View Poll Results: Will you participate in this new tournament?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD)

29 65.91%
  • Maybe.

8 18.18%
  • No.

7 15.91%
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread

I just faced someone in the 1,900s. And that score was well deserved, I say.

Calm Mind Kyogre and Curse Ferrothorn was the most annoying combination I've ever faced. I need a way to break through them...
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post

Calm Mind Kyogre and Curse Ferrothorn was the most annoying combination I've ever faced. I need a way to break through them...
    That sounds like a fellow who ragequit on me yesterday evening after I destroyed Kyogre, and burned Ferrothorn, and slowly whittled it down to red HP.

I fought someone in the 1900s... I lost because I let my Mewtwo get paralyzed :P Came down to his Electric Arceus verse my badly damaged Genesect and paralyzed Mewtwo. And I lost :P (their team was Kyurem-W, Kyogre, Mewtwo, and Arceus-E)

Funny thing is I did better against them then I did someone in the 1800s. I got 4-0ed in that one because I idiotically used Psystrike +1 against Groudon instead of Ice Beam +1 (all I remember is Mewtwo)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    That sounds like a fellow who ragequit on me yesterday evening after I destroyed Kyogre, and burned Ferrothorn, and slowly whittled it down to red HP.
    Meh...I figured a score like that wouldn't be that difficult to earn in this tourny, but if that happened...

Did they have a Kingdra?

I had a really bad morning, lost every game apart from the one where someone RQ'd.
    So now I'm at 11 Wins, 8 Losses, 3 RQ's, 1DC

Must do better tonight!!

That reminds me, I did get a RQ today... funny thing was I misclicked yet again (damn it Haxorus, why did I put DD next to Outrage :P) he koed me, but then quit knowing I had Genesect and Mewtwo left

Also here's that video (of weak legends): 58-25015-05150
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 16th February 2013 at 7:50 PM.
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

For pete's sake!!! just waited ages to find an opponent and as soon as I do I got connection lost with the other person

And again!!! Jorge from Mexico, this is so not fair as I can see I'm going to get banned from the rankings again because of idiots
    Last edited by MSK; 16th February 2013 at 8:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    For pete's sake!!! just waited ages to find an opponent and as soon as I do I got connection lost with the other person

And again!!! Jorge from Mexico, this is so not fair as I can see I'm going to get banned from the rankings again because of idiots
    Once I've encountered a glitch were I was disconnected right before each battle. I fixed it by turning off my system's power and turning it back on again.

Once I've encountered a glitch were I was disconnected right before each battle. I fixed it by turning off my system's power and turning it back on again.
    It wasn't a glitch for me when the guy quit at the screen... it worked perfectly after that.

Still pissed about that Normal (it was Normal type on the screen) but Ghost type Arceus... I had that battle won till the blasted screen told me Aura Sphere did not affect it. Genesect would have taken out Celebi and Kyurem after that >.<
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 16th February 2013 at 8:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    It wasn't a glitch for me when the guy quit at the screen... it worked perfectly after that.
    It could be a glitch on their side, or it could be that some people do it.

But if it happens continuously, it might be a glitch.

It could be a glitch on their side, or it could be that some people do it.

But if it happens continuously, it might be a glitch.
    I'll take your side as the benefit of the doubt, because I really don't wanna assume the guy is only taking battles he knows he could win.

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post

Hm, I believe I came across him once. Disconnected after about 30 seconds into battle.

eh, just encountered a shiny Speed Boost Blaziken. Can't stand going up against people who obviously cheat. :I

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    eh, just encountered a shiny Speed Boost Blaziken. Can't stand going up against people who obviously cheat. :I
    In all fairness... at least shininess really doesn't do anything nowadays

And yet another RQ, I've actually had enough now!!
    If I get one more tonight I'm quitting the competition.

And there it is!!! Just beaten Broda from Mexico and RQ on the sending data to server screen, well F*** this I've had enough because I'm just wasting my time.
    What's the point in playing if I don't even get ranked cos people RQ and it counts against me.

Final stats

12 Wins, 8 Losses, 8 RQ's, 1 DC

I hope some of you are having better luck than me, I'm off to email Pokémon Support to complain about all the people who RQ'd on me.
    Last edited by MSK; 16th February 2013 at 9:07 PM.

Okay this sucks. Just finished off my battle with this guy KEILAN from the UK. He had a Shiny Sableye, a Shiny Gastrodon, AND A SHINY SPEED BOOST BLAZIKEN!!!!!!!!!! If this isn't a hack I don't know what is, because I only heard the Hoenn DW starters were a JAPANESE ONLY event. It's name was even in English, which if it were imported, it should probably have had a different name.
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Okay this sucks. Just finished off my battle with this guy KEILAN from the UK. He had a Shiny Sableye, a Shiny Gastrodon, AND A SHINY SPEED BOOST BLAZIKEN!!!!!!!!!! If this isn't a hack I don't know what is, because I only heard the Hoenn DW starters were a JAPANESE ONLY event. It's name was even in English, which if it were imported, it should probably have had a different name.
    If he got it as a Japanese Torchic... it's name changes to English upon evolving. No the bigger hack is it being shiny, as it's a male only release in Japan

If he got it as a Japanese Torchic... it's name changes to English upon evolving. No the bigger hack is it being shiny, as it's a male only release in Japan
    Right, I forgot about that part. Still it's an obvious hack, I don't know why it wasn't caught though. As for the shinyness, it could have also been MM using an English ditto, but still, there shouldn't be many, IF ANY, who have that outside of japan unless they got the Japanese games and guide and know how to read Japanese.

-Edit-
    Current Streak: 2-3
    Rating: Back to 1500

And as far as shininess goes, there is a thing called the RNG...
    Right, I forgot about that part. Still it's an obvious hack, I don't know why it wasn't caught though. As for the shinyness, it could have also been MM using an English ditto, but still, there shouldn't be many, IF ANY, who have that outside of japan unless they got the Japanese games and guide and know how to read Japanese.
    Some people do get the Japanese games just because they're impatient. I know someone who has Japanese White 2, English White 2, and English Black 2, and he bought a 3DS purely for the dream radar.

We can't assume something is hacked...and whether it's hacked or not, it's still fair to fight against. What difference does it's country make?
    Last edited by Zachmac; 16th February 2013 at 9:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Male Pokemon don't transfer their DW ability. I assume it's not caught because shininess isn't really a factor in battles. Plus because Blaziken can have it's DW ability, it's legit enough in the checking system.

And as far as shininess goes, there is a thing called the RNG...
    How though... they were a Male release only and they don't transfer their ability when breeding :P

Just did another battle and I gotta say, my win/loss ratio is just juggling here. I got lucky again and won with my Giratina TW Rest +Sleep Talk strategy. Not only that, but he's really good at cushioning attacks from one of the only four things he's weak to and most common for dragon types, Ice. I'm guessing it's because I put 168 EVs into his Spec.Def and add that with the 120 Base Stat for Altered and add a 23 in IV.

Current: 3-3

How though... they were a Male release only and they don't transfer their ability when breeding :P
    Can't you RNG pokemon at the entra link?

Or are they shiny locked or something?

Can't you RNG pokemon at the entra link?

Or are they shiny locked or something?
    I believe so.

EDIT: Yup, they are shiny locked

Similar to wild Reshiram, Zekrom and Victini in Pokémon Black and White, all Pokémon found in the Dream World cannot be Shiny. A Pokémon found in the Dream World will always have its Hidden Ability, if it has one. Pokémon found in the Dream World have about a 25% chance of being female regardless of gender distribution, unless the Pokémon can be of only one gender. All Pokémon obtained in the Dream World will be at level 10, unless they evolve at a level above 10, in which case they will be at that level; certain legendary Pokémon will also be at levels above 10.
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 16th February 2013 at 9:40 PM.

Wow, I'm just amazed. I just won 4-0 with solely my Mewtwo in the match I just had. Not only that, but my Mewtwo is squishy as well, so I'm surprised this happened. He had an Emboar, Samurott, Cincinno, and Lucario. I first started using Aura Sphere thinking he'd switch to Cincinno or Lucario, but he just stood there with Emboar also getting lucky at the same time by having me flinch Emboar thanks to King's Rock. Then I used Psystrike to end it. He then sent out Samurott, I used Electro Ball and almost OHKOd him he used Hydro Pump and got Mewtwo down a decent amount and I went for the 2HKO using Aura Sphere and I then simply OHKOd both Lucario and Cincinno with Aura Sphere. Really unexpected win right there. Just won another 4-0. It was a slaughtefest, in simplest terms, Mewtwo was my lead and his team was the 3 musketeers (Keldeo taking the place of Virizion) and a Black Kyurem. Let's say this, 2 OHKO and 2 2HKO. Did another battle and I'm surprised, I lost to sheer stubborness. Here's the story. The guy had a Tyranitar, Gengar, LVL 1 ARON, and a Arcanine. TTar managed to kill my Mewtwo and Giratina, that's when he got to the red, then he switched out to Gengar. I managed to OHKO Gengar with Judgement from my Arceus,=, but he used Destiny Bond and managed to take Arceus with him, and from there is was game.

Current: 5-5
    Last edited by Kanethedragon; 16th February 2013 at 10:19 PM.

I had a rough start but I just got got my rythym going. My snorlax just body slammed his way through a team of ubers! Too sick
    This tournament Is too much fun

I just hit 1,700! I didn't rage quit, either.

Now to get to 1,800.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast