View Poll Results: Will you participate in this new tournament?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD)

29 65.91%
  • Maybe.

8 18.18%
  • No.

7 15.91%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: 2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shiftn View Post
    Well Sadly this was my first turny ever. I brought OU's to an Uber game and I DC'd 3 games and got unwillingly Dc'd 2 times out of 40 games
    Well, 5 out of 40 finished would put you at 5/45 or~ 11%, so that'd be why. it's 10% if you have 1600 or over rating. Like i mentioned earlier, it's kinda stupid they stated all that since some people realize tehy can RQ 1 out of 11 matches without penalty.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

To think i was so proud of being 780th place out of almost 7k people, you guys did so much better then me
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Arande View Post
    Well, 5 out of 40 finished would put you at 5/45 or~ 11%, so that'd be why. it's 10% if you have 1600 or over rating. Like i mentioned earlier, it's kinda stupid they stated all that since some people realize tehy can RQ 1 out of 11 matches without penalty.
    Thanks for this information. I took alot of time to plan this turny out. I'll pay a bit more attention to the rules and regs!

210th out of 2005, thats good right?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    210th out of 2005, thats good right?
    I thought it was 6000... either way, yeah

EDIT: 6939 participants to be exact
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Arande View Post
    Um, actually they DQ you if your disconnect rate is 10 or more points higher than the overall average disconnect rate amogst all players. Give that you said your disconnect rate was 18% would suggest the overall average disconnect rate was at least 9%. Recalculating shiftn's disconnect rate myself, I come up with a disconnect rate of ~18%. So either he forgot about an opponent who disconnected on him, or TPCI rounds to the nearest .1%. I know they fault your opponents' disconnects against you, otherwise I would only have one disconnect counted against me because my router crapped out on me when the game was sending the battle results.
    If only my disconnects are faulted against me, then my disconnect rate should be 1/36 = ~3%.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I thought it was 6000... either way, yeah

EDIT: 6939 participants to be exact
    I was in the Jr/Sr one.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Wow rank 472 with 1620 rating using a pretty messed up team without Ubers. I'm satisfied.

Well, I only regret that I forgot to teach ice beam to my Starmie before the registration and because of that I hardly used it at all.

23W 10L

I only fought 33 times and some of those loses were because many of my dual chops missed and without my Garchomp I was completely vulnerable to those Uber dragons.

Waiting for the next tournament. Now where's my berry?
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

WOW I got a rank of 308 in Master class!!!!! Yea that's my best score since these tourneys started!!!!!!
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    I was in the Jr/Sr one.
    Yeah that's pretty good. I got 158 out of the 2005 participants for Jr/Sr. Also note that you might need to specify with these guys since a large amount of players here at Serebii are in the Masters division.
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    WOW I got a rank of 308 in Master class!!!!! Yea that's my best score since these tourneys started!!!!!!
    Just goes to show that singles and in extension, rotations, are easier to comprehend then doubles, given the games are mainly single battle based. Though I'm finding a certain strive in creating double battle teams
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Just goes to show that singles and in extension, rotations, are easier to comprehend then doubles, given the games are mainly single battle based. Though I'm finding a certain strive in creating double battle teams
    Nah, it's just that half the people that entered had no idea what they were doing, so it was easier to beat them.

Most people I fought just threw in completely random teams. In the previous tourny, most people had very competitive ones.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Nah, it's just that half the people that entered had no idea what they were doing, so it was easier to beat them.

Most people I fought just threw in completely random teams. In the previous tourny, most people had very competitive ones.
    You were lucky then... over 50% of my opponents did know what they were doing

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post

I agree in part as I fought a lot of people who never rotated at all which made it easy to rip them apart, but others had really thought about it and knew exactly what they were doing.

I agree. Skynet always tried to get me to play doubles when the League was around and I tried many times to get rotation in but it didn't happen.
    Right now I am trying to work on a new doubles team. Going slow for me since doubles is still very new to me.
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    I agree. Skynet always tried to get me to play doubles when the League was around and I tried many times to get rotation in but it didn't happen.
    Right now I am trying to work on a new doubles team. Going slow for me since doubles is still very new to me.
    I found that lileep is a huge success in doubles on my Sand Room (Sand + Trick Room) team

What i found was a lot of people where using moves only supper effective against the guy in front, so i would rotate in anticipation, and in turn one shot their pokemon with a super effective move. It was as if no one was being smart about the rotations, and many of my opponents were as predictable as can be. It also seemed as if a lot of the all uber teams were not trained at all, and that lead to my Latias surviving a blizzard from a mewtwo, and killing it with a Draco meteor, and that in turn caused me to win.
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

Quote Originally Posted by floodz66 View Post
    What i found was a lot of people where using moves only supper effective against the guy in front, so i would rotate in anticipation, and in turn one shot their pokemon with a super effective move. It was as if no one was being smart about the rotations, and many of my opponents were as predictable as can be. It also seemed as if a lot of the all uber teams were not trained at all, and that lead to my Latias surviving a blizzard from a mewtwo, and killing it with a Draco meteor, and that in turn caused me to win.
    You know your opponent is inexperienced when they put Blizzard on a Mewtwo... :P Sure the extra power seem nice, but Ice Beam will always get the job done and is far more accurate

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920