View Poll Results: Will you participate in this new tournament?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD)

29 65.91%
  • Maybe.

8 18.18%
  • No.

7 15.91%
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread

Just beat a Rain team... Breloom was the true star Sporing Kindra and taking a Garchomp Outrage to the face (post the video later)

EDIT: I'm gonna need to get serious for the next tournament... I keep losing now (3-5 tonight)
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 17th February 2013 at 3:55 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    I realized I stopped playing cause the team I had I threw together and I'm very excited that they reached way above 1600. I wish I had more time to team build between tourneys. This one was fun and different. I love rotation battles
    I agree with this. It is nice to have a change from Doubles all the time. :B
    Starting 15th battle now, rank at 1670.

I'm back! After getting exceedingly frustrated last night by the number of RQ'ers, I sent off an email to Pokémon Support complaining and named and shamed all those that had turned off against me after I beat them. The thing that frustrates me most is that if I get booted from the rankings again because of cheaters I also miss out on the berry again

So anyway I thought I'd get some battle in this morning in the hope of getting by DC rate down and I've had a pretty good morning. Only had 2 DC's this morning from someone with an 1800+ ranking and the other from a French person in the 1300's who annoyingly RQ'd just as it was finishing saving

I've now played 48 registered battles am at 1616 Rating, haven't kept track but think I'm probably at 15-20 losses, 28-32 wins.

I obviously speak too soon, 2 RQ's in a row now just had ANNIE RQ on me after I beat her
    Last edited by MSK; 17th February 2013 at 12:57 PM.

Hahaha I'm doing pretty bad now. Granted, I've been paired up with like trainers in the 1900s lately. I've won 2 out of the 7 games I've played today. I'm breaking even at least though, I'm at 12-9. :P

I'm actually pretty over this tournament. I'll play some more, and it's still fun, but I really want to get back to VGC battles and stuff. It's still a fun tournament though, and I don't have work tomorrow, so I'll probably play some more battles. (:

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Well, I just had a pretty damn good battle! By the way, for anyone who might be facing me in the matches to come, my team is not accurately portrayed on the first page- my Liepard is not Shiny, and the Breloom was eventually switched for an Aerodactyl. But anyway, yes, the battle. All I can say is, Darmanitan ROCKS! Video number is 37-40961-59923.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    I'm back! After getting exceedingly frustrated last night by the number of RQ'ers, I sent off an email to Pokémon Support complaining and named and shamed all those that had turned off against me after I beat them. The thing that frustrates me most is that if I get booted from the rankings again because of cheaters I also miss out on the berry again

So anyway I thought I'd get some battle in this morning in the hope of getting by DC rate down and I've had a pretty good morning. Only had 2 DC's this morning from someone with an 1800+ ranking and the other from a French person in the 1300's who annoyingly RQ'd just as it was finishing saving

I've now played 48 registered battles am at 1616 Rating, haven't kept track but think I'm probably at 15-20 losses, 28-32 wins.

I obviously speak too soon, 2 RQ's in a row now just had ANNIE RQ on me after I beat her
    How are you sure that your 3DS isn't just having poor connection? Because I managed to get 32 wins and not a single rage quit.
    All I can say is, Darmanitan ROCKS!
    What? Darmanitan hates rocks! They take away 25% of it's health whenever it swaps into battle, and Flare Blitz has enough recoil as it is...
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I believe I'm back in the high 1600s after last nights horrendous performance :/ (Gonna try a bit later to get back up in the 1700s)
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    How are you sure that your 3DS isn't just having poor connection? Because I managed to get 32 wins and not a single rage quit.What? Darmanitan hates rocks! They take away 25% of it's health whenever it swaps into battle, and Flare Blitz has enough recoil as it is...
    Definitely not my connection because it only happens when I win, every loss goes through fine!! (and I'm using a DS lite which has never had any connection problems before)
    I must just be unlucky with who I've been facing.

Definitely not my connection because it only happens when I win, every loss goes through fine!! (and I'm using a DS lite which has never had any connection problems before)
    Or your DS just doesn't like to record wins :P

Nah, your probably right. Some people are just too immature to take loses with dignity

Oops, I meant to say system, not 3DS, but still...

Maybe there is something about your team people don't like losing to?

I have alot going on right now so I didn't get to many battles in :/ However! I did beat someone with an ALL Legendary Team and a 1700+ rating! Unfortunatly they RQ'd before I could save a battle video (surprise surprise) and despite what Zachmac said about NON-Legendary Teams being a tiny minority almost every team I faced so far... HAD NO LEGENDARIES!!! Anyway here's my team Justin if your still interested in Registering them:
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    I have alot going on right now so I didn't get to many battles in :/ However! I did beat someone with an ALL Legendary Team and a 1700+ rating! Unfortunatly they RQ'd before I could save a battle video (surprise surprise) and despite what Zachmac said about NON-Legendary Teams being a tiny minority almost every team I faced so far... HAD NO LEGENDARIES!!! Anyway here's my team Justin if your still interested in Registering them:
    And after seeing how serious the last competition was, I'm actually shocked by the lack of major legendaries.

I guess people didn't read the rules, or the more serious players weren't interested by this.

And after seeing how serious the last competition was, I'm actually shocked by the lack of major legendaries.

I guess people didn't read the rules, or the more serious players weren't interested by this.
    Just about everyone over 1700 has at least 4 "ubers". The main problem is that there a ton of people with low ratings who have crap teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Just about everyone over 1700 has at least 4 "ubers". The main problem is that there a ton of people with low ratings who have crap teams.
    I know, but in the last tournament, a lot more people were taking the battles seriously.

I now hate Confuse Ray Sableye, by the way. Stupid thing almost made me lose a match...it wasn't even a uber team.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    For a while, I was in the 1700s with only two (though Genesect isn't the biggest Uber threat on it's own) now I'm back in the high 1600s
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 17th February 2013 at 10:35 PM.

Oops, I meant to say system, not 3DS, but still...

Maybe there is something about your team people don't like losing to?
    Must be because I've just had another 2 RQ's in a row. Have a look I'm ASH (2nd person on 1st page Masters I think)
    . Both times they didn't even finish the match Some guy from West Virginia quit after I'd one shotted his first 2 pokes, then DAVID RQ'd after I one shotted his first.
    Problem is for every match I win or lose I get another RQ which puts my DC rate up.

I had my rating up to 1638 at one point but it's back down to 1617 at the moment as I've been taking some losses and they never RQ lol
    Last edited by MSK; 17th February 2013 at 10:18 PM.

Man, I really wish that rotations were more popular. I've already got ideas to make my team better, but even if I do, I'll never really use this team again...

Man, I really wish that rotations were more popular. I've already got ideas to make my team better, but even if I do, I'll never really use this team again...
    I agree, even though I've had issues I've really enjoyed rotation battles as a format. I'm tempted to put a team together (obviously no ubers) and see if I can get myself up the season rankings.

Well, I've come across my first rage quitter. I really wanted to save that match, to.

My Giratina was down, my Murkrow had barley any health left and was burned, and only my Giratina and Genesect were battle ready, while I was facing a Lugia, a Rayquaza with almost no health and a Blaziken that was at +2 and has multiple speed boost, but had only hung on with it's focus sash. On the first round, my Genesect finished Rayquaza with Ice Beam, and my team's reflect wore off. I could of used Murkrow to whip up a tailwind, but that Blaziken would easily finish me from there. I decided to have Genesect used Reflect to test to see if they were going to sweep with Blaziken. Instead, they rotated in Lugia and used Aero Blast, almost OHKOing my Genesect. Hoping they'd expect me to try and light screen, or that I'd rotate out, I rotated in Murkrow for a thunder wave, and they rotated in Blaziken. It was paralyzed, but the burn KOed Murkrow, so all I had left was Kyurem-B and Genesect. I finished Lugia off with Fusion Bolt, and unaware of how many boost Blaziken had racked up, and new that while paralyzed, Genesect would always outrun a Blaziken, so I had it finish it. Just as the attack landed, "connection with the other player was lost".

It's really disappointing not getting those points after pulling myself out of such a tight spot, but oh well...

Maybe if we get lucky enough... but yeah, I already thought of a far superior team then the one I have right now

I suddenely found myself in the low 1500s after they kept putting me against people who had endeavor Aaron, talk about unlucky,
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

89-51512-44181
    Pretty good battle I had against someone not using Ubers. I was a bit surprised to see a non-Uber team with over 1700 rating.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Starting up my last run of battles. Going to shoot for 100 battles, then I'll stop.

I have to say, I think my rating is the highest it's ever been in any of the tournaments I've entered. Right now it's at around 1520-something, and in the past two tourneys it was below 1500. Feeling pretty good.

EDIT: This battle really came down to the wire near the end: 25-92782-72640
    Last edited by Morpher01; 18th February 2013 at 2:18 AM.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

Anyone battle me?
    I've been using a team made up of Sigilyph, Gigalith, Blaziken, Dragonite, Darmanitan and Chansey.
    Considering all the legendaries going about, AND RAGE QUITTERS I've been doing good at a shaky 1600 average.

Yo, starting my rounds for today. Been itching to get back into the fray since I was busy earlier on going to one of the two leagues I go to in the weekend (one per day).
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast