View Poll Results: Will you participate in this new tournament?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD)

29 65.91%
  • Maybe.

8 18.18%
  • No.

7 15.91%
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    Yeah, like Zachmac said, this will be a Legendary predominant tournament. All these players are excited to use these Pokemon that they havent even touched before; no way they'll pass up this opportunity to legally use them. I'm pretty against Legendaries myself, but I'v got a 5/6 Legendary team because, honestly, where else will I use them?

Just a heads up. I noticed youre intent on doing better, and I felt it best to let you know that at least 95% of the players will be using full or predominantly Legendary teams. Just look at our SPPF Registrations. So unless you add more Legendaries to your team, youre going to be hardpressed keeping up. But gooduck! I admire hour valor. I was tempted to do the same, but the above-mentioned reasons changed my mind. xD
    You're probably right, but even if I wanted to, I've already put my team in the Digital Player ID, so I can't change it. XD I know there will be Legends in abundance this tourney, but for the most part I'm too lazy (and lack the necessary time) to raise up Pokemon that I'll barely even use (plus I'm still trying to raise up all my non-Legends for transfer to X/Y's inevitable third version). Good luck to you, too, though! Hopefully, the anti-Legendary counter-measures I've prepared in my team will be sufficient.
    Last edited by Morpher01; 12th February 2013 at 2:35 AM.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

Updated most of the registrations. Lorenzo's and one other person (3rd page I believe) isn't up because I don't have access to the preschooler sprite AT THE MOMENT. I'll have it up in a few hours, ideally.

Everyone else who was skipped over was because of the lack of a team. I want to make sure everyone has a team set before I go ahead and post up the registrations, as I noticed last time that what happened was they simply just didn't tell me what their team was later. Also, if you voted in the poll and didn't fill up a form, I didn't get your information. If you want to have spot on the registration pages, please VM.

Thanks guys! Sorry this took so long.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

OT: Skillz
    Trainer Sprite: Ranger
    Age Division: Masters Division
    Friend Code: gotta check
    Team: Jirachi, Arceus, Dragonite, Palkia, Shaymin, Heatran
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

Hey jstinftw, sorry to be a pain but I've changed my team due to time constraints and realising I don't actually have the event Victini I wanted.

Team is now Reshiram, Genesect, Wobbuffet, Heatran, Azelf, Mewtwo.

Not expecting much just want the berry, plus still annoyed about being disqualified from the last tournament because of RQers

Just throwing this out there to the above, shadow tag does not stop rotating.

Anyways Finally have my team all finalized, albeit I am still debating items. Dunno why I'm posting details incase I run into people :P

Ditto @ salac (imposter of course, for epic lolz)
    palkia @ LO (expecting to see a lot of dragons, and kyogre. overall good coverage)
    lugia @ lefties (yay bulky tailwind user. Ice beam for the dragons, and aeroblast. only 150 base power, but save haetram nothing really resists it, plus that extra chance for crit hax)
    mewtwo @ expert belt (fast, powerful, type coverage, that thing)
    arceus @ liechi (normal extreme killer. Most go ghost, but yeah, ignores the ghost attacks. It's rotations, prediction skills activate)
    aggron @ sitrus (even a +2 stabbed ES from arceus can't break a sub, plus mind games since people will probably be thinking the metal burst > custap'd endaevour set)

edit: in hindsight should I keep palkia? or go with my initial thought of offensive giratina?

The issue with items is I wanted to have that edge in power, at the same time choice items are very risky in rotations since you don't get the chance to really switch out (pick 4, 3 are already on the field, you can not rotate AND switch, so it's risky business, same for draco meteor spam) Salac on ditto may be weird, but as I said, scarf could be risky. Could still try it.

And shamelessly throwing this on there as well since I got the shiny new FE 3ds. Gimme FC's > 4527 7711 4773
    my mii is lonely, plus it'd be interesting seeing when who is actually aprticipating.
    Last edited by Arande; 13th February 2013 at 6:12 AM.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

Poor chatot, one of the pokémon I was really excited for when Diamond and Pearl was new.

Kinda nervous about the new battle format and the ability to use legendaries (no problem with it, but afraid trainers will have overpowered teams or something). How do rotation battle work again? You bring in four of the six pokémon of your team?

EDIT: Also, I'm trying to register for the tourney, but I can't log in. I was logged in earlier today, so not sure what's going on. o.O
    Last edited by Trainer Frankie; 14th February 2013 at 12:38 AM.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

In short, bring up to 6, choose 4, 3 are sent out at once (only 1 to switch, which is why it's risky to use things like choice and draco meteor) ONLY the FIRST poke will have their ability activate for ones taht work when sent out (IE, weather, intimidate) if you send out the 2nd or 3rd poke with such an ability, it will NOT activate, even if rotated to.

Each player can rotate to a different poke and choose an attack, effectively giving you 12 attacks to choose from, but whatever poke uses that will rotate to be active.

inactive pokes are still on the field, but turn effects (IE, taunt duration, poison damage) will only apply per turn to the active poke. This also means you can say, rotate to a poke, use a stat boost move or sub, rotate to a different one. Said boost or sub will still be in effect if you rotate to that poke again. (yes, sub is powerful in rotations)

Also support moves are a lot stronger too since you dont have to spend a turn switching, like screens, tailwind, and WISH.

Yeah, rotation battles are all about prediction pretty much. A lot more than singles witht he rotating AND attacking the same turn.
    Last edited by Arande; 14th February 2013 at 2:29 AM.

Thanks. I knew the very basics, but there's some info there that was news to me (such as the info on weather bringers and intimidate and such). Still fairly new to the new battle modes.

Well, providing I can log into PGL, I think I know what team I'm going to use.
    Last edited by Trainer Frankie; 14th February 2013 at 3:02 AM.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

OT: Greg
    Trainer Sprite: Breeder
    Age Division: Masters
    Friend Code: 1679-2226-4735
    Team: Kyurem, Rashiram, Dialga, Zekrom, Arceus, Palkia

I'm playing to win it all.
    Last edited by Ristor; 15th February 2013 at 2:48 AM.
    Pokemon 3DS FC: 0044-3542-1738
    Ground Safari: Phanphy, Gastrodon, and Marowak

Well, got my battles started. My first one was against someone named Kevin, who apparently didn't get the memo about how everything not named Chatot was allowed in this tourney. Despite that, he wiped the floor with me due to his Mismagius knowing Heal Bell and throwing my paralysis strategy right out the window.

My next one was a win in my favor, with a battle video here: 27-32199-42985. I had Gengar use Destiny Bond at the end due to not wanting to risk Darmanitan being nailed by some suped-up Techno Blast or something along those lines. Slightly jerkish move, I know, but...yeah.

EDIT: 4 losses and one win thus far...and the main reason I lost the last one was because a shiny Kyogre killed my Kyurem-B straight away with Sheer Cold.
    Last edited by Morpher01; 15th February 2013 at 3:22 AM.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

how come my team isnt showing on the profile
    [CENTER]My Autumn Friendly 2012 and Winter Battle 2012 Team

My International Challenge (January 2013) Team

My Winter Friendly (2013) Team

Well, got my battles started. My first one was against someone named Kevin, who apparently didn't get the memo about how everything not named Chatot was allowed in this tourney. Despite that, he wiped the floor with me due to his Mismagius knowing Heal Bell and throwing my paralysis strategy right out the window.
    Wait, it starts today? Gah, I had my schedule set up so that I'd finish my team tomorrow.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

nm, found it. usually it's mroe obvious and just wanted to double check something.
    Last edited by Arande; 15th February 2013 at 4:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arande View Post
    About to start, but I want to double check something, it is still lv 50 flat right? dont want to sign up with my 55 poke to find out it's not XD
    Yep, everything still drops to 50 if you're above that level. It's a different story if you're under 50, though...

Starting to get my momentum going, and I'm winning more matches now, although I think I've had my fill for tonight. I'm finding a surprising amount of people with non-Legendary teams, ran into 4-5 so far.
    Last edited by Morpher01; 15th February 2013 at 4:45 AM.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

OT: Oji
    Trainer Sprite: Preschooler
    Age Division: Senior
    Friend Code: 2495-1942-8916
    Team: Kyogre, Jirachi, Arceus-Fighting, Zekrom, Giratina, Tornadus-Incarnate Forme

Looks like this guy is gonna once again forget my team...
    [CENTER]My Autumn Friendly 2012 and Winter Battle 2012 Team

My International Challenge (January 2013) Team

My Winter Friendly (2013) Team

Eh...I guess I'll just spend tonight EV training. Giratina didn't pick up that many bad ones anyway...I just had it level up three times.
    Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    PKMN Breeder Justin (jstinftw!)
    Masters Division
    0175 9162 4631
    From the Philippines.
    "May GARBODOR safely land on YOU."
    You know, Justin, I get the slight feeling these Garbodor comments are because I said it bothered me...

It is, isn't it?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

6-0 so far. Albeit one team was underleveled ingame, and the ohter only brought a kaldeo. Also had a match against a hail team, but me having legendaries didn't matter. Pretty much went aggron used sub (blizz only hit for 25%) autonomotize, then headsmash everything!

Tailwind on lugia, in a rotations match, it's a beautiful thing. In hindsight I probably should have gone modest instead of timid on palkia and mewtwo. Yes scarfed kyogres don't scare me at all.

Great!! not the way I wanted to start 1st match against Lea (from Germany) and she disconnects after I KO her 1st pokemon.
    After getting booted from the rankings last time cos of idiots RQing I'm really gonna be gutted if it happens again this time

Well wasn't expecting much 0-2 now, just gotta get enough games to get the berry and qualify for rankings.
    Last edited by MSK; 15th February 2013 at 6:20 AM.

oh god... this already started? D=
    I'll begin later tomorrow. Hope this goes well for me :3

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Eh...I guess I'll just spend tonight EV training. Giratina didn't pick up that many bad ones anyway...I just had it level up three times.You know, Justin, I get the slight feeling these Garbodor comments are because I said it bothered me...

It is, isn't it?
    Hahaha!!!

I noticed that too! XD

But no, I genuinely like Garbodor! It's really weird, but I like him as a Pokemon. But for all intents and purposes, let's go with what you said. xD

Anyways, time to battle!!! But not really. I'm going to finish updating the front page first with everyone's registrations.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

God, this is literally the wprst tourney, all Im seeing is arceus and even some fear arons.

Please kill me now
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

This is a battle I had during the tournament and it was a close one.
    You can watch it through the global terminal 83-06527-15913
    Pokemon 3DS FC: 0044-3542-1738
    Ground Safari: Phanphy, Gastrodon, and Marowak

Just finished my first battle, was a team of Dragonite, Charizard, Magnazone and Electivire. My team was a Rotom-w, Mewtwo, Latias and Scizor. Lost my Latias due to missing draco meteor on his Dragonite and taking an outrage to the face, but luckily, mewtwo out sped him by far and revenge killed him with icebeam, and the rest was easy, took out Magnazone via superpower on Scizor, Charizard via Rotom-w's hydro pump, Scizor died to his Electivire, and Mewtwo finished up the battle.

Was over fairly fast, forgive me if my summery of the battle sucked, never done one before.

EDIT: My battle video number for that battle if anyone cares is:72-38989-78888

EDIT2: Worst tourny ever, went against the most cheep Uber team ever. But for some reason, i enjoyed it still, took down the majority of his team.
    Last edited by floodz66; 15th February 2013 at 11:14 AM.
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

I am honestly shocked at how few ubers I'm seeing. I thought every time would be crammed full of them, I'm seeing a lot of Swamperts for some weird reason.

EDIT: HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT.
    Last edited by Devlinvl; 15th February 2013 at 11:44 AM.

I am having some strange opponents, three games in, first i win do to one Uber in my team Vs his zero, second game lose to a full uber team, third, was a slow game full of stall, and my Rotom-W really shined. I am seeing a lot of pokemon i never really see, so its nice in that regard, and my team seems balanced enough to let me go head to head Vs Uber teams.
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast