Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: small issue regarding pokeballs

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    This. It removes the challenge from the game. KOing a Pokemon is easy, but leaving a Pokemon at low health requires restraint, so it adds challenge to the game.
    Fury cutter says hi.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

It would be nice to catch fainted pokemon but then legendaries would be an easy catch

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Fury cutter says hi.
    Surely you mean False swipe...

1) Irl, if you were to KO someone, they'd become dead weight, making them harder to capture.
    2) In the anime, where they CAN catch fainted Pokemon, they usually don't gain EXP (what they do have regarding experience is very loose nonetheless), so in the game, you can't have both, one or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

As some people already said, It'd remove the challenge from the game. HOWEVER! In pokemon BW There was a capture-rate timer that was very helpful, Say.. If you spent a whole bunch of pokeballs trying to catch a pokemon only to fail misserably, Randomly the pokeball (Regardless what kind of pokeball) would make a different sound and instantly catch the pokemon (Regardless the pokemon, Including legendaries). This feature should've been kept in BW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchog View Post
    As some people already said, It'd remove the challenge from the game. HOWEVER! In pokemon BW There was a capture-rate timer that was very helpful, Say.. If you spent a whole bunch of pokeballs trying to catch a pokemon only to fail misserably, Randomly the pokeball (Regardless what kind of pokeball) would make a different sound and instantly catch the pokemon (Regardless the pokemon, Including legendaries). This feature should've been kept in BW2.
    That's not what it was, http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...itical_capture

Also, it's still in B2/W2.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Or if you try and catch it when it is knocked out and you fail, somehow, it will have half health: keeps it somewhat harder since pokemon could knock you out and you can try and catch fainted pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    That's not what it was, http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...itical_captureAlso, it's still in B2/W2.
    That is untrue. The critical capture chance does not exist in bw2. To prove that i can say that i've captured all common pokemon available in the game. If i'm wrong i'd like to see some proof that'll prove me otherwise.

That is untrue. The critical capture chance does not exist in bw2. To prove that i can say that i've captured all common pokemon available in the game. If i'm wrong i'd like to see some proof that'll prove me otherwise.
    It happened to me in the games so it still exists.

The critical capture is absolutely still found in B/W2. Arguing differently because you haven't lucked into one is like saying "I've not seen a shiny yet - they must not be in this game."

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The critical capture is absolutely still found in B/W2. Arguing differently because you haven't lucked into one is like saying "I've not seen a shiny yet - they must not be in this game."
    Odd, I was thinking the exact same shiny argument before you posted...I just decided against it because it was an extreme example.

Though, if it means anything, I did get a critical capture when soft resetting Kyurem on White 2 the other day.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Critical capture is more common than you think, Unlike shinies. Finishing white 2 and not seeing a single critical chance speaks for itself. I'm just saying...

Critical capture is more common than you think, Unlike shinies. Finishing white 2 and not seeing a single critical chance speaks for itself. I'm just saying...
    All it says is you were unlucky the entire time(Or if anything; which is unlikely, your game is glitched). It's still present in the games.

Critical capture is more common than you think
    But it's still luck-based, making whether one has seen or not a questionable metric by which to evaluate its existence.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

All it says is you were unlucky the entire time(Or if anything; which is unlikely, your game is glitched). It's still present in the games.
    Their game isn't glitched, they either haven't had any (unlikely if they've caught all the common Pokemon - that's about 300 Pokemon available), or they didn't notice (much more likely).

The pokemon world of created by a giant magical llama and 10 year olds can defeat and tame creatures with god-like powers. Your question is invalid.

It would be so funny to see a practically dead Pokemon just lying on the ground on your screen as you throw things at it.

But no, it would be way too easy to catch things, and what would happen if you didn't want to catch it?
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

hmm... when I restarted my diamond game again and try to capture the legendaries I really couldn't capture them -.-
    on my black 2 I captured zekrom with a single quick ball. why is this? are there better odd's in the newer games to catch pokemon?
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

Quote Originally Posted by !jirachi! View Post
    on my black 2 I captured zekrom with a single quick ball. why is this? are there better odd's in the newer games to catch pokemon?
    Zekrom has a catch rate of 45. Dialga and Palkia have catch rates of 30, and most other legendaries have catch rates of 3.

hmm... when I restarted my diamond game again and try to capture the legendaries I really couldn't capture them -.-
    Plot legendaries have become easy to catch.

Though beating Zekrom to a pulp, then reviving him and battling N with it might intimidate him a little :P

Is sleep condition is better than the others for catching pokemon? Or just the same.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    Is sleep condition is better than the others for catching pokemon? Or just the same.
    It's better than Paralysis, Poison, and Burn, same effectiveness as Freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Zekrom has a catch rate of 45. Dialga and Palkia have catch rates of 30, and most other legendaries have catch rates of 3.
    ok thank you
    the lower the catch rate the harder the pokemon is to catch, right?
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

ok thank you
    the lower the catch rate the harder the pokemon is to catch, right?
    Essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    This. It removes the challenge from the game. KOing a Pokemon is easy, but leaving a Pokemon at low health requires restraint, so it adds challenge to the game.
    That's why you can't catch them, it'd be too easy as all you would have to do is knock it out and throw balls at it, it wont be able to fight back.

It's not an issue or anything.
    This. If there was no challenge, than completing the regional pokedex would be REALLY easy. That, and shiny Pokemon wouldn't be as valuable. Oh, and the Master Ball would slightly lose it's purpose, due to a Pokemon that cannot quarrel, will most likely stay inside the Poke Ball and get 'caught'.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast