Page 38 of 113 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
Results 926 to 950 of 2806

Thread: BWS2EN-8 - Charizard [FIRST POST UPDATED 2/7]

  1. #926
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Oak also had a Charmeleon in the Celebi's movie. Who knows ?
    But movie's are different from the anime. Actually I think that they are like in another time-line. Anime acts like if that never happened.

  2. #927
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    But movie's are different from the anime. Actually I think that they are like in another time-line. Anime acts like if that never happened.
    That is true. But, I don't know about ownership though. I'm most likely wrong though.

  3. #928
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Movie's are not in the same time-line with the anime. It's like an alternate reality. You should now it by this time but doesn't matter, you know it now.
    except that plenty of movies have been proven Cannon
    - Movie 01
    - Movie 08
    - First 3 sinnoh ones
    - genosect movie is linking into the anime

    are the first to spring to mind.

  4. #929
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    But movie's are different from the anime. Actually I think that they are like in another time-line. Anime acts like if that never happened.
    Some movies are mentioned in the anime, like the Mewtwo and the Lugia ones. However, it seemed that the Celebi one isn't canon, because (IIRC) when the gang met Celebi in the anime Ash said: "Who's Celebi?". But again, he's Ash. XD

    However, I don't think Charizard and/or Dragonite belong to Oak. Ash, Iris and random are more likely possibilities, IMO.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  5. #930
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Well, that's the same logic we use to say that this Charizard is Ash's
    Not really. I'm talking about a Pokemon that is already in the main cast (Dragonite). Charizard will return at some point, but there is no confirmation of when he'll appear. So again, unless there is tangible proof that the Charizard belongs to Ash, I'm not even going to give it a moment's thought. As for Oak's Dragonite: As far as I'm concerned, the Mewtwo special wasn't canon so...

  6. #931
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    So, it's pretty much obvious that this Charizard is Ash's.
    No. there's nothing obvious about that.

    Random : PokéRadar


  7. #932
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    No. there's nothing obvious about that.
    There are plenty of things. Seriously, I'm tired of repeting this, stop ignoring probabilities just because you don't like one character people.
    If you are gonna ask me which are these things, I suggest you to go a few pages back in this thread, where I posted them.

  8. #933
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    except that plenty of movies have been proven Cannon
    - Movie 01
    - Movie 08
    - First 3 sinnoh ones
    - genosect movie is linking into the anime

    are the first to spring to mind.
    Ok, you are right. I don't know how I forget that. Anyways, some movie are linked to the anime, but others aren't. The Celebi one isn't connected for example, since when Ash met Celebi in the anime he said "Who's Celebi?", like someone has said. And to give another example, the Zoroark movie wasn't linked neither. Because when Ash met Luke's Zorua in the anime he didn't know what pokemon it was.

  9. #934
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,375

    Default

    Maybe cilan had a charizard all along and just never used it.

  10. #935
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    There are plenty of things. Seriously, I'm tired of repeting this, stop ignoring probabilities just because you don't like one character people.
    If you are gonna ask me which are these things, I suggest you to go a few pages back in this thread, where I posted them.
    Hmm probabilities as in not 100% sure. There's nothing "obvious" about it being Ash's Charizard. Just as it could be, there is an equal chance of it belonging to someone else, either Oak or a CotD. It's a freaking Kanto Festival, Ash doesn't own the only Charizard in the world.

    Random : PokéRadar


  11. #936
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Hmm probabilities as in not 100% sure. There's nothing "obvious" about it being Ash's Charizard. Just as it could be, there is an equal chance of it belonging to someone else, either Oak or a CotD. It's a freaking Kanto Festival, Ash doesn't own the only Charizard in the world.
    There I disagree MASSIVELY. I'm starting to doubt if I could disagree more, but I doubt it. Ash's Charizard has been shown in both opening and ending, and has got tons of merchandise and appear in every single poster related to Season N. It's obvious he will appear EVENTUALLY. That doesn't mean that he has to appear in this episode, but if a Charizard is going to appear, like the title tell us, ASH'S CHARIZARD IS THE MOST LIKELY OPTION. And I'd bet anything on that statement. It is the most probable option. It could be a random Charizard, but it is LESS POSSIBLE.
    I hope we agree on that, I'd like to have some faith in human objectiveness.

  12. #937
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,604

    Default

    We know Charizard's appearing soon, it's just this episode. We have no idea to whom this Charizard belongs to. Like Taidow said, it's a Kanto Festival, anyone could own this Charizard. I'm not saying it's not Ash's Charizard, but we need more information.

  13. #938
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    There I disagree MASSIVELY. I'm starting to doubt if I could disagree more, but I doubt it. Ash's Charizard has been shown in both opening and ending, and has got tons of merchandise and appear in every single poster related to Season N. It's obvious he will appear EVENTUALLY. That doesn't mean that he has to appear in this episode, but if a Charizard is going to appear, like the title tell us, ASH'S CHARIZARD IS THE MOST LIKELY OPTION. And I'd bet anything on that statement. It is the most probable option. It could be a random Charizard, but it is LESS POSSIBLE.
    I hope we agree on that, I'd like to have some faith in human objectiveness.
    Then how come in all the summaries and pictures we've gotten we've seen more of a simple Charmander than Charizard. Don't say they don't want to spoil it. Japan doesn't really mind spoilers as they go with hype. If it was Ash's Charizard then it should be in the summary in the title and all that stuff. Japan likes to hype things up to get their ratings up high and what better way than to confirm?

    Random : PokéRadar


  14. #939
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Then how come in all the summaries and pictures we've gotten we've seen more of a simple Charmander than Charizard. Don't say they don't want to spoil it. Japan doesn't really mind spoilers as they go with hype. If it was Ash's Charizard then it should be in the summary in the title and all that stuff. Japan likes to hype things up to get their ratings up high and what better way than to confirm?
    That's true. Charizard is more important than a little Charmander making a cute performance of Ember. I'm really doubtful about the origin of this Charizard, if it even appears.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 10th February 2013 at 1:57 PM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt account

  15. #940
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Then how come in all the summaries and pictures we've gotten we've seen more of a simple Charmander than Charizard. Don't say they don't want to spoil it. Japan doesn't really mind spoilers as they go with hype. If it was Ash's Charizard then it should be in the summary in the title and all that stuff. Japan likes to hype things up to get their ratings up high and what better way than to confirm?
    Ya Dragonite is in the title too man, and yet no mention of it being anybodies. Obviously these summaries are of the beginning of the episodes and Dragonite and Charizard are gonna come in either in the end or the middle of the episode.

    Tell me what you think is gonna happen in this episode since we already seem to know all the possible details of the episode from the two summaries we have.

    Ash and his friends meet a Charmander and decide to help it with it's issues for a whole episode. That's obviously what most of you think is happening in this episode.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  16. #941
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ya Dragonite is in the title too man, and yet no mention of it being anybodies. Obviously these summaries are of the beginning of the episodes and Dragonite and Charizard are gonna come in either in the end or the middle of the episode.

    Tell me what you think is gonna happen in this episode since we already seem to know all the possible details of the episode from the two summaries we have.

    Ash and his friends meet a Charmander and decide to help it with it's issues for a whole episode. That's obviously what most of you think is happening in this episode.
    I can see why this could be Iris's Dragonite, but I don't see how you keep twisting words around to make this Ash's Charizard. We can say this is Iris's Dragonite because he's currently on the cast, Charizard isn't. Just because the species name appears in the damn title doesn't mean it's Ash's.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  17. #942
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I can see why this could be Iris's Dragonite, but I don't see how you keep twisting words around to make this Ash's Charizard. We can say this is Iris's Dragonite because he's currently on the cast, Charizard isn't. Just because the species name appears in the damn title doesn't mean it's Ash's.
    Then please tell me what this episode will focus on?? Cuz right now we know maybe the first 2 or 3 minutes of the episode if that much.

    Two freaking summaries that pretty much say the same thing with the exception of Prof. Oak. What did you expect?? Charizard was gonna appear in the first two minutes of the episode?? Cuz that all we know about at this point.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  18. #943
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Then how come in all the summaries and pictures we've gotten we've seen more of a simple Charmander than Charizard. Don't say they don't want to spoil it. Japan doesn't really mind spoilers as they go with hype. If it was Ash's Charizard then it should be in the summary in the title and all that stuff. Japan likes to hype things up to get their ratings up high and what better way than to confirm?
    I think you make a good point about the summaries. I mean we have two already and we usually get like three or four in total before an episode airs. We also have episode pictures of just Charmander and Ash and friends. If Charizard hasn't been mentioned outside of the title or even shown in pictures, then I have no choice but to believe that it's not getting a major role after all and that it belongs to someone other than Ash. I seriously wish we had fresh tea on what's going on in this episode instead of just a few cryptic details, but alas, that's how it is.

  19. #944
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Then please tell me what this episode will focus on?? Cuz right now we know maybe the first 2 or 3 minutes of the episode if that much.

    Two freaking summaries that pretty much say the same thing with the exception of Prof. Oak. What did you expect?? Charizard was gonna appear in the first two minutes of the episode?? Cuz that all we know about at this point.
    If it was Ash's Charizard, don't you think it would be one of the pictures... not the Charmander that has a major role?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  20. #945
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    If it was Ash's Charizard, don't you think it would be one of the pictures... not the Charmander that has a major role?
    Again, we have like two pics -_-. One of Charmander and then the group with N. Stop acting like the episode is airing tomrw and we still only knows as much as we know now.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  21. #946
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Then how come in all the summaries and pictures we've gotten we've seen more of a simple Charmander than Charizard. Don't say they don't want to spoil it. Japan doesn't really mind spoilers as they go with hype. If it was Ash's Charizard then it should be in the summary in the title and all that stuff. Japan likes to hype things up to get their ratings up high and what better way than to confirm?
    What part of summaries only tell us the setting of the episode do you people not get?

    THEY DO NOT TELL US EVERYTHING.

    Good Lord people.

    Why would Charizard be in the summary?

    Why would we see Charizard's picture?

    We're still a month away from this episode.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  22. #947
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Again, we have like two pics -_-. One of Charmander and then the group with N. Stop acting like the episode is airing tomrw and we still only knows as much as we know now.
    This coming from the guy who think Charizard is the only thing that matters. No, I believe if this was Ash's Charizard, we wouldn't be this left in the dark about him, even if the episode is a month away.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  23. #948
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    What part of summaries only tell us the setting of the episode do you people not get?

    THEY DO NOT TELL US EVERYTHING.

    Good Lord people.

    Why would Charizard be in the summary?

    Why would we see Charizard's picture?

    We're still a month away from this episode.
    Just for some more information.

    I hope you all realize all we have are the first summaries of the episode.

    It's not until we get the 2nd summary (from TV Tokyo) where it relates to the title. The first summaries have a tendency to have nothing to do with the title, unless the title importance starts in the beginning of the episode, like some battles.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  24. #949
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    This coming from the guy who think Charizard is the only thing that matters. No, I believe if this was Ash's Charizard, we wouldn't be this left in the dark about him, even if the episode is a month away.
    I agree. We already know that there's a Charizard in this episode, and if it was Ash's we would have known by now. Like other people said, the network would want to release information about the identity of the Charizard because it would hype the episode, therefore increasing viewership and ratings, which is what the network cares about the most. And yeah the episode might be a month away, but hype is more potent when it's started early. That's the main reason why we get episode titles and summaries far in advance.

  25. #950
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,375

    Default

    This thread is frigging going in circles.

    OMG CHARIZARD!
    IT'S NOT ASH'S
    YES IT IS!
    WELL THEN WHY DOESNT THE SUMMARIES SAY ANYTHING!
    WHO ELSE COULD IT BE!
    IT COULD BE ____'s BECAUSE _____
    ASH'S IS THE ONLY ONE THAT MAKES SENSE!
    NO IT ISN'T! THERE'S NO PROOF!
    IT"S GONNA BE ASH'S
    OH HEY CHARIZARD IS BACK EPISODE N WILL BE AWESOME!
    IT MIGHT NOT BE ASH'S!
    ..........
    Rinse and repeat and we have the entire 900+ posts.

Page 38 of 113 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •