Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: small issue regarding pokeballs

Default small issue regarding pokeballs

has the issue about the inability to catch fainted pokemon been resolved?

ha. but seriously, you'd think that if a pokemon was FAINTED, it would be easier to catch. ya know, cause it's... unconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by SpineRipper View Post

ha. but seriously, you'd think that if a pokemon was FAINTED, it would be easier to catch. ya know, cause it's... unconscious.
    That's why you can't catch them, it'd be too easy as all you would have to do is knock it out and throw balls at it, it wont be able to fight back.

It's not an issue or anything.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    That's why you can't catch them, it'd be too easy as all you would have to do is knock it out and throw balls at it, it wont be able to fight back.

This. It removes the challenge from the game. KOing a Pokemon is easy, but leaving a Pokemon at low health requires restraint, so it adds challenge to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

i know, but realistically it's always made me mad cause in reality you'd be able to capture something easily if it were unconscious. i was just wondering if anybody shared the same point of view hahah.

Yeah bro i understand your logic here 100% ay lol, forget the fact of gameplay and rest of it for a second alright.. If you think about it Spine is completly right, if pokemon cant move they should be easier to catch XD

hahaha man i agree with you 100% on this one. If a Pokemon's unconscious you should be able to use a pokeball or something >.<
    Bug-Type Represent !

In the anime or real life it makes sense that you could throw a ball at a Pokemon that is fainted and catch it easily, but in the game due matters of challenge it is understanble why you cannot.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 2nd February 2013 at 4:30 AM.

another thing i realize, is if a pokemon is asleep it's pretty weird that YOUR attacks can still miss and it can STILL break free from a poke ball..

another thing i realize, is if a pokemon is asleep it's pretty weird that YOUR attacks can still miss and it can STILL break free from a poke ball..
    LMAO bro your genius ay hehehe.
    i hope you dont take this the wrong way man, but i love you XD

Given a pokemon is a asleep , how actually can they dodge your attack ! Cause if people wanna get down to the nitty gritty, then alright, perhaps a sleep talking poke might be able to bust out of a pokeball and or dodge an attack but otherwise it should be a solid hit or catch lol.
    Bug-Type Represent !

Well, it IS a franchise about mutant creatures battling each other whilst being able to squeeze themselves into tiny, pocket-sized balls in a world where ten-year olds can magically survive 10,000 volt lightning strikes and dragons burning them to a crisp, so you probably shouldn't question it.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Moth View Post
    LMAO bro your genius ay hehehe.
    i hope you dont take this the wrong way man, but i love you XD

Given a pokemon is a asleep , how actually can they dodge your attack ! Cause if people wanna get down to the nitty gritty, then alright, perhaps a sleep talking poke might be able to bust out of a pokeball and or dodge an attack but otherwise it should be a solid hit or catch lol.
    love you too buddy. xD and yeah my wigglytuff uses tackle on snorlax and it MISSES. like, what the hell. how do you miss a SNORLAX.

You don't think there's anything remotely cruel to capturing a Pokemon after leaving it fully beaten up and defenseless?

At least if you caught it with 1 HP of health remaining, the Pokemon was still capable of attacking you and putting up a fight. Not KOing it before capture shows honor, kindness, and dignity.

An attack such as Thunder is essentially summoning a thundercloud and hoping it hits somewhere near the target. Hydro Pump fires with such force, it can be difficult to control. Even with a move such as Fire Fang, perhaps the user chomps down too soon because of the elements in its mouth.

and yeah my wigglytuff uses tackle on snorlax and it MISSES. like, what the hell. how do you miss a SNORLAX.
    A Tackle is essentially just a charge. The user could stumble, or its aim may be off.

BTW, Tackle's accuracy is 100% as of Gen V.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 2nd February 2013 at 4:46 AM.

i know, but realistically it's always made me mad cause in reality you'd be able to capture something easily if it were unconscious. i was just wondering if anybody shared the same point of view hahah.
    Games are never 100% realistic, despite that, Pokemon is fairly realistic overall. They just choose to not make capturing Pokemon so easy apposed to having it be a 100% realistic approach.

You attacks missing is a matter of your Accuracy and the opponent's Evasion. If you were hit with Sand-Attack then you have sand in your eyes and as such the attack can miss because you can't see exactly where you're hitting. Being under Sleep wouldn't mean stuff like Double Team would wear off either, there would still be the illusion of there being more then one of the Pokemon making it harder to know which is real. It's not like Pokemon really dodge.

As for breaking out of balls, again, going for not making capture Pokemon too easy appose to 100% realism. Being under Sleep increases the chance of catching a Pokemon anyways, which is 2x which is only the case for it and Frozen both of which have the Pokemon unable to do anything until the effects wear off. So they even put realism into an illogical situation.

Games are never 100% realistic, despite that, Pokemon is fairly realistic overall. They just choose to not make capturing Pokemon so easy apposed to having it be a 100% realistic approach.

You attacks missing is a matter of your Accuracy and the opponent's Evasion. If you were hit with Sand-Attack then you have sand in your eyes and as such the attack can miss because you can't see exactly where you're hitting. Being under Sleep wouldn't mean stuff like Double Team would wear off either, there would still be the illusion of there being more then one of the Pokemon making it harder to know which is real. It's not like Pokemon really dodge.

As for breaking out of balls, again, going for not making capture Pokemon too easy appose to 100% realism. Being under Sleep increases the chance of catching a Pokemon anyways, which is 2x which is only the case for it and Frozen both of which have the Pokemon unable to do anything until the effects wear off. So they even put realism into an illogical situation.
    my point was, if i use slam or something with below 100 accuracy, and my opponent is asleep, then how do i miss. that was the point. because ya know, if someone is asleep, they're typically NOT moving. i know how accuracy and evasion work, and i understand that slam has 75 accuracy and can miss. i just think it's funny it happens to still miss when my opponent is asleep, because in theory it should hit.

as for the second point, yes, being asleep does increase the chances of a pokemon being caught, but once again, back to the "if asleep then not moving around" theory, the pokemon should be caught.

i know how to play the game...

my point was, if i use slam or something with below 100 accuracy, and my opponent is asleep, then how do i miss. that was the point. because ya know, if someone is asleep, they're typically NOT moving. i know how accuracy and evasion work, and i understand that slam has 75 accuracy and can miss. i just think it's funny it happens to still miss when my opponent is asleep, because in theory it should hit.

as for the second point, yes, being asleep does increase the chances of a pokemon being caught, but once again, back to the "if asleep then not moving around" theory, the pokemon should be caught.

i know how to play the game...
    If something has low Accuracy then it's just inaccurate, it's the same thing with Accuracy and Evasion. Certain moves for whatever reason are just harder to hit the target, so they miss, it doesn't have to deal with the opponent.

And again, it's a matter of choosing realism over not making battles too easy. As I said, games are never 100% realistic, they pick and choose what will be realistic and what's going to be illogical for the sake of the game. For Pokemon, Pokemon not staying in the ball when they are under Sleep is just an example of when a game is choosing the illogical path for more challenge. And again, despite this, this still put in realism into it, they aren't going to just give you a Pokemon that's under Sleep but they'll acknowledge the fact Sleeping Pokemon should be easier to catch and as such they are.

It's not a matter of knowing how to play the game or not, it's a matter of they aren't going to make the games 100% realistic, again, games never are(Maybe there's one out there that is but in general, most games have something unrealistic about them).

If something has low Accuracy then it's just inaccurate, it's the same thing with Accuracy and Evasion. Certain moves for whatever reason are just harder to hit the target, so they miss, it doesn't have to deal with the opponent.

And again, it's a matter of choosing realism over not making battles too easy. As I said, games are never 100% realistic, they pick and choose what will be realistic and what's going to be illogical for the sake of the game. For Pokemon, Pokemon not staying in the ball when they are under Sleep is just an example of when a game is choosing the illogical path for more challenge. And again, despite this, this still put in realism into it, they aren't going to just give you a Pokemon that's under Sleep but they'll acknowledge the fact Sleeping Pokemon should be easier to catch and as such they are.

It's not a matter of knowing how to play the game or not, it's a matter of they aren't going to make the games 100% realistic, again, games never are(Maybe there's one out there that is but in general, most games have something unrealistic about them).
    ..........ok.

Exactly. It does irritate me sometimes, like when it's a Pokemon I really want then I accidentally take it out. For the most part though it's just another slight challenge of the game.

It does make sense though... To be able to catch a Pokemon when it's fainted. They sure do it plenty in the show... xD

Maybe the art of the capture involves earning the Pokemon's trust - something it can't give you when unconscious. Don't you have to recruit Pokemon that way in Mystery Dungeon? (Never played it so forgive me if i'm wrong) Also, Ash's Snivy's smirk before capture might be indicative of this.
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

Obviously if a Pokemon is fainted then it is only logical that it would be easy to catch, but that isn't very sportsmanlike.

Yeah, if you want a explanation for it, the one about how you needed to earn a Pokemon's trust/respect etc by capturing it when it can still fight back fits in nicely with the themes of the game. There's always a lot said in game about the bond between trainers and Pokemon and how evil it is to just use Pokemon as tools for your own ends. Knocking a Pokemon out to capture it certain fits the latter, very reminiscent of something Team Rocket would do.
    ALPHA SAHPHIRE

Now that I think about it, what is the difference between a Pokemon you KO'd, and a Pokemon that you used spore on? Both are asleep.

Black FC: 0433-2525-5010
    Black 2 FC: 5201 0405 6565

I felt the same way, until I saw this post:
    It's only to balance the game out. It would be too easy, and after a while, get boring.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by AK Adam View Post
    Now that I think about it, what is the difference between a Pokemon you KO'd, and a Pokemon that you used spore on? Both are asleep.
    There's a difference between being asleep and entirely lacking the necessary energy required to battle.

I remember saying that like, two days ago, but I kinda just let it slip my mine. I also hate how In Pokemon Black you can't use certain pokeballs.
    ~Working on getting a sig~

ah. true. and everyone i'm not saying the game should be different and let you catch a fainted pokemon, i'm just saying it kills part of the realisticity..

ah. true. and everyone i'm not saying the game should be different and let you catch a fainted pokemon, i'm just saying it kills part of the realisticity..
    Being a jerk to Pokemon isn't realistic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast