View Poll Results: Will you participate in this new tournament?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD)

29 65.91%
  • Maybe.

8 18.18%
  • No.

7 15.91%
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread

Ugh, that Skrilex guy is good. This is the second time I lost to him. Oh well. Current streak is running 9-7.
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

I just had a near-fatal encounter with an Emolga.

Stupid flying rat thinking it can out-preform my Murkrow. Pfft.

I got a crit against their T-tar, but Genesect could of taken a hit anyway, so I don't think it mattered. Kyurem could of finished it even if it wasn't a crit.

Edit: Battle video is 41-55344-03737.

Just had a fight against my first trick room team. It didn't have any Ubers, but a Gastrodon's Blizzard froze my Giratina, and that made it a lot harder then it should of.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 16th February 2013 at 11:45 PM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Wow, just had my first RQer after I won this match. He was probably angry at how he played into 95% of my predictions. Since that probably didn't get enough time to count (was at the saving data part) my current streak is 11-8 (but should be 11-8 if it weren't for that RQer).

I just had an extremely annoying loss. My foe's Dialga had used Trick Room, and Palkia started hitting first, so I assumed their whole team was minimum speed. When I reversed the Trick Room with Dialga, I thought it was an opening for my Kyurem to start outraging.

Nope. Neither her Arceus nor her Kyogre were slower then Kyurem. And, judging by their base speeds, Kyogre must of even been running speed EVs to outpace Kyurem. That battle would of been a piece of cake to, if the team had been running full trick room.
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Ok I'm stopping. I have a high 1600 score and now I'm running into low 1400-below. Not gonna mess this one up trying to reach above 1700.
    Does anyone know what type of tourny their running for the next one??

@zach sorry about that loss. That sucks big time. But I have been running into pokes that have to be hacks
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

I encountered one rage-quitter (or just someone who quit) so far. Team had Ghost Arceus, Shiny Origin Giratina, Shiny Spiritomb, and something else.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Just finished an 12 minute battle. I ended up winning after my staller Giratina finally decided to use Outrage from Sleep Talk to get rid of his White Kyurem. Before I had to actually chance it and use Outrage to get rid of his Latias, that move almost cost me one of the best Pokemon I had then, Giratina. Luckily I was able to snap out of confusion and burn when I hit the red by using rest, sleep talk thereafter used Outrage then I switched to my Victini for Fire Gem V-Create STAB against his Genesect to finish the match. Current: 12-10 Rating: 1540

Just lost against a team with Speed Boost Blaziken...one that somehow one-shotted my Darmanitan, Cradily, Zoroark, and Kyurem-B with one Hi Jump Kick each.

It kinda sucked.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

Yo, I'm done battling now. The next battle video is 88-74442-00286. Current Streak is 14-10 I believe and Ranking is somewhere in the 1500s.

I still haven't faced a rage quitter...I get the slight feeling that those who are seeing them periodically are just having poor connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I still haven't faced a rage quitter...I get the slight feeling that those who are seeing them periodically are just having poor connection.
    I only found one Rage Quitter. I was winning and he/she had a team comprised of the Lake Trio and they were their last pokemon, used my Judgement from Arceus on Mesprit and they quit since I still had two more pokemon left other than Arceus and he/she had only Uxie and Azelf.
    Last edited by Kanethedragon; 17th February 2013 at 2:00 AM.

My mentioned rage quitter ran away, not disconnected.

Also... does a higher or lower score meaning you're doing better?
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

I just hit 1,700! I didn't rage quit, either.

Now to get to 1,800.
    I don't know if I'll make it to 1800, just when I think I'll hit my strive, I fight someone with a higher ranking and go back down. My team wasn't built to win this thing, but it's doing far better then I thought it would, specifically Charizard koing a bunch of of threats, even taking out it's nemesis Volcarona
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Anything above your starting score of 1500 is ok. 1600good 1700 great
    Old Man
    Fairy Safari

I was at 1650, then I started getting owned...ALOT
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    Anything above your starting score of 1500 is ok. 1600good 1700 great
    I'm in the low 1700's last I checked after 40 matches... better then I've even done in the past (either it's cause I've learned the art of prediction or because I'm getting lucky)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    I was at 1650, then I started getting owned...ALOT
    I saw that battle you talked about the other day with Caturne and Dragonite. That was a pretty decent match (though Hurricane is a bit risky imo)
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I just had a really close battle. I was against a Dragonite, shiny Charizard, and Lugia. I figured I may as well have Reshiram buy time until tail wind wore off, so I could use it again and safely sweep with Outrage. Well, on the last round of tail wind, Dragonite came on Blue Flame and OHKOed Reshiram with Outrage. Dialga took Reshiram's place, and I had Murkrow sacrifice itself to get Tailwind up. Dragonite became confused, and I had Kyurem use Outrage. Since I was almost certain that they'd rotate in something else, I really should of used Fusion Bolt...but anyway, they sacrificed their Charizard and Dragonite to take outrage, and Kyurem became confused. I had Dialga attack Lugia, and as it turns out, it was an EV trained multiscale Lugia. It had taken damage from Reshiram's Dragon Gem Dragon Pulse earlier, and Diagla's Dragon Pulse landed a critical hit. Then, Tailwind wore off again, so I had Dialga used Trick Room as Lugia used roost. Next, I decided to try and finish it with Kyurem with Fusion Bolt, but it hurt itself in confusion three times in a row as Lugia healed itself and started beating it with Ice Beam. Kyurem fainted, and I rotated Dialga back in. I didn't both with trick room. Instead, I started using Fire Blast in hopes of burning it. The first one missed, the second one left Dialga paralyzed, the second and third Fire Blast didn't burn, but the fourth one did. Meanwhile, pressure had been making Lugia's PP for Ice Beam run dry. I set up trick room, and started to dragon pulse. Between the burn and Dragon Pulse, I was doing about as much damage as Recover and Leftovers were healing, though it was a little less. Lugia decided to then attack with Thunder, and brought Dialga down to almost no health. I tried to dragon pulse and finish it, but Dialga was unable to move, and the final Thunder landed....and Dialga hung on with just a slither of health. So little, I didn't even see it at first. Then I managed to pull of one more dragon pulse.

I haven't had a fight that close in a long time...and I didn't think that there'd be such a large wall of text when I started writing. Heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Master View Post
    My mentioned rage quitter ran away, not disconnected.

Also... does a higher or lower score meaning you're doing better?
    The higher, the better.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 17th February 2013 at 2:25 AM.

I just hit 1600, and the prize for best lawlfest goes to Drizzle Perish Song Politoed, it KO'd it at the end, being that trainer's last pokemon. Mewtwo isn't so scary one you slow it down. I defeated more Mewtwo since I got Ferrothorn and Prankster Sableye. Either Thunder Wave or throw an Iron Ball at it, stealing its Life Orb. I'm actually doing well now.
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:
    Diamond FC: 0259-7843-6718
    Platinum FC: 4985-1701-9701
    Heart Gold FC: 4598-1825-7435
    Black FC: 3825-7716-5520
    Black 2 FC: 3053-5471-8420
    3DS FC: 3179-6050-1707

B2W2 HAf: 220/220 (222/222 if you count both formes of Basculin and Shellos)
    XY HAf: 264/264 (266/269 if you count both formes of Basculin, Shellos and Pumpkaboo, Unsure if Blue or Yellow Symbiosis Floette exist as I've been hearing)
    XY HAm/HAg: 14/14

Spreadsheet for Hidden Abilities (Gen 5 now added)

Hunting HH/Friend Safari Pokemon (Not asking for):

Seeking Hidden Abilities (X&Y): None right now

Nationals Ratings:
    UK Nationals 2013: Rank 77

Thank goodness for Bullet Seed on my Breloom... not sure why someone had lvl 1 Aron though if they didn't have Tyranitar or Hippowdon

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Thank goodness for Bullet Seed on my Breloom... not sure why someone had lvl 1 Aron though if they didn't have Tyranitar or Hippowdon
    In rotations, it can just let a team mate finish it.

In rotations, it can just let a team mate finish it.
    Guess so... just lost to a Kyurem-W who used Fusion Flare in Rain... I misplayed that battle so badly though

GG Zachmac especially for someone that doesn't use RNG'd pokemon: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&v...47-14904-94090

Pikachu just OHKO'ed Metagross with Thunderbolt (it was a crit) and then the person forfeited

I'd like to know how these people are getting DW starters DX
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 17th February 2013 at 3:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Expert Evan View Post
    GG Zachmac especially for someone that doesn't use RNG'd pokemon: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&v...47-14904-94090
    Oh, I didn't realize I was fighting someone from Serebii...

That was a really close one. I would of had Giratina use Shadow Ball and KO Lugia, but after the Shadow Force against Reshiram, I assumed you thought you didn't need it, and I didn't want to risk using Shadow Ball against Arceus.

But yeah, gg.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 17th February 2013 at 3:38 AM.

I realized I stopped playing cause the team I had I threw together and I'm very excited that they reached way above 1600. I wish I had more time to team build between tourneys. This one was fun and different. I love rotation battles
    Old Man
    Fairy Safari

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast