped firing randomly and closed its eyes in fear and turned away when Krookodile charged in for a second attack.
    Kairyu started raging supposedly due to receiving damage from a super-effective move according to Don George and was out of its wits when it received a Crunch from Waruvial.
    Its obvious to anyone but naive fanboys like you that Krookodile was significantly stronger then Dragonite. Krookodile didn't win that battle because of the tantrum, the tantrum was caused because it inflicted serious damage and scared the **** out of Dragonite to the point it turned away in FEAR (love how you keep avoiding this point).
    I love how you attack me instead of debating the topic. Kairyu's lack of obedience, according to the episode, contributed to Kairyu's loss to Waruvial. Kairyu didn't show a "Fear" of Waruvial, it flinched when it was about to be attacked by a Crunch. Kairyu never showed an inability to attack back or run away.



    When did I ever say I even liked Charizard?
    You're debating the topic regarding Lizardon and Kairyu and claiming Lizardon is automatically the superior Pokemon by a vast amount when there's little to no viable proof regarding Kairyu's past. You're dealing in on absolutes in other words.

    Iris Dragonite is the weakest seen so far, its only decent showing was against Bearattic, since that its been barely winning or getting owned badly in battle. It hasn't done anything close to put it close to Ash's Top 5 (which doesn't even include Krookodile who owned Dragonite). Its simply based on past showings that Charizard losing this battle makes no sense and be nothing more then poor writing. It would also make all its training a joke and make you question why the writers bothered bringing it back to take on Reshiram if it can't even beat this Dragonite.
    Iris Kairyu is the weakest what so far? Dragon? Pokemon? Again, you're basing this on what aside from the significant amount of fewer on-screen(keyword) battles it has on under its belt? It wouldn't be poor writing in the slightest, you're still not telling me why Lizardon is automatically superior to Kairyu and any other Pokemon on the main cast. How do you know Lizardon could survive a Rock Wrecker + Shell Smash combo? How do you know Lizardon could survive Stone Edges from Waruvial? Aside from the opening, why do you assume Lizardon will be taking on Reshiram and that he supposedly came back to battle Reshiram? Opening aren't always accurate and it seems like more plausible a theory to say Zekrom, a Pokemon Satoshi interacted with the minute he set minute into Isshu and the other BW mascot, will be the one to take on Reshiram if anything.

    I couldn't care less if Charizard wins or loses its battles, as long as its written consistently and the loss makes sense. I had no problem with Dusclops beating it and I'll have no problem with Reshiram stomping it (seriously hope it DOESN'T win that unless some method is used to weaken Reshiram). Its incredibly annoying how Pikachu constantly shifts in terms of strength and just makes it bad writing (at least they attemped to explain the reset this time). Just like its annoying how Torterra (after fully healing) suddenly got taken out quickly by Drapion, or Infernape got owned by Flints but then Pikachu suddenly couldn't be taken out or all the Gym fallguys suddenly losing quickly (just to name a few)

    But it is funny how you are acting like a blind Dragonite fanboy (and have failed to actually answer a single point given so far) yet accuse anyone who disagrees with you of being a Charizard fanboy.
    I said fanatic, not fanboy. Fanatic is simply someone who likes something, a fan, fanboy has a negative connotation tagged to it and is clearly meant to incite anger from others. I've answered your points perfectly fine, I'm asking why you auto-assume Lizardon is the end-all be-all of Pokemon and could spank any Pokemon on the main cast with no effort.

    r
    The proof has been listed a few dozen times now.
    Krookodile and Druddigon flatout destroyed it in battle and it was a punching bag for the Kami's (along with the rest).
    Its only impressive feats are beating Bearattic and Mamoswine, both of which are are around the same level as Ash's Unova team, who everyone agrees upon is weaker then his previous teams.
    Kairyu has been significantly less battles than Lizardon. Problem? In OS Lizardon's only wins were against Boober and Hiroshi's Hitokage.

    So what has Dragonite done to show it could take on Articuno, or an Entei (while Unown help it) or a Scizor, Golem and Blastoise in succession? For Dragonite to suddenly be on Charizard's level would mean a massive off-screen power-up. If the writers wanted Dragonite to be on Charizards level, then they should have portrayed him as such, and not as a punching bag for Krookodile instead. This is a Pokemon who is training non-stop against other ridiculously strong Charizards (remember how the weakest one wiped the floor with Charizard when he first arrived), wiped out half a rivals team (2 of which had a type advantage), beat a Legendary (that knew a water attack) and is being brought back to battle Reshiram vs a Dragon with temper issue's that got curbstomped in 3 of its 5 battles and has been rotting in its Pokeball the rest of the time. The only way Dragonite puts up a fight is if the writers depower Charizard or give Dragonite a powerup out of nowhere, which is just poor writing.
    I'm sorry, but defeating a Freezer /=/ Auto-defeating any other Pokemon its come across. Entei, the movie battle. Right. Lizardon knocks out three of Shigeru's Pokemon because it was the star of the battle, Goukazaru did the same against Shinji in DP and I'm sure most people consider Shinji a much stronger rival than Shigeru. Training non-stop against ridiculously strong wild Lizardon? Yeah and Kairyu supposedly picked fights with every strong wild Pokemon it came across, one of which being a very lethal Sanzandora, I don't see how that arguement holds any water. It wouldn't be poor writing nor a depowerment because for one we don't know about Kairyu's past, we only know that it fought wild strong Pokemon and picked fights commonly around Sazanami Town and caused trouble before being caught by Iris. Your argument doesn't hold much water if you keep auto-assumes Lizardon is stronger despite us knowing next to nothing about Kairyu. It doesn't help that you tag Lizardon as a nearly invincible Pokemon that can't be defeated by other Pokemon on the main cast. Lizardon was a Pokemon that was caught young and rather inexperienced and raised up into a strong Pokemon like any other Pokemon on the main cast has. Expecting it to be defeated by another main cast Pokemon is not impossible, it's not a extraordinarily super-powered Pokemon. Brawny battler. Yes. The former. No. Elite Four Pokemon are that, raised by a trainers who are often deemed as prodigies from a young age. Lizardon was not, being portrayed as an exceptionally battler but not indestructible or undefeatable.

    The 99 wins vs COTD's feat by Iris is nothing special either, we've seen Ash and Misty do similar feats in all tournaments back in Kanto and Johto. Heck, we've seen them do the same in ALL the BW's tournaments (how many quick one frame victories have we seen) and even a league battle.
    So yeah, 99 quick victories aren't impressive. Had they at least established them as 99 powerful opponents it would be.
    I think a 99 straight win sweep when you're only seven or eight, not legally a trainer, by a wild Pokemon you met that you don't even own is impressive. I don't remember Kasumi or Satoshi doing such a thing. That Doryuzu was only done in by a Ononokusu owned by a Dragon Master Gym Leader. If that did happen in OS, link please.


    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Pokemon Best Wishes Season 2-32:
    Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!!
    3/7 #116(#32)「燃えよリザードン!VSカイリュー!」
    サトシたちは、カントー地方の名産品や文化を紹介する「カントーフェア」にやってきた。特設ス テージでは、
    オーキド博士がカントー地方のポケモンたちを紹介している。初めてよその地方にきたヒトカゲは 、張り切って
    パフォーマンスをするが、うっかりよろけてステージから転倒してしまった。サトシたちはヒトカ ゲをポケモン
    センターへ連れて行く。
    ≫脚本=冨岡淳広 演出・絵コンテ=浅田裕二 作画監督=岩根雅明
    So, Iwane is animating this episode? :O That's good to know, his animation is usually the best imo. Tomoika is writing, he's the best writer, imo, as well. He writes some good battles as well, can't wait to see what he has planned. I still think his Emonga VS. Dageki battle was amazingly written.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 6th February 2013 at 1:16 PM.

  13. #638
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    So Oak appears as a guide through the show nice! *.*

    So there is a chance Charmander or a Kanto poke leaves Oak's side and joins Iris or Cilan.

    If I really get the translation than Oak will take along Ash's poke as represent of Kanto! at least his Kanto party. . .
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

  14. #639
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Why in the world would that be ridiculous? We know nothing of Kairyu's past, you're making assumptions that Lizardon is automatically stronger.
    Now its just getting clear you are either trolling or a blind fanboy

    WE"VE SEEN DRAGONITE BATTLE, we know its strength and limitations since we've seen them, just like we know Charizards and guess what Dragonite is below Charizard by a large margin.

    Again, where is this "huge gap in power", we know nothing of Kairyu's past before being caught by Iris.
    Kairyu started raging supposedly due to receiving damage from a super-effective move according to Don George and was out of its wits when it received a Crunch from Waruvial.
    Sure, if you have to make up facts to try to prove your point the further discussion becomes pointless. The huge gap has been shown and stated in multiple posts and you just keep ignoring to reply.

    As for Krok
    Dragonite got pounded into a wall, which hurt it and caused his tantrum
    Then when he sees Krookodile charge in IT CLOSED ITS EYES IN FEAR AND TURNED AWAY. This is a fact. Try explain why it was SCARED of Krookodile if it wasn't weaker.

    I love how you attack me instead of debating the topic. Kairyu's lack of obedience, according to the episode, contributed to Kairyu's loss to Waruvial. Kairyu didn't show a "Fear" of Waruvial, it flinched when it was about to be attacked by a Crunch. Kairyu never showed an inability to attack back or run away.
    Really, you've yet to actually address a single argument here. An guess what, closing your eyes, turning your head away and sticking out your arm when an opponent comes charging in is being scared and trying to get away. You can say what you want against that, but its a cold hard fact.

    Iris Kairyu is the weakest what so far? Dragon? Pokemon? Again, you're basing this on what aside from the significant amount of fewer on-screen(keyword) battles it has on under its belt? It wouldn't be poor writing in the slightest, you're still not telling me why Lizardon is automatically superior to Kairyu and any other Pokemon on the main cast. How do you know Lizardon could survive a Rock Wrecker + Shell Smash combo? How do you know Lizardon could survive Stone Edges from Waruvial? Aside from the opening, why do you assume Lizardon will be taking on Reshiram and that he supposedly came back to battle Reshiram? Opening aren't always accurate and it seems like more plausible a theory to say Zekrom, a Pokemon Satoshi interacted with the minute he set minute into Isshu and the other BW mascot, will be the one to take on Reshiram if anything.
    Weakest Dragonite seen so far. This is based on what its shown in terms of attacks, damge received and so on. 5 battles is more then enough to show its strength. And got to love this, you automatically assume that Charizard can't KO Dragonite with Dragon Rage (or whatever new attack he has), yet Charizard HAS to fall to Rockwrecker or Stone Edge. We've seen Charizard get hit by ground (as stupid as that sounds), electirc and water attacks without being KO'd instantly, we know it can take a hit and know it can deliver one. We also know its a very fast Pokemon (who's to say he even takes those hits). And who said there will only be 1 Reshiram encounter, its possible that Charizard gets owned badly and Ash has to find Zekrom. Its possible Charizard has to stall long enough for Zekrom to arrive, its possible Zekrom never shows up. However this intro SPECIFCALLY shows Charizard returning to battle Reshiram.

    I said fanatic, not fanboy. Fanatic is simply someone who likes something, a fan, fanboy has a negative connotation tagged to it and is clearly meant to incite anger from others. I've answered your points perfectly fine, I'm asking why you auto-assume Lizardon is the end-all be-all of Pokemon and could spank any Pokemon on the main cast with no effort.
    Fine, you can call me a fanatic if you want, though your posts and inability to actually respond with any facts and ignoring actual shown facts earn you the label "troll"

    Kairyu has been significantly less battles than Lizardon. Problem? In OS Lizardon's only wins were against Boober and Hiroshi's Hitokage.

    I'm sorry, but defeating a Freezer /=/ Auto-defeating any other Pokemon its come across. Entei, the movie battle. Right. Lizardon knocks out three of Shigeru's Pokemon because it was the star of the battle, Goukazaru did the same against Shinji in DP and I'm sure most people consider Shinji a much stronger rival than Shigeru. Training non-stop against ridiculously strong wild Lizardon? Yeah and Kairyu supposedly picked fights with every strong wild Pokemon it came across, one of which being a very lethal Sanzandora, I don't see how that arguement holds any water. It wouldn't be poor writing nor a depowerment because for one we don't know about Kairyu's past, we only know that it fought wild strong Pokemon and picked fights commonly around Sazanami Town and caused trouble before being caught by Iris. Your argument doesn't hold much water if you keep auto-assumes Lizardon is stronger despite us knowing next to nothing about Kairyu. It doesn't help that you tag Lizardon as a nearly invincible Pokemon that can't be defeated by other Pokemon on the main cast. Lizardon was a Pokemon that was caught young and rather inexperienced and raised up into a strong Pokemon like any other Pokemon on the main cast has. Expecting it to be defeated by another main cast Pokemon is not impossible, it's not a extraordinarily super-powered Pokemon. Brawny battler. Yes. The former. No. Elite Four Pokemon are that, raised by a trainers who are often deemed as prodigies from a young age. Lizardon was not, being portrayed as an exceptionally battler but not indestructible or undefeatable.
    And here we have the proof you deserve that troll label. We know exactly how powerful Dragonite is, we've seen it battle 5 battles with Iris, of which only one was an easy win, 1 barely a win after a long battle and 3 losses.
    Charizard feats put it on a higher level then IRIS Dragonite, not all Dragonites in the world. Charizard has beaten many Pokemon he had a disadvantage over (such as Blastoise, which was stated as Gary's strongest), its fought legendaries (Entei, who had backup and the environment itself helping him) and beaten an Articuno (that knew Water Pulse). Dragonite got OWNED by Krookodile and later by Druddigon, it also BARELY beat Mamoswine who was equal to Pignite. Dragonite has done absolutely nothing to prove its in Charizards class, it hasn't even done enough to place itself over Infernape, Sceptile and Snorlax. You are just placing him there for no other reason then the fact that he is a Dragonite. Your argument has as much logic as saying Totodile would beat Infernape in a battle

    But I see no reason to respond again, you have yet to post a single valid argument and have even started making up scenes now. Even going as far as to basically suggest Dragonite has been holding back in the battles it lost so we don't know its stregnth. Further discussion is pointless since you've proven to be a blind fanboy on the matter. So respond all you want, I see no point in answering again.

    I think a 99 straight win sweep when you're only seven or eight, not legally a trainer, by a wild Pokemon you met that you don't even own is impressive. I don't remember Kasumi or Satoshi doing such a thing. That Doryuzu was only done in by a Ononokusu owned by a Dragon Master Gym Leader. If that did happen in OS, link please.
    The Sandschrew guy back in Kanto did the exact same though (Ash being victory 99). Beating 99 trainers in itself isn't a feat, since they could be 99 rookies. Can also add she was using an Exadrill for part of those, meaning she won loads with type advantage to boot. If they establish it as a tournament with the strongest dragon trainers entering its a different story, but at this point it isn't anything beyond 99 OHKO 1 panel victories that we've seen countless times since the first episode.

  15. #640
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Professor Oak is in this episode according to a 2ch summary.
    Wait a second.. Charizard vs. Dragonite..

    With this new information, we can ask the question: Who's Dragonite? Oak owns a Dragonite, so it might be Oak who battles Ash! xD

    Not to mention the question of who's Charizard as well, as we all know little Sammy Oak had a Charmeleon at one point. Oak vs. Iris anybody?

    Or could it be that other 'Oak'? Probably not, but it would be funny to see Gary acting as a professor and introducing the starters, and whipping out his Blastoise and his grandpa's Charizard/Dragonite! xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    So Oak appears as a guide through the show nice! *.*

    So there is a chance Charmander or a Kanto poke leaves Oak's side and joins Iris or Cilan.

    If I really get the translation than Oak will take along Ash's poke as represent of Kanto! at least his Kanto party. . .
    MUUUUUUUUUUK!!!!

    Just kidding, but if Oak brings along Ash's Kanto party, then that may mean:

    - Bulbasaur
    - Kingler
    - Tauros
    - Muk
    - Snorlax
    - In training: Primeape/Squirtle/Charizard

    Considering how he doesn't really have access to Ash's Primeape, Squirtle and Charizard, and Pidgeot is still mia I put those in just for kicks.

    If Oak is going to bring Ash's Kanto pokemon along with him, then I can only see those first five being brought along.

    Someone mentioned an Kanto-style Don Battle. If so, then I hope to god that Snorlax doesn't get used over Muk and Kingler..

    I like the set up posted a few pages back/or in a different thread:

    Round 1:
    - Oak vs. Iris: Charizard vs. Dragonite
    - Ash vs. CotD: Bulbasaur vs. Arcanine
    - Cilan vs. Burgundy: Pansage vs. Hypno
    - Bianca vs. CotD: Emboar vs. Vileplume
    - Georgia vs. CotD: Cloyster vs. Marowak
    - Trip vs. CotD: Jellicent vs. Kangaskhan
    - Virgil vs. CotD: Flareon vs. Chansey
    - Stephan vs. CotD: Fearow vs. Venusaur/Tentacruel/Nidoking
    Round 2:
    - Iris vs. Trip: Dragonite vs. Serperior
    - Ash vs. Georgia: Muk vs. Jynx
    - Virgil vs. Stephan: Vaporeon vs. Sawk
    - Bianca vs. Burgundy: Escavalier vs. Tangela
    Round 3:
    - Ash vs. Trip: Kingler vs. Conkeldurr
    - Virgil vs. Bianca: Jolteon vs. Cinccino
    Round 4:
    - Ash vs. Virgil: Pikachu vs. Eevee (evolve/trolls mid battle?)

    I really want more pokemon in this though. It's a shame there isn't room for stuff l ike Gengar, Onix, Hypno, Machamp, Kadabra/Alakazam, Exeggcutor, or Rapidash for instance.. I just want too much I guess.. Voltorb anybody?
    Last edited by Locormus; 6th February 2013 at 2:11 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  16. #641
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,789

    Default

    In a japanese translator, it does...
    "Enter Charizard! VS Dragonite! "Ash and his friends came to the fair who introduces the Kanto region delicacies and culture. Professor Oak in the special stage, introduce the Pokémon Kanto locations. Charmander came down to some other district is revved up to performance, but I accidentally stumble and ended up falling off the stage. Ash and friends take a map game to the Pokemon Center.
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

  17. #642
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PAndrews View Post
    Now its just getting clear you are either trolling or a blind fanboy
    I love how you keep attacking me personally instead of debating the topic. The point is moot since if you read my earlier post I said I prefer Lizardon over Kairyu.
    WE"VE SEEN DRAGONITE BATTLE, we know its strength and limitations since we've seen them, just like we know Charizards and guess what Dragonite is below Charizard by a large margin.
    Do you know Kairyu past? Can you say, without a shadow of a doubt, Lizardon is surely stronger than Kairyu by a large margin? You cannot, the question is subjective at this point.


    Sure, if you have to make up facts to try to prove your point the further discussion becomes pointless. The huge gap has been shown and stated in multiple posts and you just keep ignoring to reply.
    I meant actual facts, things that are stated as such and portrayed that way in show. Not your interpretations, there is no reason to believe such a thing since that's your opinion.
    As for Krok
    Dragonite got pounded into a wall, which hurt it and caused his tantrum
    Then when he sees Krookodile charge in IT CLOSED ITS EYES IN FEAR AND TURNED AWAY. This is a fact. Try explain why it was SCARED of Krookodile if it wasn't weaker.
    Adeku said it was due to getting hit by Dragon Claw specifically, also Kairyu flinched due to being enraged.


    Really, you've yet to actually address a single argument here. An guess what, closing your eyes, turning your head away and sticking out your arm when an opponent comes charging in is being scared and trying to get away. You can say what you want against that, but its a cold hard fact.
    No, I addressed each and everyone of your points and answered them. I'm asking why you're objectively stating Lizardon to be stronger despite us not knowing a thing about Kairyu to assume Lizardon is indeed very very stronger than it is.



    Weakest Dragonite seen so far. This is based on what its shown in terms of attacks, damge received and so on. 5 battles is more then enough to show its strength. And got to love this, you automatically assume that Charizard can't KO Dragonite with Dragon Rage (or whatever new attack he has), yet Charizard HAS to fall to Rockwrecker or Stone Edge. We've seen Charizard get hit by ground (as stupid as that sounds), electirc and water attacks without being KO'd instantly, we know it can take a hit and know it can deliver one. We also know its a very fast Pokemon (who's to say he even takes those hits). And who said there will only be 1 Reshiram encounter, its possible that Charizard gets owned badly and Ash has to find Zekrom. Its possible Charizard has to stall long enough for Zekrom to arrive, its possible Zekrom never shows up. However this intro SPECIFCALLY shows Charizard returning to battle Reshiram.
    I never stated Lizardon couldn't beat Kairyu, I never stated Kairyu couldn't beat Lizardon. I'm not stating my opinions as fact. I never once said Lizardon has to lose to Stone Edge or Rock Wrecker, I stated that I could see Lizardon being beaten by Waruvial and Iwaperesu and those are moves that could do it. We've seen every Pokemon get hit by super-effective moves, Lizardon isn't the exception to the rule. Those are possibilities true, you said that Lizardon is factually coming back to battle Reshiram.
    Fine, you can call me a fanatic if you want, though your posts and inability to actually respond with any facts and ignoring actual shown facts earn you the label "troll"
    I responded to everything you said and again with the attacking me personally for debating against your points.



    And here we have the proof you deserve that troll label. We know exactly how powerful Dragonite is, we've seen it battle 5 battles with Iris, of which only one was an easy win, 1 barely a win after a long battle and 3 losses.
    Charizard feats put it on a higher level then IRIS Dragonite, not all Dragonites in the world. Charizard has beaten many Pokemon he had a disadvantage over (such as Blastoise, which was stated as Gary's strongest), its fought legendaries (Entei, who had backup and the environment itself helping him) and beaten an Articuno (that knew Water Pulse). Dragonite got OWNED by Krookodile and later by Druddigon, it also BARELY beat Mamoswine who was equal to Pignite. Dragonite has done absolutely nothing to prove its in Charizards class, it hasn't even done enough to place itself over Infernape, Sceptile and Snorlax. You are just placing him there for no other reason then the fact that he is a Dragonite. Your argument has as much logic as saying Totodile would beat Infernape in a battle
    Just because A beat B. B beat C. Does not mean A could beat C. I see no reason to believe Lizardon is stronger or weaker than Kairyu.

    But I see no reason to respond again, you have yet to post a single valid argument and have even started making up scenes now. Even going as far as to basically suggest Dragonite has been holding back in the battles it lost so we don't know its stregnth. Further discussion is pointless since you've proven to be a blind fanboy on the matter. So respond all you want, I see no point in answering again.
    I never said Kairyu was holding back I said we know nothing of Kairyu's past and it can't be assumed that Lizardon is much stronger. You don't have to respond anymore if you don't want to, especially if you're going to continue to attack me for debating against you with labels like "fanboy" and "troll."

    The Sandschrew guy back in Kanto did the exact same though (Ash being victory 99). Beating 99 trainers in itself isn't a feat, since they could be 99 rookies. Can also add she was using an Exadrill for part of those, meaning she won loads with type advantage to boot. If they establish it as a tournament with the strongest dragon trainers entering its a different story, but at this point it isn't anything beyond 99 OHKO 1 panel victories that we've seen countless times since the first episode.
    Type-advantages, type-disadvantages. 99 wins is still 99 wins, we even saw Doryuzu gaining its 99th win against a Crimgan owned by a trainer in the Dragon Village.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 6th February 2013 at 3:34 PM.

  18. #643
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    In a japanese translator, it does...
    "Enter Charizard! VS Dragonite! "Ash and his friends came to the fair who introduces the Kanto region delicacies and culture. Professor Oak in the special stage, introduce the Pokémon Kanto locations. Charmander came down to some other district is revved up to performance, but I accidentally stumble and ended up falling off the stage. Ash and friends take a map game to the Pokemon Center.
    Oak is here? This ep just got a little better

  19. #644
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    So that is cool that Iris Clian and N are going to met Proffersor Oak. More Intessing for N because Oak is a proffersor on Pokemon

  20. #645
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,788

    Default

    Who knows, perhaps Oak has brought his Charizard and Dragonite along.. We know he has both, or at least had a Charmeleon at one point.. -.-
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  21. #646
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Oak!!! I hope he brings muk, bayleef or totodile as a surprise visit
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

  22. #647
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Oak!!! I hope he brings muk, bayleef or totodile as a surprise visit
    Bayleef and Totodile? Johto Pokemon in a Kanto fair? Oak should bring Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Primeape. That opening made it seem like Oak has the power to call on all of Ash's Pokemon in training

  23. #648
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    I wouldn't actually mind this being Ash/Iris vs Oak

  24. #649
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Who knows, perhaps Oak has brought his Charizard and Dragonite along.. We know he has both, or at least had a Charmeleon at one point.. -.-
    Yeah, I forgot that Professor Oak had a Dragonite back in the mastermind thingy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    What proof do you have that Iris's Kairyu isn't as strong as Lizardon? We only know about it from what we've seen of it under Iris's care, we know nothing of its past. I doubt anyone would guess Doryuzu beat 99 opponents on its own.
    I usually judge by what we saw not what we did not see. Charizard has been gone for training for years and it would be a slap in the face for people who knows that Charizard is supposed to strong by that alone. But I'm waisting my time posting to you so I'll stop.
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 6th February 2013 at 5:17 PM.

    My ideal battle ever!

  25. #650
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terror Of Master View Post
    Bayleef and Totodile? Johto Pokemon in a Kanto fair? Oak should bring Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Primeape. That opening made it seem like Oak has the power to call on all of Ash's Pokemon in training
    Well I just said totodile cause its my fave, but is like to see bayleef evolve. Muk deserves more screentime/battles. Squirtle I can't see coming, being too preoccupied with the squirtle squad. Bulbasaur is likely though
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Page 26 of 113 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •