View Poll Results: Will you participate in this new tournament?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD)

29 65.91%
  • Maybe.

8 18.18%
  • No.

7 15.91%
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread

1840 after 60 something battles.

Sableye / Mewtwo / Garchomp / Arceus-Steel / Lugia / Palkia.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    1840 after 60 something battles.

Sableye / Mewtwo / Garchomp / Arceus-Steel / Lugia / Palkia.
    I think I battled you...your arceus had will o wisp?
    Last edited by Dew Watatsumi; 16th February 2013 at 8:47 AM.
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

I'll add the new registrations in a bit. I want to actually get some battles in myself, so it might be a while. Sorry! I will make sure to have them up by the end of my day though.

Also, I'd like to note, I wish you guys would stop talking about hacked Pokemon. TPCi has been cracking down harder than ever on things like hacks, ragequitters, etc. Just cos something bad happened, or the fact that this is Legendary tournament, doesn't really warrant the "This tournament sucks, all the hacks." Unless you see a Lugia use Judgement on you, or a Charizard uses Hydro Pump, or something else of the sort happens, or you do a damage calc on your own, it's probably not a hack.

Keep good sportsmanship guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Kinda sucks how they don't allow you to leave without canceling your participation.
    What do you mean?
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 16th February 2013 at 9:08 AM.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    I think I battled you...your arceus had will o wisp?
    Yes .

I think i'm done, i'll just be waiting for my berry.
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    If I don't start losing soon, I'm going to look like Rage Quitter....

How do they judge if you're a RQer or not, anyway?
    It's done on DC's so if you haven't DC'd at all and no one has DC'd on you then you're fine. I believe there is a 30% limit.

Just been destroyed by a Shiny Kyogre, one shotted my entire team!!! Person was called APPLE and had rating around 1780!!!

This is still probably my favorite match of the tourney so far.

http://www.pokecheck.org/?bid=304423392877

Another RQ'er

Now at 11 wins, 5 Losses, 3 RQ's, 1 DC

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Speaking of Prankster, Sableye is basically complete deadweight, no where near as useful as I thought it would be. So basically, I'm using a team of five mons. :/
    What exactly does your Sableye have in moves? Mine is doing exceedingly well. =O
    And what's with all the Normal Type Arceus?
    Last edited by Halkel; 16th February 2013 at 11:44 AM.
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:
    Diamond FC: 0259-7843-6718
    Platinum FC: 4985-1701-9701
    Heart Gold FC: 4598-1825-7435
    Black FC: 3825-7716-5520
    Black 2 FC: 3053-5471-8420
    3DS FC: 3179-6050-1707

Secret Base:

B2W2 HAf: 220/220 (222/222 if you count both formes of Basculin and Shellos)
    XY HAf: 265/265 (270/272 if you count both formes of Basculin, Shellos, Pumpkaboo, and 2 of the other Floette)
    XY HAm/HAg: 14/14

Spreadsheet for Hidden Abilities (Gen 5 now added)

Hunting HH/Friend Safari Pokemon (Not asking for):

Seeking Hidden Abilities (X&Y): None right now

Nationals Ratings:
    UK Nationals 2013: Rank 77

Quote Originally Posted by Halkel View Post
    What exactly does your Sableye have in moves? Mine is doing exceedingly well. =O
    yeah saybleye are pretty deadly.
    i like using the moves:
    will-o-wisp, recover, fake out, confuse ray
    the damage quickly heads up and up from confusion and burn, and physical attackers can't do much when they are burn, and you just keep restoring health.
    but since this is a rotation tourney i dont see the point of fake out... in doubles that is a great set. you could run sucker punch over fake out probably.

I just got Ragequited by someone who's getting screwed by a tide-turner, he was using a Shiny Rayquaza, Shiny Palkia and a Ghost Arceus. All because I stunned his two shinies.

-Did I see this right? Did this guy really think throwing in Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza (with Rayquaza out first) will give him an advantage? It literally killed the protential of Kyogre and Groudon. Groudon's Fire Punch didn't even kill Ferrothorn and it defeated it, Kyogre and Keldeo on its own (surviving Secret Sword thanks to Subtitute).
    Last edited by Halkel; 16th February 2013 at 2:26 PM. Reason: Newly added Lawlfest Battle
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:

Secret Base:

XY HAf: 265/265 (270/272 if you count both formes of Basculin, Shellos, Pumpkaboo, and 2 of the other Floette)

Nationals Ratings:

Hey, TC, I ended up using Origin Giratina instead, would it be possible to have that displayed?
    Last edited by ReshiramBlue; 16th February 2013 at 3:25 PM.
    [CENTER]My Autumn Friendly 2012 and Winter Battle 2012 Team

My International Challenge (January 2013) Team

My Winter Friendly (2013) Team

I got Remoraid late in the game, so I have to raise it to level 50 soon, but my team will be *already registered, haven't played a match yet*:

OT: Brianna
    Trainer Sprite: Scientist
    Age Division: Masters
    Friend Code: 1378 6045 6007
    Team: Serperior (nickname won't show up of course), Octillery, Skarmory, Dunsparce, Arcanine, Marowak
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Day 3 is starting off well for me. I've been winning most of my matches, and my most recent ones were against a guy from Spain named Sergio.

(WARNING: Sorta-blow-by-blow summary follows)

He used Kyogre, shiny Ho-Oh, shiny Mew, and Groudon against my Darmanitan, Cradily, Zoroark, and Kyurem-B. Darmanitan and Cradily dominated that match: his Kyogre used Water Spout against Cradily (which only benefitted me due to Storm Drain), and once Darmanitan took out Ho-Oh with a Rock Slide, Cradily was able to kill Groudon with a single Giga Drain. Then his Mew used Transform to become Darmanitan...and still died in one hit from Darmanitan's Flare Blitz. XD Then it was just a couple of Giga Drains on Kyogre to finish the match.

And then I battled Sergio again. He started off with Groudon this time, and although Ho-Oh managed to take down Darmanitan with Sky Attack, that was after a Sun-boosted Flare Blitz put Ho-Oh in the red. Zoroark came in to finish it off with Night Daze, then Mew Transformed into my Cradily. That...actually didn't help it very much, since my Cradily hit it with Confuse Ray and Toxic, then Zoroark slammed it with Focus Blast. After a pitiful Thunder by Kyogre onto my Cradily, Kygore was finished off by a critical Giga Drain and Night Daze. Groudon fired off an Eruption on Zoroark (which did not kill it due to Groudon being near half health), and it went into a stand-off between two Cradily...and then he disconnected. Sigh...

Well, the battles were still fun. Anyone have any humorous highlights to share (such as Mew becoming Darmanitan only to be one-shotted by Flare Blitz)?
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

I'm in the 1600's. surprised that I haven't run into alot of weather teams. Taking breaks myself. These guys hit very hard but most of them (ubers) are special based and Arceus (spec wall calm nature with ghost plate) handles that like a champ. I just have to remember NOT to make stupid rotations and when that happens I'll take a break.
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

Quote Originally Posted by Morpher01 View Post
    Day 3 is starting off well for me. I've been winning most of my matches, and my most recent ones were against a guy from Spain named Sergio.

(WARNING: Sorta-blow-by-blow summary follows)

He used Kyogre, shiny Ho-Oh, shiny Mew, and Groudon against my Darmanitan, Cradily, Zoroark, and Kyurem-B. Darmanitan and Cradily dominated that match: his Kyogre used Water Spout against Cradily (which only benefitted me due to Storm Drain), and once Darmanitan took out Ho-Oh with a Rock Slide, Cradily was able to kill Groudon with a single Giga Drain. Then his Mew used Transform to become Darmanitan...and still died in one hit from Darmanitan's Flare Blitz. XD Then it was just a couple of Giga Drains on Kyogre to finish the match.

And then I battled Sergio again. He started off with Groudon this time, and although Ho-Oh managed to take down Darmanitan with Sky Attack, that was after a Sun-boosted Flare Blitz put Ho-Oh in the red. Zoroark came in to finish it off with Night Daze, then Mew Transformed into my Cradily. That...actually didn't help it very much, since my Cradily hit it with Confuse Ray and Toxic, then Zoroark slammed it with Focus Blast. After a pitiful Thunder by Kyogre onto my Cradily, Kygore was finished off by a critical Giga Drain and Night Daze. Groudon fired off an Eruption on Zoroark (which did not kill it due to Groudon being near half health), and it went into a stand-off between two Cradily...and then he disconnected. Sigh...

Well, the battles were still fun. Anyone have any humorous highlights to share (such as Mew becoming Darmanitan only to be one-shotted by Flare Blitz)?
    I had someone using the 3 Hoenn Titular Legendaries and Keldeo, the first 3 sent out were Rayquaza in front, and the Weather duo in the back. Thanks to the lack of weather, Ferrothorn defeated a Burned Groudon, Paralyzed Kyogre and a Burned Keldeo thanks to Substitute. Saved the video as well, it was fun and hilarious how Fire Punch didn't KO Ferrothorn.
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:

Secret Base:

Nationals Ratings:

It's pretty much day 2 for me (since Thursday barely counts). But time to get crack'in. I'm finding it funny how many trio's I saw the other day, like they mean something when all together?

EDIT: Do people train their legendaries? My Haxorus outspeed Tornadus-T without DD and my Mewtwo survived with like 30 HP an Ice Gem boosted Ice Beam from Kyurem-W. And my Breloom survived a Flash Canon from Dialga. I'll post the video number later
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 16th February 2013 at 5:42 PM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Starting to do better, my shuckle has taken down legendary teams thanks to power split+ acupressure +rest+rollout
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

someone actually used scarf Kyogre against me... and I lost because they used strictly speedy Pokemon (damn Ludicolo)

I just won an amazing battle that came down to scarf Heracross who used CC twice and my Breloom
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 16th February 2013 at 6:06 PM.
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Normal Type Arceus is actually very popular in single battle Ubers as well. It's got the huge advantage of STAB extreme speed, something very few pokemon can say they have themselves.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

just got 1-0d by this Brazilian with b-kyurem, im surprised my team did that well because he had kyogre, mewtwo, and gravity dusknoir(idk why)
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    just got 1-0d by this Brazilian with b-kyurem, im surprised my team did that well because he had kyogre, mewtwo, and gravity dusknoir(idk why)
    Gravity raises the accuracy of moves, so I'll bet his Kyogre and Metwo had moves like Focus Blast and Hydro Pump.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Is there a glitch with Arceus's plates? Because I just lost to a Normal Arceus that wasn't effected by Fighting moves :P

EDIT: Break time!!! 9 wins 3 loses today putting me at 40 battles... don't know my score just yet
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 16th February 2013 at 7:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Is there a glitch with Arceus's plates? Because I just lost to a Normal Arceus that wasn't effected by Fighting moves :P
    Are you sure you mistakened Arceus' colors? If not, then that's really weird.
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:

Secret Base:

Nationals Ratings:

Are you sure you mistakened Arceus' colors? If not, then that's really weird.
    I'm sure, it wasn't Ghost color at all... either they hacked a legit Arceus or the plate is glitchy

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast