Page 86 of 113 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2806

Thread: BWS2EN-8 - Charizard [FIRST POST UPDATED 2/7]

Unfortunately, there's little anyone can do about that. Quite a few have already been disappointed for a long time. And to the average person, the longer disappointment lingers over something held dear, the more they cling to the tiniest slivers of hope. Its just the natural reaction.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios* View Post
    Unfortunately, there's little anyone can do about that. Quite a few have already been disappointed for a long time. And to the average person, the longer disappointment lingers over something held dear, the more they cling to the tiniest slivers of hope. Its just the natural reaction.
    It's a cartoon. Anyone who has traumatized in real life over a cartoon character probably should get the help they need. The show is aimed at 5 year olds, the characters are not meant to be cried over.

Well, I wouldn't put it in an extreme manner like that, I don't think many are THAT upset. But still, Pokemon's pretty important to a lot of people. Think of it this way; I'm pretty sure Pokemon means a lot to you, considering you keep going and still can't get over the negative impact you had with Johto, am I correct? So I guess the real question is to ask why so many people care about other aspects of the show so much, and its because at some point, Pokemon had a positive impact on them that keeps them going.
    Last edited by Bluelatios*; 28th February 2013 at 5:30 AM.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

Well, I wouldn't put it in an extreme manner like that, I don't think many are THAT upset. But still, Pokemon's pretty important to a lot of people. Think of it this way; I'm pretty sure Pokemon means a lot to you, considering you keep going and still can't get over the negative impact you had with Johto, am I correct? So I guess the real question is to ask why so many people care about other aspects of the show so much, and its because at some point, Pokemon had a positive impact on them that keeps them going.
    I watch tons of other cartoons and TV shows outside of Pokemon. If the show ended after this series I wouldn't care, it ran over 16 years. This is not something anyone can't give up easily.

You can't monitor other people's emotions. People are going to be excited over Misty's VA returning for the episode. People are going to be disappointed. That's the way it is. Stop making a circus of it.

Quote Originally Posted by I am Lu View Post
    You can'y monitor other people's emotions. People are going to be excited over Misty's VA returning for the episode. People are going to be disappointed. That's the way it is. Stop making a circus of it.
    For the record are we sure Kasumi's VA re-recorded the lines? Koga, Damien and I think Blaine's VA's are listed for this episode too, but apparently they're just using the old Kanto clips of their voices instead of creating new ones. Seems really odd to me for her VA to re-record the 3-5 lines of this in flashback form.

Quote Originally Posted by Ke$ha View Post
    Omg but how come that bothers you?? I say let people believe what they want and not worry about it if its not effecting you. I dont know why you or any body else is getting stressed over a flash back sequence and it doesnt make sense to me that some body who hates Misty is spending soooo much energy and time talkin about her
    I wouldn't have said it so bluntly, but I agree. Nothing but truth tea, especially the part about wasting time and energy on a trivial matter.

Ironically enough though, this episode really is starting to catch my interest. It seemed kind of average when we just knew about Charmander and the Kanto fair, then it got more interesting when we had confirmation about Ash's Charizard, but now it's really shaping up to be one of the most fascinating, polarizing episodes of BW and maybe the entire series in general. I'm still super pressed about the lack of information regarding how Charizard vs. Dragonite will be handled, but the rest is enough to make up for that.

You can't monitor other people's emotions. People are going to be excited over Misty's VA returning for the episode. People are going to be disappointed. That's the way it is. Stop making a circus of it.
    All eyes on Misty in the center of the ring just like a circus. ♪

Okay, I'll stop now.

Charizard Vs. Dragonite will probably end in a tie.

Depends on your point of view, I guess. Pokemon has varying degrees of importance, to different people and a lot of them have had very memorable experiences. Anyways, my point is that its really not that hard to believe why people make big deals out of things. People just do that because they're human. And darn it, I'm slow and more ninja'd than before XD.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    For the record are we sure Kasumi's VA re-recorded the lines? Koga, Damien and I think Blaine's VA's are listed for this episode too, but apparently they're just using the old Kanto clips of their voices instead of creating new ones. Seems really odd to me for her VA to re-record the 3-5 lines of this in flashback form.
    No one knows. It's possible they might have re-recorded some and reused others, but we have no way to tell until the actual episode airs. The only thing we do know is that it has been re-animated.

So I'm thinking Oak off-screen asked Liza to send over Charizard to Pallet Town that way when he tells Ash to head to the Kanto Festival he can surprise him by sending out Charizard.

Random : PokéRadar

But the summery says that ash asked oak to send over charizard ;p
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    So I'm thinking Oak off-screen asked Liza to send over Charizard to Pallet Town that way when he tells Ash to head to the Kanto Festival he can surprise him by sending out Charizard.
    You know what would be totally awesome? If Charizard suddenly realized he was too good for charcific valley, burned down the entire place and then flew himself to Ash because he wanted some of the action.

I don't think the studio will re-record the flashback scenes. I just don't think they'd want to pay the seiyuu to re-voice their characters when they can just use the original recordings and save money. Also, I'm now a bit worried about the flashback animation since the scenes will be animated by the same people who made Charizard look chubby. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    But the summery says that ash asked oak to send over charizard ;p
    Oh right. I guess then Oak gets it from Tracey off-screen somehow? Wasn't Oak supposed to be at the fair presenting the starters?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I don't think the studio will re-record the flashback scenes. I just don't think they'd want to pay the seiyuu to re-voice their characters when they can just use the original recordings and save money. Also, I'm now a bit worried about the flashback animation since the scenes will be animated by the same people who made Charizard look chubby. :x
    They'll have to pay them anyway, I believe. I'm not sure if there is a price difference between recording new material and using already recorded material, but I'm fairly certain they will have to pay for the VAs for using those recorded clips anyway.

As for chubby Charizard... maybe that one sequence is fluke? He didn't seem too big in other screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Oh right. I guess then Oak gets it from Tracey off-screen somehow? Wasn't Oak supposed to be at the fair presenting the starters?
    I thought Oak was presenting, too, but I suppose I'm wrong. Tracey's VA isn't in the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by team rocket4ever View Post
    misty and brock !!. is the opening can be updated
    What... for a flashback? Seriously.

I thought Oak was presenting, too, but I suppose I'm wrong. Tracey's VA isn't in the episode.
    That's why I said off-screen.

Misty got the same flashbacks back in Battle Frontier when Charizard returned to battle Brandon. They showed Misty in those same flashbacks of her running in the rain with Charmander. Why is it back then nobody cared when Misty was in a flashback, yet now people are making a big deal out of it when its going to be a 1 minute scene at most? The flashbacks are for Charizard, they are NOT even about Misty or Brock.
    Difference between AG flashbacks and BW flashbacks is in fact how in Hoenn fandom saw Misty in person 20 to 30 episodes prior to flashback happening when Ash was preparing to rechallenge Brandon. Since than we haven't seen Misty in any form for 7 years, until now. And yes lure isn't same as seeing Misty in physical shape, even if its just a flashback scene.

So its nothing surprising to see fans being much more excited and happy about seieng her now, compared to flashback scene which happened not too long when she she made cameo.

Longest character is absent, desire among people to see him again and what has changed is going to step by step increase building up suspension and excitement about fans when they finally see said character again.

Its only logical that people are going to be heat up about character who was absent for very long time regardless of not being confirmed they'll see him outside of flash scene, especially if character in question is highly popular.

You do realize the people overhyped about a flashback scene are the minority, right? Most people don't seem to care because its just that...a flashback. They have these all the time in Pokemon.
    Most people while not overhyped are in general happy that Misty and Brock will get some recognition and acknowledge of existence through flashback, appreciating such gesture from writers.

Im not even sure whats wrong with people being excited over it? Personally im glad because of this too and im looking forward to new, unexpected surprises writers might bring to us in future.

Where are these people? I am a part of these communities. If they exist, they are a very small minority.
    Believe me hes right on this. I checked youtube, deviantart, tumblr and some other sites and notable portion of fandom is speculating how Misty might return in person, not necessarily as main but in cameo appearance.
    Regarding return to main cast majority of Misty fandom would like that (count me in), but most has accepted how chances for this are very small.

Though im still having some small hope how in future writers will give them guest appearance like they did with Dawn. Especially with Misty being ages last time we saw her to get some update, what has changed and some more growth. There were left many things unanswered(about dreams, background, aims) definitely having potential to offer much more on table.

Though i wont hold my breath over it.

I don't know what's giving you this impression. Said characters don't seem to have any more popularity than the others. Which is why you often see negative opinions flying around some of the time.
    I wouldn't know. When Sceptile or Glalie were confirmed to comeback for DP league i don't recall so much hype being made like its happening with Charizard now. Same applies to Misty and Brock with people viewing them as iconic legends which started everything. So while im not sure whose more popular nor it matters, its undeniable how this characters are massively popular who left big impact on audience.

If anything huge demand for their return is usually reflection of strong following they still have.

It's a cartoon. Anyone who has traumatized in real life over a cartoon character probably should get the help they need. The show is aimed at 5 year olds, the characters are not meant to be cried over.
    Its not necessarily just about said character leaving, but more whole chain of undesired side effects such moves pull with itself. Such as failure to meet stable cast building up on characters taking them forward, chance to have on going plot , consistent development and continuity based story as well lose of brand, opportunity to create loyal fandom standing in way of anime evolving and doing new innovations.

Of course naturally if someone grow attached to character liking him, its to expect he wont be happy when hes replaced, especially if said character was left unfinished having lot of potential end up unopen like certain redhead. But in most cases people which are oppose to idea of constant cycling aren't rabid fanboys which are crying years and years over someone departure(i hope they aren't), being more disappointed with formulaic, uncreative formula anime uses instead of putting more effort in something they already have setting foundation for more substantial growth instead of solving issue by sweeping things under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Uh what? You people get away with bashing piplup all the frigging time. But I suppose since you don't like the penguin you automatically ignore them and zoom in on anything that doesn't show love to misty.

So an outline of the episode I guess IMO

Ash and co walks into city
    Ash falls in love with carnival
    Everyone enjoys themselves
    Ash and co sees oak on stage
    They meet and stuff.
    Charmander is brought out.
    Charmander is messing up.
    Ash remembers charizard.
    Cue flashback sequence.
    Iris says thats just like dragonite.
    Then it is revealed that dragonite was missing.
    He got hungry and wanted some food and when the cotton candy man demanded payment, he smashed the guy's kart and threatened to knock his lights out.
    ATM charizard is flying over Unova. He thinks about Ash
    He sees a man about to be killed by a rampaging dragonite.
    Charizard touches down and saves the man.
    Ash meets up with them.
    iris recalls dragonite.
    Ash gets burned.
    Dragonite busts out and wants more.
    They have the burning scene.
    TP activates their plan.
    Playerking posted a summary on BMGf(not sure if he did here)...apparently Ash calls Oak to send Charizard. So Charizard won't be randomly flying to Unova.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Alrighty my friends.. I can't be present when the preview of all previews goes live.. I'm hereby leaving my utmost considerations to all that remain.. Enjoy the fangasm, and try to keep the desktop clean

Cheers,

Yours truly
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Difference between AG flashbacks and BW flashbacks is in fact how in Hoenn fandom saw Misty in person 20 to 30 episodes prior to flashback happening when Ash was preparing to rechallenge Brandon. Since than we haven't seen Misty in any form for 7 years, until now. And yes lure isn't same as seeing Misty in physical shape, even if its just a flashback scene.

So its nothing surprising to see fans being much more excited and happy about seieng her now, compared to flashback scene which happened not too long when she she made cameo.

Longest character is absent, desire among people to see him again and what has changed is going to step by step increase building up suspension and excitement about fans when they finally see said character again.

Its only logical that people are going to be heat up about character who was absent for very long time regardless of not being confirmed they'll see him outside of flash scene, especially if character in question is highly popular.

Most people while not overhyped are in general happy that Misty and Brock will get some recognition and acknowledge of existence through flashback, appreciating such gesture from writers.

Im not even sure whats wrong with people being excited over it? Personally im glad because of this too and im looking forward to new, unexpected surprises writers might bring to us in future.

Believe me hes right on this. I checked youtube, deviantart, tumblr and some other sites and notable portion of fandom is speculating how Misty might return in person, not necessarily as main but in cameo appearance.
    Regarding return to main cast majority of Misty fandom would like that (count me in), but most has accepted how chances for this are very small.

Though im still having some small hope how in future writers will give them guest appearance like they did with Dawn. Especially with Misty being ages last time we saw her to get some update, what has changed and some more growth. There were left many things unanswered(about dreams, background, aims) definitely having potential to offer much more on table.

Though i wont hold my breath over it.

I wouldn't know. When Sceptile or Glalie were confirmed to comeback for DP league i don't recall so much hype being made like its happening with Charizard now. Same applies to Misty and Brock with people viewing them as iconic legends which started everything. So while im not sure whose more popular nor it matters, its undeniable how this characters are massively popular who left big impact on audience.

If anything huge demand for their return is usually reflection of strong following they still have.

Its not necessarily just about said character leaving, but more whole chain of undesired side effects such moves pull with itself. Such as failure to meet stable cast building up on characters taking them forward, chance to have on going plot , consistent development and continuity based story as well lose of brand, opportunity to create loyal fandom standing in way of anime evolving and doing new innovations.

Of course naturally if someone grow attached to character liking him, its to expect he wont be happy when hes replaced, especially if said character was left unfinished having lot of potential end up unopen like certain redhead. But in most cases people which are oppose to idea of constant cycling aren't rabid fanboys which are crying years and years over someone departure(i hope they aren't), being more disappointed with formulaic, uncreative formula anime uses instead of putting more effort in something they already have setting foundation for more substantial growth instead of solving issue by sweeping things under the rug.
    I agree with you. The OS series is overall my favorite (call it nostalgia or whatever you like, people), so I'm really happy Misty and Brock are at least getting a passing mention. Like the writers actually acknowledging they still exist! XD.

We all know they're not returning to the main cast, but it's nice that Ash still remembers his friends fondly after all this time (as well as Charizard's growth).

Yeah, that's exactly it.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 28th February 2013 at 9:57 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Preview
    - A girl intrdocues Charmader.
    - Charmander comes out of smoke and shows off.
    - Ash N co. walk around and see Kanto Pokemon decorations.
    - Ash and Charmander at the Pokemon center, Ash pats its head with N behind him.
    - Charizard flashback of Charizard on a beach and Charizard looks back at Ash.
    - Ash looks at Charizard's Pokeball.
    - Ash commands Charizard.
    - Charizard flies into the air and uses Steel Wing?
    - Dragonite follows with ThunderPunch.
    - Charizard uses Scratch(?) and then roars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFiArcht-yY
    Last edited by playerking; 28th February 2013 at 10:36 AM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Seems like Charizard has 2 more new moves. One is a winged type attack (but didn't look like Steel Wing) and the other is either a claw or slashing type move.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 28th February 2013 at 10:31 AM.

And it is now 100% confirmed to be Ash's Charizard.

Now lets see if Misty and Brock will appear in person or they only in flashbacks.

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Was that Slash? or Dragon Claw?

Flamethrower
    Dragon Tail
    Dragon Claw / Slash
    was that Wing Attack as well?

Page 86 of 113 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast