Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What legendary should Ash get.

Default What legendary should Ash get.

If Ash were to get one legendary what one should he get for his team.

Arceus.

Ash is the pokemon equivalent of the Messiah so he should get a pokemon fit for his status.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Arceus.

Ash is the pokemon equivalent of the Messiah so he should get a pokemon fit for his status.
    Well I knew some one was going to bring Arceus up sooner or later might as well be the first reply. I think God is a bit much for a 10 (never age) year old kid even if he is the Jesus of the Pokemon world and Ash being Ash will treat him just like another one of his Pokemon going gym to gym entering kids leagues not once thinking hey I have god backing me up I think I am done time to bring world peace.

Quote Originally Posted by jdgjordan View Post
    Well I knew some one was going to bring Arceus up sooner or later might as well be the first reply. I think God is a bit much for a 10 (never age) year old kid even if he is the Jesus of the Pokemon world and Ash being Ash will treat him just like another one of his Pokemon going gym to gym entering kids leagues not once thinking hey I have god backing me up I think I am done time to bring world peace.
    Actually the irony resulting from Arceus losing to a base form starter for no reason other than rival power armor would make pokemon so bad its good.

I, personally, firmly believe Mewtwo belongs with Ash, and I'd find it a beautiful, fitting ending for the Animé with Ash as the main character if he owned Mewtwo and won the championship with its aid.

I agree with Lex. Mewtwo and Ash go together.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

somehow i can see ho-oh challenging ash and getting caught by him, simply because ho-oh saw potential in ash and wants to put him to the test.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Mew. Their personalities would work well together I think.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

No legendary, he doesn't need one.

Meloetta. She would have been the PERFECT one for Ash - she wasn't a godmon, she wasn't abundantly powerful, she seemed like the one kind of legendary Ash would ever have a chance at getting! Just from catching Meloetta for himself, all his stupid acts during BW would be forgiven.

But then Mr. Ridley came along and said "**** you" to that chance.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Ash should probably get one of the 3 legendary birds of Gen I. I mean, they're legendary but not that legendary anymore since Noland & the Battle Frontier.

Personally I think azelf and I have since d/p but I don't know why. I don't think arceus because I have always thought of arceus as stand alone and same with mewtwo

Agression, Destruction.
    Meowstic is officially mine!

Credit to SM

None,. he does not need one

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Arcanine.........

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    somehow i can see ho-oh challenging ash and getting caught by him, simply because ho-oh saw potential in ash and wants to put him to the test.
    I think Ho-Oh would be a good one for Ash to catch because of that, as well as because it was the first rare Pokemon he ever saw. It'd be interesting for him to just now catch it after so long. xD

Latias, for a rematch with Tobias's Latios
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

> implying that a one-note character who won solely because the protagonist isn't allowed to will ever appear again, let alone for a rematch
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

I was really pulling for him to capture Meloetta. Since that one fell through, I would have to agree with two prior responses as well as advocate for Meloetta.
    If you're referring to him capturing a legendary at the end of his travels, Mewtwo would be my choice. I think it would be a fitting end to his journey and two, once Ash grows up, would really be perfect for eachother.
    I would also advocate for Latias. I don't really have a reason, I just think that if Meloetta and Mewtwo are out of the question, let's go with Latias. A playful Latias would fit him perfectly.
    Yellow Team [Currently In Progress]:
    () () . . () . () . . () . . ()
    Justin - Wilfred - Xavier - Tank - Raymundo - Dugtrio

Black 2 Team:
    () () . () . () . () . ()
    Tidas - Hades - Odin - Valdosta - Stark - Oscar

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Arcanine.........
    I love this.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

I agree that he should catch Mewtwo. It would be a nice addition plus he currently owns no psychic types

Why would Ash get a Legendary? I mean, yeah, we all as kids have always questioned why it is he's never really made an effort to catch one, but these days, I don't think it would help his character in the least. It'd just make him more of a Gary Stu than he already is. So no, I don't want Ash to get a Legendary at all.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    Latias, for a rematch with Tobias's Latios
    Wow that sounded real nice.What about suicune, it was really overhyped in the johto season,i feel it would match with ash.
    ミュウツー

Quote Originally Posted by XxVascoxX View Post
    Wow that sounded real nice.What about suicune, it was really overhyped in the johto season,i feel it would match with ash.
    Yeah! Suicune wouldn't be a bad one. In the fourth movie it seemed like it and Ash would have made a pretty good team, so why not? xD

Time for a serious response: I completely disagree with the people who have stated Mew-Two. Why you may ask? Because Mew-Two didn't ask to be created nor did it want to. Also because it is trying to figure out what its purpose is in life, he is trying to figure out his reason for existence. I highly doubt its purpose is to serve a dim witted 10 year old kid. Let's move on to Ho-oh, I believe Ash shouldn't capture it, I mean people assume Ash is the only one who has seen it but Morty saw it too right? I don't know, did he? and I'm sure other unknown people in the anime have seen it too. Ash seeing Ho-oh at the beginning of his journey was just a sign that Ash was going to accomplish great things in the near future. Next we have Latias, I feel like Latias could have been acceptable, but it goes against Ash and his beliefs to capture a legendary and the same applies for his corresponding lake guardian, Victini and Meloetta. In essence Ash will and should never capture a legendary because it goes against his own principles and beliefs and that's one of the things the anime inculcates to its target audience, that one should stand by his/her beliefs.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 4th February 2013 at 7:14 AM.

Generally I don't think he should, legendaries are legendary. But if he absolutely, definitely, no-way-out-of-it had to have one, it'd have to be one of the ones he has had a bit of a connection with, like Ho-Oh, Mewtwo, Latias or Azelf. Guess if I had to pick one it'd be Mewtwo, the only one I like. Ideally though it will never have to happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast