Page 91 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2806

Thread: BWS2EN-8 - Charizard [FIRST POST UPDATED 2/7]

  1. #2251

    Default

    So now Charizard knows Wing Attack and Slash. Hopefully Charizard won't use Seismic Toss. That move sucks...
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

  2. #2252
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    OOOH this episode looks good. Too bad I'm missing it. :/ But lol I totally thought Dragonite and Charizard would be more of rivals. I'll actually lul if them being bros is sort of a joke like how Piplup and Oshawott were rivals but were still close friends.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  3. #2253
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    I don't mind if Seismic Toss stays or not, I'm just a little depressed that instead of coming back with something like Inferno, Dragon Pulse, Blast Burn (ugh, people obsessed over this), and/or Sky Drop, Air Slash, Flame Burst... it gets the Normal move Slash (which it should have known ages ago or not at all) and Wing Attack (same as Slash) Oh and Dragon Tail
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  4. #2254
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Wing Attack, Slash and Dragon Tail?

    EW.

    Well Tomioka I'm very disappointed in you for that. You could've done a lot better. But thanks for Charizard.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  5. #2255
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,601

    Default

    I'd lol if Ash went: Ah, Charizard, that wonderfull Pokemon who cost me my first two leagues, one on purpose and was the only one to fall in my most important Frontier Battle. Yeah, screw those other guys, send that boy back to me Oak, REAL quick. :]]
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  6. #2256
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    And your point is?

    No point. just made a gif from the trailer for anyone who might have liked one.

  7. #2257
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Well Charizard is going to stay with Ash for sometime(he will appear in the newest movie?) I'm sure he'll learn new stronger moves while he travels with Ash and the others. It would be boring if he already know Blast Burn, Dragon Rush, Dragon Pulse etc and keeping the same moveset for a long time. It would be nice to see Charizard and Ash working together to learn these new moves.

  8. #2258
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    It looks official that Charizard lives at Oaks now. I currently don't see any real evidence that says otherwise.
    You do realise Unova's pretty far from the other regions, calling oak and having him help in sending it is probably the best option rather than having it magically appear out of nowhere here--;
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 28th February 2013 at 6:52 PM.

  9. #2259
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond. View Post
    Well Charizard is going to stay with Ash for sometime(he will appear in the newest movie?) I'm sure he'll learn new stronger moves while he travels with Ash and the others. It would be boring if he already know Blast Burn, Dragon Rush, Dragon Pulse etc and keeping the same moveset for a long time. It would be nice to see Charizard and Ash working together to learn these new moves.
    No, because it makes sense already knowing those strong moves.

    Ash currently has no battle-oriented goal, here, and there's no point in training, either, we're at the last stages of 5th gen.

    If Ash is going to get a "new" Pokemon to use in this late stage, is should already have an impressive moveset, with maybe 1 powerful move it learns along the way.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 28th February 2013 at 7:02 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  10. #2260

    Default

    It's weird that they'd revamp his moves so much really, but eh, personally i'd have liked to have seen this as his moveset:

    -Flamethrower
    -Dragon Tail
    -Giga Impact
    -Dragon Rage

    ----

    Instead we're getting this?:

    -Flamethrower
    -Dragontail
    -Wing Attack
    -Slash

    It's a varied moveset sure, but it doesn't seem powerful at all...

  11. #2261
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    There was no training. Charizific Valley never existed. It was just a stupid reason to make Ash throw away his super strong Fire Type that actually made him look like a sensible trainer.

    It looks official that Charizard lives at Oaks now. I currently don't see any real evidence that says otherwise.
    So, what was the two leagues, the legendary and other battles it had for? Nothing too? I mean come on. Don't you find that a bit messed up? So now Charizard is going to be at Oak's lab with no history of being in the Charizard Valley at all? So then what why did they even send it away in the first place if he could have just left it at Oak's ranch back in Johto?
    Last edited by Caseydia; 4th March 2013 at 5:55 PM.

    My ideal battle ever!

  12. #2262
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Charizard with Seismic Toss would quickly get boring you know. Remember, he was mostly using it during his disobedient phase, so it was few & far between. He was just allowed to keep it afterwards.

    I mean, do you expect him to KO Reshiram with Seismic Toss?
    Am I a bad person if I say yes?

  13. #2263
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,990

    Default

    I really don't care what moves he has(this includes Blast Burn since i knew it was a longshot, and I don't know why the writers are scared to show this move by now), it's putting them into practice that matters.

    I mean sure people whine about Pikachu swapping volt tackle for electro ball and yet look at what Pikachu was able to do with that move when it got powered up by Thundurus

    You think Volt Tackle would ever look that impressive, cause I don't think so.

    Change is always good.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 28th February 2013 at 7:03 PM.

  14. #2264
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Maybe it learns Dragon Tail during the episode. I think it will have the following moveset:

    Flamethrower (standard attack)
    Seismic Toss (finisher, if it gets replaced they need new writers for sure for ruining Charizard)
    Slash (Typical Physical move for Charizard)
    Wing Attack (Downgraded Steel Wing)
    Dragon Tail (hopefully replaces either Slash or Wing Attack, new Dragon move)

  15. #2265
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    So, what was the two leagues and the legendary and other battles it had for? Nothing too? I mean come on. Don't you find that abit messed up. So now Charizard is going to be at Oak's lab with no history of being in the Charizard Valley at all? So then what why did they even send it away in the first place if he could have just left it at Oak's ranch back in Johto?
    Ignore Thriller.

    Thriller is forgetting one of the flashback scenes is Ash saying goodbye to Charizard by leaving it at the Charicific Valley.

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I really don't care what moves he has(this includes Blast Burn since i knew it was a longshot, and I don't know why the writers are scared to show this move by now), it's putting them into practice that matters.

    I mean sure people whine about Pikachu swapping volt tackle for electro ball and yet look at what Pikachu was able to do with that move when it got powered up by Thundurus
    There's a difference between having Ash's ONLY electric Pokemon learn a brand new generation electric move, and replacing all but one (if it has Flamethrower) of Charizard's moves.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  16. #2266
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Uhm, Clair never had a dragonite...
    Not Clair's, the FORMER leader's. That Outraging one in the episode before they had the actual gym battle. (I actually have no memory at all about that battle, I just know there was a Dragonite Outraging lol, so I don't take this as redundant)
    Last edited by Rohanator; 28th February 2013 at 7:07 PM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  17. #2267
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    Actually guys, I dont' have a problem with Charizard "downgrading" moves. Wing Attack isn't bad, it gives him a flying type move.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  18. #2268
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Actually guys, I dont' have a problem with Charizard "downgrading" moves. Wing Attack isn't bad, it gives him a flying type move.
    Sky drop would've been far better on the account it's actually a 5th generation move, and has the same power as wing attack, and has similar properties with Seismic Toss.

    Wing attack was utterly unnecessary. I'd much rather see Charizard with Aerial Ace than Wing Attack, only because Wing Attack is so boring.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  19. #2269
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    There was no training. Charizific Valley never existed. It was just a stupid reason to make Ash throw away his super strong Fire Type that actually made him look like a sensible trainer.

    It looks official that Charizard lives at Oaks now. I currently don't see any real evidence that says otherwise.
    I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but one of the flashback scenes shows Ash leaving Charizard in the Charizific Valley.
    Look:

    http://images.wikia.com/es.pokemon/i..._dragonite.jpg

    -----
    Anyway, Charizard looks really good in the preview. And that animation is epic. But... Slash? Seriously? You make Charizard forgot Seismic Toss for Slash? That'd be the most stupid thing the writers ever done (similar to Pikachu losing Volt Tackle for Electro Ball).

    Anyway, we don't know for sure what exactly are those 2 new moves seen in the preview. The attack he does with the claw could be one of these:
    -Slash: In BW the animation for this move is different from what Charizard is doing, but it could be it anyway.
    -Hone Claws: Charizard is slashing the air in the preview, and then roaring. The preview didn't show Dragonite avoiding Charizard's claw. So it's very possible that this move is Hone Claw and that's why Charizard slash the air and roars.
    -Brick Break: Cinthia's Garchomp uses this attack with its claw. So Charizard could do the same thing here. And it would be a fighting type move, just like Seismic Toss was. It's a much logical choice.

    And the attack made with the wings, could be:
    -Wing Attack: It looks like it, it's wings glow in a white light. And it would cover his flying type.
    -Steel Wing: He had this attack the last time we saw him, and this attack was never used in BW so we don't really know how the animation for it is. Last time we saw Steel Wing in DP, it looks exactly the same to Wing Attack. However it has a downside in all the steel type moves being ironish in BW (Iron tail, Metal claw, etc) so one would expect this in Steel wing too. But it has the upperhand too because Charizard already knew it.
    And this is one that anyone thought about:
    -Sky Drop: we haven't seen this attack in BW yet, so we don't know how it looks like. This would be a perfect replacement for Seismic Toss and for all we know, it could use the wings in anime to use Sky Drop.

    Other possible scenario, like other people said, is that Charizard appear in this episode with Flamethrower, Seismic Toss, *Claw attack* and *Wing attack* and then forgets one of the 2 new attacks (most likely the claw one) and learn Dragon Tail, keeping Seismic Toss. Given he is staying with Ash till the end of the saga he could learn new move(s) and replace some moves.
    He could even have more than 4 attacks or rotate attacks .
    Well, if Charizard's moveset is this:
    -Flamethrower.
    -Dragon Tail.
    -Brick Break.
    -Wing Attack/Steel Wing.

    I won't complain. But if Slash in instead of Brick Break and doesn't get replaced. Well... I don't even... maybe they surprise us and make Slash more powerfull than Krookodile's Dragon Claw and Charizard slams Dragonite into the ground with it. Who knows.
    My ideal moveset, however:
    -Flamethrower.
    -Seismic Toss.
    -Dragon Tail.
    -Steel Wing/Wing Attack.

    ---
    And for those who said that Seismic Toss wasn't a good move, let me tell you that Charizard beat: Magmar, Poliwrath, Electabuzz, Pidgeot, Dragonair, Blastoise and Articuno with it. So yeah, it deffinitely isn't a bad move. And it sure is better than Slash.

  20. #2270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    There was no training. Charizific Valley never existed. It was just a stupid reason to make Ash throw away his super strong Fire Type that actually made him look like a sensible trainer.

    It looks official that Charizard lives at Oaks now. I currently don't see any real evidence that says otherwise.
    Congratulations you've genuinely earned the stupidest comment of 2013.

    Charific Valley was very important and has not been forgotten, tied together with Liza's presence it:

    -Was used to get rid of Charizard early Johto.
    -Was featured in Movie 3.
    -Was mentioned (remembered with Liza) at Blackthorn City.
    -Was mentioned yet again, thanks to Brock calling Liza as Charizard returned for the Johto League.
    -Mentioned yet again as it was revealed Ash called Liza for Charizard to battle Nolan/Articuno.
    -Mentioned AGAIN, that Charizard returned from there to battle Brandon/Dusclops, also the final place Charizard was heading back to afterwards.

    Wow, you're right there's absolutely NO EVIDENCE that Charizard is at the place he's resided at for the past 10 years. You're right, there's loads of evidence that one phone call to Oak means Charizard is with him, thanks Thriller. I can't believe i never noticed.

    p.s, obvious sarcasm, don't be ridiculous we're even going to see a revamped flashback of Charizard staying behind at Charific Valley.

  21. #2271
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    STAB really doesn't matter in this show... sure they made it clear that Pokemon of the same type as the move they use makes it more powerful, but you still see Pokemon without STAB KO other Pokemon (examples: Krookodile and Lenora's Watchog)

    So Charizard really didn't need a Flying attack
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  22. #2272
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Sky drop would've been far better on the account it's actually a 5th generation move, and has the same power as wing attack, and has similar properties with Seismic Toss.
    Eh it would have looked similar to Fly or Seismic Toss, and I think it's cooler because it shows off those pretty wings. :3

    Wing attack was utterly unnecessary. I'd much rather see Charizard with Aerial Ace than Wing Attack, only because Wing Attack is so boring.
    OMG. So many of Ash's Pokemon have freaking Aerial Ace. -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    STAB really doesn't matter in this show... sure they made it clear that Pokemon of the same type as the move they use makes it more powerful, but you still see Pokemon without STAB KO other Pokemon (examples: Krookodile and Lenora's Watchog)

    So Charizard really didn't need a Flying attack

    Well what I mean is for type variation. Who knows what he was training at, and it's not uncommon to change moves for convenience.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  23. #2273
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Dragon Tail is the only move that I don't mind.

    Because at least it's different.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  24. #2274
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,492

    Default

    Slash doesn't even have any real utility that shadow or dragon claw couldn't do...

  25. #2275
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Slash doesn't even have any real utility that shadow or dragon claw couldn't do...
    Exactly.

    Slash is pointless even if it gave Charizard long claws.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 91 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •